Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

This topic was put together to document the skills found within Fire Emblem If. For convience, I'm dividing the skills into two categories.

a. Personal Skills

b. Class Skills

Each set will be further be divided

Personal Skills

a. Characters recruited on both paths

b. Hoshido exclusive characters

c. Nohr exclusive characters

Class Skills

a. Hoshido classes

b. Nohr classes

On the subject of Personal Skills, following recommendations on the board, I will show the rough translation of the skill and it's effect, but the name of the character with that skill will be spoilered. Also note that where it is relevant, I'll be using the English names of the characters, classes, etc.

When the players find the skills for any of them, please follow these guidelines.

a. For Personal Skills, be sure that the character and their skill are in spoiler tags. Some characters may end up being major spoilers, so I'm aiming to ensure no one accidentally spoils themselves on the game.

b. For Class Skills, make sure to list the level the skills are learned. Note that it isn't necessary to place this in spoiler tags, unless you feel the class or skill alone is a major spoiler.

For those reading the topic, be aware of the potential of spoiler!

This should be everything overall. I put it into the format I intended, and placed in the information that is already publicly available on the website. If anyone has any suggestions to improve the format, don't hesitate to speak up.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class Skills

Hoshido/Nohr classes

Nohr Prince

Maid/Butler

Note: As you have a Maid or Butler join you regardless of route, I'm including it here.

Hoshido Basic Classes

Samurai

Lv. 10- Vantage- When user's HP >50%, attack first in battle

Oni Savage

Lance Fighter

Spellcastor

Priest/Priestess

Pegasus Warrior

Bowman

Ninja

Fox Spirit

Villager

Hoshido Promoted Classes

White Blood

Trueblade

Weapon Master

Shura

Blacksmith

Holy Lancer

Basara

Exorcist

Mountain Priest

War Priestess

Falcon Warrior

Golden-Kite Warrior

Holy Bowman

Puppeteer

Elite Ninja

Nine-tailed Fox

Nohr Basic Classes

Cavalier

Knight

Fighter

Mercenary

Outlaw

Wyvern Rider

Dark Mage

Rod Knight

Garou

Nohr Promoted Classes

Dark Blood

Paladin

Great Knight

General

Berserker

Great Hero

Bow Knight

Adventurer

Wyvern Lord

Revenant Knight

Sorceror

Dark Knight

Strategist

Managarm

Enemy-only Classes

Faceless

Personal Skills
Hoshido/Nohr Characters

Mysterious Charm
When acting as a support unit (in the back), if the support rank is C or above, Hit Rate +10, Damage +2, and Damage received -2

Miraculous Save
When acting as a support unit, chance to protect ally from lethal attacks

Kaze

Hoshido characters

???
Allies in a 2-tile radius, Damage received -2

Sakura

Tomboy
When the user's attack defeats an enemy, all adjacent enemies have their HP lowered by 20% of their max HP.

Hana

Hoshidan Capture
If "My Castle" has a prison, use this command to send a generic unit to jail.

Orochi

Perfectionist
When HP is full, Hit Rate/Avoid +15

Subaki

Gratitude
When this unit is healed by a staff user, that person is healed by the same amount of HP.

Nishiki

Arrogance
When the unit's level is below the enemy's (promoted units count as level +20), Damage +4

Tsukuyomi

Nohr-hater
When facing a Nohr-related enemy, Damage +3

Oboro

Nohr characters

Superpower
When Strength is 5+ greater than the enemy, Damage +3

Effie

Unlucky Soul
Enemies in 2-tile radius, Critical Evade -15, while for user, Critical Evade -10

Arthur

Ambush Duty
When attacking an enemy who can't counterattack, Damage +4

Belka

Competitive
When acting as a support unit, if the main unit lands a critical hit, 100% critical hit rate (assuming the attack hits)

Luna

Blood Boil
When attacking with a forged weapon with a name at least 8 kanji long, Critial hit rate +10

Odin

Azure Dance
When used as a command, Strength and Speed +1 to allies in a 2-tile radius

Lazward

Killer Instinct
When user defeats an enemy, Strength, Magic, Skill and Speed +4 for one turn

Pieri

Nohrian Restraint
If "My Castle" has a prison, use this command to send a generic unit to jail.

Zero

Woman's True Nature
When facing a female enemy, Damage +4 and Critial Hit rate +20

Charlotte

Intimidate
Enemies in 2-tile radius, Avoid -10

Benoit

[spoiler=Nohr Class Skills]Cavalier: Outdoor Fighter (seen on Gunter)

Rod Knight: Resistance +2/male version of Demoiselle (seen on Jakob)/Demoiselle (female, can be implied from Jakob and FE13)

Source

[spoiler=Nohr Class Skills]Cavalier: Outdoor Fighter (seen on Gunter)

Rod Knight: Resistance +2/male version of Demoiselle (seen on Jakob)/Demoiselle (female, can be implied from Jakob and FE13)

Source

Thanks for pointing out the class abilities, but I'll refrain from updating the list on class skills until we can verify the levels they're gained.

[spoiler=Potential spoiler for other people]Due to second seals not existing, having set class skills being obtained at a specific level is no longer a thing.

Source (it's at the very bottom of the page)

Edited by Sakusa

You might want to make a section for potential enemy only skills. The Faceless and the Faceless Boss in the Day 2 treehouse video at E3 each had two different skills that seemed to work a little like Hana's Tomboy except without needing to defeat a unit(the regular Faceless effected their target where the Boss's was the target and adjacent units).

Edited by arvilino

[spoiler=Potential spoiler for other people]Due to second seals not existing, having set class skills being obtained at a specific level is no longer a thing.

I wasn't aware of that. Still, I'd prefer to wait until people have their hands on the game before going over the specifics.

You might want to make a section for potential enemy only skills. The Faceless and the Faceless Boss in the Day 2 treehouse video at E3 each had two different skills that seemed to work a little like Hana's Tomboy except without needing to defeat a unit(the regular Faceless effected their target where the Boss's was the target and adjacent units).

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll make the section under class skills (and will do something similar for personal skills if the need arises)

[spoiler=Class Skill]Songstress: Luck +4

Faceless: Snake Poison - reduce HP of adjacent enemy by 20%

I'm watching a Chinese stream right now, so I can't really source it.

Edited by Sakusa

so what does that mean if I use a parallel seal on a level 20 base class?

Edited by Captain Karnage

so what does that mean if I use a parallel seal on a level 20 base class?

I imagine you get their LV1 skill but can't get their LV10.

I imagine you get their LV1 skill but can't get their LV10.

I'm not sure if you can even get the LV1. It also depends on if 20 is the level cap for base classes or not. We've seen a LV40 Felicia, who is most certainly promoted, but we have no information on base classes.

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct or been discussed, but there are new seals that may allow for additional skill grabbing.

Marriage Seal - Class-change to one of your S Rank partner's classes without altering Level.

Buddy Seal - Class-change to one of your A+ Rank partner's classes without altering Level.

Eternal Seal - When at max Level, adds 5 max Levels (cannot be used on non-promoted units)

Child Seal - これを持っていた者限定、成長した上級兵種に

(Change to a promoted class exclusive to that character?)

To add to that, via My Castle battles, you can buy one(?) skill from the guest characters and teach it to the character with the same name.

Eternal Seal makes it seem like hitting max caps might be a thing again, depending on availability.

Could that explain the Level 40 Felicia we saw in a Mycastle video prior? 4 Eternal Seals were used on her?

Edit: OooOOOo Skills! Breaking Sky seems like it'd be really good against bosses or on higher difficulties with the inflated stats.

Edited by Vineron

My progress so far

Gonna check the other game files now.

Nice! Thanks for your hard work =)

Puppet Break seems... Really situational. Like, it works on one Hoshido class, what I assume to be their version of Sacred Stones' Phantom and one monster we've only seen in My Castle... I bet it's either Puppeteer class skill too or personal skill of a playable Puppeteer

The Nohr skill looks awesome!

I see Counter has been buffed. Wasn't it halved damage before?

Edited by Sylphid

All the skill icons, names and descriptions have been dumped already, so there's no need to play the game to decipher the skills, except to clarify any vague parts : o

I've also found the bytes that determine which classes learn what skills, but I dunno at what Level. So we'd need info on that part too.

EDIT

Nah, I guess any information would be helpful all the same. Just don't go too crazy and enjoy the game too XD

Edited by VincentASM

All the skill icons, names and descriptions have been dumped already, so there's no need to play the game to decipher the skills, except to clarify any vague parts : o

I've also found the bytes that determine which classes learn what skills, but I dunno at what Level. So we'd need info on that part too.

EDIT

Nah, I guess any information would be helpful all the same. Just don't go too crazy and enjoy the game too XD

Is Aether still ingame ?