Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's cool if someone managed to actually write this game to a cartridge and it works. However, the fact that the artwork on the front is just all the official Fire Emblem lords is weird. Nothing to do with the hack. The same person seems to be selling TLP and Corrupt Theocracy on cartridge as well, with more sensible cover art.

EDIT: He's also selling an English translation of Binding Blade, which has photos of it running on a GBA SP, so I guess they're legit?

Edited by SEVA

Well, it's cool if someone managed to actually write this game to a cartridge and it works. However, the fact that the artwork on the front is just all the official Fire Emblem lords is weird. Nothing to do with the hack. The same person seems to be selling TLP and Corrupt Theocracy on cartridge as well, with more sensible cover art.

EDIT: He's also selling an English translation of Binding Blade, which has photos of it running on a GBA SP, so I guess they're legit?

I can't speak for Requiem's Repro, but I actually own the Binding Blade and Last Promise ones, and they work fine.

Hey Sacred Blaze, I don't know if this has been brought to your attention yet, but... I was browsing through eBay when I suddenly saw this.

s-l1600.jpg

Lol, I don't know how to feel about this.

I really hope someone doesn't buy this thinking it's some sort of FE universe crossover hack.

I wouldn't know how to feel myself to be quite honest. On the one hand it'd be cool to have your hack in a cartridge, but on the other hand it's unfair that this seller is making money from your hard work which you offer for free. There's worse than this, though. Someone was selling a reproduction cart of the FE2 translation for $100. Yup. (And you can get the original cartridge itself for less than half of that.)

The weird thing is that all the other bootlegs have decent artwork (nothing misleading), but for Requiem they just slapped all the lords together. And 2 sold already.

Edited by Blue Druid

I wouldn't know how to feel myself to be quite honest. On the one hand it'd be cool to have your hack in a cartridge, but on the other hand it's unfair that this seller is making money from your hard work which you offer for free. There's worse than this, though. Someone was selling a reproduction cart of the FE2 translation for $100. Yup. (And you can get the original cartridge itself for less than half of that.)

The weird thing is that all the other bootlegs have decent artwork (nothing misleading), but for Requiem they just slapped all the lords together. And 2 sold already.

Strangely, all of the translation bootlegs start that high, but after around 6-12 months they lower to around the same price as a Japanese legit copy of the game and more than 1 or 2 dudes are selling them.

I recently tried something silly in this hack. I tried to kill both Bran and Legato in Chapter 7.

9ec9f527909bed348436d818508b6513o.jpg3523b254f9377e315d1916619885f40co.jpg

Josie, Rayden and Val (with the help of a cheat to lock it on turn 8) were all I needed.
Doesn't seem to affect the fact that you beat Legato, nevertheless it's cool to see what happens when you beat Bran.

Summer is here and I've decided that it's time to play a new Fire Emblem hack.

Requiem has gotten requested more than any other hack, probably because it is finished, which I respect a great deal.

So I suppose you can all expect a Requiem LP on my channel sometime in the near future!

I recently tried something silly in this hack. I tried to kill both Bran and Legato in Chapter 7.

9ec9f527909bed348436d818508b6513o.jpg3523b254f9377e315d1916619885f40co.jpg

Josie, Rayden and Val (with the help of a cheat to lock it on turn 8) were all I needed.

Doesn't seem to affect the fact that you beat Legato, nevertheless it's cool to see what happens when you beat Bran.

Did you freeze Legato's AI or something?

I thought he moves to attack you when in range and pretty much one-rounds most of your units. He at least, isn't intended to be beaten at all.

Summer is here and I've decided that it's time to play a new Fire Emblem hack.

Requiem has gotten requested more than any other hack, probably because it is finished, which I respect a great deal.

So I suppose you can all expect a Requiem LP on my channel sometime in the near future!

Cool. I've never watched one of your LPs but I know a lot of people do, so I look forward to it.

Did you freeze Legato's AI or something?

I thought he moves to attack you when in range and pretty much one-rounds most of your units. He at least, isn't intended to be beaten at all.

Not at all. What I did was to force him to use Fury, that made him lose 3 Speed Points leaving it a 18. After that I lure him to be near Val (she had 16 Speed) when she was around some mountains and forests. Because Val had enough HP to where Fury could kill her he continued to use it. After that all I need was to move near him when needed and it was done.

Oh boy, this hack is both great and I hate it at the same time. On one hand the story and the like is wonderful. On the other hand Andrei and Val REFUSE to grow in stats not HP. Granted, I'm only at Chapter 1 (Invasion) but it's kinda hard to kill things when they basically have their base stats plus 2 HP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welp, playing this for real and i lost edward on chapter 14 due to endless enemy reinforcements and not enough units to deploy (seriously, a defense mission with 9 units?)

i get another thief right? otherwise i'll have to restart the entire chapter.

EDIT: nevermind i did beat it without losing anyone..

although next stage i got a Kane with 40 skill and an Andre with 33 resistance.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

1) Only the one thief. That chapter isn't bad actually if you huddle on the right side with the treasure chests. Trying to hold the starting area is a bit of a trap. Its not that much more difficult than the early defence chapter in PoR imo.

2) I've heard of Res bugging out when you get units back, but not Skill. O_o

Edited by TheNiddo

There's a lot of units in this game so that encourages me to go back and play the game over dedicating experience to different units and using a different set of units to win the game. My main team was Gemma (she capped strength as a Peg Knight), Clare (capped Magic, Speed, Resistance, and Skill IIRC), Andrei, Valentine, Edward, Ash, and Alicia. This is overall a very good fan project.

Did anyone else do Alicia x Ash?

Edited by iDaire

1) Only the one thief. That chapter isn't bad actually if you huddle on the right side with the treasure chests. Trying to hold the starting area is a bit of a trap. Its not that much more difficult than the early defence chapter in PoR imo.

2) I've heard of Res bugging out when you get units back, but not Skill. O_o

I split my units into two teams, with Edward going after the locked door and another 6-MOV unit going after the top chests. I also had a healer on each side, which helped.

So I went and tried to download the game. I have already downloaded FE:7 since I wanted to play that before, but I figured I would just download it a second time so that the patch doesn't overlap with my current save file. I tried patching it and it seemed to work but for whatever reason OpenEmu wouldn't let it download into its library. So I figure I would try it on another emulator, that seemed to have worked except, I didn't like the controls on the other emulator so I figured I would give OpenEmu another shot. However, now its says that the patch is incompatible with the file and for whatever reason the file that I had originally patched just vanished and now I can't play it on the other emulator either. What is going on here?

Insufficient information to properly debug. What other emulator did you use?

Additionally, did you try and patch an already patched ROM? :V

Finally, you should be able to change the control setup of any even remotely intelligently built emulator to what you want; probably via Options or Settings :M

The other rom was virtual boy advance and the error I get whenever I try to patch the game is "The patch doesn't match the file"

EDIT: I have been trying to get it to work on OpenEmu does this work for you guys what emulators have you guys used

Edited by Tempo

• 2 weeks later...