"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so when you recruit a MU to the avatar logbook and 'hire' them to a different file, how does class changing and skill grinding work for that hired avatar on the new file?

Edited by Banyanas

Okay, so when you recruit a MU to the avatar logbook and 'hire' them to a different file, how does class changing and skill grinding work for that hired avatar on the new file?

Those units have their class sets, buddy and marriage partner remembered. They don't have access to all classes, and are unaffected by your equlvalent to that character. The same applies to stat caps; statues don't affect the caps of guest units.

​

Unlike the units newly obtained from a different castle, updated units from your copy of the game (either through Endgame or by updating guest units) remember all available skills instead of just the equipped ones.

Also, the logbook is now available to all kinds of units: copies of regular units, captured enemies, bond units and amiibo units. It's no longer MU-only.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Those units have their class sets, buddy and marriage partner remembered. They don't have access to all classes, and are unaffected by your equlvalent to that character. The same applies to stat caps; statues don't affect the caps of guest units.

​

Unlike the units newly obtained from a different castle, updated units from your copy of the game (either through Endgame or by updating guest units) remember all available skills instead of just the equipped ones.

Also, the logbook is now available to all kinds of units: copies of regular units, captured enemies, bond units and amiibo units. It's no longer MU-only.

Ah now thats good to know. One more question: when you buy skills off of other mus, do you get to give them to whatever mus you hired from the logbook or does it just go to your avatar by default?

When Foleo is reclassed, does he get the generic male model or the generic female model for that class? I'd find it really cute either way, to be honest.

IIRC he gets the male models. Some of them look really weird on him too.

Ah now thats good to know. One more question: when you buy skills off of other mus, do you get to give them to whatever mus you hired from the logbook or does it just go to your avatar by default?

I'd think you can't buy skills for logbook units

Either way, buying skills off other avatars always goes to your own avatar, (I'm like 99% certain on this or so)

I've asked this a while ago but there were no answer:

Do we gain any reward for keeping NPC Elfie and Harold alive in Hoshido?

I can't say for sure, since I haven't played Hoshido yet.

[spoiler=Nohr Chaters 23 and 25]You don't get anything for sparing the Hoshidan subordinates in Nohr. Takumi and Ryouma's subordinates just disappear from the story, getting no mention at all.

I'd think you can't buy skills for logbook units

Either way, buying skills off other avatars always goes to your own avatar, (I'm like 99% certain on this or so)

I can confirm. Only regular units can obtain skills this way.

​

​​

I can't say for sure, since I haven't played Hoshido yet.

[spoiler=Nohr Chaters 23 and 25]You don't get anything for sparing the Hoshidan subordinates in Nohr. Takumi and Ryouma's subordinates just disappear from the story, getting no mention at all.

Yeah but in Hoshido...

(due to spoilery reasons) you can actually talk to Elfie and Harold to turn them into green units, but then they would just suicide into the enemies, so keeping them alive in that chapter can be a pain...

Yeah but in Hoshido...

(due to spoilery reasons) you can actually talk to Elfie and Harold to turn them into green units, but then they would just suicide into the enemies, so keeping them alive in that chapter can be a pain...

[spoiler=The answer, according to the Internet]I mentioned Nohr because I think if you can't get anything meaningful from sparing the subordinates in Nohr, you probably can't in Hoshido, either.

​

Now what do Japanese strategy guides say...

Kamikouryaku says there will be "no problem ? if they're killed as NPCs", with the question mark being part of the quote

RRPG thinks you probably can't get anything

Hrs-Game simply mentions that talking to them in Lunatic will simply get them killed in the next turn

Kawaki Chatei specifically says that there will be no merit in doing so

Oh, they'll also keep moving towards you once you trigger their movement by entering their range or when Team Camilla starts moving.

​

[spoiler=Hoshido's story]Forget about the morality of the Nohrian royals. Hoshido is obviously the darker route. Between Elise and this...

There are a large number of personal skills that activate as the support unit, such as Mysterious Appeal, Miraculous Save, Competitive, and Girl Lover. But that's it. Unless there's an aura-based skill that can activate while supporting or something I missed.

I asked this before, but would a Kanna that's the child of any of the shapeshifters always have the beast weakness, or would it only be in that specific class?

I think somethings iffy. According to Serenes Forest, the Sorcerer's magic and speed caps by default are 35 and 29. If we use this data, Leon should have 37 magic and 27 speed. But that's not the case for me.

11224012_1647774758837867_19437907652686

He capped magic at 38 and he will cap speed at 28. I dunno what's up.

I think somethings iffy. According to Serenes Forest, the Sorcerer's magic and speed caps by default are 35 and 29. If we use this data, Leon should have 37 magic and 27 speed. But that's not the case for me.

11224012_1647774758837867_19437907652686

He capped magic at 38 and he will cap speed at 28. I dunno what's up.

Do you have any statues? Because that might be the reason for this.

No statues work everywhere.

Also Levant, I do believe that is Kanna or Shigure are parented by the Garou/Fox Spirit characters they do have Beast weakness in all classes.