FEditor Animations for Fan Projects

Klokinator

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, now that I'm over my initial shock, here's what the package contains for those not inclined to download:

Very nice looking full animations! To be honest, they are reskinned versions of The Blind Archer's animations, which makes me wonder if you had permission...?

They also have map sprites that look ripped directly from SNES FE.

And they have one class card. That's actually the coolest part.

Have some gifs.

ed42667ee2.gifcd54211db2.gif271c94ad1e.gif5fd4f84542.gif

c943c69fcc.gif "I punch the air to make magic appear!"

f89f44e032.gif "I AIN'T GONNA HEAL YOU HOMIE, JUST HAVE A DOLLA MAH NIGGA!"

1897a35398.png

564b768aab.png-ba35876c16.png

Edited by ♥Klokinator♥

That Baron work is so beautiful!!! So glad it has map sprites and everything.

To be completely clear, I like them too, but they're some sort of SNES edit (The map sprites are rather ugly) and there's quite a lot of pillow shading.

Those are super cool, are they the poster's work? Do we have all the permissions if not? :0

...cause these are really epic, and pretty damned good. :D

I know they're built off of The Blind Archer's generals. I... don't know if that general was free-to-edit or not, and considering we're talking about a member of the Japanese/Chinese forums (Which have demonstrated on dozens of occasions that they don't care about our western philosophy of asking before modifying art) there's a very high chance they didn't ask for permission.

BUT, at the same time, TBA made that very nice Phantom animation, and it was completely free to use and edit. So if he went through all that work full customing something, I think a General edit would be small potatoes and he wouldn't mind it. Again though, I haven't asked him yet, I'll certainly get around to it before adding it to the OP.

Edited by ♥Klokinator♥

It's kinda strange to me... why I can't rip all frames from animations. Even for Byron I didn't rip out the crit frames.

Can someone explain me what's going on? I am asking around people for spritesheets but so far I didn't got a lot of them.

So err... any advice or fix for this?

I can't rip the custom ones.

Edited by Lord Wolfram

Ah shit, you actually finished this?! I love you!

I know it's soon but... c-can we get Fae and maybe even the enemy mamukoots too from FE6? Pretty pretty please?

Also, one teeny nitpick, why doesn't it have the transformation sound? Does it not exist in FE7?

There's a few problems with it, mostly because Manaketes ram the OAM. I had to remove a few frames to keep it under the size limit. Also I had to reduce two palettes into one, but I think it turned out pretty well.

There is no transformation sound because any 0x85 commands in the starting animation will cause it to loop constantly instead of just playing once. Another limitation is that you cannot de-transform at the end of battle.

Aww. But to be fair, from what I've heard, Ryrumeli solved the manakete problem for his hack back in 2011, so I'm sure it's doable, somehow. If FE6 can have two transformations, I'm sure FE7 or FE8 can have three. It's just a matter of finding out how. Or aw just do it the easy way and wait for FEXNA

I would Like to ask, there is an Eliwood with Bow, Eirika and Eprhaim are pretty much the same sprites...Is there a Way to make Eirika Promoted with a Bow? Can anyone help me with that? Or would it be to difficult to make a Eirika With Bow using i dunno, the code from that Eliwood? I have the files from that bow Eliwood.

• 2 weeks later...