"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would happen if we killed Takumi in Birthright Chapter 10 (Ninja Village)? Would he just retreat? Are we able to use him afterwards?

He'd join at the end of the chapter, at least according to the site.

Does anyone know what weapons I should give to a Grandmaster Kana? I want my Kana to be versatile in battle since he'll be able to use swords/tomes. Any suggestions?

A high magic Kana has been super useful in my game equipped with a Levin sword.

Is there anywhere (or anyone) which lists any of the following for Fates:

Various formulae including EXP gains, weapon rank bonuses and weapon triangle bonuses.

What class bonuses enemies get for e.g. Berserker/Swordmaster/Sorcerer (since I know they're different to the bonuses the player gets in those classes)

Enemy stats, or at least boss stats, in any Fates games or difficulties. Or further to this one, a more in depth comparison across the different difficulties.

I'm considering working out the EXP formula if nobody else has done it, just as I did with Awakening, and I'm recording a snapshot of enemy stats/equipment/skills/number of enemies on each difficulty as I play through Revelation but if that data already exists, it's kinda pointless to do.

Various formulae including EXP gains, weapon rank bonuses and weapon triangle bonuses.

What class bonuses enemies get for e.g. Berserker/Swordmaster/Sorcerer (since I know they're different to the bonuses the player gets in those classes)

Enemy stats, or at least boss stats, in any Fates games or difficulties. Or further to this one, a more in depth comparison across the different difficulties.

I'm considering working out the EXP formula if nobody else has done it, just as I did with Awakening, and I'm recording a snapshot of enemy stats/equipment/skills/number of enemies on each difficulty as I play through Revelation but if that data already exists, it's kinda pointless to do.

Far as I know, enemy Berserkers, etc. only get half the crit bonus that player units in those same classes get, and that's about it.

you'll find most of the formulas in Awakening's Calculations page though not Exp ofc (nor S Rank bonuses). the formula's been stated across the forum multiple times. it was just never published onto the Fates page =\ and I do not recall the exact number (and it's different depending on difficulty)

Edited by GoXDS

I found this: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=61733&hl=calculations

It's not complete, but there's everything you want except EXP formula.

Pretty much perfect, answers the vast majority of what I was wondering.

Still curious on the enemy stats bit. I've already been taking a snapshot of 4-5 enemies per chapter on Revelation (linky) but am wondering if anyone has already done this and recorded everything already.

I'm considering working out the EXP formula if nobody else has done it

I have done the basic part of the exp formula:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZDVZV0qVZX1SsmgNe_fF1nbetVsL7K8a-19W00tW9qU/edit?usp=sharing

There's still some stuff I haven't figured out, such as:

1. Exp bonus for attacking paired-up enemies

2. Boss-kill exp bonus

3. Exp penalty for attacking healers

I have done the basic part of the exp formula:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZDVZV0qVZX1SsmgNe_fF1nbetVsL7K8a-19W00tW9qU/edit?usp=sharing

There's still some stuff I haven't figured out, such as:

1. Exp bonus for attacking paired-up enemies

2. Boss-kill exp bonus

3. Exp penalty for attacking healers

Hmm, looks kind of akward, like there probably isn't an easy formula for a lot of the values when enemies are lower level than you. What does seem clear is, if level difference > 0 (level difference being their level - your level, basically the negative of what you're using there because it's nicer for formulae):

Hit EXP = 10 + [level difference / 2] on Normal/Hard, Hit EXP = 10 on Lunatic.

Kill EXP = Hit EXP + level difference * 3 + 20, for all three difficulties.

This also seems to work down to a level difference of -5 on Hard, but for Normal/Lunatic, and Hard below that amount, it becomes a mess I don't really want to describe with formulae.

Is Revelation worth the asking price of half a game if all I care about is challenge and filling the plot holes left behind by Conquest? How much harder is Revelation than Conquest?

Conquest is the hard one. Revelation is between the two difficulty wise. It does fill a few of the plot holes in Conquest and BR, but not all of them. You would need the Awakening DLC pack to fill some of the others, including some of Revelations plot holes. If you just want challenge and plot hole coverage, I don't recommend it.

I have a few questions regarding whether or not certain skills stack with each other:

1. Do Quick Draw and Aggressor stack? That is, would a unit with both Quick Draw and Aggressor deal 11 more damage in battles they initiated?
  2. Do Poison Strike, Savage Blow, Grisly Wound, and Pyrotechnics stack with each other? Would a unit with, say, both Poison Strike and Savage Blow chop off 40% of the target's HP after a battle they initiated, plus 20% from adjacent enemies, or just the same 20% from all affected enemies' HP?

I may or may not have come up with an idea for another weird gimmicky Bond Unit build, this time a Mechanist centered around using the Spy's Yumi and Shuriken.

Edited by Topaz Light

I have a few questions regarding whether or not certain skills stack with each other:

• Do Quick Draw and Aggressor stack? That is, would a unit with both Quick Draw and Aggressor deal 11 more damage in battles they initiated?
  • Do Poison Strike, Savage Blow, Grisly Wound, and Pyrotechnics stack with each other? Would a unit with, say, both Poison Strike and Savage Blow chop off 40% of the target's HP after a battle they initiated, plus 20% from adjacent enemies, or just the same 20% from all affected enemies' HP?
I may or may not have come up with an idea for another weird gimmicky Bond Unit build, this time a Mechanist centered around using the Spy's Yumi and Shuriken.

Yes and yes.

Since I'm here, I have a couple questions of my own:

1. How exactly does Dragon Ward interact with Midori's personal? Would it improve her chances of having it work if she was attacked and next to someone else with it, or would it be the other way around?

2. Does anyone besides Corrin have a special conversation with the boss of Revelations chapter 26?

Yes and yes.

Since I'm here, I have a couple questions of my own:

1. How exactly does Dragon Ward interact with Midori's personal? Would it improve her chances of having it work if she was attacked and next to someone else with it, or would it be the other way around?

2. Does anyone besides Corrin have a special conversation with the boss of Revelations chapter 26?

1. From how I interpret it, it would improve her chances of having it work if she was attacked.

2. It seems to be just Corrin.

The FE Wiki's wording seems to support your hypothesis.

I'm playing this game with CFW but I can't connect to other castles - does anyone know what sort of configuration changes I have to make to be able to do this?