Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

On 4/8/2017 at 3:56 AM, Sieghart said:

Have you try this pairs:

Jacob x Azura : Shigure will get wyvern line class and Dwyer pegasus line.

Lazlow x Azura: Shigure will get merc line  and Soleil pegasus line.

I was mostly asking if there was a chance to save this Shigure from this pairing, since I've changed it in other routes as well haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, spiderbrush said:

Is Rinkah!Shiro much worse than Kagero!Shiro? The latter seems much stronger, but I like Kagero's Support with Takumi more than I do Rinkah's and want to marry her to him.

It depends on what you are looking for.specifically.  I personally, don't think Rinkah!Shiro is a bad unit  at all.  He does not get lethality without some serious skill grinding, which would be my main drawback.  His base stats with Kagero as his mother as his default class are HP 55 Str 72.5 Mag 0 Skl 45 Spd 57.5 Lck 37.5 Def 45 Res 40. Which isn't too bad.  Rinkah!Shiro stats are HP 50 Str 52.5 Mag 7.5 Skl 60 Spd 55 Lck 40 Def 55 and Res 30.  There are high chances for Critical hits with Rinkah!Shiro even if he doesn't have the raw strength.  Rinkah is one of the better options for Shiro and Kagero works well for Takumi as well

3 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

It depends on what you are looking for.specifically.  I personally, don't think Rinkah!Shiro is a bad unit  at all.  He does not get lethality without some serious skill grinding, which would be my main drawback.  His base stats with Kagero as his mother as his default class are HP 55 Str 72.5 Mag 0 Skl 45 Spd 57.5 Lck 37.5 Def 45 Res 40. Which isn't too bad.  Rinkah!Shiro stats are HP 50 Str 52.5 Mag 7.5 Skl 60 Spd 55 Lck 40 Def 55 and Res 30.  There are high chances for Critical hits with Rinkah!Shiro even if he doesn't have the raw strength.  Rinkah is one of the better options for Shiro and Kagero works well for Takumi as well

Okay, thanks. The high chance for critical hits does sound good. Nice to see Kagero is actually good for Takumi, so I think I will go with these pairings after all.

22 hours ago, spiderbrush said:

Okay, thanks. The high chance for critical hits does sound good. Nice to see Kagero is actually good for Takumi, so I think I will go with these pairings after all.

No problem!  If you want to know Kiragi's base stats in his base clase with Kagero as his mother they are HP 47.5 Str 67.5 Mag 0 Skl 47.5 Spd 65 Lck 42.5 Def 42.5 Res 27.5, so it truly is a good unit, especially if you pass down lethality.  

Takumi and Azura are a great pair, but Azura is the only songstress and Takumi is such a good unit, I don't if I should marry Takumi and Azura just for their children because I most likely will not be pairing Azura with Takumi in a fight because I'll need her to sing to make other units go again. Should I still pair Takumi with Azura or should I pair Takumi up with someone else?

On 4/22/2017 at 7:05 PM, Altina said:

Takumi and Azura are a great pair, but Azura is the only songstress and Takumi is such a good unit, I don't if I should marry Takumi and Azura just for their children because I most likely will not be pairing Azura with Takumi in a fight because I'll need her to sing to make other units go again. Should I still pair Takumi with Azura or should I pair Takumi up with someone else?

Depends on your playthrough, and what you value in terms of looks, stats, playstyle, etc.I can't choose your preferences, but I can give you some 
thoughts on the Kiragi / Shigure you get. Considering Kiragi, in terms of options, having Azura as his mother gives him the highest possible cap 
speed of +2 (Thanks Takumi!), tied with Setsuna. Setsuna and Azura both result in a pretty similar Kiragi, expect for slight differences in terms 
of Lck/Res/Def, which honestly don't matter since you're probably not going to try using him to tank, and the 1 luck difference only results in -1
hit/eva. In terms of classing options, Setsuna gives access to Replicate if you're into that, or Lethality, with a solid +5 skill modifier. (Not 
worth it imo, but you do you.) Meanwhile, Azura gives access to Warding Blow (I guess for dealing with Vengeance magic dealers? It's not Awakening 
so it's not as staple). Of course, Shigure would get roughlt the same treatment, but without access to good ol' Rend Heaven, unless your have
Takumi pass it down, barring any Frienship skills to be passed. Plus, Azura's +4 Luck wouldn't be useful on Kiragi or Shigure, and would probably
 work better on a Midori or something. Pretty much, if you're going for an optimal playthrough, I would discourage this pairing, but at the end of the
 day, you're the one playing : P

Hi everyone, I was wondering about some pair ups for some of my units in revalations. It's still my first playthough, and Im only up to the chapter where I you get ryoma/hinoka, so im not really sure who else will be joining afterwards besides probably leo and xander.

So far my pairings are: KazexBeruka, OboroxBenny, TakumixCamilla
The other units I'm using right now are F-corrin as a magic user(witch atm) Azura, sakura, elise subaki, hana, and jacob. I was going to pair rinka with subaki, but my rinkah is majorly str and hp screwed so far.

So if anyone has any suggestions for the remainders, that would be awesome. I don't really care about the child characters much because i kind of dislike them because they have even less of a reason for being there than awakening.

Edited by Twilightmage

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone! I'm planning on starting my Revalations run soon, and I would really appreciate some feedback on my parings. I will give explanation on the parings that I feel need it.

Kagero!Shiro!Kana: Man do I love this idiot! Not only is Shiro adorable, he also has exactly what I wanted in a partner. For one thing, he passes the Spear Fighter class to Kana, which is a very good class for both stats and skills. Shiro also has the Swordmaster class for dodge tank Corrin. Overall, probably not the greatest husband for Corrin, but he still has what I want. 

Laslow!Shigure

Peri!Dwyer

Selena!Sophie

Mozu!Midori

Kagero!Shiro

Oboro!Kiragi

Orochi!Asugi: For Basara Asugi.

Hana!Selkie: Not sure about this one. 

Setsuna!Hisame: Not sure about this one. 

Effie!Mitama

Hinoka!Caeldori

Felicia!Rahjat: Felicia fits the best with Hayato in my opinion. Nyx is better with Niles, Orochi is justified above, Felicia gives Forrest the Mercenary class, which he doesn't really want, and Elise can't support with Hayato, and is really good for Ophelia. 

Charlotte!Xander

Sakura!Forrest

Rinkah!Ignatius: Not sure about this one. 

Camilla!Velouria

Beruka!Percy: Not sure about this one. 

Azura!Soleil

Nyx!Nina

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Edited by KiwiScribble

Welp, the thread I made a few days ago was not helpful. I'll try my luck here.

Anyway, I'm currently planning my pairings for my Revelation run. The kids are my top priority. The following pairings are set in stone:

Silas x Hinoka (Sophie gets good mods and classes. Also I liked her parents' supports)

Kaze x Mozu (I've heard of 100% Miracle and became interested)

Ryoma x Camilla (Shiro likes these mods)

Takumi x Oboro (bc OTP)

Xander x Charlotte (Partially because it helps Midori's 100% miracle set)

Leo x Sakura (This incarnation of Forrest outclasses Felicia!Forrest due to a better third class option)

Odin x Elise (I've heard great things)

Niles x Setsuna (I know Nina is better off with a Magic mom but I feel a very strong pull towards this one)

Not 100% sure about these ones

Saizo x Orochi

Kaden x Azura (Seems pretty good for both kids)

Hinata x Selena (More sword classes for everyone. Hinata will probably perform better as a Hero than a Swordmaster too)

Azama x Kagero (Lots of strength)

Subaki x Rinkah (I originally wanted to pair him up with Selena, but no one else wants to suffer the consequences of Rinkah being their mother)

Hayato x Nyx

Benny x Beruka (Only child Beruka doesn't mess up?)

Keaton x Effie (I originally wanted to marry Velouria to +Str -Lck Corrin but I may change that. In case I will, would Hana be a good choice?)

Arthur x Peri (I'm really on the fence with this one, since Arthur doesn't get anything, but Percy seems to turn out pretty well)

Laslow x Hana (I can live with the terrible defense mod, Soleil likes Samurai and she looks amazing with Hana's hair)

Which would mean Felicia will go to the trash can also known as Jakob. As a result Dwyer will become Jack of all trades (not the good type), but it's not like I care for Dwyer to begin with.

Criticism will be greatly appriciated.

Edited by Lampy

On 10/1/2017 at 8:26 PM, KiwiScribble said:

Hello everyone! I'm planning on starting my Revalations run soon, and I would really appreciate some feedback on my parings. I will give explanation on the parings that I feel need it.

Kagero!Shiro!Kana: Man do I love this idiot! Not only is Shiro adorable, he also has exactly what I wanted in a partner. For one thing, he passes the Spear Fighter class to Kana, which is a very good class for both stats and skills. Shiro also has the Swordmaster class for dodge tank Corrin. Overall, probably not the greatest husband for Corrin, but he still has what I want. Any Corrin pairing is whomever you like best.

Laslow!Shigure Shigure gets another rally, so that's good. You might want Laslow to buddy Keaton so he can pass Rally Strength down to Shigure.

Peri!Dwyer Jakob doesn't get another class from the marriage, but otherwise it's fine.

Selena!Sophie I personally don't like that Silas doesn't get a new class, but I think it's fine for Sophie and Selena.

Mozu!Midori Pass Bowfaire from Mozu and I think this will work well.

Kagero!Shiro I prefer mothers with a higher speed cap, but this is fine.

Oboro!Kiragi Takumi doesn't get a class out of this pairing, but Apothecary for Kiragi is pretty cool.

Orochi!Asugi: For Basara Asugi. If you want to run Basara you might want to consider buddying with Shiro. If you plan to use magic then this is fine.

Hana!Selkie: Not sure about this one. More Strength and speed is what Selkie wants, so this should be fine.

Setsuna!Hisame: Not sure about this one. Archer is always a good class, but I'm worried about the mod clash between Setsuna and Hinata. Consider someone more defensive? 

Effie!Mitama Effie matches Azama's caps well, but you'll need to class change immediately. 

Hinoka!Caeldori This is fine.

Felicia!Rahjat: Felicia fits the best with Hayato in my opinion. Nyx is better with Niles, Orochi is justified above, Felicia gives Forrest the Mercenary class, which he doesn't really want, and Elise can't support with Hayato, and is really good for Ophelia. This is fine.

Charlotte!Xander This is fine.

Sakura!Forrest This is fine.

Rinkah!Ignatius: Not sure about this one. It builds Ignatius's defense, just watch his strength

Camilla!Velouria This is fine

Beruka!Percy: Not sure about this one.  Percy gets Sky Knight out of the pair (yeah, really) but he'll be slow and has a low strength growth. Beruka also doesn't get any classes out of the pair.

Azura!Soleil Soleil will be very fragile, so be very careful with her.

Nyx!Nina Nina gets Diviner, and also becomes a magic user. Niles and Nyx don't get anything out of the pair, so it limits your options.

Thanks in advance for your help! 

I didn't see Odin!Elise in there, but that pair is fine too.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:56 AM, Lampy said:

Welp, the thread I made a few days ago was not helpful. I'll try my luck here.

Anyway, I'm currently planning my pairings for my Revelation run. The kids are my top priority. The following pairings are set in stone:

Silas x Hinoka (Sophie gets good mods and classes. Also I liked her parents' supports)

Kaze x Mozu (I've heard of 100% Miracle and became interested)

Ryoma x Camilla (Shiro likes these mods)

Takumi x Oboro (bc OTP)

Xander x Charlotte (Partially because it helps Midori's 100% miracle set)

Leo x Sakura (This incarnation of Forrest outclasses Felicia!Forrest due to a better third class option)

Odin x Elise (I've heard great things) It's fine.

Niles x Setsuna (I know Nina is better off with a Magic mom but I feel a very strong pull towards this one)

Not 100% sure about these ones

Saizo x Orochi Asugi becomes extremely magic focused, make sure you recruit him early so you can put him in a magic class to use his high growth.

Kaden x Azura (Seems pretty good for both kids)  Sky Knight doesn't help Selkie push offense and Shigure's okay with Rally Magic. Selkie probably wants to fix her durability or push her offensive power up and Azura doesn't really help with that.

Hinata x Selena (More sword classes for everyone. Hinata will probably perform better as a Hero than a Swordmaster too) If you're not buying skills you might still want to leave Hinata in Swordmaster because it covers his weaknesses very well. It's good for Hisame though.

Azama x Kagero (Lots of strength) I've been disappointed in the past by low MT weapons, no raised speed cap and no good procs to start, but you can fix some of those with marriage.

Subaki x Rinkah (I originally wanted to pair him up with Selena, but no one else wants to suffer the consequences of Rinkah being their mother) TBF It helps Caeldori become bulkier while also giving her more speed. This is fine.

Hayato x Nyx It's fine.

Benny x Beruka (Only child Beruka doesn't mess up?) Beruka can work with other parents, but her speed will make Ignatius Benny 2.0 and that's fine. Pass down Savage Blow and make Ignatius the safest man to lead a charge against a group of enemies and weaken them all.

Keaton x Effie (I originally wanted to marry Velouria to +Str -Lck Corrin but I may change that. In case I will, would Hana be a good choice?) I think either choice would be fine for Corrin. 

Arthur x Peri (I'm really on the fence with this one, since Arthur doesn't get anything, but Percy seems to turn out pretty well) It really depends on what you're doing with Arthur, but Percy should be fine.

Laslow x Hana (I can live with the terrible defense mod, Soleil likes Samurai and she looks amazing with Hana's hair) Her HP also isn't great, but hopefully Swordfaire will make up for it? Have Hana pass Renewal and Soleil might turn out fine.

Which would mean Felicia will go to the trash can also known as Jakob. As a result Dwyer will become Jack of all trades (not the good type), but it's not like I care for Dwyer to begin with. As long as you're okay with it, it's fine.

Criticism will be greatly appriciated.

16 hours ago, Bane said:

stuff

Thanks for the criticism, but I actually changed alot of my pairings a few days ago.

Unchanged from before:

Jakob x Felicia

Silas x Hinoka

Kaze x Mozu

Ryoma x Camilla

Takumi x Oboro

Saizo x Orochi

Kaden x Azura (I'm open to changing this one but I don't know what to change into)

Azama x Kagero

Hayato x Nyx

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Sakura

Odin x Elise

Laslow x Hana (was thinking about having Hana buddy Effie and pass down Pavise, but Renewal seems like a good skill to pass down as well)

Niles x Setsuna

Changed pairings:

Hinata x Peri

Subaki x Selena (I originally wanted to do this one, and now I can)

Benny x Rinkah (Same def mod as Beruka, but also an extra point in resistance, though its growth is... Not great)

Keaton x Beruka (One of Beruka's better kids. Speed issues can be fixed by having Keaton buddy Benny and pass down Wary Fighter)

Arthur x Effie

And I decided Corrin will marry Mitama and I will choose Lancer as his talent, because Mitama needs a better class.

I should mention that this list isn't optimal. This is mostly for fun more than anything, while still trying to make most of the kids good.

Edited by Lampy

6 hours ago, Lampy said:

Changed pairings:

Hinata x Peri I think this is fine. Hinata gets another Sword class, Peri can use Swordfaire, Hinata can switch into a high move class and keep his sword rank. 

Subaki x Selena (I originally wanted to do this one, and now I can) I think it would be good to recruit Caeldori early so you can swap her into Mercenary for better bulk long term, but this pair is fine.

Benny x Rinkah (Same def mod as Beruka, but also an extra point in resistance, though its growth is... Not great) The bulky classes passed between all 3 are mutually beneficial, Ignatius could swap to Axes and Oni Savage 

Keaton x Beruka (One of Beruka's better kids. Speed issues can be fixed by having Keaton buddy Benny and pass down Wary Fighter) Beruka won't get anything out of the pair, but Savage Blow synergizes well with Grisly Wound and Velouria and she can be the bulky first attack into a group of enemies.

Arthur x Effie It's a good pair all around, if you recruit Percy early pass HP+5 and Defense+2 because his HP won't ever be high.

And I decided I will marry Mitama and choose Lancer as my talent, because Mitama needs a better class. It's a Corrin pair, it's fine.

If you're on the fence about Kaden/Azura you can do a 3 way trade to Kaden/Peri, Hinata/Selena, Subaki/Azura. Selkie gets a bit more Str, Sped, and Res to fight mages. Hinata gets a bulkier sword class, Selena gets a faster sword class to play to her strengths, and Hinata remains a bulky swordsman. Caeldori behaves as you expect Sky Knights to: low defense, high speed.

1 hour ago, Bane said:

If you're on the fence about Kaden/Azura you can do a 3 way trade to Kaden/Peri, Hinata/Selena, Subaki/Azura. Selkie gets a bit more Str, Sped, and Res to fight mages. Hinata gets a bulkier sword class, Selena gets a faster sword class to play to her strengths, and Hinata remains a bulky swordsman. Caeldori behaves as you expect Sky Knights to: low defense, high speed.

I'm not too bothered by Beruka not getting a new class, because again, this list isn't optimal (Otherwise I wouldn't pair up Takumi with Oboro).

I should probably mention that I'm planning to pass down skills that the kids don't otherwise have access to (Which is part of the reason I decided on Kagero!Mitama over Effie!Mitama, since while it would be akward to learn, Kagero can buddy Rinkah for Death Blow access), so I probably won't pass down HP+5 to Percy since he can get it pretty easily. But thanks for telling me, I'll make sure to reclass into Fighter once I get him for this HP+5.

As for Kaden/Azura, thanks for the offer, but I'm not too stressed about changing it as much as I'm thinking about the points you're making, because Revelations pairings is a topic I spend way too much time thinking about (I spend most of my free time staring at the celling rather than progressing in Conquest because of that), so I try to change it as little as possible.

As for your suggestions, I specifically want Subaki to be with Selena in this playthrough because while I know it's not the best pairing, I still want to do it for the Awakening throwback. I also have an issue with Subaki/Azura since Subaki passes down Samurai to Shigure, and it's the only class he gets from an A+ support, so as a result he will only have 4 classes to access. My issue with Kaden/Peri will probably sound silly, but I really don't want Kaden (one of my favorite characters) to marry Peri (one of my least favorites). I don't like Keaton x Peri/Camilla and Takumi x Camilla for the same reason, despite being really good in-game. I'm also very picky on the amount of Revelation exclusive pairings I have, so there is that. Silly, but that's just what I'm like - I care about gameplay alot, but in the end, I prioritize story elements.

Sorry if I came off as prickish in any way. I also apologize if I wasted your time.

25 minutes ago, Lampy said:

Sorry if I came off as prickish in any way. I also apologize if I wasted your time.

I don't mind, as long as you like what you're doing it's fine. 

Okay so I changed my pairings a little bit. It's a rather small change but I still feel like updating you guys. Warning: Lots of text so I'm putting this in spoiler.

Spoiler

Neutral:

+Str -Def Corrin (Lancer talent) x Kagero!Mitama - This is a placeholder for now since I'm really not sure who will be Kana's mom, but I'm currently leaning towards this one. Mitama's class pool sucks so she's gonna be stuck as a Priestess and sit in the back until she and Corrin reach S-Support. Once that's done, I'll change her into a Spear Master. Kana doesn't really want Shrine Maiden but Renewal is nice. Mitama will pass down Death Blow, while I'm not too sure what Corrin will pass down since there are ALOT of options. Kana will end up as a Spear Master.

Jakob x Felicia - I had nowhere else to place Felicia, but I figured "Dwyer is generally considered to be the worst kid, and Jakob doesn't deserve a good wife because he's a jerk" so I decided to place Felicia here. Jakob will pass down something from the Archer tree and Felicia will pass down something from the Dark mage tree. I have no idea what to do with Dwyer for a final class.

Silas x Hinoka - This pairing is perfect in my opinion. Silas likes Hinoka's pair up bonuses and vice versa, they benefit from each other's classes AND Sophie turns out really well. I also liked their supports and Sophie looks great with Hinoka's hair. Anyway, Silas will pass down Swordfaire, while Hinoka will pass down Rend Heaven (Because she already has Lancefaire in my Birthright file so I can just buy that from her). Final class will probably be Paladin.

Kaze x Mozu - From what I've seen, Midori's best moms are usually Azura or Mozu. I chose Mozu because Shigure doesn't seem to benefit from Kaze that much aside from +7 spd. No idea what either parents will pass down, but her final class will be Basara for 100% miracle (I'll have her buddy Selkie for that).

Hoshido:

Ryoma x Camilla - Why hello there +5 Str and +4 Def Wyvern Lord Camilla pair up bonuses. I'm expecting Ryoma to transform from broken into an all out god. Shiro is already great by the virtue of existence and giving him Camilla is just being evil. Ryoma will pass down something from the Cavalier or Pegasus Knight tree, while Camilla will probably pass down Lifetaker. Shiro is so versatile I just don't know in what class he'll end up.

Takumi x Oboro - Yes, I know it's a waste because everyone and their mother father wants the Spear Fighter tree and Takumi and Kiragi already have that class by default, but I'm not optimizing so it doesn't matter too much. The reason why I'm pairing them up should speak for itself. Kiragi seems to turn out well though since Oboro fixes his speed problems (0 spd is better than negative speed IMO) and he gets another bow wielding class. Takumi will probably pass down Lifetaker because Kiragi can get Samurai skills by buddying Hisame (It's his only good buddy class IMO) and the only valuable skill he can get from Troubadour is Tomebreaker, which I can buy from my Hana!Kiragi in Birthright. Oboro will buddy Rinkah for Death Blow because I'm evil. Final class will likely be Sniper.

Saizo x Orochi - Orochi is bad for alot of kids because of her -2 spd mod, but Asugi can buddy Ignatius to get Wary Fighter so that it won't matter as much (Hopefully Saizo won't get Strength screwed so that Asugi's base Str will be usable to make it a less akward grind), and thanks to his high Magic growth (50%, it's higher than his Str growth by 5 points), he will make good use of Orochi's magic. Like we're talking 57.5% magic growth without bonuses. He will also have the highest SKL mod of any non-Corrin child. Saizo will pass down Shurikenbreaker, and Orochi will pass down either Seal Resistance or Death Blow depending on Asugi's final class, which will be either Master Ninja or Basara (Because the Flame Shuriken cannot crit. However I might make him a Basara to make use of both Str and Mag mods, which are both good)

-I might swap Saizo and Jakob's pairings because while Felicia gives less Magic, she does give a respectable +3 mag mod, as well as more speed, and Dwyer can be a genuinely good Strategist with Orochi as his mom. Not likely but I'm thinking about it.

Kaden x Hana - First change from last time. The resulting Selkie is basically the Azura pairing (Which I listed last time) on Steroids - she gives the same Skl and Def with one less point in Spd, BUT she gives 1 more point in Str and Res, with 1 less Lck, but it's not Midori so that's pretty irrelevant. On top of that she passes the Samurai class which is better than Azura's Sky Knight by a large margin. Kaden will pass down Death Blow (I regrettably married him to Rinkah in BR but at least I can buy it from him and have him pass it down) and Hana will pass down Renewal. Final class will be Nine-tails.

Hinata x Peri - Poor Hisame. He has an embarrassing father and a childish psycho for a mother. No wonder he turned out the way he did. Hinata and Peri both get a class that uses their sword rank and offers them decent skills, while Hisame gets decent mods (-1 skl kinda sucks but oh well) and classes. Hinata will pass down Lifetaker, and Peri will pass down Shurikenbreaker because Ninjas are annoying. Final class will probably be Swordmaster but I might change that because he has some good options.

Azama x Kagero - Yes, I know Effie!Mitama is the same except she passes down a better class and she gives speed over res, but I still want easy access to Death Blow, which is something Effie can't provide. She will probably be Kana's mother as I said before. Azama will pass down something from the Fighter tree because Arthur is his only source for a good class, and Kagero will pass down Death Blow. Final class will be Spear Master, which is a marriage class.

Subaki x Selena - Yes, I know it's not the best pairing, but I read somewhere that it can still work just fine. And even if it doesn't, this is my playthrough, so I do what I want. I won't bother to explain why these two are together because you probably know already. Not sure what to pass down yet, and leaning towards Hero for her final class.

Hayato x Nyx - Rhajat gets +5 on both Mag and Spd as well as a new Magic class. That's good enough for me. Nyx will pass down Certain Blow because of Rhajat's pitiful Skill, and I dunno what Hayato will pass down. Final class will be Witch if I bother to buy the DLC.

Nohr:

Xander x Charlotte - +8 Str and +5 Spd in pair up, good support chain, and Siegbert gets good mods. It's an easy choice. Charlotte passes down Death Blow and Xander passes down whatever. Final class has yet to be determined.

Leo x Sakura - Probably the best version of Forrest because of his great classes and high Magic mod. Leo will pass down Certain Blow because of Forrest's low Skill growth, and I'm not too sure about what Sakura will pass down. As for his final class... I guess Onmyouji?

Benny x Rinkah - One of the few cases in which Rinkah is actually a good mother for someone. She gives him the same amount of Def as Beruka, but also an extra point in Res. Negative Skl is somewhat of a bummer and the Spd boost is irrelevant because Ignatius will probably still need Wary Fighter is usually the safest route to take, but he still seems pretty solid. Rinkah will probably make a good General, too. Benny passes down Quixotic (For Pavise/Aegis, still on the fence because it's a double edged sword) or Rend Heaven from his only buddy class, and Rinkah will pass down Lancefaire or Seal Defense. Final class will be General.

Keaton x Beruka - This one may seem a bit odd, but I had to give Beruka to someone since Benny is taken, so I decided on Velouria, because she needs some skill and her Str is already very high so she doesn't mind Beruka's -1 str. She can also combine Grisley Wound with Savage Blow for post-battle damage. She will be slow though, so Keaton will buddy Benny and pass down Wary Fighter, and I'm not sure about Beruka. No reason to make her final class anything other than Wolfssenger imo.

Arthur x Effie - This one speaks for itself. Not sure what to pass down to Percy or what his final class will be.

Odin x Elise - Pretty much Elise's best pairing because she hurts most other children, and Ophelia benefits from her high Mag, Lck, and Res. The support chain is also quite nice. Odin will pass down Shurikenbreaker, while Elise will pass down either Miracle (Is that a good idea? I mean, she has high luck) or Tomefaire. Final class will be Witch, but only if I buy the DLC.

Laslow x Azura - Another change from last time. Shigure becomes a good Rallybot, and Soleil gets good stats for a glass canon - very simillar to Hana, but no Samurai unfortunately. Oh well, I can buy skills if I want to. To Shigure, both parents pass down rallys (Str and Mag), and to Soleil, Azura passes down Renewal, but I dunno about Laslow. Soleil will end up as a Master Ninja and Shigure will end up as a Falcon Knight (Um... I'm kinda ignorant about the metagame... Falcon Knight is a good Rallybot class, right?)

Niles x Setsuna - Yes, I want to go with a Physical Nina. I know she's somewhat lacking as a physical attacker, but I still want to make her one. She gets a whopping +7 Spd mod as well as the Archer tree, in which she can make use of her naturally good Bow Rank. Setsuna passes down Astra, and I dunno what Niles should pass down. Final class will obviously be Sniper.

Help with children pairings will be appriciated.

Not sure my OCD will forgive me for having 4 Hoshido x Nohr pairings and 3 Nohr x Hoshido pairings though.

Edited by Lampy

4 hours ago, dpc said:

Call me old-fashioned but the concept of the Avatar potentially marrying their adoptive siblings or their cousin... that kinda grosses me out.

I completely agree.

But you know what grosses me out even more? Them marrying their adoptive siblings' kid.

• 3 weeks later...

How should I work out pairings?

There's a tool online that allows me to see what the growths are with certain pairings, as well as their bonus stats.  And also what they would be with certain classes (It's located here if you're interested).  I've been doing charts with the fathers, and what each mother brings to the table, and comparing each mother side by side.

The problem is that some mothers (like Azura) work well for multiple children, and some...don't (Looking at you, Felicia).  And since I don't put a mother in the chart if I already chosen she would be the best mother for X child, it all comes down to the order I do them in.

Is there a way I can fix this, to make sure I get the best pairings?  I'm doing an 11 unit run (Corrin and 10 others)+ children, and I'm using the pairings to help decide which 10 it should be.

Edited by jdb1984

• 2 months later...

Hey guys!

I'm going to start playing FE Revelation soon as a male avatar. I lurked around several places and pieced together this list of pairing. The avatar will be male with strength boon and defense bane. His talent class is as Spear Fighter. His partner will be Velouria with Camilla as her mom. 

So far this is the pairing list I've pieced together. Please let me know what I can adjust to make the pairing even better. It can be anything, from buddy seal to bane/bone and etc. Thank you in advance for your time! : )

Main pairings:

Male Avatar (+STR/-DEF Spear Fighter) x Camilla!Velouria. Velouria’s A+: Sophie

(Honestly I haven't planned who my Avatar will A+ with...)

Laslow x Azura - Laslow's A+: Xander. Azura's A+: Elise

Kaze x Mozu - Kaze's A+: Silas. Mozu's A+: Oboro

Silas x Peri - Silas' A+: Ryoma. Peri's A+: Kagero

Jakob x Rinkah - Jakob's A+: Takumi. Rinkah's A+: Charlotte

Xander x Hinoka - Xander's A+: Ryoma. Hinoka's A+: Sakura

Leo x Sakura - Leo's A+: Odin. Sakura's A+: Hana

Keaton x Camilla - Keaton's A+: Benny. Camilla's A+: Hinoka

Niles x Elise - Niles' A+: Subaki. Elise's A+: Sakura

Arthur x Kagero - Arthur's A+: Benny. Kagero's A+: Rinkah

Odin x Orochi - Odin's A+: Laslow. Orochi's A+: Rinkah

Benny x Beruka - Benny's A+: Hayato. Beruka's A+: Oboro

Ryoma x Setsuna - Ryoma's A+: Xander. Setsuna's A+: Selena

Takumi x Hana - Takumi's A+: Leo. Hana's A+: Effie

Hayato x Nyx - Hayato's A+: Fuga. Nyx's A+: Mozu

Azama x Effie - Azama's A+: Arthur. Effie's A+: Hana

Kaden x Charlotte - Kaden's A+: Hinata. Charlotte's A+: Rinkah

Hinata x Selena - Hinata's A+: Odin. Selena's A+: Peri

Subaki x Oboro - Subaki's A+: Saizo. Oboro's A+: Beruka

Saizo x Felicia - Saizo's A+: Laslow. Felicia's A+: Flora

Child Pairings:

Kanna x Hisame - Kanna’s A+: Midori. Hisame's A+: Percy

(Is there a better partner for Kanna? Hisame was moved here as afterthought of process of elimination...)

Rhajat x Forrest - Rhajat’s A+: Selkie. Forrest's A+: Ignatius

Ignatius x Caeldori - Ignatius' A+: Asugi. Caeldori's A+: Nina

Percy x Soleil - Percy's A+: Hisame. Soleil's A+: Sophie

Midori x Siegbert - Midori's A+: Selkie. Siegbert's A+: Shiro

Nina x Asugi - Nina's A+: Caeldori. Asugi's A+: Shiro

Mitama x Dwyer - Mitama's A+: Soleil. Dwyer's A+: Asugi

Ophelia x Shigure - Ophelia's A+: Midori. Shigure's A+: Hisame

Sophie x Shiro - Sophie's A+: Caeldori. Shiro's A+: Asugi

Selkie x Kiragi - Selkie's A+: Midori. Kiragi's A+: Dwyer

Thank you again for your time! : )

• 11 months later...

I remember having a discussion about how Fire Emblem could've handled marriage better, instead of just trying to cover it up or whatever, and I heard something shocking: Midori, of all characters, can unlock Kana's paralogue by pairing with a male Avatar. But Midori, due to her size and maturity, seems to be only 11-12 years max. And how would a girl her age and size be physically capable of handling the process of childbirth? I've also noticed that whenever a character achieves an S-Support, the child paralogue is unlocked immediately, and neither the mother or father are affected in any way other than gaining more Pair-Up stat boosts. It seems the game does not account for the mother's pregnancy period and childbirth.

While it is possible that the mother and father could've just been in the Deeprealms for a year or two to recover physically and also look after the child, it still could've taken more than an hour in the real world, because if that was the case, you would have the parents rushing to visit them every hour or two, especially in Kana's case, which seems rather impractical. Moreover, Kaze tells Midori the Dragon Herbs grow back every year, which in Midori's case, is "forever". This perception of forever is most likely a few decades at most, because Midori had 1) managed to harvest a Dragon Herb in her lifetime (which isn't very long at this point as I've already made a logical conclusion about Midori's age) and 2) Midori worries about Kaze dying rather than her getting old and dying of old age (which even she should understand, given her size and the fact that she's an able-bodied combatant, which is why I say 11-12 years max, plus the fact that in the Middle Ages kids would understand these things a lot better due to the harsh reality of things). Another clue could be given in Hisame's Paralogue, Hinata mentions the last time he visited was days or weeks ago. At that time, Hisame was a child, possibly 5-11 years of age, and in days or weeks, he's in his late teens max. Using this, I can calculate the maximum time difference: 1 day in reality = 10 years in a deeprealm. This means 2 hours 24 minutes to a year. A mother would be out of action for at least a year and nine months, since the battling is so dangerous for pregnant mothers and unborn children, and you also have to account for the time it would've taken from getting the S-Support to becoming pregnant.

This means one thing: Second-gen characters were not born by conventional means.
Think about it: The Avatar can create what's called "Bond Units" with other Avatars. These "Bond Units" were said to be "born from the ground". So it is entirely possible that second-gen characters were created in this way or similar. This also explains Kana if the Avatar married a second-gen unit or a younger character. In this case, the Avatar and their spouse just wanted to be together and one of them wanted a kid so the Avatar magically created the little miracle out of love (they don't call them "Bond" Units for no reason, you know).

So the possibility of the second-gen units being created rather than born comes to mind, and seems rather possible. It may also explain consistencies with the units, as to how they are almost always tied to the father, inheriting only the hair colour from the mother, and pretty much stay the same in personality and stuff, regardless of their secondary parent. But however the second-gen units are actually born is anyone's guess.

But what about Niles and Rajaht? Why do they not unlock Kana's Paralogue if chosen as a gay option? How does that match up with the Avatar being able to create Bond Units with another Avatar?
This could be well due to the nature of the bond between the two characters in question. Perhaps it's also because both genders are needed to create a child even artificially, depending on the method. However, Bond Units are an exception because both Avatars, being direct descendants of Anankos and being able to create life, have more power than an Avatar and a normal unit.

But this is only a theory, and I reckon it's not a strong theory either, if you put Gameplay and Story Segregation into the mix. Now the challenge is for you to come up with the method of second-gen childbirth.

Alternative theory: The Deeprealms really DID act like time machines, and the time difference was so big that the children actually existed in the deeprealms before the mother had even gotten pregnant (which could've been over a decade later, depending on the parents' ages), much like in Awakening, and at that time the marriages served to be only like opposite gender A+ supports, if you know what I mean. Really though, Intelligent Systems could've handled this much, much better. If they didn't worry about this so much and didn't try to "cover it up", then we wouldn't be so suspicious about it.

Note: This can't be a necropost if it's a pinned topic, right?

Edited by WeAreNewcastle1053

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, I am on my first play through on Revelations (I completed Birthright and Conquest first) and I’m going for all the children I can and leveling them up to level 1 of their upgraded class. However I wasn’t using my head and I missed out on aptitude on a few of them. Some I’ve been able to find through seizing and taking a skill from other people’s but certain children are very hard to find, let alone with aptitude. I have about 60-70 characters on “lock” already to get skills early on in games. I have all DLC so getting the gold and extra exp needed to test out which units I like best. I’ve found many of the children units to often be better than their parents.... for instance idk if it’s because who I paired Azura with but my Shiguere(?) is easily one of my best units. He has above average to great stats on pretty much every skill. I’m playing in hard and he can take on pretty much anything with just a dual and a guard naginata or lance or whatever it’s called. 

Either way im rambling now but if someone is willing to help me get a few of my rare children aptitude id appreciate it. If someone can I’ll post which children need aptitude, thanks guys! 

17 hours ago, McFerguson said:

Either way im rambling now but if someone is willing to help me get a few of my rare children aptitude id appreciate it. If someone can I’ll post which children need aptitude, thanks guys! 

You can easily get aptitude by marrying Mozu to the male that will give you the child you want, clear their Paralogue, and if they didn't get Aptitude even then, use a Heart Seal to reclass them into a Villager, then let 'em gain a level or two. The problem is that if this was the case, then you should get this child early on so their level isn't so high so that you reach Level 20 before you can learn Aptitude (because you lost your chance to get that skill).

I have a few save files where I paired up Mozu and Hayato to get Rhajat, and at least one of the files has a pre-promote Rhajat, which I could give Aptitude to. And I have both Birthright and Revelation (don't have Conquest, but eh, it doesn't matter much...), so I could get you a few Aptitude child units with some grinding and extra save files. You can just tell me which ones you want and I can, in some time, get them for you... hopefully.

Poor Mozu, being paired up with so many people in different timelines just for this ability... now you know how Pokémon feel when they are constantly breeding just to get a Shiny Pokémon with perfect IVs.