"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I know this may be a subjective question, but why does everyone pair Lazward up with Pieri? I haven't seen a lot of playthroughs or snapshots (to avoid major spoilers), but from the few that I have, 99.9% have Lazward and Pieri hitched up.

I thought it was because they were retainers serving the same lord, but I don't see a lot of Tsubaki/Hana, Asama/Setsuna, or Hinata/Oboro... so I don't feel like that's the reason.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this may be a subjective question, but why does everyone pair Lazward up with Pieri? I haven't seen a lot of playthroughs or snapshots (to avoid major spoilers), but from the few that I have, 99.9% have Lazward and Pieri hitched up.

I thought it was because they were retainers serving the same lord, but I don't see a lot of Tsubaki/Hana, Asama/Setsuna, or Hinata/Oboro... so I don't feel like that's the reason.

Tsubaki is better with Hinoka, Asama sucks, Oboro belongs with Takumi.

Lazwald and Pieri just conveniently come in the same chapter are out shined by other units. Lazwald also gets the cavalier class by marrying her. At least Asama can be a staff bot..?

Edited by sylveonzoroark

Asama's growths are like, actually insane or something, if you're gonna use him, reclass to hit things, they're much more suited to physical combat than healer

Honestly i think his Setsuna support is like his second best romantic support (a lot of them are not very good), but Asama x Elfie is a really amazing convo and I've seen a fair amount of Pixiv love (for non MU ships) for them

Pieri also just doesn't have a lot of supports that are, well, ones that doesn't feel really awkward. Lazward's is one of her better ones, they join together, and can benefit from each other's classes. My favorite support for Pieri's actually Odin, but she won't get anything from him and it's not something as established as Obokumi.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I can't speak for other people, but I think one reason may be that Lazward and Pieri have a fast support with one another (the only other dude Pieri has a fast support with is Marx, and she is Lazward's only fast support IIRC), and the fact that their conversation isn't fucking awkward helps. Pieri has a lot of awkward convos. I've seen a fair bit of all three of the other retainer pairings, but at the very least Oboro/Takumi is a bit more "established" both in and out of supports compared to other potential relationships.

Obviously, Ignis, since he's the child, but in general, Generals are pretty bad.

lol

I believe he gets

Str:0

Mag:1

Skl:3

Spd:-4

Lck:1

Def:6

Res:1

from Belka.

Edited by sylveonzoroark

Who makes the best General between Ignis or Benoit? I see people suggest having Berka as Ignis' mother, would this give him a +6 max stat modifier for his defence?

Obviously, Ignis, since he's the child, but in general, Generals are pretty bad. Actually it's quite the opposite.

lol

I believe he gets

Str:0

Mag:1

Skl:3

Spd:-4

Lck:1

Def:6

Res:1

from Belka.

Basically, as long as Ingis is in pair up, he will always be tankier (or as tanky if Benoit marries Aqua) as his dad. His personal lets him take -2 damage so long as he's the lead unit. With Belka as his mom, he will basically have 48 defense capped as a lead in a pair up. And you can just drop a tonic on him and have 50.

That's what I was thinking, with that marriage even with the Timid -2 he would still be +1 higher in defence than Benoit, and obviously a great wall in a pair-up. Not to mention the +1 in all stats would negate the -1 res from Belka. You would just need to pass on def formation.

Thanks for the answers guys. I wasn't too sure on how stat inheritance worked in this game.

I remember asking this earlier but I forgot to check if people replied, and then I went on a hiatus from this forum.

What are the best parents for Shigure, aside from the Avatar?

For both Hoshido and Nohr. I want to use him as much as possible.

As for Invisible Kingdom, my character will marry Aqua, so, what is a good Asset/Flaw set to father Shigure?

Another question:
Regarding Mozume's utility in Nohr.

I read in some places that she is terrible, but others recommend her because she is one of the few units who can use bows on this route.

So, Mozume, Y/N? My first PT will be Hard/Classic, fyi.

I remember asking this earlier but I forgot to check if people replied, and then I went on a hiatus from this forum.

As for Invisible Kingdom, my character will marry Aqua, so, what is a good Asset/Flaw set to father Shigure?

Another question:

I read in some places that she is terrible, but others recommend her because she is one of the few units who can use bows on this route.

Mozume's paralogue aside, here's base Mozume reclassed to bowman vs base Zero

Mozume L1:

16 HP, 6 STR, 0 MAG, 8 SKL, 7 SPD, 2 LUK, 4 DEF, 2 RES

E Bows

Zero L8:

22 HP, 9 STR, 5 MAG, 9 SKL, 15 SPD, 6 LUK, 7 DEF, 12 RES

D Bows

Skills are largely well..self explanatory of sorts.

I prefer the Bowman skills really, though timing may or may not change things. For example, Raven Strike could potentially make things easier against some of the high evasion bosses I heard everyone was raging about.

Although I seem to have turned this into a Mozume vs Zero comparison, which isn't exactly the best...

Anyway, Mozume offensively will have to use Bronze Bows for awhile, but once reaching Level 10 (it's hard to say when, but let me grab the enemy data later), she'll gain Prescient Victory to help out her damage output a bit

Mozume L10 Bowman:

20 HP, 11 STR, 1 MAG, 14 SKL, 14 SPD, 7 LUK, 8 DEF, 5 RES

Mozume L20 Bowman:

25 HP, 18 STR, 2 MAG, 22 SKL, 22 SPD, 13 LUK, 14 DEF, 9 RES

Comparing L1 Mozume (rip) against N8 enemies (the first chapter she's usable in as a Bowman)

Mozume's offenses (Bronze Bow): 12 ATK, 7 AS

Mozume's defenses: 16 HP, 4 DEF, 2 RES

Enemies are Level 6

Lancer: 24 HP, 8 STR, 7 SPD, 8 DEF @ Iron Lance (16 ATK)

Dark Mage: 22 HP, 9 MAG, 5 SPD, 5 DEF @ Fimbulvetr + Devilish Wind (20 ATK)

Fighter: 26 HP, 11 STR, 8 SPD, 6 DEF @ Steel Axe + Prescient Victory and/or HP +5 (23/27 ATK)

So basically Mozume is ohko'd by the Dark Mage and Fighter, 2hko'd by Lancer, which is kind of sad.

Offensively she's definitely going to require babying, well.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Hello~ I have a question.

Can someone give me an opinion or an analysis of Kazahana!Soleil? Like how good/bad she is as a unit compare to some of her other mothers? What kind of benefits/flaws she has. (P.S: if you can...please add Kazahana!Soleil's growth rate as well, I need it for an analysis I am creating)

Thank you very much!

Another question:

I'd suggest using Mozume as a bow user, if only so that you don't have to keep resetting/redoing the Endgame setup. With a maxed Mozume with a high-movement character with Pass (such as Bow Knight Eponine inheriting Pass from her father), you can finish the final boss in just two turns (talking about Lunatic here; Hard may be reasonably beatable without any trick setups).

Otherwise, if it's only getting bow users that you're after, you can always promote other units into Bow Knights.

Can someone give me an opinion or an analysis of Kazahana!Soleil? Like how good/bad she is as a unit compare to some of her other mothers? What kind of benefits/flaws she has. (P.S: if you can...please add Kazahana!Soleil's growth rate as well, I need it for an analysis I am creating)

Thank you very much!

Growth rates:

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Luk Def Res
Kazahana     25  55  10  45  55  25  20  30
Soleil       25  60   0  35  35  45  35  40

Total / 2    25  57   5  40  45  35  27  35

Mercenary    10  15   0  20  15   5  10   5
Total        35  72   5  60  60  40  37  40

Brave Hero   20  15   0  20  15   5  10   0
Total        45  72   5  60  60  40  37  35

Bow Knight   10  10   0  15  15  10   0  10
Total        35  67   5  55  60  45  27  45

​Now that I'm writing this out, it doesn't feel like what I got in the last playthrough at all. My Pieri!Soleil leaned towards Spd more, and while her Str was not bad either, it didn't feel like 65% Str growth. (Lunatic level ups doesn't seem to be fixed across different playthroughs, so you can still get RNG-screwed. You just can't change level ups by resetting.)

Can't say much about Kazahana in specific, but Soleil herself is pretty solid. Her skill plus the support bonus makes her partnership with Eponine quite useful. Not the best unit in my last run (that would be Velour), but not bad, either.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Thank you very much!

Dunno about how good she is, but she gets Mercenary, Ninja, and Samurai as her base classes, which is pretty nice.

These are her mods I believe: Str: 3 Mag: 1 Skl: 4 Spd: 2 Luk: 1 Def: -3 Res: 1

I have a question in regards to A+ supports. I know that you can only A+ support with one other person, but I'm curious if the Buddy support system is reciprocal like Marriage (meaning the A+ being mutual between both characters like marriage). I've been hearing a lot of conflicting reports from GameFAQs and other websites. GameFAQs claim A+ support isn't while other sites like here saying it is.

So an example will be Midoriko getting A+ on F!Kanna!Maid secondary. If it's non-reciprocal, it'll be something Midoriko A+ -> Kanna, but can leave Kanna A -> Midoriko. And if it's non-reciprocal, can I do something like Midoriko A+ -> Kanna, Mitama A+ -> Kanna, Kinu A+ -> Kanna, Velour A+ -> Kanna and leave Kanna A -> everyone else. If it's reciprocal, then it's mostly sealed A+ deal between Midoriko and Kanna.

I have a question in regards to A+ supports. I know that you can only A+ support with one other person, but I'm curious if the Buddy support system is reciprocal like Marriage (meaning the A+ being mutual between both characters like marriage). I've been hearing a lot of conflicting reports from GameFAQs and other websites. GameFAQs claim A+ support isn't while other sites like here saying it is.

So an example will be Midoriko getting A+ on F!Kanna!Maid secondary. If it's non-reciprocal, it'll be something Midoriko A+ -> Kanna, but can leave Kanna A -> Midoriko. And if it's non-reciprocal, can I do something like Midoriko A+ -> Kanna, Mitama A+ -> Kanna, Kinu A+ -> Kanna, Velour A+ -> Kanna and leave Kanna A -> everyone else. If it's reciprocal, then it's mostly sealed A+ deal between Midoriko and Kanna.

A+ ranks are non-reciprocal, unlike S ranks. Also, Kanna can only have one A+ rank like every other non-kamui character.

A+ ranks are non-reciprocal, unlike S ranks. Also, Kanna can only have one A+ rank like every other non-kamui character.

So for example, I get Midoriko A+ --> female Kanna to get the Maid class, this means I can't get Mitama A+ --> female Kanna to get the Maid class because Midoriko already get A+ with female Kanna, is the correct?

So for example, I get Midoriko A+ --> female Kanna to get the Maid class, this means I can't get Mitama A+ --> female Kanna to get the Maid class because Midoriko already get A+ with female Kanna, is the correct?

No. Midoriko and Mitama can both A+ female Kanna, but female Kanna can only A+ one of them.

Are there multiple bosses on any maps in this game?

I don't believe so no. But I may be wrong since twiddle dumb and twiddle dee (A.K.A Ganz and Iago) show up a lot together and I would no be suprised if they both appeared on a map but I can't recall any.

Are there multiple bosses on any maps in this game?

I don't believe so no. But I may be wrong since twiddle dumb and twiddle dee (A.K.A Ganz and Iago) show up a lot together and I would no be suprised if they both appeared on a map but I can't recall any.

Nohr 18 has 3 bosses.

If you also count the lackeys (Ganz) and royal retainers, then there are a lot.

Edited by Ryo

Nohr 18 has 3 bosses.

If you also count the lackeys (Ganz) and royal retainers, then there are a lot.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Also I just recalled, most of the DLC has multiple bosses such as The Vanguard's Trial and pretty much all the Scramble DLC.