Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Same problem here. Andrei and Val have humongous RES in the chapter I get them back.

*My bad, didn't know this was a known bug. For what it's worth, Kane also has 40 skill and 30 res.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

The thing is this bug didn't always occur, but then it suddenly started and I seemingly couldn't fix it by going to backup version of the game at the time. So now... it's just kind of there. It's starting to seem like the only way to fix it would be to start the whole thing again on a clean ROM, but then that's just so much copying and pasting. -_-

Edited by Sacred Blaze

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I get a walkthrough for chapter 21 because I don't see a boss but the goal is kill the boss. (And any recruitable characters)

The boss appears on turn 7, or at least she should.

Recruitable character is Thelma, female Hero who appears on turn 6. Talk to with Val or Edward (the thief). Unlike the other NPC stages, it doesn't matter if she dies or anything.

Also, if you're using Katarina, you'll probably want to make sure that she attacks the boss, if you want to get some useful items for her.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Well because of all the fe 8 classes that you used, the overall sort of plot reminded me a lot of it. Also I feel like it would have benefited from an open world. And I feel that you could have made use of the skills included in that game.

Ah, yeah, I guess I could see that. The plot definitely has some similarities thinking on it now, although I didn't consider it much whilst making it. Ash/Val and Eirika/Ephraim aren't too far off (dynamic-wise) and the bad guy could literally just be Lyon and it not make too big of a difference. (ignoring his sprite's obvious similarities, lol)

The skills might have been an interesting touch, but then again, I'm not a big fan of the way they were handled in FE8 to begin with.

Open world probably would have allowed me to be a bit more smart about where I placed the shops throughout the game, arguably, seeing as they're quite few and far between, but then it might have created some balancing issues elsewhere, knowing me. It would also make some sense, with the "hollow" enemies being like the monsters on the world map there.

Sacred Blaze -

Made an account to say thanks for the work you've done. I'm only starting Ash's campaign now, but the characters, the levels, and the writing rival the canon entries from the GBA era, as far as I'm concerned. It appears a ton of work went into this, and I hope word spreads about your game, because it's very much worth playing. The Last Promise was enjoyable too, but I really appreciate that this keeps it simple and zeroes in on the stuff that matters.

Bravo!

Hiya! I absolutely love the game, but I'm currently on chapter 23 with no door keys and no thief deployed. Either way, my thief doesn't have a lockpick either, and there's no walls to break, so it's impossible to beat the chapter.

No, it's not, don't worry. (unless it is, in which case...)

You've gotta step on the switch tiles that are on the map. The first one is just above where the Sniper boss was. It's a slightly different looking tile. There are two more that you then have to step on after that near the other two bosses.

Chiming in to say this in an excellent work of art. I teared up a bit when I got A support with Nala and Skye.

Emilia has a death wish, BTW. Six restarts due to her kicking the bucket before I could reach her.

Chiming in to say this in an excellent work of art. I teared up a bit when I got A support with Nala and Skye.

Emilia has a death wish, BTW. Six restarts due to her kicking the bucket before I could reach her.

Ha, yeah, that happens. Although, she usually has pretty good survivability for me. I've never had her die that many times except for when I was first making the stage and it was impossible as hell. Here's hoping things look up for you.

Also, bonus points to you and anyone else who uses Nala. My username has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

I just started and already having problems....I've never been raped so hard by the RNG in my life....getting hit by 26%'s an 47%'s....missing 80%'s and even some 90%'s....

Despite that I'm really loving the story...if I make it past the prologue at this rate XD

Edited by Ziose0

Ha, yeah, that happens. Although, she usually has pretty good survivability for me. I've never had her die that many times except for when I was first making the stage and it was impossible as hell. Here's hoping things look up for you.

Also, bonus points to you and anyone else who uses Nala. My username has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Nala is a goddess, used her for recruitment all the way to the end, since i'm just a swordmaster fanatic :D

Hey there, this is some amazing hack you've made!

However, I got A Support with Ed, and Thelma, their Ending is off,(It talks about Nala and L'arachel Laraye)

Some thoughts plot-wise:

SPOILER AHEAD!

Sigh, you're a heartbreaker, when I thought I finally where controling bad guys, they just leave the bad side, sigh.

I'm also kinda happy that, this hack isn't about a random Merc saving the world.(Most hacks do so)

However you want back to the normal Fire Emblem(Some noble who lost it's country and seeks revenge)

But a not-cliche hack.

(the story is original and story is the most important thing to me in any game(except platformers, but whatever)

Hey there, this is some amazing hack you've made!

However, I got A Support with Ed, and Thelma, their Ending is off,(It talks about Nala and L'arachel Laraye)

Some thoughts plot-wise:

SPOILER AHEAD!

Sigh, you're a heartbreaker, when I thought I finally where controling bad guys, they just leave the bad side, sigh.

I'm also kinda happy that, this hack isn't about a random Merc saving the world.(Most hacks do so)

However you want back to the normal Fire Emblem(Some noble who lost it's country and seeks revenge)

But a not-cliche hack.

(the story is original and story is the most important thing to me in any game(except platformers, but whatever)

Aw man, well that's gonna need a fix. Gonna need to check the rest of my endings too, then.

EDIT: Looking at it, it was somehow only that one ending that had the wrong text. Oddly enough as well, it wasn't even that I had actually allocated them the same text slot, but rather that the same exact text was copied into the block somehow :/

If you're interested anyway...

[spoiler=What the ending was]

One of Thelma's first acts as the new

ruler of Megelar was to lend aid to

Edward and his friends. He was made

a spy under her command and with his

help, the country regained it's strength.

[spoiler=SpoilerStuff]

Yeah, sorry about that. I could have fit a few more stages in on the enemies side at that point, especially seeing as it might have closed the level gap between the characters in Ash's mode and Val's mode, but in the end I just took the "easy" way out and cut it, because I was stuck for ideas.

In terms of story stuff, I opted to play it safe by not straying too far from the general formula, (the noble taking their country back) because otherwise it just kind of would put me in no man's land with the story. I'm not a writer, so I just don't feel I would have had the skills to write some completely new kind of story with no base.

Thanks for playing though.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

So I can't be the only one with this problem - there's not enough lockpicks. Edward can't steal from the 19-20 speed thieves that get spawned and I can only open one chest in level 19 due to a shortage of picks/keys. I promoted him to a rogue and it looks like they can't even pick chests / doors without keys, so that was pretty useless.

Hmm, alright, well I might add a few chest/door keys at some other points in the game so that it's not possible to get screwed over that hard.

And obviously, you're past this now, but the best chance to get another lockpick would have been the thief in the center of the map in chapter 17.

Alternatively, the secret shops in the game do sell lockpicks, chest keys and door keys. If you did get the Member Card in chapter 17, you can find the second one on chapter 19x (first one was on chapter 18), although you'll need a flier in order to get to it.

If you're past that point by now, then I guess there's not much to be done, unfortunately.

If you are still on that stage for now though, I can say what items are where so you can choose what to get.

[spoiler=Item Locations for chapter 19]

Bottom Left: (Good if you want them, useless if you don't)

Hero's Crest on top

Guiding Ring on bottom

Top Left: (Not great, but can be useful)

Barrier Staff on top

Tomahawk in the middle

Dragonshield on bottom

Right: (Probably the most important)

Brave Axe on left

Brave Sword on the right

EDIT: Also, damn, I didn't realise the thieves where that fast on that map, I guess. That's actually a problem because you obviously can't steal from them at all if their speed is 20. I'll do something about that.

Edited by Sacred Blaze