Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

I doubt they left that out because they wanted too. It's normal for games to have partially finished content that didn't end up properly implemented into the game. Knights of the Old Republic 2 for example got two major locations cut out: An entire planet cut out, as well as the HK factory. And unlike the planet, the HK factory was even partially scripted. (It's very interesting to cheat yourself into that area and explore those half-scripted modules. There are dev notes and placeholders everywhere). But in the end, it simply wasn't ready in time.

Besides, this could actually mean good things. Partially finished content has the habit of getting fully realized during localization.

VERY unlikely but it means possible good things in the future

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they left that out because they wanted too. It's normal for games to have partially finished content that didn't end up properly implemented into the game because of a lack of time. Knights of the Old Republic 2 for example got two major locations cut out: An entire planet cut out, as well as the HK factory. And unlike the planet, the HK factory was even partially scripted. (It's very interesting to cheat yourself into that area and explore those half-scripted modules. There are dev notes and placeholders everywhere). But despite all the work that was already done, it simply wasn't ready in time, so it was left out.

Besides, this could actually mean good things. Partially finished content has the habit of getting fully realized during localization.

As I stated in post on the last page IS is most likely testing the waters with this one. That why they only gave the game two options they want to find out how well including them would be received. If it goes well a step forward. They get their asses chewed off well its a step back.

Edited by Iron Griffin

Oh, people definitely shouldn't get too optimistic. I wouldn't bet money on this.

Still, in Radiant Dawn we got some new scenes, new weapons and wide screen support. And Shadow Dragon actually had more then one multiplayer map. So not only is it at least possible that we get more stuff, considering that the stuff in question is partially done and IS knows about the demand from the oversea market, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if these conversations end up being used.

Unfortunately, those aren't the days of Radiant Dawn. Now we have DLC and this lowers the chances of this happening significantly. Remember Arkham Origins and how WB actually announced that they wouldn't patch the game because the devs were busy developing the DLC?

God damn double post!

How do you delete one?!!? DX

Well, if this happens to me, I simply report one of my posts. So far, no one said that this wasn't the proper way to handle things.

Edit: It's actually in the Code of Conduct:

If for some reason you accidentally double post, report it noting this. You will not be punished for it, unless you keep doing it.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh, people definitely shouldn't get too optimistic. I wouldn't bet money on this.

Still, in Radiant Dawn we got some new scenes, new weapons and wide screen support. And Shadow Dragon actually had more then one multiplayer map. So not only is it at least possible that we get more stuff, considering that this stuff is partially done and IS knows about the demand from the oversea market, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if these conversations end up being used.

Unfortunately, those aren't the days of Radiant Dawn. Now we have DLC and this lowers the chances of this happening significantly. Remember Arkham Origins and how WB actually announced that they wouldn't patch the game because the devs were busy developing the DLC?

Well, if this happens to me, I simply report one of my posts. So far, no one said that this wasn't he proper way to handle things.

I can see everything you mentioned being are far more likely to occur than the supports(Most are empty btw). but as I said if this works out maybe in the next game we may see a change.

Also yeah I remember the Arkham Origins debacle.

From what I've heard there were other gay options, Silas and Azura if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think they ever existed to begin with now that I think about and the bits of information I am gathering seems to support this.

I misread your post and gave you an inaccurate answer my bad!

Edited by Iron Griffin

That's really interesting, but I'd suggest it's a sign that Kanna's gender was not fixed at some point in development rather than a sign that Aqua was once considered as a marriage option for female Kamui. It would be weird to write Male Kanna/ Shigure sibling supports but not Female Kanna/Eponine ones.

My guess its connected to them and the choices(Zero and Not-Tharja) we have now. Its safe to say that they are dipping their toes into this big lake to see how the reception is and looks like they are willing to pull it out should the bull shark(back lash) get to close.

Test the waters and see if its safe to swim. But things like the Soleil incident along with other things could potentially scare them off if they feel they are going to start a feeding frenzy if a few drops of blood fall in.

I'm actually really worried about this. I just pray that the decision on what to do with such options in a future game will ultimately come down to how well-received and popular Zero and Syalla are, not the Soleil controversy.

Edited by EJ107

That's really interesting, but I'd suggest it's a sign that Kanna's gender was not fixed at some point in development rather than a sign that Aqua was once considered as a marriage option for female Kamui. It would be weird to write Male Kanna/ Shigure sibling supports but not Female Kanna/Eponine ones.

^ Argh I didn't think about that! Considering they bothered to finish Zero and Syalla it does puzzle me in regards to the children. Yes they hand wave it in the epilogue but why weren't those finished? They are the two only gay options why wasn't progress made on those factors?

Note: Fingers hurt. Typing too fast.

I'm actually really worried about this. I just pray that the decision on what to do with such options in a future game will ultimately come down to how well-received and popular Zero and Syalla are, not the Soleil controversy.

The thing that worries me about this is that they might take a dislike of Zero and Syalla being the gay options as a dislike of gay options existing and not as a dislike of the fact that those two are the gay options specifically. I have no intention of romancing Zero, but I'd absolutely romance someone like Silas.

Edited by capmalachi

The S-supports were rather nice this coming from a straight dude. Although yes the characters are......"unique" they might be rewritten a bit when the game gets localized if the folks doing it have the same concerns as we do.

Edited by Iron Griffin

Got some more supports up this morning, might not update much if at all this afternoon but here's a few for now.

http://pastebin.com/wwxJz03nNishiki+Hinoka C-S (This was a request?)

http://pastebin.com/V8ypYrpNTsubaki+Nyx C-S (Coffeeeeeeeeeee.)

http://pastebin.com/GL9h6H3kTsubaki+Hinata C-A (In which I finally use TNs to explain something.)

Yeah, the Hinoka x Nishiki was a request from me, thanks! XD

From what I've heard there were other gay options, Silas and Azura if I'm not mistaken.

Why were they removed. Those pairings would've made sense. What.

http://pastebin.com/GL9h6H3kTsubaki+Hinata C-A (In which I finally use TNs to explain something.)

Honestly this is pretty hilarious because (at least for the C support) Hinata and Kazahana's conversation is also about personal appearance (albeit more on Kazahana's). Looks like Kazahana and Tsubaki are a lot more alike than they want to admit.

Actually it sounds like they never existed to begin with. Ej107 makes a good point about the child/parent coding which makes a lot of sense.

There were plans for the M!Corrin/Silas and F!Corrin/Azura at least, since data for them was found, I believe it was Vincent who found it, but maybe we should ask him, just to be sure.

And aren't Silas's supports with male and female Corrin pretty much the same?

Could someone confirm this for me?

Edited by Water Mage

There were plans for the M!Corrin/Silas and F!Corrin/Azura at least, since data for them was found, I believe it was Vincent who found it, but maybe we should ask him, just to be sure.

And aren't Silas's supports with male and female Corrin pretty much the same?

Could someone confirm this for me?

They are the same it seems aside from the S-Rank Support conversation.

Keep in mind though so were the supports between Robin(both genders) and Chrom as well as those between Robin(both genders) and Lucina with the exception if female Robin became Lucina's mother then she gets the same generic supports as the other potential wives of Chrom.

Edited by Iron Griffin

They are the same it seems aside from the S-Rank Support conversation.

Keep in mind though so were the supports between Robin(both genders) and Chrom as well as those between Robin(both genders) and Lucina with the exception if female Robin became Lucina's mother then she gets the same generic supports as the other potential wives of Chrom.

Umm... No they weren't M!Robin X Chrom: Was about Chrom not being cautious enough whereas F!Robin was about how he's a huge dork (besides A in witch Robin messes up)

M!Robin X Lucina is about her future and the struggle she bears to prevent it whereas F!Robin is about her getting jealous and somewhat childish in regards to Chrom

Umm... No they weren't M!Robin X Chrom: Was about Chrom not being cautious enough whereas F!Robin was about how he's a huge dork (besides A in witch Robin messes up)

M!Robin X Lucina is about her future and the struggle she bears to prevent it whereas F!Robin is about her getting jealous and somewhat childish in regards to Chrom

Then my mistake.

Edited by Iron Griffin

Anyways in regards to interchangeable vs unique supports this game from what I have seen has been rather sporadic at times mainly when it concerns the player character.

Important individuals connected to Kamui like Camilla, Aqua, or Cyrus have rather gender neutral supports with only the S-rank separating them although how far this go has been hard to tell but I know Ryouma is the same and maybe Takumi too.

However other characters like strangely enough Crimson have different supports depending on Kamui's gender and according to some Gunter is the same.

I keep wondering how many writers are juggling all these supports.