Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Ok, so I've just recently started playing FE hacks. I was looking around on the fourms and found this randomly. This is the second one I've played (the first being FE: The Last Promise by Blazer). While I haven't beaten the game yet, I just made it to chapter 9, I wanted to give my currents thoughts on this.

Note: I'm gonna be a bit in-depth with this and share my experience with it, so it may be a bit long. Hopefully it won't bore you.

I first want to say, this game is pretty good. I enjoyed going thorough the chapters and familiarizing myself with each character, who are written really well by the why. The story is good so far too.

Now, I've been playing FE since FE:07 Blazing Sword and I have to say......this game can EASILY kick your rear! I mean, the the first few chapters are HHHAAARRRDDD! I've had to restart probably 3-6 times in the first 2 chapters alone! Now don't worry, this is more of a Contra kinda hard. Difficult, but fun at the same time! Each chapter went kinda like this:

-Paralouge: Linda was probably the one who kept finishing off one of the siblings when low on health (kinda funny considering how I use her...). The NPC's acted like they had a brain, so it was a while before one got killed. Near the end, since Andrei had the Breaker, I had him fight the boss. About 2 fights later, the boss is almost dead...as well as Andrei, who had 1 HP left. Now, a smart person would fall back, give the breaker to Val, and let her finish him. However, I'm nuts when playing FE, so Andrei took the final blow. And it was funny how accurate the following cutscene was.

-Chap.1: I get a Wyvern rider this early on? I FREAKIN' LOVE YOU! I really love wyvern riders (ever since Jill from Path of Radience, who was a hard hitting tank for me), so excuse my overreaction ( I accept Keiran greatly though). Anyway, I had to play REALLY defensively. Andrei didn't help, he refused to dodge. Linda on the other hand, was dodging almost everything. Katarina is a God send, Nuff said.

-Chap.2: Things cooled down a bit in this chapter. I was able to get through this chapter in one go. Also, I have to commend this, Marco's fighting sprite is so smooth! I mean, his attacks flow so nicely ( almost better than everyone else).

-Chap.3: Two words...Pegasus. Knights. I had a good defensive plan going, then they decided to charge forward and mess me up big time! I restarted about...5 times before saying "screw it" and having Joise & Rayden step in and destroy a lot of enemies (This chapter had my most deaths so far).

-Chap.4: I was curious to see how fast I could get Val to Kane, so I use Josie to fly her over near him, but Josie beat him in the process......oops... so 1 restart later, I go through and beat the chapter (wasn't too, too hard. I wish I fought Kane, because I missied out on +2 defense, but oh well.

-Chap.5: Kane is awesome, Issac is...well...good, but Kane kinda stole the spotlight. I was doing great on the chapter...and then Nella showed up. She was flying northeast...where wyvern riders spawned a few turns later. I sent Keiran after her and he almost got killed. The wyvern riders attacked Nella, but thankfully she could dodge. After recruiting her, I had her rescue Keiran and had Kane, Issac and Marco save them. I then realized Nella actually helped me big time by leading the wyvern riders away farther and she greatly injured one of the archers. I was able to go through the chapter in one go. Thank you Nella! :3

-Chap.6: It was pretty tough and I was doing fine, but I wasn't expecting reinforcements near the shops out front...which is where I had Issac...alone. RESTART!

Ok, I may not know the full situation, but...I felt seriously bad when Nella talked to Layla (and the cutscene afterwards). Nella doesn't seem mean or anything, so I was left wondering..."What happened?" (While you may not care about this, but..) Personally, I guess since me and my mom are pretty close, it kinda pulled on my feels. But like I said, I don't know their situation, so I'll wait and see.

-Chap.7: Considering previous experiences, I used all my stat boosters since I usually lose them after the "transition" (something I don't normally do). I had a lot of close calls in this one, but I managed to pull through in one go. Also, whether this was intentional or not, kinda like how the feeling Val has near the end is similar to what you're felling at the end. The chapter says "Survive???", and you're doing just that. After a while, it seems like you are making progress and clearing them out,......only to have 20-30 more units (not sure how many) appear. Disheartening to say the least (especially with the 4 or 5 hero's appearing. I knew I was screwed at that point).

When Val fought Bran, I cringed a bit because I KNEW this would end badly. The critical reassured it! I was surprise how Ash came out and made quick work of both Bran and Alicia too (Speaking of Alicia, I checked her profile and noticed how her class is "Lord". Hhhmmm...

-Chap.8: While I could question why Val was out for 3 weeks, I remember that she was hit with a critical. A critical from a General who was 15 levels above her (Not mention the strong weapon he had)!

While I normally would take everyone out, I decided to take the left path and leave some enemies alive.I got through in one go. Also, Katarina is at max level now (Like I said, she is a God send. I kinda did the same thing in FE: TLP with it's first healer, Tamiko).

Speaking of good characters, Linda, Katarina, Marco, and Kane are my favorites so far.

So, I'm playing through Chap.9 now and I'm kinda happy to see Drake alive and well.

So overall from what I've played , this is a really good game. Great characters, great story, and great challenge. I'll come back later and give my full reactions later (it may be less in-depth since this one was pretty in-depth). Great job on this game! :3

Whoa, that's a big write up...

Glad you're enjoying it though.

Not really much for me to address here, but it's always interesting to hear how the stages go for other players.

• Prologue: Be thankful for NPC's being smart for you. Believe me, there are some runs in which they may as well not even be there with how stupid they can be.
  • Chapter 6: I believe there is actually some dialogue at the beginning of the chapter that hinted (unless I forgot to add it in this version) if only very slightly of the possibility of reinforcements, but you're past it now, so I guess it doesn't matter. Also, don't worry about Nella too much.
  • Chapter 7: I'll say this now that you're past it, but you could actually have left the stat boosters in Almer's storage to carry them over. You're probably going to end up using the characters once they come back though, so it's not that big of a deal.
  • Chapter 8: I would attribute the three weeks to a combination of plot, plot and plot. Honestly, I've got no good answer. It's just the time-frame I chose. This is a time with magic healing staves, so I don't know what to say really. Her luck stat is high.

Hmm, on that note about Katarina, her fast experience gain is due to a bug caused when you hack ROMs.

I was actually thinking about fixing that to honest. Any thoughts on this? (Addressing anyone else here)

I mean while it's good that she levels up quickly, but it does kind of lead to some odd level balancing stuff later in the game. But at the same time, in game that's shorter than the standard FE7, getting her light magic level up without it would be a pain, unless you promote her a lot earlier.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, that's a big write up...

Glad you're enjoying it though.

Not really much for me to address here, but it's always interesting to hear how the stages go for other players.

• Prologue: Be thankful for NPC's being smart for you. Believe me, there are some runs in which they may as well not even be there with how stupid they can be.
  • Chapter 6: I believe there is actually some dialogue at the beginning of the chapter that hinted (unless I forgot to add it in this version) if only very slightly of the possibility of reinforcements, but you're past it now, so I guess it doesn't matter. Also, don't worry about Nella too much.
  • Chapter 7: I'll say this now that you're past it, but you could actually have left the stat boosters in Almer's storage to carry them over. You're probably going to end up using the characters once they come back though, so it's not that big of a deal.
  • Chapter 8: I would attribute the three weeks to a combination of plot, plot and plot. Honestly, I've got no good answer. It's just the time-frame I chose. This is a time with magic healing staves, so I don't know what to say really. Her luck stat is high.
Hmm, on that note about Katarina, her fast experience gain is due to a bug caused when you hack ROMs.

I was actually thinking about fixing that to honest. Any thoughts on this? (Addressing anyone else here)

I mean while it's good that she levels up quickly, but it does kind of lead to some odd level balancing stuff later in the game. But at the same time, in game that's shorter than the standard FE7, getting her light magic level up without it would be a pain, unless you promote her a lot earlier.

Oh wow I never realized that it was a bug. No wonder she capped pretty fast for me but I thought healers always got a ton of xp from healing from my previous expereince. She got 20s xp per heal. Isn't that normal?

I think the balanced stat distributions are a good thing. Its kind of annoying when some chars get super op stat gains, while others get mediocre stat gains.

There is still variance. Some guys have weakish base stats or less useful stat distributions. Like I find Linda pretty useless sicne Skye seems to outclass the hell out of her.

And my Linda got good stat gains due to good luck too.... Skye is just a complete and utter beast. High mobility, good str, skl, spd and good hp and defense for a ranged unit.

Edited by felixng2015

this game ainy look like a hack, its almost like a full pledged game :)) i even liked the story, esp the way their uncle COMPLETELY understands how ash thinks.... i wants to have that kind of friend.... someone who knows me inside out :))) ummm does using cheats like fast levl up messes this hack? cause my katarina and my marco (the 1st fighter) i cant upgrade the class to whatevr their upgraded classes should be, i use 99 exp code to make it 1 action levl up, i hope to use light magic with katarina but i cant cause my protion items dont work on her :) but all in all, this is one of the best ive played so far,

Oh wow I never realized that it was a bug. No wonder she capped pretty fast for me but I thought healers always got a ton of xp from healing from my previous expereince. She got 20s xp per heal. Isn't that normal?

Yeah, in the base games, healing gives about 10 exp per heal when using heal and mend staves. Only the higher level staves would give you much more than that.

I've been playing around with the experience a little bit now though, so I'm not sure if its actually worth changing back to the original values. I might just lower it a little bit though.

Aren't Rogues supposed to open doors/chests without using lockpicks? Edward 's been promoted but it seems he still needs them.

Well, in Sacred Stones, yeah they can. Maybe I'm being dumb, but I don't think there's a way to bring that ability over. (Is there?) If there is, I'd add the feature in.

this game ainy look like a hack, its almost like a full pledged game :)) i even liked the story, esp the way their uncle COMPLETELY understands how ash thinks.... i wants to have that kind of friend.... someone who knows me inside out :))) ummm does using cheats like fast levl up messes this hack? cause my katarina and my marco (the 1st fighter) i cant upgrade the class to whatevr their upgraded classes should be, i use 99 exp code to make it 1 action levl up, i hope to use light magic with katarina but i cant cause my protion items dont work on her :) but all in all, this is one of the best ive played so far,

Hmm, sorry, but I wouldn't know the answer to that. I guess that must be the reason, because they definitely should be able to promote, with Katarina using the Sage's Ring (Guiding Ring) and Marco using a Hero's Crest. Alternatively they could use the Power Crest (Earth Seal). If anyone else has encountered this issue, then I'll need to look deeper into this.

i already found a solution, i tried using ring and hero crest, i used earth seal (power crest) and that doesnt work so i assumed the ring and hero crest wont work as well, yet the ring and the crest worked :)) i wonder why earth seal didnt worked doh :))

Well, in Sacred Stones, yeah they can. Maybe I'm being dumb, but I don't think there's a way to bring that ability over. (Is there?) If there is, I'd add the feature in.

In that case, Assassin may be a better class for Edward.

Edited by skywalker

i already found a solution, i tried using ring and hero crest, i used earth seal (power crest) and that doesnt work so i assumed the ring and hero crest wont work as well, yet the ring and the crest worked :)) i wonder why earth seal didnt worked doh :))

Ah, you know what, it's good that you found this. Because those two characters actually use different class slots to the normal fighter and cleric, I must have forgotten to make them promotable with the Earth Seal. I'll need to fix that. Thanks for pointing that out.

My Alicia one shotted Bran with one critical strike. Kind of sad lol. Only complaint in terms of difficulty so far is the fact that the bosses are not all that challenging but I think thats

true for most FE games.

Edited by felixng2015

My Alicia one shotted Bran with one critical strike. Kind of sad lol. Only complaint in terms of difficulty so far is the fact that the bosses are not all that challenging but I think thats

true for most FE games.

Lol, how tragic.

Yeah, they're pretty easy to deal with, but as you said, that's pretty much the norm for FE. I guess that shouldn't be an excuse for me, but I don't think it's too much of a problem either. The only real way to make them legitimately hard is to either make them completely outclass your units or move amongst normal enemies, but most of the time that just becomes more of an annoyance than anything else, in my opinion. As they are now, they still can pose something of threat, as long you don't just critical them to death.

Also, I've released a new patch (Ver 1.2) in the main post, if anyone's interested. Once again no major, major changes, but some stuff has been reworked.

Argh I literally just finish 19 and 19x before this patch. Oh well.

Btw what happens if I apply the new patch and use a save state?

...That can be risky, depends on how much the hack has changed between versions. I did that once when I was proof reading Midnight Sun. Let's just say things got weird.

Meanwhile, back on the topic of Requiem; there's an inconsistency in the chapter objectives for Ch. 14. On the map it displays as survive 8 turns, but if you look at the status screen, it says you need to survive for 10 turns.

...At least you don't need to survive an entire 8th turn; I rushed off to get those chests and was not in the best of situations come turn 8, player phase. Then I pressed end turn having got my troops in the best defensive position I could, and... map ended. Phew!

Stat checking Valentine, Andrei, Isaac and Kane. Andrei's been hit by the bug: his resistance has gone from 1 to 33. No other stats have changed on any of them. Incidentally, I believe Andrei is the only character out of that bunch that I didn't deploy back in Ch. 8.

Edited by Wayward Winds

Argh I literally just finish 19 and 19x before this patch. Oh well.

Btw what happens if I apply the new patch and use a save state?

Hmm, well, in this case, because I'm only changing minor things, I don't believe it should break anything, but I'd keep the old version just in case. I probably should have thought about this before everyone's games start breaking...

It would probably be advisable to restart a stage you're in the middle of, as a precaution.

...That can be risky, depends on how much the hack has changed between versions. I did that once when I was proof reading Midnight Sun. Let's just say things got weird.

Meanwhile, back on the topic of Requiem; there's an inconsistency in the chapter objectives for Ch. 14. On the map it displays as survive 8 turns, but if you look at the status screen, it says you need to survive for 10 turns.

...At least you don't need to survive an entire 8th turn; I rushed off to get those chests and was not in the best of situations come turn 8, player phase. Then I pressed end turn having got my troops in the best defensive position I could, and... map ended. Phew!

Stat checking Valentine, Andrei, Isaac and Kane. Andrei's been hit by the bug: his resistance has gone from 1 to 33. No other stats have changed on any of them. Incidentally, I believe Andrei is the only character out of that bunch that I didn't deploy back in Ch. 8.

Darn, I forgot to change that. Yeah, the chapter used to be 10 turns, but I put it down to 8. Gonna make that change now.

On that last point about the stats...

I don't think that would be the reason (if that's what you're implying), because then it wouldn't make sense that Valentine's stats can break, seeing as she has to be deployed. I might have to look into that some more though.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Just beat the game yesterday got all characters and their alive I'm not sure how i feel about the ending on one hand its unexpected and on the other hand well that would be a spoiler just not sure how i feel

Just beat the game yesterday got all characters and their alive I'm not sure how i feel about the ending on one hand its unexpected and on the other hand well that would be a spoiler just not sure how i feel

Put it in a spoiler tag? PM me?

I'd be interested to know what you think of it, either way. There are probably things that could be improved or questioned, but I don't know.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Sooo when are you supposed to get a light user in ashes mode?

The only options are Katarina and Rayden, unfortunately. There aren't a lot of magic users in the game in the first place.

Also, there's no S rank light tome, so you don't have to worry about anyone's weapon rank that high.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Same problem here. Andrei and Val have humongous RES in the chapter I get them back.

*My bad, didn't know this was a known bug. For what it's worth, Kane also has 40 skill and 30 res.

Edited by thesios