FEditor Animations for Fan Projects

Klokinator

Also klok how about them Barons?

Didn't you only post a video? I need more than that.

Dropbox is pretty great for hosting, but it mightn't be a bad idea to put a mirror up as well on mega or something similar.

I've never seen dropbox go down. The only thing that makes DB links go down is people 'reorganizing' their dropbox (Ie: Arch) which fux it up.

Also it would be way too much of a pain to use a regular uploader like mediafire or whatever as a backup. No way, I'm not putting hours and hours of time into something optional, only critical stuff.

Edited by Klokinator

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx!

Incidentally, if anyone wants to contribute more screenshots, please do not take any more youtube screenshots. They're ugly. I'd rather have regular size screenshots for all animations. I have quality standards after all :(

Edited by Klokinator

3ySAPem.png
Better image of Halb 1.0

Baron animation is apparently borked and can be removed.
Necromancer + Female Summoner only contains Necromancer fix. However, it gives an error when trying to insert it.

Edited by Feaw

I don't know if I ever said this before, but I love the dedication and effort people put into some of these animations. Keep up the good work :D

(I love the T3 animations the most, so I can't wait to see more of them coming up)

Edited by Arden

Don't forget about the Bounty list! The more animations tackled on there, the more for the fandom!

Edit: Please note that I am going to be deleting posts 3 and 4. However, because I know everyone wants a community effort in this, and also because I can personally see the value in having both sorting types, I will be creating a new google doc for this forum, which will be publicly editable, and owned by me (So if someone wrecks the whole thing I just undo and fix the damage instantly). To this end, it would be great for the remaining animations to get screenshots taken ingame at the regular size, and replace the old crappy looking pictures too. I may end up just doing this myself, but the overall goal is simplification and streamlined-ness! As an added bonus, the doc can simply be posted in the FEU thread and then we have the best of both worlds!

I'm also doing this due to one of Lenh's suggestions, where she mentioned a table with sortable tabs. Now you'll be able to sort alphabetically by class name, animation name, type of animation, quality level, etc. It will also have helpful tags such as [broken] or whatever.

It might take me a day or two to complete it, but it will be done eventually and I may just end up leaving the first four posts alone and simply not updating them. (There won't really be a point once it's done since it'll be superior in every way)

Edited by Klokinator

Seeing everything organized like this really impressed upon me just how much this community's created. I was surprised by how many great animations had snuck by me in my relative absence (Griffon Knight looks sweet, hector colour edits look really sharp to me just to name a few). Stoked to see so many new things thrown into games.

Didn't sploder create an Erika Lance animation (to accompany Ephriam with swords).

Also, are the creators of the bow wyvern animations aware that they involve abrupt hand switching in them?

Big fan of the organization, and how it shows that we've created enough to have somewhat of an archive.

I haven't added download links to it yet, and still working on credits (Skitty has a ton of uncredited sprites, like wow biggest community contributor 2010 right there) but otherwise, this is the new community doc. It's editable by everyone, and I have admin power so if someone fucks it up I can just revert.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S26N_TU31ZrVX-9IYC9megjwlWy-tUArNvpGFi5Tg00/edit#gid=0

I'm not saying that we need one, but we totally need a sword and staff wielding maid. Foot unit that's a healer, but can still defend themselves if needed.

You can always use the troubadour. Well, I mean foot unit... might be a problem. But get a dancer/bard with a sword, and you've got a canon sword/staff unit.

Hey, just figured I'd let you know that the Phantom and Male Paladin with Magic and Staves links are both broken (they lead to a 404 error on dropbox). Also, the Archsage for FE8 link gives a download error.

But anyway, I'm really glad to see all this compiled here! It's really helpful with my hacking endeavors.

Also, is the Hawkzerker stuff supposed to have an unarmed and hand axe animation? Because when I downloaded it, all I got was the normal axe animation.

Edited by Orange Juice

Hawkzerker uses the regular generic berserker handaxe animation! As for the others....... I'll see if I can't reupload them myself. I was planning to get around to that eventually like Fuzz did.

I edited that link. I have downloads for the majority of these and I'll get around to them probably on monday. My work weekend is in full swing though and I never feel like doing personal projects on workdays.

Here's another Female Mercenary animation, but this time more Kawaii! Made by Russell Clark on deviantArt, who said it was free to use.

Fire%20Emblem_zpsyorgcexu.png

No permission required

Credit: Russell Clark for sprites/frames, Blue Druid for scripting.

Description: An alternative female mercenary animation. (map sprite sadly not included)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2xgxpdivuztuwv/Kawaii%20mercenary.zip?dl=1

Oooooooooooooooh Imightactuallyusethatone :O

I actually like the feminine look. I'll add it!

Incidentally, Ash3wl from FEU tried tackling the SerraGirl Fem!Merc in the bountylist, and apparently the palette is 20 flavors of fucked up, so I'm gonna remove it. It's apparently pretty crappy looking ingame. Too bad.

Edited by Klokinator

Haha I had a similar problem with Russell Clark's merc, where every single frame was more than 16 colours. Also, the one made by Serra girl is too similar to the one made by Blind Archer, so I see no reason to script it. The map sprite is good though.

Female shaman palette fix~
f9702d6e74df88d80cd943be2e9fe83c.png

[b]Female shaman palette edit, includes Marky's FE7 fix.[/b]
[img]http://i.gyazo.com/f9702d6e74df88d80cd943be2e9fe83c.png[/img]
Credit: MarkyJoe1990, Feaw
Description: Slight palette edit for the female shaman for a bit more freedom for the cloak's trimming. Includes a version for FE6+8, and a version for FE7.
[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ywn9riajepjt2d/FemShamanpaledit.zip?dl=0]Download[/url]
Edited by Feaw

Ah, so an edit of Marc's? I'll add it!

Edit: Starting today or tomorrow, I'll be downloading and uploading all animations on my own dropbox. I had Tang remove posts 3 and 4 since I'm going to use the google link as the 'type sorter' arrangement, while the OP and second post still sort by weapon types. I don't like having to update three things every time I add something.

So, give me a couple days and I'll try and fix it up.

Edited by Klokinator

Here's another Female Mercenary animation, but this time more Kawaii! Made by Russell Clark on deviantArt, who said it was free to use.

Fire%20Emblem_zpsyorgcexu.png

No permission required

Credit: Russell Clark for sprites/frames, Blue Druid for scripting.

Description: An alternative female mercenary animation. (map sprite sadly not included)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2xgxpdivuztuwv/Kawaii%20mercenary.zip?dl=1

There's also this female assassin with long hair that needs to be scripted, from Russell Clark.

http://russellclark.deviantart.com/art/FE-Female-Assassin-Spritesheet-425649410

Found this in his rather weird deviantart

There's also this female assassin with long hair that needs to be scripted, from Russell Clark.

http://russellclark.deviantart.com/art/FE-Female-Assassin-Spritesheet-425649410

We already have a female assasin, with ponytails though.

Found this in his rather weird deviantart

Tell me about it O_o

Edited by Blue Druid

An alternate palette for long non-ponytailed hair could be useful. Much like what Klok says; we have a ton of female mages, and not all female thieves/assassins would put their hair in a ponytail. Leila and Marisa come to mind.