FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a New 3ds ver 10.6.0-31U and a Old 3ds ver.10.3.0-28U. Is there any way to use cheats at all with these? If there is could you walk me through the steps?

GBATemp and reddit's 3dshacks subforum can help you on that front. You can and should downgrade your o3ds to 9.2 as soon as possible, do not upgrade the firmware.

you're SOL for your n3DS however.

Oh my. I made a personal breakthrough. While comparing Awakening Saves structures of known types to fates, I found out they match quite well. Using that, I managed to find crucial locations of minor things. I decided to share it with you guys! This is for SAVE EDITING not RAM DUMPS or what not.

08868b5928.png

So what I have here is what I found out. The green is the level and EXP of the avatar, converted to hex of course. I also found its easy to find the location of it by the TINU text on the side. I like to use it as a marker. The 5 reds are the equiped skills. The Blues are its inventories.

You can use the inventories as normal as described by the ID's in the first post. These values are REVERSED so remember that.

XXXX00YY

that is the item, you actually input it in the hex as YY00XXXX

For Castle Resources....

Say you have these many of these resources:
8 pearl
7 lapis
3 coral
4 amber
2 jade
6 quartz
convert them to hex values which then gives you: 08 07 03 04 02 06 and just search them up in the save file, they should come up
then you can just edit them to 63 which is 99

This is what I found so far. I managed to give myself Seraph Robes, 1 Master Seal (for some reason 99 diddnt work) and a Steel sword with the Modifier of 135..... it has an MT of 264 a HiT of 340, and a Crit of 255.

What? The code I used was 07 00 03 00

My Avatar has Dragonskin, and I don't really feel like putting in FF all over the yellow block. If you do that, supposedly you'd learn all skills.

EDIT: It comes to my attention that each inventory block is ofsetted by 2 values. I am to lazy to make a new image as its 3am for me....

Basically I had 00 00 24 00 which was suppost to be the "Yato" or so I thought

its still organized 24 00 00 40. If you reference that to my image, you'd realize it fits. The yato is "equiped" as it should be. I must if misunderstood some things. So just shift the blue boxes to the right by 2 hex sets. This is why I have an OP steel sword though. Haha.

Nontheless, I hope this helps some of you more smart and bright people who can then take that and do a lot more with it.

Edited by KuroKairaku

I'm really frustrated. I just can't make NTR Debugger works for FE if special edition(JPN).

memlayout(pid=0x29)
null
valid memregions:
00100000 - 00781fff , size: 00682000
06000000 - 06012fff , size: 00013000
06200000 - 0620ffff , size: 00010000
07000000 - 07008fff , size: 00009000
08000000 - 0817ffff , size: 00180000
0e000000 - 0e000fff , size: 00001000
0e002000 - 0e002fff , size: 00001000
0ffc0000 - 10000fff , size: 00041000
10002000 - 10002fff , size: 00001000
end of memlayout.

This is what I got. But I found that all the codes are doing something on 0x14000000 region which I don't have. And of course all of them doesn't work.

I also tried to find the values I want in these regions but got nothing. Does anyone know why I can't get the 0x14000000 region?

are the ID's of the US version the same as JP version?

The TITLEID? No of course not.

0004000000179800 is the special edition.

0004000000179600 is conquest.

0004000000179400 is birthright.

the japanese titleID is 000400000012DE00 for the special edition by contrast. You can find the titleid by looking it up on 3dsdb.

The TITLEID? No of course not.

0004000000179800 is the special edition.

0004000000179600 is conquest.

0004000000179400 is birthright.

the japanese titleID is 000400000012DE00 for the special edition by contrast. You can find the titleid by looking it up on 3dsdb.

I meant ID's for the RAM, such as item IDS and character IDS

Just wondering. What happens if you load a RAM code or edit the save file to force Kanna to wear the Bath Towel? Since it doesn't let you equip it normally.

Kana wears a bath towel. I got a DLC error when I loaded, but nothing was actually removed like when I tried to add the DLC underwear.

Oh my. I made a personal breakthrough. While comparing Awakening Saves structures of known types to fates, I found out they match quite well. Using that, I managed to find crucial locations of minor things. I decided to share it with you guys! This is for SAVE EDITING not RAM DUMPS or what not.

08868b5928.png

So what I have here is what I found out. The green is the level and EXP of the avatar, converted to hex of course. I also found its easy to find the location of it by the TINU text on the side. I like to use it as a marker. The 5 reds are the equiped skills. The Blues are its inventories.

You can use the inventories as normal as described by the ID's in the first post. These values are REVERSED so remember that.

XXXX00YY

For Castle Resources....

8 pearl
7 lapis
3 coral
4 amber
2 jade
6 quartz
convert them to hex values which then gives you: 08 07 03 04 02 06 and just search them up in the save file, they should come up

This is what I found so far. I managed to give myself Seraph Robes, 1 Master Seal (for some reason 99 diddnt work) and a Steel sword with the Modifier of 135..... it has an MT of 264 a HiT of 340, and a Crit of 255.

My Avatar has Dragonskin, and I don't really feel like putting in FF all over the yellow block. If you do that, supposedly you'd learn all skills.

EDIT: It comes to my attention that each inventory block is ofsetted by 2 values. I am to lazy to make a new image as its 3am for me....

its still organized 24 00 00 40. If you reference that to my image, you'd realize it fits. The yato is "equiped" as it should be. I must if misunderstood some things. So just shift the blue boxes to the right by 2 hex sets. This is why I have an OP steel sword though. Haha.

Nontheless, I hope this helps some of you more smart and bright people who can then take that and do a lot more with it.

Nice man thanks for the help. I figured out the gold and resources prior, but to think i never tried searching for the exp and lvl (how could i miss that). I'm pretty dissapointed at the lack of help or proper tutorials for save editing in general. I don't want to rely/wait on a java based app to do it for me; when i could do it myself.

Edited by Adelino660

08868b5928.png

XXXX00YY

For Castle Resources....

8 pearl
7 lapis
3 coral
4 amber
2 jade
6 quartz

Nice man thanks for the help. I figured out the gold and resources prior, but to think i never tried searching for the exp and lvl (how could i miss that). I'm pretty dissapointed at the lack of help or proper tutorials for save editing in general. I don't want to rely/wait on a java based app to do it for me; when i could do it myself.

These values are in which region? Never mind, I didn't see the first line.

Edited by BlacKirA

No worries. Just keep in mind a few things. For some reason the items and weapons work a bit differently, the same XXXX00YY or YZ for weapons still apply, but its switched around

00024 (00) 40 (an equiped yato) based on the information given by the first post is not actually 40 00 00 24 as i originally though. Thats why in my edit i said to shift the blue boxes to the right by 2.

XXXX 00 YY stil apllies, but you just reverse the XXXX part. So then it becomes 24 00 (00) 40 (the (00) is the seperating part)

0009 00 00 (armorslayer) becomes 0900 00 00 0900 00 07 (+7 armorslayer), its the same for items as well.

0137 00 01 for Master Seals, it becomes 3701 0 01 in the save editor.

For a while now ive been waiting on like a update to the FE: awakening editor, but i grown slightly impatient. Even then, most of the cool stuff is only happening with a CFW 3DS. I already went and got most of the stuff to start soldering myself a hardmod. Just waiting on the wires now.

No worries. Just keep in mind a few things. For some reason the items and weapons work a bit differently, the same XXXX00YY or YZ for weapons still apply, but its switched around

00024 (00) 40 (an equiped yato) based on the information given by the first post is not actually 40 00 00 24 as i originally though. Thats why in my edit i said to shift the blue boxes to the right by 2.

XXXX 00 YY stil apllies, but you just reverse the XXXX part. So then it becomes 24 00 (00) 40 (the (00) is the seperating part)

0009 00 00 (armorslayer) becomes 0900 00 00 0900 00 07 (+7 armorslayer), its the same for items as well.

0137 00 01 for Master Seals, it becomes 3701 0 01 in the save editor.

For a while now ive been waiting on like a update to the FE: awakening editor, but i grown slightly impatient. Even then, most of the cool stuff is only happening with a CFW 3DS. I already went and got most of the stuff to start soldering myself a hardmod. Just waiting on the wires now.

Yeah i figured that out. I've been testing out x99 items for like dragon herbs. I did mess up a couple of times since i made x99 for an eternal rod which can only be held by lilith.. then again the list did not have the item name so i was just checking to jot dot item names.. Anyone here have the ID number for seraph robes? Lol i've also considered doing a hardmod, but at this point i'm pretty contempt with just modding items and skills.

Edited by Adelino660

You can find the IDs for a bunch of stuff here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bem9eu9IAEBm7d6PBZhtddDnDUnLpdoZ7ddenFSURmw/htmlview?pli=1

So the ID for Seraph Robe would be 012C (reversed 2C01).

Btw thank you KuroKairaku for the info. So basically you just dump the save, decompress, edit using a hex editor, recompress and then import the save again right? Don't need to change the checksum or anything?

I've only edited a save file once before and that was for golden sun, which required updating the checksum any time you changed values so that's why I ask

Edited by Purge

I'm trying to combine the "Global" support log unlocks for Belinda.

Has anyone figured out the addresses?

Like I'd zero out places to figure out where those values are, but I don't think I can do it tomorrow. (I have work)

Regarding the Character Block, there's something I'd like to get clarification on: stat bonuses.

FE14's multiplayer mode has an interesting configuration option: "Limit Stats," which eliminates the effects of Eternal Seals (Eternal Proofs in the Japanese version), and something the game refers to as "etc." It turns out this "etc." consists of any stats gained through permanent stat boosting items (like the Seraph Robes).

From this, it would seem that the game stores stats gained from leveling up normally separately from stats gained from stat boosters and extra Eternal Seal levels. The character block would seem like the logical place to store such info.

Am I correct in assuming that the "stat bonuses" are the stats gained from regular leveling up? Either way, I think we ought to identify where and how the game keeps track of stats not gained by normal leveling up.

I won't be able to examine this myself for a few days, but if no one beats me to the punch, I'll check this out and report my findings.

Regarding the Character Block, there's something I'd like to get clarification on: stat bonuses.

FE14's multiplayer mode has an interesting configuration option: "Limit Stats," which eliminates the effects of Eternal Seals (Eternal Proofs in the Japanese version), and something the game refers to as "etc." It turns out this "etc." consists of any stats gained through permanent stat boosting items (like the Seraph Robes).

From this, it would seem that the game stores stats gained from leveling up normally separately from stats gained from stat boosters and extra Eternal Seal levels. The character block would seem like the logical place to store such info.

Am I correct in assuming that the "stat bonuses" are the stats gained from regular leveling up? Either way, I think we ought to identify where and how the game keeps track of stats not gained by normal leveling up.

I won't be able to examine this myself for a few days, but if no one beats me to the punch, I'll check this out and report my findings.

I am personally trying to find these... but its kinda hard. If I was able to give my self max stats that would be a different story. I'm having trouble looking for the string of bytes that co-relate to the skills learned..

Hey does anyone with NTR want to activate a "learn all skills" on their Kamui, then give me the save for it? (the SAVE)

Also, here's an updated version of the image...

13q_Nh_Ai.png

The blue is the true item inventory blocks. However whats cool are these. The black are the characters Value and Class, so who the character is and what class they are in.

Using this information i was able to FIND the Amiibo's. Since they are the only one that actually have proper values for saves. The ID's that this thread offers do not match a single byte hex.... poor me.

Character Values:

FA (Marth)

FB (Ike)

FC (Lucina)

FD (Robin)

Class Values:

7C (Lodestar)

7D (Vanguard)

7E (Great Lord)

7F (Grandmaster)

using this i was able to find Marth, which is FA007C and edit his inventory to boot.

The brown has something to do with classes, putting them to FF FF FF unlocks classes. And the goodie part is. The Pink is the characters Hair colour use RBG hex values to change them :D.

Ignore the yellow. I originally thought that was the learned skills but I later learned that was wrong.

Anyways, can anyone with an NTR make the main character have all learned skills and share with me their saves? I totally want to find out how to edit the learned skills. I also want to find out where the hell the BOOT USED byte is, I know its there.. but where... grrr.

Edited by KuroKairaku

Anyways, can anyone with an NTR make the main character have all learned skills and share with me their saves? I totally want to find out how to edit the learned skills.

I think I may have found some information for you. I found how to give some of my units all the skills (including the NPC and DLC ones), but the bit position seems to be different for some characters. The color code is red for equipped skills, blue for inventory items, yellow for learned skills, and purple for something I’ll mention later.

MU Skill Position

uyzcwWo.jpg

Azura Skill Position

KXIBs71.jpg

“Can Only S-Support MU” (ex Shura, Reina) Skill Position

mG7sFTE.jpg

Other 1st Gen Unit Skill Position

XBr2XcH.jpg

Kana Skill Position

kTKhdWd.jpg

Other 2nd Gen Unit Skill Position

jDagWUf.jpg

I double-checked the positioning for the first four using a different save file and cartridge. That save doesn’t have kids though, so I couldn’t double check the last two.

Anyway, I’m hoping that this is somewhat relevant. I’m new to all this hex-editing stuff, so I’m not sure how useful my data will be to other people.

Also as one final note, the “02” I have marked in purple for each picture seems to be consistently there at the end of each “learned skills” string. Not sure how useful that is, but it’s something nifty I found while doing all this.