Pokemon Sacred Gold Nuzlocke [COMPLETED]

Shuuda

Ballte of the Bugs? Well, if your LP and mine fight, it'l be the battle of the BuLgs. Get it? Because my naming theme is based on German history? Battle of the Bulge?

...sorry.

Think nothing of it. History buffs come on down. Though I'm afraid I've not studied any Europeon history since A-levels. I've mostly been interested in the Mongels recently.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think nothing of it. History buffs come on down. Though I'm afraid I've not studied any Europeon history since A-levels. I've mostly been interested in the Mongels recently.

Ah, splendid. The Mongols were certainly one of the more wildly and improbably successful nations in history. Back on topic, I vote Butterfree.

Un2wGIl.jpg

We have a winner. Welcome to the team, Azure. Fear not, Studmuffin, the king might be dethroned one day. Thank you everyone for your votes.

Episode Three: Birds in Uproar

That's right, the time has finally come to take on the first gym. It seemed that with a Jolteon and Geodude, the fight was set to go smoothly. For easier viewing, I'll be separating the gym leader battle and the aftermath from the trainers.

[spoiler=Episode Three: Part One]

qixzTae.jpg

I arrive at the first gym. I've grinded up my team, and made sure to bring some good teammates, but I can't tell how it'll go down.

i1O3PaD.jpg

Thanks. A bit of lucky might come in handy, too.

7AjqAd4.jpg

Jesus christ, they don't even have a railing. Unhealth and lack of safety gone mad. Nevermind. Bring on the first victim!

Keh1xd1.jpg

wAlF07O.jpg

Hurricane fights true to his name. This is a flying type gym, so I wanted him to get some spotlight.

SLaOfiG.jpg

My Pidgey is superior, it would seem. But seriously, Hurricane was doing an awesome job of it.

ZAbnLgY.jpg

Also, get used to seeing this for a while.

1LNsDHu.jpg

Yes! In other news; citizens baffled by brown rain.

SrED2jW.jpg

EpqNAqd.jpg

I'm not taking this personally, but I do plan to sticking a rod into your intestines when we're through. Tosser.

msu6zcL.jpg

iuRaAvR.jpg

wgELiJU.jpg

Winning too fast. 'Cause I got three Pidgeys.

9lhBCKW.jpg

jMUHmHE.jpg

With the two trainers down, it was time to battle Falkner.

0qD8ZEl.jpg

After healing, of course.

[spoiler=Episode Three: Part Two]

EPm7kZV.jpg

Introducing the flying type master, Falkner. He's got a pretty cool design, if you ask me. I'm rather anxious, because I know his team got a buff in this hack.

IIf3rc5.jpg

You're on, Falkner!

GskY751.jpg

DcYtQ6M.jpg

This could be troublesome. Time for Round One!

2rHGxRu.jpg

A combination of Pluck and Quick Attacked allowed Hurricane to run circles around Doduo, and win without taking a hit.

prYIRZ7.jpg

t7iTE7d.jpg

Murkrow provded to be a tougher opponent. My hopes of increasing Shingle's speed and sweeping Falkner did not go as expected. After Rock Polish he was still out sped.

inQ9KLl.jpg

In the end, we won the second round with a more direct approach.

aw5L3Lv.jpg

Three round, and I brought out the trump card. Swablu proved tough enough to survive, and even launch a pathetic attack of its own.

4ImKuQR.jpg

kWfImLQ.jpg

C4FeaW6.jpg

Glad I swapped Shingle out, but Gerardo's no Rasputin.

j3t2AiC.jpg

Pathetic attack!

MCIhJw2.jpg

Falkner's Ace enters. Here's were I thought things would get tricky.

wAeKom5.jpg

After that berry, I lost confidence that another ThunderShock would KO. This Pidgeotto did some harm with just Tackle.

lewzDuH.jpg

I chickened out and went for the Potion.

PEwxpJz.jpg

Of course, Falkner has Potions, too. He's just a cheap bastard.

ZW9z3fF.jpg

Even with a type disadvantage, that Pidgeotto put up a valiant effort. With the fourth round over, Falkner's ace is down for the count.

yovbN80.jpg

Farfetch'd got a significant buff in this hack, including a type change to flying/fighting. Sadly, that wasn't to Falkner's favour in this match.

Cg4FHSO.jpg

What, Falkner? That's your last Pokemon, and you're declaring it your winning move!

EFjOBoN.jpg

It outsped despite the level differences. That was a surprise.

QGj7REw.jpg

Remember when I called Pidgeotto the ace? I lied. That wasn't even a critical, goddamn it. Chatot is apparently that good in this hack. Rest in peace, Hurricane.

PSN1RFC.jpg

Here's a cameo from Azure, missing Sleep Powder TWICE IN A FUCKING ROW! NOW'S NOT THE TIME! Given that both Swablu and Pidgeotto both survived a ThunderShock, I didn't want to risk Gerardo getting hammered. Sadly, the Uproar ended, and I had to swap Azure out.

z9FEARv.jpg

Shit! Even resisting, Shingle cannot take these hits.

XqInxZa.jpg

This Potion was ultimately wasted. Chatot's Uproar just hit too hard. I considered my position for a moment, and then decided I had was choice.

brhrjuc.jpg

Heal up Gerardo and hope he can take at least one Uproar.

IKTs22C.jpg

The cost was great. Rest in peace, Shingle.

mYQiYUv.jpg

For all the trouble it caused, the Chatot fell to single ThunderShock.

I'm deeply ashamed.

DinT3rf.jpg

But what was the point!? What chance do I have!? Sure, they might have been generic, but Hurricane and Shingle gave it their all.

This was no victory! This actually depressed me.

i0Nwplj.jpg

Oh, TM51: Roost? Guess who would've liked that.

3YmiJJd.jpg

un4bpKt.jpg

Ouch. Well, I can't wallow in pity forever. We need to regroup.

[spoiler=Episode Three: Aftermath]

E4rGghs.jpg

And only at the cost of two Pokemon per gym!

iPe2H2t.jpg

I get the feeling it won't be long until I get a good replacement for Hurricane. Before we pick up the Egg, I need to make room in my team, and lay the dead to rest.

JAsUUrg.jpg

/salute

TUnzpvR.jpg

I get the feeling I'll regret this, but I'll be taking Cuddles as the first new teammate. I don't care if I have to babysit him all the way to level 20, I want a Gyarados.

kjJmwF2.jpg

Down at the Mart, I pick up the single item mother sent over. This might have been helpful a while back.

NiekvN1.jpg

Yes, you can totally entrust this baby Pokemon to me. It's not like I'm on a death march or anything.

sSrCXdW.jpg

I'll try, but my track record ain't good. I'd rather just leave it with you, kind lady.

Jqk9tIe.jpg

You know what, I concur. You're all right, Falkner.

RCDa0EI.jpg

I look forwards to being told all about your Chatot. Your murderous Chatot. But damn, it makes me regret not being able to capture the one I saw in Sprout Tower. Alas, what could've been.

And that draws the third episode to a close. I hope it was to your likely. I personally hope future gyms provide even more fearsome battles.

[spoiler=The Team]qfwxGvV.jpg

I have high hopes for Egg.

Until next time, folks.

Edited by Shuuda

Wow, they really did make this jack harder; that's good, as Johto never was difficult. It's like they took complaints of Koga and Sabrina's level spikes and said "Fine! Last GL below level 40! How do,you,like that?"

Wow, they really did make this jack harder; that's good, as Johto never was difficult. It's like they took complaints of Koga and Sabrina's level spikes and said "Fine! Last GL below level 40! How do,you,like that?"

In all fairness, they did have twice as many gyms in these games.

In all fairness, they did have twice as many gyms in these games.

True, I suppose. HGSS are still my favorite games, as the level curve somewhat matches your levels, but it seems like you'll have your work cut out for you in this.

Episode Four: Maniac on the Loose

After the intense battle against Falkner, the journey settles into something more comfortable, as I head to Azalea Town. A few new and potentially interesting encounters, but not much of anything else.

[spoiler=Episode Four]

ksjYlju.jpg

The HM for Rock Smash, which I think got a small buff in this game. I taught it to Titan just to have it on hand whenever. With that out of the way, time to head to the Ruins of Alph for the first encounter of the episode.

L4ZAF4K.jpg

Eggs, Cereal, Milk... what do these words mean?

jXyfF4l.jpg

This Unown is the symbol for man with huge nose. That's some strange bigotry these ancient folks had.

lqTjYda.jpg

But I stand against these old supersitions. Big nosed characters are welcome here. Bad natures on the other hand, are not.

Moving on south.

qd2ueHn.jpg

A little present for Verdante, who sadly didn't get to feature last time.

JcVUKN2.jpg

It's the Ruin Maniac! He hides in ruins and strangles tourist! He's clearly got the cold eyes of a killer.

PhVrHn8.jpg

5Frv2qg.jpg

Please don't kill me, Mr Maniac! I'm sorry!

7W2MBpW.jpg

The Ruin Maniac's next victim.

Ls05W7o.jpg

T9ER9Eo.jpg

I still wish I had gotten a Mareep or a Driftloon, but no, I got a Hoppip.

DOuIFoD.jpg

TM05 is Roar. Something I doubt I'll have any use for.

5ZqixHP.jpg

Girl who spends too much time on the phone. Typical.

9jGdxrX.jpg

Jwmz1lt.jpg

Damn it, Cuddles, evolve soon! I had to use a Potion just to keep you alive this time.

R2jqFXw.jpg

SSkghx1.jpg

5EEZsxj.jpg

JU1hoJu.jpg

Go, Verdante!

It's time!

ErXrFVS.jpg
nn7ewSP.jpg

Even though we lost two teammates last time, I feel the team getting more powerful than ever. However, it'll be some time until Verdante has all the moves I need him to get.

Uj3jb9u.jpg

Another not so helpful TM.

r2D5HhS.jpg

Fishermen on the bridge. These battles will go by so fast, I won't even remember any of them.

MjGoHQT.jpg

That sounds delicious. I'll take twenty, sir!

bfHOUp9.jpg

Yes. That's exactly how much money I have. Seriously. Really. I;'ll give you an IOU.

G7VPqbu.jpg

Damn straight. I love Friday!

BEhaUFd.jpg

A TM that might actually be worth using, until I get Surf.

BGotoNG.jpg

That's right. I bet you don't even have six Pokemon.

I8QqN5L.jpg

Dnh5W6J.jpg

HIQoCeM.jpg

Awesome! Verdante has the power! Nature's Power! (Seriously, it's Nature Power)

luEJVWq.jpg

nHWxXUO.jpg

That was an impressive effort, by which I mean, that was a sad effort.

SLDBWLD.jpg

Time for a new encounter.

km0o3ec.jpg

That's okay, I guess.

XtebaAN.jpg

Adamant nature. That's more than okay. I'll have to work you into the team sometime.

UpI32xK.jpg

Our first Hiker battle. One of many to come.

xXY0IUY.jpg

V for Verdante.

CC2LNBz.jpg

M2SA7xY.jpg

Damn, my team's tearing through the opposition today. Admittedly. it did miss Hypnosis twice.

7dsgJSq.jpg

I sense this is going to come in handy real soon. For the time being though, welcome to the bag.

yVuEpK9.jpg

6cJFpMX.jpg

36KJkA6.jpg

Hiker number two. Smashed with ease, literally.

b5icKq6.jpg

Is this place some kind of holy ground for Firebreathers?

fiDEPVa.jpg

X7BIflS.jpg

Good work on killing that bady, Cuddles.

DkjTiL3.jpg

That all right, but I've never been a Charmander fan. That's why I picked Squirtle.

hd3WnFv.jpg

I don't want to be here anymore.

VtMwy7H.jpg

The spirit of Slowpoke embiggened me when taking this shot.

XTOXMRb.jpg

This fellow's got some sweet Pokemon. I fear for them.

UTtVVbV.jpg

We have time for one more encounter.

pEicVVR.jpg

Pokeball, go!

5kYi8Nh.jpg

zUOTihJ.jpg

I hope you find someone to trade with someday, good sir. Not me, though.

Time to rustle up our next piece of fodder.

0BM5IAQ.jpg

Shit!

4EgJxb7.jpg

Double shit! Bad ability and nature. At least you come with your own healing.

fBi8zJS.jpg

What's all this then? It's a shock ending, is what it is. Just who are these curs?

Yeah, not the most interesting episode.

[spoiler=Team]

8TKnNyX.jpg

I've got a feeling our team will be gaining a new powerhouse soon. Just a hunch.

Also, if the Togepi has a bad nature, then Saharaden might be finding a place on my time.

Edited by Shuuda

The Hikers in this game, with a few alterations, would eerily resemble Lord Palmerston; rather portly and bearded. I just noticed that now. Also, Azure is clearly that next powerhouse. He is destined to single handedly sweep the entire game. Actually, wouldn't that be a good way to break a Nuzlocke? You know, only training one Pokemon so it can never be defeated?

@Blaze: You should see my Lit Platinum team. Charmander, Totodile, Skoripi, Snover and Drilbur before the first badge!

Edited by blah2127

This is why I love Pokémon hacks. You can get ridiculous teams even early on in the game, and it's even more fun.

Honestly, compared to some of the stuff I could've had, this is nothing. I could've had a Shinx, a Lavitar, a Ralts, or even a Drifloon by this point. I was thinking of trying a randomiser after this.

Actually, wouldn't that be a good way to break a Nuzlocke? You know, only training one Pokemon so it can never be defeated?

I remember doing that when I first played Pokemon Silver. I just grinded up my Feraligatr and spammed Ice Punch against Lance.

@Blah lol yeah, light platinum is ridiculous. I need to try and download that ROM again after Cool Roms got shut down.

It's pretty much an easy google search. It also has the distinction of being probably the only unambiguously good original region hack.

JSmq0s8.jpg

Episode Five: Proton Torpedo

Having reached Azalea town, we encountered Team Rocket, who were not only blocking the well, but also the gym. This episode we have our first battles against the fiendish gang, and get some interesting new Pokemon.

[spoiler=Episode Five: Part One]

99cuFUl.jpg

A nice TM to get off the bat. It might be handy for Gerardo if we need some more power. I'd rather wait for Thunderbolt however.

hjE9raP.jpg

The egg survived its journey! Lazy sod didn't even battle.

JHyvPYs.jpg

6Vs9FSa.jpg

Oh, not-

z1FbQIf.jpg

Wait? How did you know it hatched? He wants me to return... but I'm terrified.

97IzcgN.jpg

I'm quite fond of the Hoenn starters. I do have a particular one in mind. It's gotta be...

0RVkq3E.jpg

Jesus! Of course, because of the rule I set a few episodes ago, I won't be adding him to the party. Not until Verdante kicks the bucket.

JIHKasL.jpg

Let's train you up... as we ride all the way back to New Bark. This better be worth it.

Fv0EiCR.jpg

Oooooh. Don't even need to use Roost if I go for Togekiss.

hFTI4zt.jpg

It's okay, Prof, but the nature ain't too good. Can I trade it for a better one?

GfGtlL1.jpg

Yes, a legendary was what I had mind.

QoqQC8T.jpg

Worth it.

Just kidding. That was actually a fucking waste of time. Now to head all the way back.

C0xKqY3.jpg

Good boy, Verdante. I suspect that's going to be a big help. I might be overestimating the value of these moves though.

028KPVN.jpg

I feel for you. I won't let this stand. The people need their Slowpokes!

6Z7beYr.jpg

I see you there, but a free TM says otherwise. Carry on about your business, citizen.

KTRxbah.jpg

I'm quite sure I don't care, either. Bad men. Must stop. Poison types.

XTSe1un.jpg

Very bad men, indeed. I'm burning with rage.

ngGnoVx.jpg

Yeah... good luck with that. I'm right behind you.

3Yf5yUI.jpg

Hmm... no clue where they went. Just an innocent well here.

[spoiler=Episode Five: Part Two]

2ADGM3t.jpg

Does that count as my encounter? I want a Slowpoke, too.

AVJUk7Y.jpg

Take five, my good man. Let me go the hard work.

g4L4rsg.jpg

And your spine still works? Aren't you a lucky fellow.

Xj3CWMk.jpg

PdGWZws.jpg

YEO01Ki.jpg

Poison types.

T9I7lYW.jpg

Executive who?

G2LRS3W.jpg

5Gf4ikS.jpg

Ugh... poison types. I hate battling this lot already.

zWFKOX7.jpg

XLDykWN.jpg

Work for that experience, Cuddles!

cJR214Q.jpg

With her out of the way, I get my encounter...

PMjKhBJ.jpg

That's interesting. I wasn't expecting that. Rude sod.

VEqNhL8.jpg

I think... it has Skill Link. Better capture it quickly.

PIzU1WX.jpg

Hmm... that's an okay nature, I suppose. Good thing I had those Great Balls.

Back to the grunts.

Q2r9ZOC.jpg

JEnen8k.jpg

Hurr.

uqlUlkJ.jpg

Yn22KD9.jpg

With that down. The three grunts are dealt with. Just the boss left to go.

On the other hand...

fiMdGrD.jpg

Sods to this. I can be the prettiest princess now!

[spoiler=Episode Five: Part Three]

Bi5hxfb.jpg

What's all this then?

Dbck8VK.jpg

Oh shit. Go gentle on me, kind sir. I've got an old man back there you can beat on.

mnsjPoP.jpg

fUXGSEC.jpg

Four? Not too bad at least.

iMWKgdN.jpg

That's not even a poison type! I've got a bad, explody, feeling back this.

HTTeX0B.jpg

That's not reassuring me.

2fq4GFL.jpg

God bless you, Titan. I still need you.

MmvkB74.jpg

Zap.

fyGpHo1.jpg

All right... good move, Proton.

GSdVPfq.jpg

Good thing Butterfree's special defense got a buff in this hack.

s3eniFr.jpg

Well, have you thought about ditching the uniforms? They make you kind of obivious.

jGOdmC1.jpg

ygC6cRO.jpg

I dedicate this victory to Slowpokes... also Antidotes.

MmhYUac.jpg

News tonight: boy found in torture sex dungeon?

mdXEGfs.jpg

Is it now? I'll buy that if you have Antidotes.

sgMOF5W.jpg

You know... they did threaten me.

IbKdgNl.jpg

Hurray. Coincidently, that's also Kurt's nickname among his peers.

UM3mDW4.jpg

No one died of poison, thankfully. With Team Rocket dealt with, I can finally head on down to the next arse tearring session- I mean gym battle.

But first...

MXkHPUe.jpg

There're no B's where you're going!

eBWJX1l.jpg

C7MAUQL.gif

And that wraps up our run in with the bad men. Our team is looking pretty wild.

[spoiler=Team]xwo3dzQ.jpg

Expect one thing. I don't see much using in Majestic until I know I can get a Togekiss. He's too innocent to bring along for now... so...

Vote for the Pokemon to Take a Bullet for Togepi!

That's right. I got some fine and dandy Pokemon waiting to fill up that last slot, and I'll let you lot choose the lucky victim.

[spoiler=Candidates]

XtebaAN.jpg

PIzU1WX.jpg

4EgJxb7.jpg

Thank you for reading. I hope you've enjoyed this episode. Don't forget to vote.

Lancer evolves into a Pokemon thats actually useful in competitive play, so take him.

The Uhlans shall triumph over whatever may stand in the way of total victory in this Nuzlocke!