Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

There is a special livestream to celebrate the release of Cipher on niconico starting tomorrow morning at 7am EST.

Link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv224380510

According to Kawade on Twitter, they will be having Lynn and Yusuke Kozaki as guests and discussing the remaining information surrounding Cipher that they were wanting to save until release. I imagine a good deal of this is stuff Japanese blogs have already covered and that we have since learned as well, but I'm hoping for some greater official clarification on rules and maybe a new card or two. I also hope they show a bit more of Series 2, though I imagine they'll want to focus on Series 1. It is the one being released after all!

Updates: Lynn and Yusuke Kozaki did a trial match on stage while each play was explained in depth. A lot of this is repeat information, but I've bolded the parts that might now have been known before.

First you place your Main Character with the marker card.
Then draw 6 cards for you hand (you can mulligan)
Then draw the top 5 cards for the Orb Area.
The game then starts and both opponents flip their Main Character.
Play starts after deciding order (flip coin, Rock paper scissors)
Start by going through the 5 phases of a turn
First is the Bond Phase, place one card from your hand as a bond card
Next is the Deployment Phase, you may deploy units in accordance with how many bonds you have.
Next is the Action Phase, decide whether your units will use actions skills or move, etc.
Next is the Battle Phase, for each attack declared, you resolve by placing the top card of the deck into the Support Area. Draw a new support card for each new battle.
Criticals are done while the attack is being resolved. You perform criticals after flipping the Support card for your attack. Same for God-speed Evasion
Once done, declare your turn over.

When an orb is destroyed as a result of battle, the loser draws one of their orbs into their hand.
In a tied attack power situation, the defender loses.
The person going first seems to have a great advantage.

They debuted new images that they are considering using for new sleeves and announced they will have sleeves for Lodestar Marth and Great Lord Chrom card designs. They let the niconico stream audience decide which one they liked best from the five available for Awakening and Shadow Dragon. Gaius won from Awakening and Tiki won from Shadow Dragon.

There will be a promotional Kamui card in Booster Boxes

Signed Grandmaster Robin; Crimson God of Death, Navarre; Warrior from a Grim Future, Lucina images

Images of Series 2 card art. Arther in the style of Codename Steam is also a thing.

Edited by Kirie
Request

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far they've started by generally going over what all comes in the Starter Deck package (playsheet, Main Character marker card, etc) and showing off the actual product packages for the starter decks. The cards look very thick, good quality. Now they've started the "Cipher Experience Report" which has people talking about their thoughts about Cipher at the demo events.

Untitled.png

They showed off a really cool looking Kamui promo card! Comes in the booster box.

Untitled3.png

They've shown off the card art for other Series 2 cards.

Untitled5.png

Untitled6.png

Untitled7.png

Untitled8.png

Edited by aubergine

Watched the whole thing. Was mostly them goofing around and opening card packs. Apparently there were 4 SR cards in the box, and they must have opened over 100 packs in order to get 4 "Signed" SR cards with the artist's signature in gold foil. I took some screencaps of these super rare cards:

Screenshot%2022_zpsepphbqab.png

Screenshot%2028_zpsk4b1wml9.png

Screenshot%2030_zpsebs1nzsu.png

Screenshot%2039_zpsjqy6zv4k.png

Screenshot%2042_zpsrvuwfnrj.png

And the text from the Kamui card:

常 このユニットは(青)としてもあつかう、(常はこのカードがユニットとして戦場にいる間だけ有効になる)
常 自分のターン中、自分の(赤)の絆カードが2枚以上の場合、このユニットの戦闘力は+10される。
自 自分の攻撃ユニットが(黄)の場合、戦闘終了まで、そのユニットが攻撃で破壊するオーブは2つになる。
Quick trans;
Permanent. This unit can also be treated as a BLUE card (only when it is on the field)
Permanent. During your turn, if you have more than 2 RED bond cards, this card receives +10 ATK.
Automatic. If your attacking unit is YELLOW, that unit will destroy two orbs when defeating a lord until the end of the turn.

So who knows if this card is out of the ordinary for the next set or many will be similar, but it is definitely encouraging mixed color decks.
Otherwise not much news, they provided a link for viewers in Japan to enter a raffle where they can receive those 4 signed SR cards that came out of the boosters during the filming.
Edited by audiotronica

Watched the whole thing. Was mostly them goofing around and opening card packs. Apparently there were 4 SR cards in the box, and they must have opened at least 60 packs in order to get 4 "Signed" SR cards with the artist's signature in gold foil. I took some screencaps of these super rare cards:

Screenshot%2022_zpsepphbqab.png

Screenshot%2028_zpsk4b1wml9.png

Screenshot%2030_zpsebs1nzsu.png

Screenshot%2039_zpsjqy6zv4k.png

Screenshot%2042_zpsrvuwfnrj.png

And the text from the Kamui card:

常 このユニットは(青)としてもあつかう、(常はこのカードがユニットとして戦場にいる間だけ有効になる)
常 自分のターン中、自分の(赤)の絆カードが2枚以上の場合、このユニットの戦闘力は+10される。
自 自分の攻撃ユニットが(黄)の場合、戦闘終了まで、そのユニットが攻撃で破壊するオーブは2つになる。
Quick trans;
Permanent. This unit can also be treated as a BLUE card (only when it is on the field)
Permanent. During your turn, if you have more than 2 RED bond cards, this card receives +10 ATK.
Automatic. If your attacking unit is YELLOW, that unit will destroy two orbs when defeating a lord until the end of the turn.

So who knows if this card is out of the ordinary for the next set or many will be similar, but it is definitely encouraging mixed color decks.
Otherwise not much news, they provided a link for viewers in Japan to enter a raffle where they can receive those 4 signed SR cards that came out of the boosters during the filming.

Thanks for the images and the text for the Kamui card!

I'm thinking the Kamui card was made to operate like that so that he could be usable immediately alongside all the Series 1 cards. I don't think the future Series 2 cards will play quite as nice with the Red and Blue cards. In fact, I can't quite read the Card ID of the card from what they showed on stream, but he might be technically considered a Series 1 Promo card. It would be cool though if multi-color decks were more viable.

Thanks for the information and pictures : D

Arthur is indeed amazing and I want those gold foil cards, haha.

I guess I should be patient in case there's a gold foil Olivia or something.

Thanks for the images and the text for the Kamui card!

I'm thinking the Kamui card was made to operate like that so that he could be usable immediately alongside all the Series 1 cards. I don't think the future Series 2 cards will play quite as nice with the Red and Blue cards. In fact, I can't quite read the Card ID of the card from what they showed on stream, but he might be technically considered a Series 1 Promo card. It would be cool though if multi-color decks were more viable.

That's what I was thinking as well. Looking at the card it didn't seem very finished, and maybe even rushed. They used stock illustration from If on a white background. Cool to see the new card layout though :)

Thanks for the information and pictures : D

Arthur is indeed amazing and I want those gold foil cards, haha.

I guess I should be patient in case there's a gold foil Olivia or something.

We aren't sure what all the signed cards will be. They are actually the voice actor signatures, as opposed to the artist's signatures. Either way, they look amazing.

Wow, those signeds look amazing!

So is it safe to assume that there'll be 4 SR per box? That's actually relatively nice.

They only opened one box (the others were random packs) on the show, but people are thinking that 4 SRs a box will be regular. We'll find out in a few days. When I checked the reserve list at my game shop, one guy reserved 6 boxes :o

Ohman, those S2 cards look amazing. So glad I went ahead and got a box of that already too. >_>

The VA signature cards are also really cool! I think it's a really neat mechanic to add a unique, super-rare thing that's totally separate from playing mechanics so you don't end up with super OP decks that need really expensive cards to function. And they just look sharp. :3 I wonder what the aftermarket price is going to look like for those.

So I didn't watch the stream but apparently there was some good info shown? For each booster box, there's a guaranteed 4 Super Rares? Does that mean at least 4 or only 4 at the most? What are the rates of each card(i.e 1/10 chance of a SR or something), and some SRs have a chance of being signed as well? I'd love some clarification on that.

From what it sounds like, it's a fixed 4 SR per box. Dunno how the signed cards will work towards that ratio (for comparison, Vanguard's SP used to count towards a RRR, but now it replaces a R, and R is WAY easier to pull than RRR).

Also, thanks for the info and pictures! That Arthur looks magnificent.

From what it sounds like, it's a fixed 4 SR per box. Dunno how the signed cards will work towards that ratio (for comparison, Vanguard's SP used to count towards a RRR, but now it replaces a R, and R is WAY easier to pull than RRR).

Also, thanks for the info and pictures! That Arthur looks magnificent.

A fixed 4 SR per box eh? It would suck if you pull 4 of the same though, there's 12 total I believe so you can get a third of all the super rares from one box. I wonder if you can get more on top of the fixed ones though, that'd be exciting.

A fixed 4 SR per box eh? It would suck if you pull 4 of the same though, there's 12 total I believe so you can get a third of all the super rares from one box. I wonder if you can get more on top of the fixed ones though, that'd be exciting.

On the broadcast they opened one sealed box and then all of its packs (16), and got 4 different SR cards and no signed cards. Even the guests seemed kind of surprised that they were that rare.

After that, the producer brought out a big cardboard box that was just filled with loose boosters, and they kept opening them. As I said they must have opened over 100 loose packs, probably the equivalent of 7-8 boxes, and by the end only got 4 signed cards.

It seems 2 FE boxes should net you 8 SR cards, with 1 of those being signed. From a fresh box 1/4 chance for SR, and 1/32 chance for it to be a signed SR. (I am awful at math so please tell me if that is wrong)

Edited by audiotronica

On the broadcast they opened one sealed box and then all of its packs (16), and got 4 different SR cards and no signed cards. Even the guests seemed kind of surprised that they were that rare.

After that, the producer brought out a big cardboard box that was just filled with loose boosters, and they kept opening them. As I said they must have opened over 100 loose packs, probably the equivalent of 7-8 boxes, and by the end only got 4 signed cards.

It seems 2 FE boxes should net you 8 SR cards, with 1 of those being signed. From a fresh box 1/4 chance for SR, and 1/32 chance for it to be a signed SR. (I am awful at math so please tell me if that is wrong)

Out of 160 cards in a box only 4 SRs seems crazy. But at least it's guaranteed SRs. Hopefully I can pull a Tharja and Tiki, those are really cool.

Out of 160 cards in a box only 4 SRs seems crazy. But at least it's guaranteed SRs. Hopefully I can pull a Tharja and Tiki, those are really cool.

You've mentioned you don't really play/know much about TCGs and it really shows, lol.

Those odds are pretty good (if it turns out to be the standard anyway, it's possible their box was lucky), usually the highest rarity in a card game has ridiculous odds, so 1 in 4 is really good.

Lol, that's highly unlikely, and honestly, but it actually wouldn't suck if it's an SR you need/could use a playset of.

audiotronica, do you know how many Ns and HNs we get per pack?

Edited by CloudLink

I confused SR with this. There's gotta be a better way of referring to them!

That is an SR card!

Yeah the thing I want to know is the compossition of the packs. I'd be nice if it was like 5 commons, 3 uncommons, 2 rares with one being the chance of a super rare, but we don't know yet.

I couldn't really tell from the video what the pack composition was, but I'm planning to do an unboxing video on Thursday so hopefully we can understand a bit more then :Roy:

Draw a new support card for each new battle.

Criticals are done while the attack is being resolved. You perform criticals after flipping the Support card for your attack. Same for God-speed Evasion

Now, just to clarify, since that wording is somewhat confusing, the support card still goes to the retreat area, correct?

And as for the order of when one can perform criticals/evasion, it goes support, then critical chance, then evasion chance, correct? Since if evasion and critical are at the same time, it would be kinda maddening, wouldn't it?

Draw a new support card for each new battle.

Now, just to clarify, since that wording is somewhat confusing, the support card still goes to the retreat area, correct?

And as for the order of when one can perform criticals/evasion, it goes support, then critical chance, then evasion chance, correct? Since if evasion and critical are at the same time, it would be kinda maddening, wouldn't it?

Ah, sorry for the weird wording.

Support Cards are always discarded after resolving an attack.

Criticals are done before evasions, yes.

Would it be helpful if I recorded this and reuploaded it to YouTube? I can timeshift the broadcast and record it, it'll just take a couple hours to record, export and upload.

Yeah, that'd be a good resource to have access to if possible!

When an orb is destroyed as a result of battle, the loser draws one of their orbs into their hand.

In a tied attack power situation, the defender loses.

Thanks! I literally was just about to ask regarding that. The last I had seen regarding that was way back from Dengeki report from the first stream and it was my own translation, which I don't trust very much.... Glad to see it's confirmed :) And thank you again for all the report!

I definitively would love seeing the stream too.

Done! The audio desynchs at several different points in different directions when they show off promos but it's so late in the video most people won't watch and I've spent enough time staring into an abyssal editor. That website I promised is also up, the video is hosted near the center-top of the page, I took the liberty of translating and summarizing several sections: http://fireemblemcipher.blogspot.com/2015/06/news-fire-emblem-cipher-prerelease.html