ROM Hack and Fan Game Directory

ghast

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there! I recently joined the site and I'm pretty excited. With all the Fire Emblem hacks out there I'm a little bit cautious on choosing which ones to play. Forgive me if I'm wrong but would this be the appropriate place to ask which hack I should play next? A little info for you all if so, my favorite Fire Emblem game is Binding Blade, I beat it on hard mode so I would say I'm up for more challenging hacks. The only hack I have ever played is The Road to Ruin. I enjoyed that hack immensely, I felt it perfectly balanced story and challenging gameplay the same way Binding Blade did.  That's all. Oh, and if I'm if I'm in the wrong spot for this I apologize, I'd appreciate it if you'd redirect me to where these kind of conversations can happen while you're kicking me out :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been playing gba fe games 7 and 8 since they came out and they are two of my favorite gba games.  I have a couple patches for both and they are fun but I'm really wanting to patch in sir serenes fe8 reskin. It looks really interesting.   

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I am doing this on android. I have unzipped it and the game file and tried using unipatcher and rom patcher.  With uni patcher it says it's incompatible and with rom patcher it gives me the csc23 or invalid file type error.  

Help please. I'm really interested in this hack!

Edited by Costam Madscott

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was looking for new hacks to play and realised this didn't help so much and needs updating.

There are at least two finished rom hacks or other fan projects like the Lion Throne since that I've found on the forums that were not on this list.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

helllo i'm playing Fire Emblem 12 english patched version.

I used some cheats like adding all items in the inventory. Thing is I didn't knew that it could screw up the game.

lemme explain, I have in the convoy all spheres a fire emblem and the shield, while i also have the fire emblem you obtain in story with some spheres i obtained through story, now is when the problem comes.

when i click wait the spheres automatically merge with the fire emblem and thus get the shield, then when I go to harding (i'm in chapter 20 btw) i can't kill him simple as that.

there is any way to remove items from the convoy or just add a new lightsphere so i can kill hardin?

thx for any answer.

1 hour ago, Iscrewed said:

helllo i'm playing Fire Emblem 12 english patched version.

I used some cheats like adding all items in the inventory. Thing is I didn't knew that it could screw up the game.

lemme explain, I have in the convoy all spheres a fire emblem and the shield, while i also have the fire emblem you obtain in story with some spheres i obtained through story, now is when the problem comes.

when i click wait the spheres automatically merge with the fire emblem and thus get the shield, then when I go to harding (i'm in chapter 20 btw) i can't kill him simple as that.

there is any way to remove items from the convoy or just add a new lightsphere so i can kill hardin?

thx for any answer.

Just throwing out ideas here, but you could try having a character hold one of the Spheres and get an enemy to kill them to remove it from your inventory.

• 3 months later...

Do we know if redux is ever gonna be finished? Also what about the reverse recruitment? Been watching tons of mangs, ghast and deltre on YouTube and dying to try these hacks but hate playing incomplete stuff. I’m stuck on 1-8 on redux trying to figure out how tf I’m supposed to save the villagers and kill a bloody dragon feral one without Nailah 😵

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

FE6 with the new translation patch its the base game (the one that reads ''The binding blade'' on the title, the older one reads ''Sword of Seals'')

Hack: Project 6 Red

Chapter lenght: doesnt change that at all.

sub-status: Alpha (broken Lilina pallete on promotion)

Description: This small mod (its way too small to be called ''romhack'') its used to give proper stats to Roy (here's a hint: its the sum of eliwood's and ninian's stats divided by 2), a proper promotion (Great Lord got replaced by a minor edit of eliwood's Knight Lord), and proper animation to Lilina. (using oracle_of_fire's Mage Lilina animation: Battle and Spells Animations Thread)

Some minor stuff that I added just because I got bored of the FE6 music was the Precious Things and Enemies appear from FE7

The author of this small mod, is myself (thought that starting with something small might help to avoid stupid errors on the future, with a full scale romhack) and here is the download page:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/d5rzv66ilxim54p/Project_6_Red_0.1.zip/file https://www.mediafire.com/file/d5rzv66ilxim54p/Project_6_Red_0.1.zip/file

Also added the file to the site aswell, in case that mediafire gets in maintenance/account changes.

I think that I should start a page for this small project... might do it later.

Project 6 Red 0.1.zip

Edited by derwolf_
forgot to remove some template text

I've updated the directory. Please let me know what projects are missing. I'm assuming FE8 has had bunch more stuff created since the last update, so please let me know and I'll update it

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I just release a new Fire Emblem 8 Rom hack titled Fire Emblem: The Lonely Mirror. I was unable to post this topic under Fan Projects for some reason - perhaps due to permission as I am new - so I submitted it under Fan Project - Questions. I was wondering if there was a better method of tagging my post or if this forum is the master compilation of projects.

Here is a link to the post with information about the project: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/90518-fire-emblem-the-lonely-mirror-fe8-rom-hack/

Hi ! I'm the creator of Terror Of The Forest ! I'm really happy to see my hack featured here along with so many project by great people, but I believe there's been a mistake : My hack is not finished at all ! Could it be possible to move it to in-progress ? (It's currently right under The Heroes We Deserve, in the FE8 category). Thank you !

• 4 weeks later...

So this is my first post! I have lurked for a long time and thought I would put together a better rebalance for FE7. Since first playing FE7 I hated Hector's promotion and when I later became more interested in gameplay and balance I grew to want a way to bring balance to the GBA's FE games' sword and bow users. Additionally, I don't like the way tomes were increased in weight so drastically after FE6. What is the point of El Fire if it is too heavy for most mages?

Changes:

Hector now promotes to a General like class that uses lances and axes and he dons his brother's armor.

Lyn gets a horse and crit bonus before and after promotion!

Eliwood starts off as a lance cavlier and gains swords upon promotion. His animation is changed in both cases.

Myrmidons now have a crit bonus.

Most bows have had their might increased.

Most tomes have had their weight lowered.

I have to give https://youtu.be/WA4NpcoLGZU credit for Hector and Lyn's animation and Eliwood's animation was made by a Chinese fellow who I cannot find a link for.

I hope all of this is in a good format for y'all.

FE7 Lords Fix2.ips

3 hours ago, bcrafton777 said:

Hector now promotes to a General like class that uses lances and axes and he dons his brother's armor.

So is there like a scene added or something to establish its his brother's armour or something? Because Hector already promotes to a general like class. What's the difference between his new class and an actual General, aside from him having a more advance axe rank going in?

Tried downloading your patch. Made Lyn level 10 and gave her a heaven seal to start to check it out, but promoting her froze the game.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

So is there like a scene added or something to establish its his brother's armour or something? Because Hector already promotes to a general like class. What's the difference between his new class and an actual General, aside from him having a more advance axe rank going in?

Tried downloading your patch. Made Lyn level 10 and gave her a heaven seal to start to check it out, but promoting her froze the game.

Here is a link to Hector's animation - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjr1t0ztomhwmvn/Brave Hector_2018_10_23.rar?dl=0 

As for Lyn freezing the game, that's odd. I'll look into this immediately. I did all of her work late last night and didn't test it like I normally do.

1 hour ago, bcrafton777 said:

Here is a link to Hector's animation - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjr1t0ztomhwmvn/Brave Hector_2018_10_23.rar?dl=0 

As for Lyn freezing the game, that's odd. I'll look into this immediately. I did all of her work late last night and didn't test it like I normally do.

I've tried replacing her with Hector and Eliwood too. Hector freezes the game when trying to promote and Eliwood freezes the game just by merely existing on the map. Whatever build you posted isn't using any of the animations you've included for some reason. Looking through the combat animations all I've found is a stationary item sprite for Lyn and half an attack animation for Hector.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you add my FE1/FE11 Hybrid Remake hack to the list? (https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/92222-fe7-fe1fe11-hybrid-remake/)
The chapter length would be 3; there's two playable Prologues for now and Chapter 1 as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...