Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, those are the trio of gen 2 mage sisters who serve the role of the "triangle attacking enemies" for said gen. Though, while they don't appear in the Choose Your Legends event and while their names are most commonly rendered as what LC42 mentioned, I think that it should be noted that their Japanese names are corruptions of the names Banba, Fodla and Eriu respectively. And names for plenty of the FE4 characters that did appear in the CYL event were rendered as the "proper" English names of the mythological figures that they are named after.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Dang... thats a really scary chaos infected Ike. Really interesting tho. I dont ever remember RD Ike being chaos infected by the medallion in Radiant Dawn unless i missed something in the story. If it didnt happen, then I guess there'll start to be a trend of evil versions of the past good characters. Maybe this means risen sheperds... (a man can dream.)

Having evil heroes isn't new, Series 8 had Risen King Chrom. 

B08-002SR_SAMPLE.png

I'm glad they do this with the lords, because having so many versions of the same character just gets so boring after awhile. 

On second examination, it seems that Oifey's first shown artwork (i.e. the older one) is from his series 8 card.

33 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

It bothers me more than it should that the Summer Corrin card is considered Hoshidan, when the outfit was originally for the Nohrian Summer banner.

Maybe they heard the complaints about the lack of seasonal Hoshidan characters and decided to treat Corrin as one?

• 1 month later...

The Winter Livestream has now been announced! It will air on Saturday, the 17th of February, and will feature Yuuki Kuwahara (voice actress for Effie and Ophelia in Fates) as a guest.

Links and details can be found on the official site here.

Edited by Kirie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The livestream has come to a close! You can see my screencaps in my imgur album here.

Hosts & Guests: Ryota Kawade (Cipher Producer), Young (Intelligent System), Yuuki Kuwahara (VA for Effie and Ophelia), and Kana Asumi (VA for Lissa)

Kawade, Young, and Yuuki were all present when the stream began. Young presented Yuuki with some Cipher cards for Effie and Ophelia. Kawade showed off the CD and artbook from Comiket and revealed some art and cards for the next Cipher mascot (name currently unknown, something like Neve). They also showed off some other new and upcoming merchandise, including the next Arrangement CD and the Heroes mini figures.

Shortly after, they began to reveal some new cards for S12. All of the cards earlier this week were shown off, as were many other new cards. Some highlights include: new SRs for Ike and Eldigan, Chrom and Naga joined-art R+ cards, and many cards for new characters who have yet to appear in Cipher yet.

After the card showcase, Kana joined in the stream. She was also presented with some Lissa cards, and everyone chatted and had some cake. Kawade also showed off a new Lissa card from the set. Afterwards, they started playing a game of some kind, which resulted in showing off a new Lissa SR and signed SR+ card from the set as well.

Discussion then turned to the upcoming Cipher Sai events in Japan. Kawade showed off some of the merchandise in person. They also played another game developed by Young, Ton Ton Card Game. Yuuki was the final winner! Afterward, Kawade revealed a large version of the Lissa SR+ card and they all had fun reading from, and showing off, postcards from fans. Kana left shortly after.

Towards the end of the stream, Kawade revealed the title and release date for S13, which features Blazing Blade, Shadow Dragon, and Heroes. FE7 was also revealed to be getting a new Structured Deck along with this set. We also got our first look at some of the art in the set: Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Karla, and Sonia in FE7; Marth, Caeda, and Horace in FE11; and Sharena, Fjorm, and Laevatein in Heroes. We also learned the "keyword" for S14, the Japanese word "Mugen" which translates to something like unlimited or infinity.

And with that, the stream comes to a close. Ichi Ni Cipher! Kawade and Young will be back for the pre-release livestream, which will likely by on 17 March, the Saturday before the set reelase.

So what role is Neve/Nieve/Naimh supposed to serve, exactly? Seems to be just a sword lady so far, and I already understand that to be Yuzu's "role" among the Cipher mascots. I guess she looks a little bit more sinister, but...

So we have:

Flying unit: Emma

Tome/Staff unit: Shade

Ground unit: Yuzu

Horseback unit: Randall

(Mounted) Staff unit: Alice

Armor unit: Valjean

???: Neve

Also: What could this "Mugen" be representing? Are they gonna showcase a new game?

Edited by Jayvee94

The S12 pre-release stream has been confirmed for 17 March! Our two known guests so far are Hibiku Yamamura (VA for Rinea and Shade) and Minami Takahashi (VA for Peri and Alice).

• 2 weeks later...

Illustrator Kurosawa Tetsu will also be joining the pre-release on the 17th! They're apparently a Cipher player as well as an artist, so that's pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an album of all my caps for anyone interested! I'll work on getting stuff added to the individual threads shortly.

The stream starts off decorated for spring! Our Kawade, Young, Minami, and Hibiku greet the audience and introduce themselves. The show off some of the merch that will be available at the upcoming Flower of Enchantment concert. Next up, Kawade opens a booster box to show off some promos, and then opens a single pack to show off a few cards. They then spent some time discussing upcoming tournament/play events and show off the S12 tournament promos.

Shortly after, the pack opening begins! New card highlights include: Black Knight SR, signed Mist SR+, signed Soren R+, signed Lachesis SR+, and R cards for Astrid and Nanna.

They take a break in the middle to show a match between Young and another Cipher player. After some more pack opening, Kurosawa joins the group! He shows off some new art for S13 that he drew of Linde. They show a few more matches and Kurosawa shows off some art of Lissa and Makalov that he drew while the videos were showing. The hosts have some fun playing a few guessing games, enjoying strawberries, and playing some Ton Ton Card Game.

Towards the end of the stream, they also showed off some art from the upcoming S13 this June. Still no news regarding S14 though. We also didn't get to see the regular art of SR Micaiah, nor the "secret" +X card of this set (assuming there is one). And that's the stream!

On 17/3/2018 at 7:29 AM, Kirie said:

Here is an album of all my caps for anyone interested! I'll work on getting stuff added to the individual threads shortly.

The stream starts off decorated for spring! Our Kawade, Young, Minami, and Hibiku greet the audience and introduce themselves. The show off some of the merch that will be available at the upcoming Flower of Enchantment concert. Next up, Kawade opens a booster box to show off some promos, and then opens a single pack to show off a few cards. They then spent some time discussing upcoming tournament/play events and show off the S12 tournament promos.

Shortly after, the pack opening begins! New card highlights include: Black Knight SR, signed Mist SR+, signed Soren R+, signed Lachesis SR+, and R cards for Astrid and Nanna.

They take a break in the middle to show a match between Young and another Cipher player. After some more pack opening, Kurosawa joins the group! He shows off some new art for S13 that he drew of Linde. They show a few more matches and Kurosawa shows off some art of Lissa and Makalov that he drew while the videos were showing. The hosts have some fun playing a few guessing games, enjoying strawberries, and playing some Ton Ton Card Game.

Towards the end of the stream, they also showed off some art from the upcoming S13 this June. Still no news regarding S14 though. We also didn't get to see the regular art of SR Micaiah, nor the "secret" +X card of this set (assuming there is one). And that's the stream!

Aww... It seems they are saving Micaiah to be revealed this week instead, oh well.

I... I had forgot that Ike received two SR cards in the same set... Now Ike is the character with the highest amount of SRs (4) in the series... Well... I shouldn't be surprised, he is Ike after all.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ksmith2282 said:

Wow this is almost here.  Still curious if the new set will be from the next game or not.  But I guess they'd need to actually show that off first...

Yep, less than two weeks now! If S14 is indeed based on FE16, either we'll be hearing some news about the game before then, or we're still going to be in the dark regarding S14.

That said, the closer we get to the stream, the less likely I think it is that S14 will be based on FE Switch, as the timing seems awfully close. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out, hopefully on the 26th.

3 hours ago, Kirie said:

Yep, less than two weeks now! If S14 is indeed based on FE16, either we'll be hearing some news about the game before then, or we're still going to be in the dark regarding S14.

That said, the closer we get to the stream, the less likely I think it is that S14 will be based on FE Switch, as the timing seems awfully close. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out, hopefully on the 26th.

Yeah I feel the same way.  It's still possible they could do some kind of surprise Nintendo Direct (most likely a Fire Emblem specific one), but waiting this long I really just wonder if they'll blow the game out at E3 instead, which of course would be slightly too late for this livestream.  

So yeah, excited to see either way I guess!