Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lethality brings back memories of Jaffar OTK-ing almost every single unit with Killing Edge especially against units he deal 0 damage to if it triggers. LOL. How to spoiler tag by the way?

May I inquire what is Vanguard, since he gets aethar.

Ike's Amiibo class.

The other one learning Aether is Lucina.

I was hoping that galeforce would be gone

personally I find it to be a broken skill reminds me of Disgaiea

At least it was nerfed, that's better than nothing.

In case anyone missed it, according to this photo http://imgur.com/a/A6F3l , when you parallel proof or class change into another class, you automatically gain any skills that you "missed" on the next level-up, with one skill gained per level. The example given is Silas changing to a Mercenary at lv. 15: at lv. 16 he gets the default Mercenary skill & at lv. 17 he gets the lv. 10 Mercenary skill.

I didn't like the heavy grind for skills in Awakening (hence I didn't I didn't invest extra time on it), but this is almost too easy...

Especially with getting base class skills in promoted classes (couldn't this at least not have been a thing?)

Oh well, nothing I can't get used to.

EDIT: some of these skills are... interesting:

- Speed +2 is on Dark Falcons (some sort of DLC special class?) when similar skills are on base classes

- Holy Lancer get both Defence Seal and Speed Seal (Defence Seal by promoting)

- Resistance Seal on Oni Savage seems kind of weird.

- Puppeteers have Puppet Break like I suspected. Not sure what to think of that, although being your own worst enemy is kind of funny

- I wonder if skills like Special Song and Copycat Puppet are available in other classes. They don't say they aren't in description like Beastbane does...

- Shove on Wyvern Rider is another funny one

- what is this golden coin mentioned in Extravagance? Just money or a special item?

- Sniper still get the short end of stick in the way of "+40 hit"... except it's nerfed now too? xD

- Defender being exclusive to Guard Stance is expected, but... Well, it's kind of an unnecessary nerf I think

- "Heathen Army" refers to this game's Risen?

- Can "units" in eastern Heart be either allies or enemies?

- Smithy skills is an interesting one. Is the weapon received chosen at random? Probably limited to a pool of basic weapons though.

Also, I like this whole offense/support split between kamui's promotions based on path, and the command skills like Rescue and Shove are nice!

Edited by Sylphid

At least it was nerfed, that's better than nothing.

I didn't like the heavy grind for skills in Awakening (hence I didn't I didn't invest extra time on it), but this is almost too easy...

Especially with getting base class skills in promoted classes (couldn't this at least not have been a thing?)

Oh well, nothing I can't get used to.

EDIT: some of these skills are... interesting:

- Speed +2 is on Dark Falcons (some sort of DLC special class?) when similar skills are on base classes

- Holy Lancer get both Defence Seal and Speed Seal (Defence Seal by promoting)

- Resistance Seal on Oni Savage seems kind of weird.

- Puppeteers have Puppet Break like I suspected. Not sure what to think of that, although being your own worst enemy is kind of funny

- I wonder if skills like Special Song and Copycat Puppet are available in other classes. They don't say they aren't in description like Beastbane does...

- Shove on Wyvern Rider is another funny one

- what is this golden coin mentioned in Extravagance? Just money or a special item?

- Sniper still get the short end of stick in the way of "+40 hit"... except it's nerfed now too? xD

- Defender being exclusive to Guard Stance is expected, but... Well, it's kind of an unnecessary nerf I think

- "Heathen Army" refers to this game's Risen?

- Can "units" in eastern Heart be either allies or enemies?

- Smithy skills is an interesting one. Is the weapon received chosen at random? Probably limited to a pool of basic weapons though.

Also, I like this whole offense/support split between kamui's promotions based on path, and the command skills like Rescue and Shove are nice!

The Golden Coin seems to be the one you can obtain in Easy Life.

No idea what his other effects are, I'm curious too.

The Golden Coin is like a Bullion. I think it's worth 500G or something... it's in the script dump ^^

Class skills finished!

Also refer to the Hoshido page for the Dread Fighter and Merchant skills.

That's pretty interesting. It's like there's a new use for the cheapest bullion. How long until someone cries "gold farming"?

Thanks for the hard work!!

Just checking, but "magical damage -4" refers to the damage Dread Fighter takes, not what it does? Because the latter would be downright stupid

Grandmaster got really downplayed here, especially compared to the other Amiibo classes, although I guess if Robin has free reclassing he can still become a good Rally bot. Although somehow I think that won't happen...

Edited by NeonZ

Waitaminnitwaitaminnit- when a unit gets married/has an A+ (A for Kamui), you can become that unit's base class?!? YAAASSSS!!!

So, anyone else think Nohr (the skill) will be rediculous?

It's likely A+ and marriage only (so from marriage only for kamui).

Kind of, yes. Though if it's only Sol/Luna etc. it's still okay, assuming it works same way as having multiple such skills in Awakening did

It's likely A+ and marriage only (so from marriage only for kamui).

Kind of, yes. Though if it's only Sol/Luna etc. it's still okay, assuming it works same way as having multiple such skills in Awakening did

No, it showed Corrin getting an A support with Kaze and being able to reclass into a Ninja. This is why Corrin doesn't have A+, it allows him to have access to everyone's base class and promotions.

Also, there is Astra, and I'm not sure if skills like Deadly Breath or whatever it is (Revenant Knight; -20% max hp of all units within 2 spaces after a battle) qualify as offensive or not. Hell, some personal skills might even qualify.

No, it showed Corrin getting an A support with Kaze and being able to reclass into a Ninja. This is why Corrin doesn't have A+, it allows him to have access to everyone's base class and promotions.

Also, there is Astra, and I'm not sure if skills like Deadly Breath or whatever it is (Revenant Knight; -20% max hp of all units within 2 spaces after a battle) qualify as offensive or not. Hell, some personal skills might even qualify.

That's... Interesting. Kind of puts a damper on the whole "get A+ rank to be special" thing for same gender support.

What's this "it" though?

I meant skills that activate based on chance like Sol and Luna. Astra and so on was included.

I'm counting Astra, Breaking Sky, Lethality, Dragon Fang, Luna, Sol, Vengeance, Aether and Ignis... Maybe Smithy Skill, Fortune (I doubt though)

So 9 skills (or maybe 11). And it probably isn't possible to get all of them on 2 characters anyways, so it's not that much imo.

EDIT: if it includes skills not based on chance like Speed Drain or Prescient Victory, it's going to be ridiculous

Edited by Sylphid

If it only includes offensive proc skills (which would be my guess based on the way it sounds), it would be good, but wouldn't really be all that broken because of how proc priority works. In Awakening, even if you had access to all the offensive proc skills, you would really only want to stack two at most (and only certain combinations at that), after which you start to get diminishing returns or they outright interfere with each other.

If it only includes offensive proc skills (which would be my guess based on the way it sounds), it would be good, but wouldn't really be all that broken because of how proc priority works. In Awakening, even if you had access to all the offensive proc skills, you would really only want to stack two at most (and only certain combinations at that), after which you start to get diminishing returns or they outright interfere with each other.

Thank you for saying so clearly what I tried to say. Makes much more sense

Edited by Sylphid

Actually, I think it may be different than expected.

It only covers skills that only occur during the duration of the battle.

My matching the keywords, these are the skills that it seems to work with:

Nohr, Open Assault, Confined Defence, Distinguished Son, Demoiselle, Battle Command, Devilish Wind, Voice of Peace, Heathen Princess, Bind, Flamboyant, Charm, Veteran’s Intuition, Solidarity, Arrogance, Nohr-Hater, Super Strength, Cold-blooded, Way of the Knight, Butler’s Accomplishment

Grandmaster got really downplayed here, especially compared to the other Amiibo classes, although I guess if Robin has free reclassing he can still become a good Rally bot. Although somehow I think that won't happen...

Rally Spectrum was one of the best skills in Awakening, if not the best. Seems solid to me; all the Amiibos seem to have sweet lineups. I want all of them.

Rally Spectrum was one of the best skills in Awakening, if not the best. Seems solid to me; all the Amiibos seem to have sweet lineups. I want all of them.

Rally Spectrum has been downgraded to Rally Heart level here though, even though the other Rallies still work just like before.

Rally Spectrum has been downgraded to Rally Heart level here though, even though the other Rallies still work just like before.

Oh, I missed that. Still solid, though.

Looks like other Rallies now say 2 tile radius, which is unfortunate. But Rally Spectrum now has 4 tile radius? Is that right?