"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, kirsche said:

How does starting at chapter 6 (The point where you choose the path) work exactly?

It essentially starts you off using data from the last file that reached Chapter 6, including unit stats, levels, inventories, etc. except that you get to recustomize every aspect of your Avatar.

Not sure how adjusting for changed Boon/Bane setup works, though. It'd be cool if it remembered all your level up RNG rolls and reapplied those to your new growths to calculate the new stats, but I think it's probably just changing your stats according to the differences between the new base stat modifiers and the old ones or something boring like that.

I have a question of my own, actually...

Are there any combat-related skills that are in effect for the Ballistician's turret attacks? Besides the obvious Ballistician skills. This is one thing I've never really been clear on and, to be fair, never really experimented with. I'm interested in trying to make an actually-good Ballistician, so it'd be a great help to know which skills to look into nabbing.

I've also heard that the turret attack uses the unit's currently-equipped weapon's attack power and accuracy, and also carries over Setsuna's Yumi's stat debuffs. Does it also retain things like the Shining Bow dealing magical damage, the Spellbane Yumi granting Tomebreaker, or the Hunter's Bow's effective bonus against cavalry? Do Ballistician turret shots even have a weapon triangle identity, and if so, is the Dual Yumi's reversal property applied to it?

On 04/18/2017 at 6:54 PM, kirsche said:

How does starting at chapter 6 (The point where you choose the path) work exactly?

Your own stats are adjusted to fit your boon and bane.

Your servant's stats stay the same if you stay the same gender. I believe if you change, your servant resets to level 1.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having a really hard time deciding on what classes I should make Elise and Peri into.

Currently, my Elise is a Strategist and Peri is a Dark Falcon. I've been thinking of making Elise into a Dark Falcon and then Peri into a Great Knight or Dark Knight, but I'm not sure which class would be best for them. Any suggestions?

19 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having a really hard time deciding on what classes I should make Elise and Peri into.

Currently, my Elise is a Strategist and Peri is a Dark Falcon. I've been thinking of making Elise into a Dark Falcon and then Peri into a Great Knight or Dark Knight, but I'm not sure which class would be best for them. Any suggestions?

Dark Falcon Elise carried my Revelation playthrough. 

As for Peri, I think Dark Knight is alright, I've heard it's good. To be honest I've never used her so I can't say much about what's good for her though.

4 hours ago, twistedxgrace said:

Orochi!Dwyer: Strategist or Onmyoji for final class?

Onmyoji has higher caps in everything but 1 point of Resistance. So I'd say Onmyoji is better, unless you want Dwyer on a horse.

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

How soon can I build a prison? I just started chapter 7 and got access to My Castle. 

Edit: in My Castle, what's the difference between a bond unit, prison unit, Einjinor (sp) unit? Where do I find them?

Edited by SetoBakura

On 30/04/2017 at 9:51 PM, SetoBakura said:

How soon can I build a prison? I just started chapter 7 and got access to My Castle. 

You will be able to get a Prison in Chapter 8.

On 30/04/2017 at 9:51 PM, SetoBakura said:

Edit: in My Castle, what's the difference between a bond unit, prison unit, Einjinor (sp) unit? Where do I find them?

If I'm not mistaken,

Bond Unit : those units are created when two player bond. I never really use it but you can find more intel there : https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/bond-units/ 

Prison Unit : well, once you've captured someone you can persuade/bribe them to join your army. Bribe requires you to use ressources and persuade nothing. Though you may need more than one attempt to persuade someone to join you. This allows you to play with unique villain. 

Einherjar Unit : those guys are bonus units. You have to go to the Einherjar shop (unlocked after chapter 11) and select wich unit you want to recruit. It will cost some gold to recruit them. The minimum being 1500 G for the base class unit. The maximum... I don't know... This allows you to play with two Xander for example.

More information about Einherjar in Fates over here : https://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Einherjar#Fates

Is it possible to make a good tome wielding and sword user Corrin who's magic based, and if so how? What Boons, Banes and Talent should I give him?

Edit: Nevermind I guess outside of the shoeless Nohrian Prince class and Dark Rider class it's not.

Edited by Altina

Hey ho! What does the talent part do when creating your avatar? I've only played Awakenings and recently started with Fates, but the wiki part is kinda vague on the actual meaning.

Does it mean if I pick say lancer... do I lose the benefits of what you start with (Nohr Prince/Princess,) or can you do swords + lances (some kinda hybrid mode) ? Or is it straight off class change like in awakenings with seals?

Edited by Pixel

Switching classes with Heart Seal will give you the Spear Fighter class with their promotions available when your unit's promoted (Basara and Spear master). None of the classes can use swords. But your sword rank will be the same as it was before you'd class change (like Awakening).

So like Awakening, but seals do not reset your level.

• 1 month later...

is it possible to have Rhajat become a Dark Mage in Birthright without making the Avatar marry Hayato w/Dark Mage talent?

More specifically, I want to make Rhajat a Sorceror, but I already married Avatar to Rinkah so she could go Berserker.

Edited by ToP

3 hours ago, ToP said:

is it possible to have Rhajat become a Dark Mage in Birthright without making the Avatar marry Hayato w/Dark Mage talent?

More specifically, I want to make Rhajat a Sorceror, but I already married Avatar to Rinkah so she could go Berserker.

The only other partner who can give Rhajat the Dark Mage class line via inheritance is Nyx, who only shows up in Conquest/Revelation.  So she can't inherit it in your case.  And the only support partner who can give her Dark Mage via buddy seal is Ophelia, who is also Conquest/Revelation exclusive.

So it isn't possible for Rhajat to become a Dark Mage at all in your game.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Is Sunrise Katana the default prize when it's a character's birthday? Been getting quite a few of them lately.

Is default if you have A support with the character also you need  to be at least chapter 17+ or you will get other weapon.

25 minutes ago, Sieghart said:

Is default if you have A support with the character also you need  to be at least chapter 17+ or you will get other weapon.

Strange. I got a Sunrise Katana from Caeldori even though I have no support ranks with her. I have beaten story mode though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 8:59 PM, Topaz Light said:

It essentially starts you off using data from the last file that reached Chapter 6, including unit stats, levels, inventories, etc. except that you get to recustomize every aspect of your Avatar.

Not sure how adjusting for changed Boon/Bane setup works, though. It'd be cool if it remembered all your level up RNG rolls and reapplied those to your new growths to calculate the new stats, but I think it's probably just changing your stats according to the differences between the new base stat modifiers and the old ones or something boring like that.

I have a question of my own, actually...

Are there any combat-related skills that are in effect for the Ballistician's turret attacks? Besides the obvious Ballistician skills. This is one thing I've never really been clear on and, to be fair, never really experimented with. I'm interested in trying to make an actually-good Ballistician, so it'd be a great help to know which skills to look into nabbing.

I've also heard that the turret attack uses the unit's currently-equipped weapon's attack power and accuracy, and also carries over Setsuna's Yumi's stat debuffs. Does it also retain things like the Shining Bow dealing magical damage, the Spellbane Yumi granting Tomebreaker, or the Hunter's Bow's effective bonus against cavalry? Do Ballistician turret shots even have a weapon triangle identity, and if so, is the Dual Yumi's reversal property applied to it?

It actualy does remember all of thise rolls, iirc. THe game's data structure actualy has space to remember all of everyone's RNG rolls, so that it can calculates everyone's rng rolls in advance on lunatic and prevent level up scuming. The game uses that space to remember what level ups you got. It is also worth noting that the game remembers everything about felicia or jacob as of the end of chapter 5, so that you start with one who has grown the same way if you select "branch of fate" however, if you change you avatar's gender, you get the other one instead, and they start at base. As such, you may want to replay the first 5 chapters if you are planning on using felicia/jacob (or playing a dificulty where their jaigen services are needed) and you also want an avatar of the other gender.

I experimented with balistician, and it seems that most damage skills (such as bowfare, and prescient victory) do NOT activate with turret attacks. It also tested weapon effects, and effective damage, magical damage and the setsuna's yumi debuff all work. It is worth noting that the Silver Yumi and silver bow's self-debuffs are NOT applied, meaning that you get to use a powerfull weapon without the drawback. This actualy makes them quite good. It is worth noting that accuracy is not displayed in any way, which makes that harder to test.

Edited by sirmola

21 hours ago, Freezerburn said:

Hello! I'm gonna start a new Revelations file. 

Would a +Str/-Mag be beneficial to a Dark Blood!Corrin? I'm planning on marrying her to Camilla!Shiro. 

Dark Blood is a Hybrid class and magic sacrifice wont fit her well, go to Hoshido noble that class is focus on str, skill and def.

Also Shiro!kanna will have this bonus on stats:

str(+3) mag(-3) skill(+6) spd (+6) luck(2) def(0) res(-2)