Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

Are sibling S-ranks confirrmed to be explicitly romantic? Could just be "companions" or whatever

Though with the existence of A+ rank supports, that's honestly still pretty bullshit. It basically screams "we don't want to deal with even the implication of homosexuality so we're just going to shove them off into separate support ranks so we don't have to deal with it. Incest is perfectly fine though guys."

I don't even care about supports since they've always just been pandering wish-fulfillment, and it's not like I'm some paragon of social justice either, but this is all really dumb.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are sibling S-ranks confirrmed to be explicitly romantic? Could just be "companions" or whatever

Though with the existence of A+ rank supports, that's honestly still pretty bullshit. It basically screams "we don't want to deal with even the implication of homosexuality so we're just going to shove them off into separate support ranks so we don't have to deal with it. Incest is perfectly fine though guys."

I don't even care about supports since they've always just been pandering wish-fulfillment, and it's not like I'm some paragon of social justice either, but this is all really dumb.

Well, someone posted pics of Kamui's child with Sakura as her mother, so...

And regarding the A+ ranks, we'll probably have to wait until someone actually scans/translates them for us. A+ and S could both be romantic, although only the latter one would grant you children... but that's rather unlikely.

I still dislike the fact that freaking Kamui of all people apparently can't have A+ sups though.

I have a theory regarding the A+ ranks. They are not for Same Sex relationships BUT for possible extra supports bonuses that are not connected to getting hitched. It is very likely that most of the characters have a limited number of supports as opposed to the Avatar who can support with pretty much everyone. So in order to balance things out they can reach A+ Ranks with a certain number of allies yet like the Avatar can only have one S-Rank.

So....

Other units.
- A limited number of A+ Rank supports possible.
- One S-Rank support for marriage and children.

- Can support with every character but cannot reach A+
- One S-Rank support for marriage and children.

If the Avatar can support with everyone and achieve limitless A+ Ranks as well he/she would be broken as hell.

There are links to pics on the release hype thread that state Kamui was fathered by some other guy instead of Sumeragi, which is probably why Kamui can have babies with Sakura...IT'S OKAY THEY'RE ONLY HALF SIBLINGS LOOK AT SELIPH AND JULIA LOL

Thanks for making this thread, it's very helpful! Just wondering, are you holding off on putting Crimson in the OP due to a lack of information or did you just forget?

Pretty much just the lack of info. I'm not sure what side she's on. Same with Mozume.

I checked my email and I had 44 notifications from this topic

If you are not related to your Hoshidan siblings, then it kind of makes the whole "bloodline" or "loyalty" thing seem a little…fake? Well, fake isn't the right word. I don't know. I'm not mad about it, but it seems a little fishy.

But at least everyone can marry Ryoma or Leo now, so there's that.

Hey, the Hoshido stream is over and I compiled all the supports I could find in the Hoshido section.

The Nohr stream is still going on. And it seems we have confirmation Mozume is a character on both sides. I'll have her section up in a bit. I also compiled some of the supports that I found in the Nohr stream.

But for now, I have to take a small break. Sorry everyone. Remember if you have any info feel free to share it here or send me a PM. I prefer PM because it's a bit more orderly.

I think that the thing with A+ supports is that it will cause a paired ending and potentially an implied homo relationship, which I think is a really clever work around. Good on IS for that.

I wonder if it's possible for an A+ support ending to be overridden by an S support. I think that makes sense, because if someone with an A+ support couldn't then get children later, it'd cause some gameplay problems.

Edited by MajorMajora

Do we know about any other children characters yet, and if Kanna changes gender depending on Kamui's?

Yes, Flannel's child Beloa was just posted in the Hype thread, as well as Male Kanna (from Female Kamui and Flannel).

Do you have a post number? If it's no trouble that is.

Yeah.

Beloa: http://i.imgur.com/9eJO2Mj.jpg

Male Kanna: http://i.imgur.com/g507yER.jpg

It looks like the children inherit the non-locked parent's class. Kanna inherited Flannel's Garu and Beloa inherited Kamui's Dark Blood.

Not sure if they come promoted or not, don't know when these shots were taken.

Have we seen any male-male A+ supports?

Here's my theory: Since children are tied to fathers this time around, A+ is a female-female only thing to pair up the 'leftovers' after all the men have been matched up. This explains why Kamui doesn't get A+ supports (Kanna is tied to Kamui, even as female), or why Leon doesn't have A+ with Elise even though Aqua has one with Sakura (assuming A+ and S are mutually exclusive, a male-female A+ would prevent you from getting a child, whereas a female-female A+ doesn't lock you out of any children).

Not as progressive as you thought, huh?

Have we seen any male-male A+ supports?

Here's my theory: Since children are tied to fathers this time around, A+ is a female-female only thing to pair up the 'leftovers' after all the men have been matched up. This explains why Kamui doesn't get A+ supports (Kanna is tied to Kamui, even as female), or why Leon doesn't have A+ with Elise even though Aqua has one with Sakura (assuming A+ and S are mutually exclusive, a male-female A+ would prevent you from getting a child, whereas a female-female A+ doesn't lock you out of any children).

Not as progressive as you thought, huh?

Well I suppose gameplay has to come first. I guess the no A+ for MU is disappointing, but a step forward is a step forward for sure.

Beloa should probably be Velour(s), since Flannel and Velour(s) are both types of fabric.

Also, a slight better pic of Shara.

Hmm... interesting idea about male-male supports. I wasn't paying attention, but it's probably time to rewind Hamayama's stream.

Plus I want to see the My Castle communication menus properly...