Fire Emblem Fates Classes Thread

Sky Soldier

• Crit is weird; it seems mostly accurate for player characters while enemies only get half the bonus and sometimes either allies or enemies have 1 less than they "should"

For that 'one less than they should', are you rounding up or down? It could be that decimals are always rounded down (i.e. a 12.5% chance would be 12% not 13%) which might explain that error.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For that 'one less than they should', are you rounding up or down? It could be that decimals are always rounded down (i.e. a 12.5% chance would be 12% not 13%) which might explain that error.

I've been rounding down at 0.2 and 0.4 and rounding up at 0.6 and 0.8; that seems to give the most even results. Fortunately there's no way to get 0.5. Even messing with the rounding wouldn't fix Hinata; his Skl*0.4 gives 5.2 before rounding and his total is 14, so there's no way to fit a +10 in there.

Also I ran into some Dark Mages that have 9 Skl but only 2 crit even though 9*0.4=3.6, so I don't even know. That could suggest a problem with the multiplier, but messing with it would lead to all sorts of other problems. Lowering the multiplier to Skl/3 still wouldn't be enough with any sort of rounding because 9/3=3 exactly; you could round down to 2 with anything less but you're already getting problems there. I have Sophia as a Great Knight with 24 Skl and 10 crit; 24*0.4=9.6 so making that work without any other adjustments not only requires rounding but if the multiplier went even the tiniest bit below 0.4 it wouldn't work. 24/3 just gives 8.

Regarding DLC classes, the hacked DLC pictures from 4chan show that Cipher alt. Pegasus Knight Minerva has her own Pegasus Knight class, rather than Pegasus Warrior.

MinervaDLC_zpsosynubom.jpg

Its class skills seem to be Relief and Speed +2, like Awakening's Pegasus Knights.

Like I said in the other topic, the interesting point here is that it shows this time IS apparently can easily add new classes that have no set up in the base game, since there's no "Pegasus Knight" class in Fates' data.

The Speed +2 and Relief belong to the Dark Falcon class in this game.

Max stats added!

Hmm, I guess I'll leave out the Critical/Hit rate/etc. boosts until we figure them out.

As always, thanks for your hard work!

I'm curious to know, would those innate boosts go to Base stats, skills or their very own page?

I'm happy to se stat caps are lower by 10-15 compared to Awakening. Overall these seem pretty nicely balanced.

Weapon max ranks being class specific is also interesting addition. Seems like all promoted classes can use Silver weapons and equivalent, but Brave's and their Hoshidan coutnerpart is nicely limited. And only select few S ranks is nice. Also interestingly enough, there seems to be no class with S rank staves

Oh wow, Hp and Luck caps are no longer universal? :<

This is interesting, but also welcome imo. Bulky Berserker or General and Scrawny Sorcerer having same max HP always seemed weird.

Would be funny if Nohr gets all the S-rank weapons, but only Maids, Sorcerers and Berserkers can wield it naturally. And if your Kamui picks a subclass that has access to an S-rank weapon wielding class.

Maids!!

Maids for top tier supporting staffbots

Clearly I'm blind or the mighty Nohrian maids are too stealthy for me to see. Probably the latter.

Would be funny if Nohr gets all the S-rank weapons, but only Maids, Sorcerers and Berserkers can wield it naturally. And if your Kamui picks a subclass that has access to an S-rank weapon wielding class.

I didn't realize this until your brought it up but... It's actually possible for Nohr path to use all S rank weapon types: they get 1 ninja in form of Kaze, Odin reclasses to Samurai and Mozume to Bowman so if Kamui is given Lancer as reclass option... xD

(Hoshido on the other hand... Though if I'm not mistaken they'll only miss S rank tomes. Funny how the side with less S ranking classes can actually use more of them)

One more interesting thing I noticed: for Strength, Luck and Defense, the highest cap is 40 (Berserker, Lodeastar and General, respectively), but for other stats (that are not HP) the highest seems to be about 35. Obviously I'm not counting in the all-40 spoiler classes. I don't remember if it was like this in Awakening as well.

Clearly I'm blind or the mighty Nohrian maids are too stealthy for me to see. Probably the latter.

Nohrian classes page, second section, third class. Below strategist and above garou. And yes, they do indeed have an S rank in staves.

The berserker though, 70 hp, 40 str and S rank axes. Charlotte's gonna kill everything.

Edited by capmalachi

Macbeth as Sorc has access to staves.

Is it an extra skill of some sort? or just in his character data. Class ID is the same as regular sorc.

He doesn't seem to have any skills that would do something out of the ordinary... Strange.

Man these are some interesting max stats, also i would point out that non universal hp has been done before, with radient dawns max stats, RD also had varying luck caps, but it was mostly just a multiple of 5 from 30 to 50 (though 45/50 was just endgame enemies and the herons) unlike this games where it is more of a regular star in its variation. The stats seems to be in between RDs third/2.5 tier in scale and the gba games i guess. But the stats are more balanced than RDs as in the lowest defence class in 14 is tied with the highest defemce of a magic using class on RD.

But i will agree that that beserker seems awesome on paper, though charlotte only has axefaire (and roundhouse for crit) for extra combat damage natually, though sol and tomebreaker should help her survivability.

Nohrian classes page, second section, third class. Below strategist and above garou. And yes, they do indeed have an S rank in staves.

The berserker though, 70 hp, 40 str and S rank axes. Charlotte's gonna kill everything.

lol I found the class earlier already, but somehow missed their staff rank when going through those.

I was just making a joke there =P

For me the craziest thing abour Berserker is that in addition to it's crazy offense and HP, there's no class that can naturally double it. Possibly a couple of playable characters since personal stat caps from Awakening are probably a thing again. Skills and possibly hidden weapons (not sure if any of them come with speed debuffs) seem almost like a necessity against them.

^^Ah, fair enough lol.

But i will agree that that beserker seems awesome on paper, though charlotte only has axefaire (and roundhouse for crit) for extra combat damage natually, though sol and tomebreaker should help her survivability.

Although, with marriage/buddy seals Charlotte can, like most units, get pretty much any skill you might want. Since it's Nohr grinding isn't an option so she isn't going to be a gamebreaker in the story or anything, but with time you could make her an awesome streetpass/multiplayer unit. and hopefully she'll be available in the 3rd route

Edited by capmalachi

Don't hand axes and the like inflict a cannot double and more easily doubled penalty?

If so, it would seem that the Berserker either has the choice of enabling it to fight back against 2 range attacks but making itself more vulernable to being damaged by perhaps finally enabling a double against it, or not equipping the hand axes but at the cost of being able to fight back against attackers.

^^Ah, fair enough lol.

Although, with marriage/buddy seals Charlotte can, like most units, get pretty much any skill you might want. Since it's Nohr grinding isn't an option so she isn't going to be a gamebreaker in the story or anything, but with time you could make her an awesome streetpass/multiplayer unit. and hopefully she'll be available in the 3rd route

I believe all units(That can marry people other then the avatar)are a available in 3rd route.

^^Ah, fair enough lol.

Well that is why i said naturally. Plus i was going from an offence angle, from a survivability angle, sol and tome breaker are great skills for a berserker to have, and battle command is decent support filler as well depending on how it stacks with similar skills. Anyway with marriage seals i think more units would want charlottes fighter/berserker(and to a lesser extent hero for sol) class, than charlotte wanting more skills. So that leaves buddy supports. But on berserkers in general the hoshido players most likely needs to go for a my castle charlotte just to get a berserker as hoshido dosen't get a fighter unless if you go fighter Kaimui. Edited by goodperson707

Harold is looking to be an awesome Berserker with Luna and his personal skill for offence and Diamond Strike and Aegis for defense.

But his luck will be terrible.I mean, more then likely he will have a -luk mod and his personal skill dose not help.

Edited by Azz01

But his luck will be terrible.I mean, more then likely he will have a -luk mod and his personal skill dose not help.

if your avatar choses samurai you could use a seal to get him vantage, than pile on the crit modifiers, two near gaurrenteed crits, possibly added to a proc skill from Harold should kill pretty much everything so you don't need luck at all. Especially if killer weapons are now 4x crits, you are weak to range this way though, but you also could position him so only 2 rangers can get him then use a tomahawk I was hoping he could A rank with Odin but it doesn't appear he can, Oh well.but you could get Vantage with a female Nohr unit or zero/benoit/fanell from odin and somehow get high crit then pair with luna. I wonder how high odin or his kid can get for crit As they get vantage and a crit personal skill.

Edited by goodperson707