"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

What is Lunatic like?Is it really diffiult like FEA in where you have to strategically plan everything and by just moving one square too much or too little meant death?Unlike FEA I do plan on completing Lunatic and was just wondering.I know there is fixed growths and I was wondering if someone could explain that to be me also?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, we all know that Anna is a mystery in this game but i found this Screenshot on Reddit.

hwo8Khc.jpg

Is that Anna's Sprite ? Can anyone confirm who owns a Japanese copy of the game if that's her sprite ?

Edited by L1ghtning

I apologize if that has been asked before, but does anyone with the game or second-hand gameplay footage knows what class does Hinoka get from the Buddy Seal when she has an A+ with Aqua?

I don't have Hoshido right now, so I cannot check, unfortunately. If I were to guess, it would be Wyvern Rider, due to it being the equivalent of the Nohrian side. I mean, that's what happens with the childrens class inheritance when the parents classes overlap.

My copy should be arriving Friday, so I could check for you then. Unless, someone else knows the answer to this fabulous question? I'd like to know too *wink*

EDIT: Hinoka might actually get nothing. If Kagerou marries Tsukuyomi, she gets nothing (because her secondary is spellcaster), but Tsukuyomi gets ninja. I'd assume it's the same for Buddy Seals too. Since Azura can't give Pegasus Warrior again, Hinoka gets nothing. Does that mean neither unit gets anything? Haha, I can't wait to check.

What is the average number of units you can use per chapter?

I currently only own Nohr, but Hoshido should be the same...? Maybe? Probably. Around midgame, after you've gotten most units, you have around 12-15 units of deployment to choose from. It varies though.

Edited by Carter

I don't have Hoshido right now, so I cannot check, unfortunately. If I were to guess, it would be Wyvern Rider, due to it being the equivalent of the Nohrian side. I mean, that's what happens with the childrens class inheritance when the parents classes overlap.

My copy should be arriving Friday, so I could check for you then. Unless, someone else knows the answer to this fabulous question? I'd like to know too *wink*

EDIT: Hinoka might actually get nothing. If Kagerou marries Tsukuyomi, she gets nothing (because her secondary is spellcaster), but Tsukuyomi gets ninja. I'd assume it's the same for Buddy Seals too. Since Azura can't give Pegasus Warrior again, Hinoka gets nothing. Does that mean neither unit gets anything? Haha, I can't wait to check.

I'm asking this because while the Marriage/Buddy Seal Reclassing is really simple, as in:

To Define:
User: Character using a Marriage/Buddy Seal to Reclass.
Target: Character the User has a S/A+ Rank Support with.

If the User's Base Tree is different than the First Tree the Target allows to Reclass into:
    The User Reclass into a Class of the Target's First Tree.
    The User's Class Set Becomes the Union of his/her Class Set with the Target's First Tree.
    (with a Union being "{A, B} U {C} = {A, B, C} OR {A, B} U {B} = {A, B}")
Otherwise:
    The User Reclass into a Class of the Second Tree the Target allows to Reclass into.
    The User's Class Set Becomes the Union of his/her Class Set with the Target's Second Tree.

Even with the above having been proved to be true in most cases, there's still the case of how it when the Target is a Character with a Special Class and how the check seems to be focused instead on their Alternate Class Trees...

And yes, I was asking on whether Hinoka gets Wyvern Rider from Aqua in something similar to what happens with Class Inheritance or gets Rod Knight by checking into Aqua's hidden {Pegasus Warrior, Rod Knight} Class Set.

But given you have the Nohr Version: Can you check what happens when Arthur uses a Buddy Seal with an A+ with Flannel? I find it suspicious that both of the Beast Shapeshifter Guys have a Support with a Guy carrying a clear Base-Alternate overlap each. Not to mention Syalla with Kinu...

Edited by AstraSage

Question to the people playing the game. How are magic units performing in game? Don't try to compare it to other games, I want a comparison to other units. I need to gauge how powerful the 1-2 range is so that my ranking system for classes/characters is more accurate.

I currently only own Nohr, but Hoshido should be the same...? Maybe? Probably. Around midgame, after you've gotten most units, you have around 12-15 units of deployment to choose from. It varies though.

Thank you for answering

But given you have the Nohr Version: Can you check what happens when Arthur uses a Buddy Seal with an A+ with Flannel? I find it suspicious that both of the Beast Shapeshifter Guys have a Support with a Guy carrying a clear Base-Alternate overlap each.

I'll be on that tomorrow, sorry for the wait...

Question to the people playing the game. How are magic units performing in game? Don't try to compare it to other games, I want a comparison to other units. I need to gauge how powerful the 1-2 range is so that my ranking system for classes/characters is more accurate.

Nyx is a very fragile character. Low HP and defense. And naturally being a Dark Mage, she has low skill. However, her magic power is tremendous. She's able to kill anything in her path, by herself even. I definitely wouldn't recommend that though, sending her off alone. I gave my Nyx some stat boosters, but alone based on her growths, she might not be as viable as she is with them. Her HP and defense are too much of a problem early game, easily being killed in one hit. If you invest some time in her though (and with the help of some stat boosts) she can be very helpful.

Odin, I reclassed to. Samurai, so I don't know what to say there. He has a 55% growth in magic as a Sorcerer, so it seems he's do well. He also has a better HP, skill, and defense growth rate than Nyx does. But on the flip side, Nyx has a better magic, speed, and resistance growth.

Magic units are rather squishy and are more like glass cannons. Their defense and res are on the lower side(unsurprisingly) and there's now ninjas and magic counter to watch out for. No more wind tomes outside of Excalibur means it's harder to counter flying units, but that's comparing to older games. They definitely hit harder than other units, partly due to lower res being more common than lower defense. Units that are locked to 1 range now have generally better tanking abilities, or maybe that's just me with my relatively high stats. Speed is an issue as well - it's hard to get high speed and they have dealing with fast units like ninjas and Trueblades. Especially Ninjas, since they can attack back and will most of the time be able to double.

It might be just me but I found little use for Spellcaster tree. The only magic users I have and use are Dark Knight Leon(who will become a Grandmaster), Dark blood MU and Kanna, and Sorc Ophelia. Leon is strong because of his personalized tome, plus his stats are pretty decent sans speed. MU and Kanna primarily use swords, only use tome if there's a lot of 1-2 range units or Generals to deal with. Though, even if there's Generals, sometimes I let them just attack with swords due to Dragon Fang bypassing defense and Luna having a large effect on them. Sorc Ophelia or Shara is the only two Sorc units I would use. I chose Ophelia because I prefer her personal skill.

I like having all rounded units. Leon as a Dark Knight has good defenses so I'm not too concerned about ninjas since hidden weapon might is relatively low. His tome has a built in magic only aegis, so the only ranged weapon of concern was bows so I gave him bowbreaker. Also added Pavise for defenses, though his defense is good. That covers his defenses, so I gave him Tomefaire, Luna and Lifetaker for offensive skills and that rounds off Leon to be a good all rounded unit who can use magic.

Orochi!Ophelia is a total glass cannon, but a real monster. 45 mag and Excalibur, combined with her personal skill and Ogre Strike she has about 70-80% crit and 60 might(before res reduction), so she can easily one shot enemies. Plus, Excalibur has good accuracy so she easily gets 90%+ hit rates even on Trueblades and Ninjas. However, her avoid and defenses are absolute garbage, so if she is vulnerable during the enemy phase she's almost guaranteed to be dead.

Special mention to Ryouma and Marx here, since their personalized weapons are 1-2 range swords. They can avoid Counter and Magic Counter, and since they both have high skill, they're less likely to miss and can bypass high defenses with Luna. Ryouma is also an excellent dodge tank and Marx can take hits easily. They're much better than any mage, but there's only two of them and many more mages, so that's why they're only special mentions.

The best comparison to make mages to is Ninjas though, since they are physical equivalents for reliable 1-2 range attacks. They have high skill and speed, so it's harder to hit them and have better hit rates/skill trigger %. Like Ryouma and Marx, they can get around high defenses with a high proc rate of Luna. They have lower damage output, but they come with debuffs and have Venom to deal extra damage. They also have poor defenses, but they're much harder to hit.

Basically, I think Ninjas with Luna are better than Mages. Mages now have an extra hard counter(Ninjas) to deal with as well as Magic Counter, so it's harder to utilize them. Leon and Dark blood MU/Kanna are the exceptions, since they can dodge well and tank well too. Leon may need extra skills to become effective though. I wouldn't lure enemies/send off alone Ophelia, but Leon, MU and Kanna are fine. This is entirely a personal experience, based on my IK Lunatic run, so some may disagree.

tl;dr: Ninjas with Luna better. Exception being Leon with a good skill build and Dark blood MU/Kanna. Based on IK Lunatic run, entirely personal opinion.

Edited by Aidil

It might be just me but I found little use for Spellcaster tree. The only magic users I have and use are Dark Knight Leon(who will become a Grandmaster), Dark blood MU and Kanna, and Sorc Ophelia. Leon is strong because of his personalized tome, plus his stats are pretty decent sans speed. MU and Kanna primarily use swords, only use tome if there's a lot of 1-2 range units or Generals to deal with. Though, even if there's Generals, sometimes I let them just attack with swords due to Dragon Fang bypassing defense and Luna having a large effect on them. Sorc Ophelia or Shara is the only two Sorc units I would use. I chose Ophelia because I prefer her personal skill.

How do you feel about a Dark Mage (Sorceror) Syalla? Would that be better than spellcaster? How does it compare?

I'm thinking about picking that as a secondary class and having my Kanna marry Syalla for the class, but before I do, I want to make sure there are (if any) advantages for that. I like to have different classes, never having two or more of the same one (unless it's unavoidable).

Magic units are rather squishy and are more like glass cannons. Their defense and res are on the lower side(unsurprisingly) and there's now ninjas and magic counter to watch out for. No more wind tomes outside of Excalibur means it's harder to counter flying units, but that's comparing to older games. They definitely hit harder than other units, partly due to lower res being more common than lower defense. Units that are locked to 1 range now have generally better tanking abilities, or maybe that's just me with my relatively high stats. Speed is an issue as well - it's hard to get high speed and they have dealing with fast units like ninjas and Trueblades. Especially Ninjas, since they can attack back and will most of the time be able to double.

I like having all rounded units. Leon as a Dark Knight has good defenses so I'm not too concerned about ninjas since hidden weapon might is relatively low. His tome has a built in magic only aegis, so the only ranged weapon of concern was bows so I gave him bowbreaker. Also added Pavise for defenses, though his defense is good. That covers his defenses, so I gave him Tomefaire, Luna and Lifetaker for offensive skills and that rounds off Leon to be a good all rounded unit who can use magic.

Orochi!Ophelia is a total glass cannon, but a real monster. 45 mag and Excalibur, combined with her personal skill and Ogre Strike she has about 70-80% crit and 60 might(before res reduction), so she can easily one shot enemies. Plus, Excalibur has good accuracy so she easily gets 90%+ hit rates even on Trueblades and Ninjas. However, her avoid and defenses are absolute garbage, so if she is vulnerable during the enemy phase she's almost guaranteed to be dead.

Special mention to Ryouma and Marx here, since their personalized weapons are 1-2 range swords. They can avoid Counter and Magic Counter, and since they both have high skill, they're less likely to miss and can bypass high defenses with Luna. Ryouma is also an excellent dodge tank and Marx can take hits easily. They're much better than any mage, but there's only two of them and many more mages, so that's why they're only special mentions.

The best comparison to make mages to is Ninjas though, since they are physical equivalents for reliable 1-2 range attacks. They have high skill and speed, so it's harder to hit them and have better hit rates/skill trigger %. Like Ryouma and Marx, they can get around high defenses with a high proc rate of Luna. They have lower damage output, but they come with debuffs and have Venom to deal extra damage. They also have poor defenses, but they're much harder to hit.

Basically, I think Ninjas with Luna are better than Mages. Mages now have an extra hard counter(Ninjas) to deal with as well as Magic Counter, so it's harder to utilize them. Leon and Dark blood MU/Kanna are the exceptions, since they can dodge well and tank well too. Leon may need extra skills to become effective though. I wouldn't lure enemies/send off alone Ophelia, but Leon, MU and Kanna are fine. This is entirely a personal experience, based on my IK Lunatic run, so some may disagree.

tl;dr: Ninjas with Luna better. Exception being Leon with a good skill build and Dark blood MU/Kanna. Based on IK Lunatic run, entirely personal opinion.

Okay, so my data is pretty accurate on that end. Mages are just hard to use unless they are mixed units or Sorcerers.

So your promotional class is either Dark Blood or White Blood depending on if you side with Nohr or Hoshido.

...What happens in Invisible Kingdom?

So your promotional class is either Dark Blood or White Blood depending on if you side with Nohr or Hoshido.

...What happens in Invisible Kingdom?

You become Invisible Blood.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you get to choose between the two promotions.

You become Invisible Blood.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you get to choose between the two promotions.

I wish that happened

But yeah, on the third path Kamui can promote to either the Nohr promotion path or the Hoshido promotion path.

If you do the handicap thing for multiplayer battles, does the game remember the level 20 stats of Eternal Sealed units, or does it autolevel them down? If it's the latter, it seems like lv 40 characters would be unuseable. Also, does the handicap affect Felicia and Joker?

one thing, was probably mentioned already, but what class can Kamui promote to in the third route? only white? only dark or even both?

It was mentioned a few posts above yours XD

He/she can promote to White Blood and Dark Blood.

It was mentioned a few posts above yours XD

He/she can promote to White Blood and Dark Blood.

i know i shouldnt post meaningless messages but whoops. and thanks :P

EDIT: to make it worthwhile,

what the hell is critical evade supposed to be?

Edited by Lord of Riva

i know i shouldnt post meaningless messages but whoops. and thanks :P

EDIT: to make it worthwhile,

A unit's Critical Evade is subtracted from their opponent's critical rate to determine the opponent's chance to score a critical hit. For example, if you are using a weapon with Critical Evade +10, the opponent's critical hit chance will be reduced by 10%.

It's usually just luck plus some of the obvious bonuses (weapons and skills). I guess that's why they don't show it in the stat screen.

(Okay,it's more complicated than that, with things like support bonuses factoring in.)

Edited by nocturnal YL