Romance! Intrigue! Honor! And WAR!! Let's Max Rank Fire Emblem 4!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

No Dragonball Z compatison for the axe brothers? I guess you've kind of exhausted the list of characters that can easily be matched.

Haha. Never seen that hidden Celice convo in the village. Fantastic. This game (and playthrough) just keeps giving.

4 hours ago, Corrobin said:

I think you may have forgotten to analyze Fee and Arthur there.

Nah, I left all those out because the update was already really big, Celice was doing basically everything anyway, and there were just so many new people to do.  So instead, I figured it would be better to just lump them all into a separate post.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

No Dragonball Z compatison for the axe brothers? I guess you've kind of exhausted the list of characters that can easily be matched.

Haha. Never seen that hidden Celice convo in the village. Fantastic. This game (and playthrough) just keeps giving.

...Crud!  You're right!  Ah well; I'll be sure to edit that back in eventually :P: 

Also, you may want to bring this back on Something Awful. You may know me as Junpei from there?

Hey FionordeQuester, as long as we're talking about how you're doing this on SA at the same time, I wonder if you'd be willing to show them Integrity's essay just to give them something to think about?

Edited by Gruntagen

Alright, so next update's going to be a mini-update on TWO different topics.  First of all, I actually went to the effort of cracking the 2nd Gen Jealousy mechanics for ALL the non-Substitute characters!  I know who Lakche has priority over when competing for Johalva, I know who Lana has priority over when competing for Celice, I know who Fee has priority over when competing for Arthur...I know EVERYTHING there is to know on all non-Sub characters!  So before we go further on, I'm going to lay out the entire table and explain exactly who I'll pair with who!

Now secondly, I did not cover either Arthur, Amid, Fee, Femina or Julia in the last update, so that's also going to be taken care of.  Looking back, I...might have been able to fit them all in without bloating the update too much?  I didn't think I'd be able to while I was writing it, but, looking back on it now...I might have just been in too much of a rush to update the thread.  I felt like it had already been too long; so I might end up putting those in the actual update shortly.  Regardless, they'll also be included in the next mini-update, so you'll still get them either way.  

Have a nice night all!

• 1 month later...

Johalva likes Nanna more than Lakche? Didn't see that coming. Also what about Johan? Same as his brother?

Also amusing typo.

And since Arthur and Levin were literally the only Gen 1 magic users we ever got...those two are pretty much the only two viable fathers Arthur has.

Yes, apparently its possible for Arthur to be his own father.

Edited by Jotari

So here's where I'm at on the next update.  I just realized that I don't have Chapter 7 recorded.  I believe I had Chapter 6 pre-recorded before actually covering it, so I think I mistakenly assumed that was the case for C7, too; but it was not.  For that reason, I'm going to probably take about 2-3 days to record that.  

In the meantime, you all WILL get an update tomorrow; it's just one that's going to mostly cover Pre-Battle dialogue, along with maybe some Arena fights and some strategy talk as to what I intend to do with Chapter 7.  It will be a much shorter update than what I've been doing so far; most of the ones I've done range from around 40,000 to 50,000 characters, but this one's probably going to be more in the range of...7,450 characters, I want to say?  Don't worry, I'll make it longer if I feel like it's lacking in content by the end :) . 

Now, if I get done with that, and I come away thinking that's something that's going to increase my productivity; my future updates will probably be much shorter in exchange for being much more frequent.  I don't want to burn out the way the SpoonyOne did; and let's face it, my LP's have more hiatus's then Nomura on Kingdom Hearts!  Oftentimes, getting started on an update is harder than the actual work!  The actual image editing and writing tends to be the easier part of doing this LP; so I figure I'm going to start planning my update lengths around my own mental stamina, rather than trying to always jam-pack each one with as much content as an update can possibly have (which has been my model before).  

Hopefully that makes sense, and hopefully this model will work out.  If I don't think it's working out by the time I've done a few updates, then I'll go back to what I was doing before.  And I also won't work on anything else till THIS LP gets finished!  I already tried that with that whole "Fire Emblem Gaiden RTA" project I tried, and well...THAT didn't work out, did it ;) ?  So I'm seeing this through to the end before doing anything else.

So till then, consider this LP as being in something of a transitionary period while I try and find my groove.  Have a nice night, and God bless you all!

Edited by FionordeQuester

Yeah, Thracia's canon with Holy War is...well inconsiderate is the best way to describe it. It did it's own thing without too much regard as to how Genealogy played out. The thing that sticks out to me is that Faval, Ishtar and the Mage sisters attempt to recapture Leinster in Chapter 8 is completely removed (and I can't see any good reason as to why). Leif also ignore Blume's castle and head straight for Munster even though the geography and probable path for Leif's army in Holy War leads much more heavily towards a Leif-Blume confrontation (Leif and Celice's paths kind of need to criss cross over each other for Thracia's invasion strategy to work).

Haha. I never realised how utterly hilarious Cutozov just misplacing his tome is. I always just sort of took it at face value.

Edited by Jotari

On 7/23/2017 at 1:35 AM, Jotari said:

Haha. I never realised how utterly hilarious Cutozov just misplacing his tome is. I always just sort of took it at face value.

Indeed.  You know what's REALLY funny though?  I think I remember there being REAL LIFE conflicts that were decided by equally frivolous things. Al Capone, for example, was a criminal mastermind who spent years getting away with all kinds of crazy stuff.  But the thing that FINALLY did him in?  

A tax evasion charge.  Yes, that's right.  A tax evasion charge.  THAT was what finally got him in court long enough for everyone to get him into the slammer :): . 

Huh; interesting thread.  I really like it!  I find Integrity's take on FE4 to be really interesting, and he delivers his analysis in a very humorous way.  That said, I'm worried about presenting it to Something Awful, for two reasons...

--------------------------------------------

1) Integrity spends most of his time talking about the story; and while I DO like his analysis and humor, the tone of it is mostly negative (with some exceptions here and there).  I actually LIKE this game's plot, warts and all, so it would kind of clash with what I'm going for.

2) The Something Awful forums tend to have pretty high standards regarding the technical side of their screenshot LPs, which Integrity obviously isn't focusing on.  For example...

Eltshan.png

See the picture above?  You know how I have something like 75% of the dialogue marked with portraits like this?  Well, on Something Awful, that's just standard practice; you NEED to show technical competence like that for your LP to fly.  The SA crowd is SUPER serious about the craft of constructing a screenshot LP; so I'm worried that Integrity's LP wouldn't click with them as a result.

--------------------------------------------

That all said, I might show it to them anyway; it seems to me that the guys who actually post in your threads tend to be more relaxed than the guys who approve your LP threads (standard practice for new Something Awful members).  I'll just be sure to preface it with something like "the technical quality is low, keep that in mind" or something, if I show it.

In other news...I've got a bunch of Chapter 7 recorded!  So expect a new update, soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Are you REALLY that scared that Somethingawful won't approve of the run just for having a negative tone and not showing character dialogue with avvies? Even if that's true, that's an insanely petty attitude for readers to have.

Personally, I think you should not just show it to people, but also be reflecting on not just it, but all kinds of possible interpretation as you're going through the game. There's already been a completed and archived FE4 LP on the site, and you need to do something, anything to make yourself distinct. Distinctness is why, for example, out of all the half-dozen Chrono Trigger LPs on the archive, Quovak's is the only one I find worth reading.

Eh...I'm generally a pretty cautious person, so I do sometimes worry about things I ought not to worry about.  Probably, I'll just do as you say; show it to them, preface it with "it's not as technically proficient as you might be used to", talk about why I like it and... just see how it goes.  If nothing else, it'll be something they can read while they wait for the next update :P: . 

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry everyone; this thread isn't dead. I've just been playing through the Golden Sun series, as well as play testing a difficulty/balancing hack that someone made for it. I plan on LPing that series one day, so I had fun planning out what I'd do for that. 

But yeah, this thread's still going to be finished, so don't worry about a thing smile.gif !

EDIT: Oh yes; and I just shared Integrity's FE4 LP with the Something Awful guys too!  Looking forward to what they think of it!

• 1 month later...

Excuse me, but the "and" in your final sentence is unnecessary. The humble semicolon is used to link together two related sentences (or fragments, perhaps) that are next to each other. Therefore, the use of the word "and" is incorrect in this context.

Right: Oh yes. I just...

Right: Oh yes; I just...

Possibly Right, But Shy Away From It, Just In Case: Oh yes, and I just...

Wrong: Oh yes; and I just...

A small disclaimer: I do not mean to be rude, I simply want to help the people of the internet from sounding ignorant. (Though I am nigh certain that it is not the case) If you are offended by this comment, I would be happy to remove it and refrain from bothering you in this manner in later matters.

Sincerely~

KnightOfNohr