Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Is there a changelog for this somewhere? I didn't immediately see one but if you aren't keeping one/posting it you totally should as I'm probably not alone in being really into reading those for some reason.

I'm about to try this, and it looks fantastic! I'm just waiting for you to remove that little "might want to hold off a bit" edit under the download link.

Some people don't get so excited about romhacks, but to me any complete romhack is just as hype as a brand-new game in the series popping out of nowhere. Passion matters more than what's canon, I think. Sure sometimes romhacks might have worst game design (although not usually because anyone with the patience to finish one must be a long-time fan) but its not like everyone likes every official release anyways. The difference is that we have to spend money on those! But hey, it looks like you put a lot of work and love into this, and I like to think that sort of thing always shines through in the result.

So yeah, rant notwithstanding, I'm excited.

There's a small list of changes from when I first posted this up to the most recent patch, but it's not really much. I haven't changed that much between the patches outside of some balancing stuff.

The note about holding off was actually something I probably should have removed a while ago, that's my bad. I don't know whether I should leave it there or not now though, because once again I am working on touching some stuff up.

Anyway, in other news:

a76zlAH.png

RIP Val's red horse 2012-2015.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The horse is no longer red! Rejoice!

I always thought it looked so weird but assumed it was due to colour count limitations + if Val was named after the horse it kinda sorta fit if it was red.

Still. Much better.

There's a small list of changes from when I first posted this up to the most recent patch, but it's not really much. I haven't changed that much between the patches outside of some balancing stuff.

The note about holding off was actually something I probably should have removed a while ago, that's my bad. I don't know whether I should leave it there or not now though, because once again I am working on touching some stuff up.

Anyway, in other news:

a76zlAH.png

RIP Val's red horse 2012-2015.

....well, I have to at least wait for the patch that includes that magnificent horse. I want to play this so badly thoughhhh

Will simply say I played the hack several times a few days after you initially posted it and enjoyed it greatly.

I do it now because I feel it is important for developpers to know that several people will enjoy their work and not necessarily take the time to make them know.

Picked this up a week ago and have been playing on and off for a while. Been loving it every step of the way and I am eternally grateful to you Sacred Blaze but I just finished chapter 7 and I got the cut scene where Ash goes super ham and then surrenders and I end up on a fading black screen that just stays there, pretty much freezes. Don't know if my hack is broken or not or maybe something went wrong? Has this happened to anyone else? Should I just erase the ROM and save file and replay everything? Wouldn't really mind as I would know what to do up to that point. I am playing off my phone by the way using the My Boy! GBA emulator maybe that's causing problems for whatever reason. Really want to beat this hack its seems amazing as far as I've gotten.

Hmm, this happened to someone else as well, I think. I'll have to try and make sure that this can't happen anymore once I put the new patch up, but I've got no idea what might be causing it.

Was it a freeze right before the save screen is about to come up? So that scene where Ash and the bad guys are about to leave?

Also, did you attack Alicia or Bran during the chapter?

Picked this up a week ago and have been playing on and off for a while. Been loving it every step of the way and I am eternally grateful to you Sacred Blaze but I just finished chapter 7 and I got the cut scene where Ash goes super ham and then surrenders and I end up on a fading black screen that just stays there, pretty much freezes. Don't know if my hack is broken or not or maybe something went wrong? Has this happened to anyone else? Should I just erase the ROM and save file and replay everything? Wouldn't really mind as I would know what to do up to that point. I am playing off my phone by the way using the My Boy! GBA emulator maybe that's causing problems for whatever reason. Really want to beat this hack its seems amazing as far as I've gotten.

Hmm, this happened to someone else as well, I think. I'll have to try and make sure that this can't happen anymore once I put the new patch up, but I've got no idea what might be causing it.

Was it a freeze right before the save screen is about to come up? So that scene where Ash and the bad guys are about to leave?

The same thing happened to me too. I tried to play again and let the dialogues go through without skipping them but I still get a black screen regardless. Happens just right after Ash surrenders and Legato finishes talking.

Yeah, I assume that was due to using Nightmare to try and fix the stat bug. If I was watching correctly, it seems that her resistance went negative after she promoted, for some reason.

I really need to find a proper fix for this bug before I bring the next patch out.

Its right after Ash almost kills Alicia. He surrenders, I get the cut scene with the white knight and all, then it cuts back to outside the fort with the sprites and it goes black. I did kill Alicia in that playthrough though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this hack for the past week and let me say that this is one of the best hacks that I've ever played, FE or otherwise!t! Congratulations Sacred Blaze! Unfortunately, seems like I encountered a bug and can no longer finish the game. Right after the conversation with Rayden and Zara (after Chapter 21), the screen just turns black. I tried reloading a previous save (right before defeating Zara in Chapter 21), and listened through all the conversations, but still got the black screen. Has anyone else encountered this before?

I've been playing this hack for the past week and let me say that this is one of the best hacks that I've ever played, FE or otherwise!t! Congratulations Sacred Blaze! Unfortunately, seems like I encountered a bug and can no longer finish the game. Right after the conversation with Rayden and Zara (after Chapter 21), the screen just turns black. I tried reloading a previous save (right before defeating Zara in Chapter 21), and listened through all the conversations, but still got the black screen. Has anyone else encountered this before?

Another black screen issue?

I've never heard of this happening on that chapter, but it has come up on another one, before. I did recently see someone complete the chapter in a video on the most recent patch and nothing went wrong though.

Did you happen to have any of the extra events occur, by having Meredith or Katarina attack the boss, by any chance?

Assuming that this is something going wrong in game, it might have to do with the extra events trying to trigger, perhaps. I'll try and check it out.

I remember using the most recent patch at this point (1.3), and triggering both Meredith and Katerina's extra scenes without a problem. Granted the save file had been started on 1.0 and updated as each new patch came out, with the jump to 1.3 occurring about Ch. 16, but I don't see how that could have made a difference.

Faulty patching experience perhaps? Even NUPS fails sometimes; I remember when I used it to patch Midnight Sun's first public release, and ended up with every enemy in the game having health points in the seventies, and being of the wrong classes (monsters became great lords and falco knights for example). Tried again using the android multi patcher, the same ROM and the same patch, and everything worked fine. So did NUPS the second time round. An extreme example, but it could be something similar.

Or it could be the particular emulator. Compare Gameboid and Myboy on Android. Try playing Skitty's most recent Fractured Realms on both; on Myboy it works fine throughout, on Gameboid it will guaranteed freeze whenever someone enters a battle that will cause them to level up. In a similar fashion, many pokemon hacks can't use in-game saves and occaisionally suffer glitchy graphics with gameboid, but work fine on Myboy. I still use gameboid where I can because it's a bit more user friendly.

Basically, it's not always a problem with the patch. Sometimes certain emulators just don't like a particular hack. Maybe start asking which emulator someone is using when they encounter a freeze? You might see a pattern.

(Oh, and gameboid got all the way through Requiem without a problem.)

Edited by Wayward Winds

Posted (edited) · Hidden by ghast, November 3, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by ghast, November 3, 2015 - No reason given

EDIT: And Serenes duplicates my posts again. I am getting annoyed with this.

Edited by Wayward Winds
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey not sure if I just missed this or its a bug or what but not sure what to do.

I did Val hard -> attempted to start Alicia hard but when in doing so it took me to a chapter called Extra: The Chronicle, which appears to be out of place (There are spoilers in the chapter into) and unfortunately when I finish the chapter it restarts the exact same chapter, meaning I can't progress with the stats I had on the characters from part 1.

Is there actually an Alicia mode? Starting a new game with her just put me at The Chronicle also, but starting with Ash put me in the correct spot.

Thanks for the hack I've had a lot of fun with it.

Hey not sure if I just missed this or its a bug or what but not sure what to do.

I did Val hard -> attempted to start Alicia hard but when in doing so it took me to a chapter called Extra: The Chronicle, which appears to be out of place (There are spoilers in the chapter into) and unfortunately when I finish the chapter it restarts the exact same chapter, meaning I can't progress with the stats I had on the characters from part 1.

Is there actually an Alicia mode? Starting a new game with her just put me at The Chronicle also, but starting with Ash put me in the correct spot.

Thanks for the hack I've had a lot of fun with it.

I'm pretty sure there is no Alicia mode. The Alicia mode is just an extra exposition-filled story chapter.

Ah I see you mentioned this in your original post its just at the end. A little annoying because it chained from Val mode so I lost my file but I suppose I could have read everything. All good though I'll just play without the pre part.

So, I just got to Ch. 13.

Being the total moron that I am, I didn't recruit Edward earlier in the story because I couldn't recruit him with Ash. I thought he was like Cath, and I'd recruit him later.

Am I as totally screwed as the map overview leads me to believe I am? Most of the chests in the next two chapters contain much-needed promotional items, specifically for Katarina (who is lvl. 17 with +3 mag over the average o_o). Even if some shop down the line sells keys, I can't exactly go back and get the missed items.

Should I bank on the (assumed) plot promotions of Ash, Alicia, and Valentine?

Do I (gasp) actually use the pre-promotes coming soon-ish?

The answer's probably really simple, but I don't know what to do. The next chapters should be fine without promoted units, but come chapter 16-17 I'm going to wish I could actually promote.

You won't get everything, that's for sure, but you shouldn't be missing out on stuff that's too important.

But in chapter 13, you get 7 chest keys, which will get you 7 out of the 12 in chapters 13 and 14.

I've made it so that the promotion items are in the chests not behind doors for the most part IIRC, so you shouldn't be as screwed as the overview might lead you to think.

Whenever you get to chapter 18, I'd suggest picking up a few extra door/chest keys from the secret shop though.

And using the pre-premotes in this game isn't actually a bad idea, honestly, so you could do that anyways.

It was, on that day

That Valentine became the best unit in the game.

42 Skill?

34 Resistance?

Seems balanced.

Chapter 15 y u do dis

EDITERINO

To avoid doubleposting, I'll put this here.

Maybe I just suck at FE, but I was forced to cheese the absolute crap out of Chapter 7. I brought just Rayden, Josie, and Val (ofc). I sent Josie to kill Alicia (because of StrictGryphon's video, I thought that killing Alicia was the point of the level), while Rayden rescued Val and just sat on the Gate and waited for 8 turns. No matter what team combination I used, I just couldn't beat Ch. 7 without using this cheese tactic. I wanted to ask anyone who read this; How did YOU beat chapter 7, if you did at all?

Edited by Yew Geneolgia