Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a reveal! Fin gets an R+ (thank the lord), Arden actually looks cool, Mahnya gets a card (a cost 1 at that, meaning she'll probably get another one too), Shura and Arete get cards, and we get to see some Blazing Swords cards (and boy do they look great)!

But I'm a bit surprised; Xander's SR+ doesn't have alternate art? That goes against the trend they set with + cards just last set... hmm, maybe it's just a placeholder for now though.

Yeah, I'm wondering if they're specifically not doing that one (and the other cards in that set) as alt. arts for the +s specifically because of that giant card collage. They'll still doing alt. arts generally, though, as Garon and Finn show.

So with these reveals every playable Fates character except for Izana and Yukimura have cards.

I wonder if we'll get them in this set or if they'll be saved for S7. I guess they both fit Hoshido class/styling theme, just like how Scarlet and Shura match more to Nohr, so probably S7.

I think for practical reasons they should be S7 cards. Mikoto and Sumeragi can be the White equivalents of Garon and Arete, but there's no real Hans/Iago type to take those slots.

I think for practical reasons they should be S7 cards. Mikoto and Sumeragi can be the White equivalents of Garon and Arete, but there's no real Hans/Iago type to take those slots.

They'll use Izana and Yukimura probably. Because, y'know, Hoshido has ~no villians~. They could use Kotaro, though.

There are more missing Hoshidan playable characters than Nohrian playable characters, so they can take up the 'slots' occupied by NPCs. I think that it will be something like:

S6: Garon, Arete, Iago, Hans, Zola, Shura, Anankos

S7: Sumeragi, Mikoto, Yukimura, Fuga, Izana, Scarlet, Lilith

Of course though, there could be characters like Gunter in this set throwing off the balance. I mean if Kozaki's King Chrom sketch can get it's own card, it's certainly possible Young Gunter could show up.

Of course though, there could be characters like Gunter in this set throwing off the balance. I mean if Kozaki's King Chrom sketch can get it's own card, it's certainly possible Young Gunter could show up.

Isn't Chrom technically a King after the timeskip in Awakening? If that's just supposed to be a Coronation Ceremony that could very well be just mid-game content. I really hope it is some sort of epilogue though... It could be some sort of tie-in for the announcement of an Awakening Sequel. There are usually 2-3 years between every FE game and it'd be well on time.

The FECipher site has confirmed that the S6 pre-release livestream will be at the usual time on Saturday, September 24th. Mark your calendar and bookmark the NicoNico link!

As always, I'll be here to summarize and cap the event for posterity and for anyone who cannot attend live. Like most pre-release livestreams, it'll have a focus on showing remaining cards from S6, with a focus on +/signed cards, though we'll likely get some S7/S8 art and maybe some other interesting tidbits. So far, Kawade and Young are the only confirmed hosts.

Hmm, no Tsutomu Kitanishi again.

Yeah, I rather missed him during the last stream. I wonder if he's busy, or if he's just being replaced by Young in the streams. I guess they both kind of fill the comic relief role.

Isn't Chrom technically a King after the timeskip in Awakening? If that's just supposed to be a Coronation Ceremony that could very well be just mid-game content. I really hope it is some sort of epilogue though... It could be some sort of tie-in for the announcement of an Awakening Sequel. There are usually 2-3 years between every FE game and it'd be well on time.

Chrom's coronation ceremony happened after Grima was defeated at the end of Awakening. This is mentioned in all of Chrom's endings, and while he was provisionally the new Exalt upon Emmeryn's fall, Chrom was only officially welcomed as Ylisse's Exalt after the war was over. Chrom's attire in Kozaki's sketches (his first one was from November 2015, preceding the other one that showed up in the Cipher livestream) is supposed to be how Chrom appears around this point in time.

• 3 weeks later...

The guest list for the upcoming stream has now been updated on the FECipher website. Ryota Kawade and Young are representatives from IS; it seems like Young might be replacing Kitanishi after all, either permanently or at least semi-long-term. We also have 3 guests: Eri Suzuki (Soleil's Japanese VA) and Riko Wakana (Felicia Cosplayer) will be joining again, and they'll also have Masato Kouda, who was one of the composers for the Fates soundtrack and has done other video game work as well it seems. Also 2 "Cavaliers": Red: Hiroki Morishita and Green: Takeru Kanazaki. (OST Composers).

EDIT: Both Cavs, 森下弘生 (red) and 金﨑猛 (Green) are apparently more Fates composers, but I'm not sure if I trust the Google romanizations. If anyone knows how to properly romanize their names, that would be useful.

Edited by Kirie

• 2 weeks later...

Yay for Livestreams! The full album of my screenshots can be seen here, though I plan on going back and grabbing some better shots of a few cards later. Here's my summary, as best as I understood everything:

Hosts: Ryota Kawade 川出亮太 (Cipher Producer), Young ヤング (IS), and Eri Suzuki 鈴木絵理 (Soleil's Japanese VA)

Guests: Riko Wakana 若菜莉子 (Felicia Cosplayer), Masato Kouda 甲田雅人 (Fates OST Composer), Red Cav: Hiroki Morishita 森下弘生 (Fates OST Composer), and Green Cav: Takeru Kanazaki 金﨑猛 (Fates OST Composer).

Introduction of the hosts and showing off of the magazine promos (Sigurd and Ayra), Guidebook promo, and art from the Tellius Recollection RD book. Opening up the ST Deck! Showing off the poster and discussion of upcoming tournament events, then a commercial as they swapped over to the pack opening room where they are joined by Riko Wakana dressed as Felicia and also Morishita and Kanazaki and later Kouda. Many cards are opened, some shown off, and Kouda plays a bit on his toy piano. We also see a video of Young visiting a local card shop.

Card Highlights:

• All 4 Nohrian Royals get signed cards
  • Sigurd SR+ and Deirdre SR+ have joined art cards
  • Last FE4 SR confirmed to be Lewyn
  • Last Fates SR purposefully hidden
  • Possessed Takumi card

We were also shared some more art for the upcoming S7 and S8 sets! More Cipher Sai dates were announced for February of 2017, as well as a Cipher appearance at Comiket91! There were some other texts shown (possibly other events?); I screencapped the text and it's in the album if anyone wants to let me know what's going on with it. And that's all for today's livestream!

I thought the Takumi card was the last fates SR.

Edit. NM, looked at the cards border, definitely isn't it (doesn't have the SR frame).

Thanks for all the caps, did you happen to catch the one commercial in the beginning where they show all the cards in the background? They did a second commercial and Kizuna got the capture for that one (the one showing off Ema in the background).

Edited by Draxal

Someone pulled the SR and showed it to Kawade and he purposefully hid it instead of showing it to the audience. So, yeah, they're hiding it until release, like they did with the Emperor Hardin SR from S4 (except a bit better; we did get a very quick shot of the Hardin SR during that stream).

• 3 weeks later...

The autumn livestream was just announced today! It'll be held at the usual time on November 5th, with Kawade and Young as the listed hosts (no guests announced yet). For more information and a link to the niconico URL, here is the official event page. As a seasonal livestream, we can expect to see several new cards for S7, more art for S8, and the announcement for S9. We may also get some merchandise information for the upcoming Comiket91 booth at the end of December.

Unfortunately, I will be in the hospital on this day, so I will be unable to provide my usual caps/summary. Hopefully someone else here can share images; otherwise, if all else fails, there's always Kizuna.

• 3 weeks later...

Guest information for the Autumn Livestream was just revealed! In addition to Kawade and Young, we will see a return by Kotaro Yamada (FE6 manga artist; likely is doing more art for FE7 in S7) and also be joined by Juri Kimura (Mozu & Nyx VA) and Kaori Nazuka (Hinoka VA).

Guest information for the Autumn Livestream was just revealed! In addition to Kawade and Young, we will see a return by Kotaro Yamada (FE6 manga artist; likely is doing more art for FE7 in S7) and also be joined by Juri Kimura (Mozu & Nyx VA) and Kaori Nazuka (Hinoka VA).

Well, Kotaro's Art is something that I expected.

Mozu is popular un Japan? Because otherwise I don't understand why they invited Kimura.

Well, Kotaro's Art is something that I expected.

Mozu is popular un Japan? Because otherwise I don't understand why they invited Kimura.

Neither Mozu nor Nyz seem to be all that popular, but then Midori isn't either and we've seen her VA twice now. It may be be a matter of scheduling and who is willing to come.