The Characters of Fire Emblem Fates [Spoiler]

Kirokan

Well I'm sure someone will eventually cook up a full "perfect" list of averages, but for now, here's what I got

Of course, my method is not 100% accurate since I literally just did "Level x growths", and did not take into account unpromoted stat caps nor promotion bonuses, but what can I say -_- hoho.

So far, for the Hoshido characters only (and not even all of them because I didn't bother)

20/1, Average Rating + HP= 130, Average effective score (HP+SPD+DEF+ Strength or Magic)=78

20/10, 165/97

20/20, 200/117

The shared characters are pretty beastly in their own right, except for maybe Kaze due to his poor defense

For the Hoshido Characters:

Rinkah has the highest defense (hoho)

Sakura and Tsukuyomi are fairly tied for magic users, Orochi may have more actual magic but that's pretty much the only relevant stat she has.

Hana is super strong and fast, but her defense is only barely above Azura and Felicia

Saizou has pretty buff stats all around, but his speed (26) is actually pretty low (Silas has 26, Orochi has 18, and that's it)

Hinoka has mad stats all around, though her Defense isn't as high as it would imply (21 only)

Oboro is slower, but has generally better stats than Hinoka (28 Defense is second highest on the list. Presumably Crimson would have good Defense as well, but I didn't bother to calculate her's)

Takumi is pretty beastly, he also has 25 Defense, and his Str/Spd is 28/29

Kagerou is actually not as good as I'd have hoped, her killer strength is offset by her poor strength cap, and her defenses are only average of sorts (I've yet to actually calculate average Speed/Defense though, oops)

Nishiki is blatantly overpowered, end of story

Ryoma is like Nishiki, just with 1-2 range

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm sure someone will eventually cook up a full "perfect" list of averages, but for now, here's what I got

Of course, my method is not 100% accurate since I literally just did "Level x growths", and did not take into account unpromoted stat caps nor promotion bonuses, but what can I say -_- hoho.

So far, for the Hoshido characters only (and not even all of them because I didn't bother)

20/1, Average Rating + HP= 130, Average effective score (HP+SPD+DEF+ Strength or Magic)=78

20/10, 165/97

20/20, 200/117

The shared characters are pretty beastly in their own right, except for maybe Kaze due to his poor defense

For the Hoshido Characters:

Rinkah has the highest defense (hoho)

Sakura and Tsukuyomi are fairly tied for magic users, Orochi may have more actual magic but that's pretty much the only relevant stat she has.

Hana is super strong and fast, but her defense is only barely above Azura and Felicia

Saizou has pretty buff stats all around, but his speed (26) is actually pretty low (Silas has 26, Orochi has 18, and that's it)

Hinoka has mad stats all around, though her Defense isn't as high as it would imply (21 only)

Oboro is slower, but has generally better stats than Hinoka (28 Defense is second highest on the list. Presumably Crimson would have good Defense as well, but I didn't bother to calculate her's)

Takumi is pretty beastly, he also has 25 Defense, and his Str/Spd is 28/29

Kagerou is actually not as good as I'd have hoped, her killer strength is offset by her poor strength cap, and her defenses are only average of sorts (I've yet to actually calculate average Speed/Defense though, oops)

Nishiki is blatantly overpowered, end of story

Ryoma is like Nishiki, just with 1-2 range

Yeah, seems like you probably want to reclass Kagerou into something more useful. A+ with Setsuna would give her better weapons if not a better cap, and A+ with Rinkah to get her into Shura/Blacksmith seems like a solid option as well. I'm actually partial to a Hinata S-Rank so that you can get Samurai access. Swordfaire, Line of Death and Weapon Master seem good skills/class for her.

Invisible Kingdom Yukimura seems to be the biggest mystery right now, second only to Anna. We know that he can be recruited in Birthright, but either he is or isn't recruitable in Invisible Kingdom.

So it seems he isnt playable in the 3rd Route :(

Do you know for sure?

No, im not sure but since nobody got him yet and he is neither listed on The recruitment page. So i assume he isnt avaible in The 3rd Route

Edited by Crisstian

No, im not sure but since nobody got him yet and he is neither listed on The recruitment page. So i assume he isnt avaible in The 3rd Route

It still could be possible to recruit him via spotpass or perhaps no one has figured out requirements yet. Anna's still haven't been figured out so it's not impossible.

Pining for hope because husbando. ;__;

I'm currently planning on making a more comprehensive version of the stat tables, the only thing is that I don't particularly feel like making a classless table of averages. However, there are some uh..noticeable, (at least in my opinion) differences between the classes, and then this causes so many issues.

For example, aesthetically I prefer Hinoka to be a Pegasus. However statistically, I think the Lance Fighter class growths are superior though. So here the question would be, should her averages be calculated as a Pegasus, or Lance Fighter? Such problems.

Also the whole Avatar and White/Dark Blood thing. I personally just "make a specialized version", it's not outright taking the average growths of the three classes, but similar.

That and the you know, Avatar having different assets and flaws.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

My mistake.

It seems you only need one Puppet at Level 3 or one Turret at Level 3 for Yukimura and Flora. Didn't realise only the Magic Turret is available in Nohr (and not the Kunai and Bow types).

So it's an "or" requirement rather than an "and".

My mistake.

It seems you only need one Puppet at Level 3 or one Turret at Level 3 for Yukimura and Flora. Didn't realise only the Magic Turret is available in Nohr (and not the Kunai and Bow types).

So it's an "or" requirement rather than an "and".

Okay, that explains things. I'd been wondering where those other turrets were. :p

Regarding recruitment, Nacht is the boss in Sophie's Paralogue and Gazzak is the boss in Foleo's. I think Haitaka is the boss of Nohr Ch9 but I'm not certain.

Edited by Othin

Yes Haitaka is in Nohr 9

For those who are "interested", I've finished compiling my list of stats at 20/1, 20/10, 20/20 for selected classes only.

I don't particularly feel like computing the numbers for Invisible Kingdom since I don't think there would be that much difference (even at most I suppose it'd be a 5 stat difference, but I'm a lazy bum)

You can find it here, under "Stats LY":

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BqeVX2KLY8DcKrHhVM1Rp4WZBiBNtjMxRKDB7fK8lrQ/edit?usp=sharing

I've heard a rumor about how Kotarou is Saizou's father. Is this true?

Isn't he the one who killed Saizou's father (or at least was responsible for it)? His support with Kaze implies that Fuuma was responsible for his father's death. Though I don't know the exact details.

Edited by Ryo

I've heard a rumor about how Kotarou is Saizou's father. Is this true?

Saizou and Suzukaze were born to a "Royal serving" Hoshidan ninja clan. Their father was killed by someone in the independent ninja country of Fuuma, it is not specified who killed him but he was killed there. (And so was Saizou's right eye.)

This is just a random thought, but since Mitama has starry eyes and Asama never opens his eyes, do you think Asama also has starry eyes? (We might never know for sure unless there's some offical art with his eyes open.)

Edited by Fuzzlekins

I'm starting to go a little crazy after staring down rows and rows of stat related numbers that I might not even care as much about in the end

Like, what classes to choose, etc.

Of note is that most Spellcasters are better off going Basara, because Basara trades off a bit of Magic or so for superior defenses.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what else to say, except things like, don't choose Falco/Golden Kite because they kinda suck.

There's the whole hog of choosing A+ and then the entirety of the S options but I honestly cannot be bothered to do the whole thing

(Why am I even doing silly things like "Hana Exorcist" in the first place? Sigh)

Update

My own personal suggestions: (Only done some characters so far)

Update 2: Updated with considerations for magic weapons. It's really minor anyway

Mozume: Will be great as anything. Just don't choose Golden Kite

Silas: Balanced at everything. Paladin/GK is more tanky, but slow, Hero/Bow Knight are faster

Kaze: Elite Ninja/Trueblade, the other two options don't really offer much

Hinoka: Holy Lancer is slightly superior to Basara.

Takumi: Holy Bowman, it's really "obvious"

Sakura: Exorcist, so she can actually do some damage. It's probably more versatile than War Priestess with Shining Bow anyway

Rinkah: Shura/Blacksmith, both are similar statwise, so it's dependent on your style

Hana: Trueblade is technically superior

Saizou: Will do well as anything. He'll have some speed issues outside of Elite Ninja/Trueblade though

Orochi: Basara. Basara actually has some modicum of defense, but her speed is just atrocious (2nd lowest in the game AFAIK). Even with Magic Weapons, Basara is still kinda superior. (and Basaras can use Shinrai Naginata as well anyway)

Asama: Will do well as anything, except Exorcist

Tsukuyomi: Basara>Exorcist due to defense. Tsukuyomi actually has the strength to go Shura/Blacksmith, if that's your thing

Oboro: Will do well as anything. Great Merchant is slow, however

Hinata: Trueblade, anything else gives him lousy speed

Kagerou: Will do well as anything except Exorcist (for obvious reasons)

Nishiki: Fox presumably. Basara if you want more versatility.

Characters who are "a cut below the rest"

Subaki: Trueblade. His stats just won't cut it.

Setsuna: Holy Bowman? Her stats aside from Speed are pretty sad

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Got an inquiry about how Flora is recruited. I've seen conflicting info as to the exact workings:

-The Serenes site page for Nohr recruitments implies that a level 3 Magic Turret is required, no other turret will do

-The Serenes site page for Invisible Kingdom recruitments implies that any of the Bow Turret, Magic Turret, or Kunai Turret require a level 3 upgrade

-Flora's page on the wiki ( http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Flora#Starting_stats_and_growth_rates) states that all three of the Bow Turret, Magic Turret, and Kunai Turret have to reach level 3

It's pretty clear at least one of these is wrong, and I suspect the wiki page (which, for the record, I didn't initially write that entry--otherwise I wouldn't even be making this inquiry). Can anyone clear up as to how Flora's recruitment fully works? Thanks.

Got an inquiry about how Flora is recruited. I've seen conflicting info as to the exact workings:

-The Serenes site page for Nohr recruitments implies that a level 3 Magic Turret is required, no other turret will do

-The Serenes site page for Invisible Kingdom recruitments implies that any of the Bow Turret, Magic Turret, or Kunai Turret require a level 3 upgrade

-Flora's page on the wiki ( http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Flora#Starting_stats_and_growth_rates) states that all three of the Bow Turret, Magic Turret, and Kunai Turret have to reach level 3

It's pretty clear at least one of these is wrong, and I suspect the wiki page (which, for the record, I didn't initially write that entry--otherwise I wouldn't even be making this inquiry). Can anyone clear up as to how Flora's recruitment fully works? Thanks.

Flora's recruitment requires building a turret up to level 3, just as Yukimura's recruitment requires building a puppet up to level 3. However, in Nohr route, the only turret available is the Magic Turret, so you have to go with that one, while in Invisible Kingdom you can choose your turret just like how in Hoshido you can choose your puppet for getting Yukimura. So yes, Serenes is correct about Flora's recruitment on both routes.

Serenes previously listed all three turrets as being required for recruiting Flora in both Nohr and Invisible Kingdom and all three puppets as being required for recruiting Yukimura in Hoshido, before it turned out that that was a misunderstanding and not even possible in Nohr. So that's probably where the wiki got that from.

Edited by Othin

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a random thought, but since Mitama has starry eyes and Asama never opens his eyes, do you think Asama also has starry eyes? (We might never know for sure unless there's some offical art with his eyes open.)

It's actually confirmed Asama has the starry eyes too in their supports

​
Asama: If it wasn’t for my eyelids, my eyes would look just like yours.
​

Does anyone have Mozume's paralogue translated? Also, does anyone have a link to Kinu's translated supports? I have yet to hear people talk about her :?