Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct or been discussed, but there are new seals that may allow for additional skill grabbing.

Marriage Seal - Class-change to one of your S Rank partner's classes without altering Level.

Buddy Seal - Class-change to one of your A+ Rank partner's classes without altering Level.

Eternal Seal - When at max Level, adds 5 max Levels (cannot be used on non-promoted units)

Child Seal - これを持っていた者限定、成長した上級兵種に

(Change to a promoted class exclusive to that character?)

To add to that, via My Castle battles, you can buy one(?) skill from the guest characters and teach it to the character with the same name.

If that's true, doesn't that mean that (with enough dedication) you can get basically any class skill combination on any unit? E.g.

1) Create new file.

2) In new file, have Character X marry a partner that has the needed class (use Kamui if needed).

3) Use a Marriage Seal to get the skill on Character X.

4) Streetpass that file and buy the skill for your main file's Character X.

5) Repeat ad nauseum

Is that accurate?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Counter has been buffed. Wasn't it halved damage before?

Nope. Full damage since Awakening.

Which results in the stupid situation of Warriors suiciding against characters that can ORKO them, frequently KOing themselves because of counter.

Nope. Full damage since Awakening.

Which results in the stupid situation of Warriors suiciding against characters that can ORKO them, frequently KOing themselves because of counter.

Oh. Guess I just showed how rarely I used Warriors or Counter then.

Would you think it would exclusive to Ike this time, where is should be?

If it is i would not mind that, but to be honest, by that logic, astra should be locked to issacian royals only, you could even make a case for Luna being issacian locked too. Him having the skill nearly (Greil i think can get it with hacking) to himself is not quite enough precedent for it to be ike exclusive,

All the skill icons, names and descriptions have been dumped already, so there's no need to play the game to decipher the skills, except to clarify any vague parts : o

I've also found the bytes that determine which classes learn what skills, but I dunno at what Level. So we'd need info on that part too.

EDIT

Nah, I guess any information would be helpful all the same. Just don't go too crazy and enjoy the game too XD

Would be kind of difficult to enjoy the game when I don't have it. The 7+ months wait until the game comes out in America is going to be painful.

Knowing all of the skills, and what classes know them is helpful, though yeah, if anyone can post the levels said skills occur, it'll only help.

So many skills XD

So many nerfs too. Galeforce can't trigger if you use Attack or Guard Stance.

Aptitude only boosts growths by 10%.

Okay, some skills may have got buffed, but I don't remember.

Just went past the halfway mark. Maybe I can finish it today, but probably not since I need to check who gets what.

Hmm, I'm stuck on this skill. Anyone able to make heads or tails of it?

攻防一体の陣: 前衛時、防陣の場合でも攻陣のように戦闘を行う敵のデュアルアタックへの完全ガードは失われる

Attack and Guard Stance: When user is the lead unit, even during Guard Stance, when attacking the enemy in Attack Stance, Dual Strikes will bypass the enemy's complete guards.

I feel like something is wrong here. The grammar is making my head spin DX

Hmm, I'm stuck on this skill. Anyone able to make heads or tails of it?

Attack and Guard Stance: When user is the lead unit, even during Guard Stance, when attacking the enemy in Attack Stance, Dual Strikes will bypass the enemy's complete guards.

I feel like something is wrong here. The grammar is making my head spin DX

I think I got it. I'll try to reword to make more sense.

"Whenever the user is in Attack stance and is the lead unit Dual strikes will always bypass the enemies' Guard stance."

Edit: I think it was confirmed a few weeks ago that guard stance negates opposing dual strikes ?

Edited by DiamondnJade

Yeah, normally Guard Stance negates Dual Strikes.

I'm curious if I translated the description right. The name of the skill is confusing me too, because it literally means "Attack and Guard Stance, together in one".

Okay, I can see how it's Attack Stance, because your Dual Strikes always hit, but how is it Guard Stance too?

Or does it mean "Anti-Guard Stance"?

The icon is a sword and shield together. Lemme see if I can upload it...

EDIT

fe15skill_120.png

Edited by VincentASM

If that's true, doesn't that mean that (with enough dedication) you can get basically any class skill combination on any unit? E.g.

1) Create new file.

2) In new file, have Character X marry a partner that has the needed class (use Kamui if needed).

3) Use a Marriage Seal to get the skill on Character X.

4) Streetpass that file and buy the skill for your main file's Character X.

5) Repeat ad nauseum

Is that accurate?

How does one buy a skill?

Yeah, normally Guard Stance negates Dual Strikes.

I'm curious if I translated the description right. The name of the skill is confusing me too, because it literally means "Attack and Guard Stance, together in one".

Okay, I can see how it's Attack Stance, because your Dual Strikes always hit, but how is it Guard Stance too?

Or does it mean "Anti-Guard Stance"?

The icon is a sword and shield together. Lemme see if I can upload it...

EDIT

fe15skill_120.png

I have a theory, though admittedly it's a bit of a stretch. Look at the following skills:

MSEID_H_破天: 攻撃時、技×1.5%で発動。力の攻撃は敵の力、\n魔法攻撃なら敵の魔力、の半分をダメージ追加

MSEID_H_復讐: 攻撃時、技×1.5%で発動\n自分のHP減少分の半分をダメージ追加

Note that the first has a period after 発動 but the second does not, just a line break; looking over all the skills I see they only use periods to split sentences in the middle of lines. No line ends in a period (unless you count 不明, and that doesn't have second sentence either). Perhaps they think context makes it "obvious" when a new line also means a separate sentence. In that case the skill could be "When this unit is the lead position, despite being in Guard Stance you attack like Attack Stance. Does not passively block enemy Dual Attacks." What do you think?

Do we know yet if skills can stalk with each other.

More particulary Personal and Class skills.

Becuase Magic Counter is a buffed-up version of Nyx's personal skill (like Counter is a superior version to Hinata's).

So can Nyx throw 1.5 magic damage back at the ennemy, or would her personal skill just be rendered null if she had Magic Counter ?

Do we know yet if skills can stalk with each other.

More particulary Personal and Class skills.

Becuase Magic Counter is a buffed-up version of Nyx's personal skill (like Counter is a superior version to Hinata's).

So can Nyx throw 1.5 magic damage back at the ennemy, or would her personal skill just be rendered null if she had Magic Counter ?

In Awakening, differently named skills would stack even if they had the same type of effect. So you could stack Rally Strength, Rally Heart, and Rally Spectrum for a total of +10 Str, but you couldn't stack multiple Rally Strength bonuses. I assume the same works here.

I have a theory, though admittedly it's a bit of a stretch. Look at the following skills:

MSEID_H_破天: 攻撃時、技×1.5%で発動。力の攻撃は敵の力、\n魔法攻撃なら敵の魔力、の半分をダメージ追加

MSEID_H_復讐: 攻撃時、技×1.5%で発動\n自分のHP減少分の半分をダメージ追加

Note that the first has a period after 発動 but the second does not, just a line break; looking over all the skills I see they only use periods to split sentences in the middle of lines. No line ends in a period (unless you count 不明, and that doesn't have second sentence either). Perhaps they think context makes it "obvious" when a new line also means a separate sentence. In that case the skill could be "When this unit is the lead position, despite being in Guard Stance you attack like Attack Stance. Does not passively block enemy Dual Attacks." What do you think?

Thanks. I'll go with that for now. It seems to make the most sense, given the limited context. So basically old skool Pair Up? : P

Ta-da!

All the naturally learned class skills plus some extras.

Additional notes: Some classes seem to learn 4 skills.

Ballistician, Witch and the 4 Amiibo classes learn 4 skills, many of which are unique. But I haven't found their icons, so I haven't included them yet.

Here's a teaser:

Select the "Warp" command to instantly move adjacent to an

ally and perform another action

In case anyone missed it, according to this photo http://imgur.com/a/A6F3l , when you parallel proof or class change into another class, you automatically gain any skills that you "missed" on the next level-up, with one skill gained per level. The example given is Silas changing to a Mercenary at lv. 15: at lv. 16 he gets the default Mercenary skill & at lv. 17 he gets the lv. 10 Mercenary skill.

Edited by Sky Soldier

In case anyone missed it, according to this photo http://imgur.com/a/A6F3l , when you parallel proof or class change into another class, you automatically gain any skills that you "missed" on the next level-up, with one skill gained per level. The example given is Silas changing to a Mercenary at lv. 15: at lv. 16 he gets the default Mercenary skill & at lv. 17 he gets the lv. 10 Mercenary skill.

I wonder if that works for promoted classes; with them getting the base classes skills as well.

I wonder if that works for promoted classes; with them getting the base classes skills as well.

It says yes you can get base class skills from the promoted classes. Don't know how that will work yet, though.

Thanks. I'll go with that for now. It seems to make the most sense, given the limited context. So basically old skool Pair Up? : P

Ta-da!

All the naturally learned class skills plus some extras.

Additional notes: Some classes seem to learn 4 skills.

Ballistician, Witch and the 4 Amiibo classes learn 4 skills, many of which are unique. But I haven't found their icons, so I haven't included them yet.

Here's a teaser:

Select the "Warp" command to instantly move adjacent to an

ally and perform another action

Just pointing something out, but I think some of the icons and skills are mismatched at the bottom.

If anything, I'm thankful my M.O. for reclassing in Awakening has always been "Reach Lv. 10 in the Starting Class, Spend 10 levels in a Alternate Tree's Base Class, Get both Skills of a Promoted Class in said Alternate Tree, Return to the Promoted Class in the Original Tree that fits the best with all the Acquired Skills": It seems it can be pulled off during Fates in quite an elegant way...

Edited by AstraSage

Lethality brings back memories of Jaffar OTK-ing almost every single unit with Killing Edge especially against units he deal 0 damage to if it triggers. LOL. How to spoiler tag by the way?

May I inquire what is Vanguard, since he gets aethar.

Edited by pradian

Hm...Don't know if it's relevant, but the Cipher tie in masked Lucina has a skill that doesn't seem to be in that list. She has Charm and then something else that looks like a pink Renewal.

MaskedLucina_01_zps392vjiaz.png