Does the amount of fanservice bother you?

Chiki

565 members have voted

1. 1. Does it bother you?

Now that we've seen the (not sure if these are spoilers):

rubbing and the hot spring mechanics,

This game seems to be really focusing on the relationship aspect of the game to appeal to fans.

Does this bother you at all? I personally love it, but a lot of people on Reddit are pissed:

I am very much considering not getting any game. IS has done almost nothing to show me that they even cared about making a game I would enjoy. Tons of new features have been added, and the majority of them have been explicitly stated as "we did this to attract new fans." They told us IF would be unconnected to the older games, but then they copy and paste in Awakening characters. They told us that Nohr would be a traditional FE experience, but all the My Castle crap is in there. Every interview has been "how can we bring in new fans" never "how can we make an excellent game." Characters and features are returning from Awakening that have no reason to be in Fates other than fanservice, which is reeking of stagnation. Stripping, groping, incest, sexy talk, etc. all is just blatantly trying to use sex to sell.
Of course I don't approve the Hot Springs and face rubbing stuff. But at the end of the day, I'm still a Fire Emblem fan, and I'm looking forward to play this game.

I understand people can be furious about the direction the series is taking, especially the fanservice and "otaku pandering" stuff, but I don't care. That won't stop from getting the game. I bought Awakening, I don't see why I shouldn't buy this one.

Look, it's like the strip club in GTA V. It's wrong in so many ways, but it's not essential to appreciate the game for what it is (even If I agree this sticks more to GTA's essence than Fire Emblem).

From what I've seen during some early streams, map design looks cool, difficulty may be present (Ryoma in chapter 6 when you play Nohr is a monster), and the Attack Stance / Guard Stance looks neat and well balanced. That's all my concerns for a strategy game. The rest is futility stuff I won't ever touch.

Finally, I'm sure the incest S-Ranks will prove to be "not really incest" and the S-Rank will be locked plotwise until a certain point in the story. That's my thoughts, but I don't think IS will go full incest, or they would have made a FE4 remake by now.

If some people want to protest IS direction for the game by not buying/playing the game, that's noble of them and be my guest. I won't. I need some Fire Emblem.

To be honest though, the people on Reddit are really whiny and immature virgins.

Edited by Chiki

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it doesn't bother me.

I'm pretty sure the whole rubbing feature is optional, so you can just choose to ignore it if you want.

Personally, I think it's funny and I plan to mess around with it for some laughs (if it isn't removed from the American version that is).

Can we stop talking about a fanservice that is optional?

Because IT'S NOT.

gif reference, and it's just and example: https://gfycat.com/PerfectShoddyDegus

You can't just turn the fanservice off when it's EVERYWHERE, and is even needed on the plot parts of the game..
Some people around reddit are a bit overreacting ofcourse, but there are people here too that are defending the "fanservice" style FE in a exaggerating way, defending something that is cleary not defensible in any way.

We all have our opinion thanks god and you like it.. But it's not nice to joke around a fanbase with blind comments

Edited by Jenoss

Can we stop talking about a fanservice that is optional?

Because IT'S NOT.

gif reference, and it's just and example: https://gfycat.com/PerfectShoddyDegus

You can't just turn the fanservice off when it's EVERYWHERE, and is even needed on the plot parts of the game..

Some people around reddit are a bit overreacting ofcourse, but here too people defending the "fanservice" style FE are exaggerating with the defense of something that is cleary not defensible in any way.

We all have our opinion thanks god and you like it.. But it's not nice to joke around a fanbase with blind comments

Oh boy, a well endowed female character wearing a v-neck shirt. Everyone abandon ship!

Oh boy, a well endowed female character wearing a v-neck shirt. Everyone abandon ship!

Oh c'mon, i put the words, can you read them?

"gif reference, and it's just and example"

This is what i'm talking about with "blind comments"
I found that kind of comments more childish and immature than everything else..

Edited by Jenoss

Well, these people do have a point.

I always admired the series for it's epic scenarios, solid characters, and overall serious athmosphere and from the looks of it, they're clearly stepping away from that. (Note, however, that I'm basing my impression on what has been shown so far, which mostly WAS stuff related to fanservice, so I'm not fammiliar with the game's plot.)

Some people have different interests, so naturally they are dissapointed by these radical changes.

Some suggest ignoring these features, but that's flatout impossible if you want to fully experience the game.

If you ask me, IS should create an entirely new franchise.. how about "Shipping Emblem Paradise"?

Oh c'mon, i put the words, can you read them?

"gif reference, and it's just and example"

This is what i'm talking about with "blind comments"

I found that kind of comments more childish and immature than everything else..

The only example you bothered to give, so it isn't really "blind" at all.

I would much rather be "immature" by your definition than get offended at the sight of big breasts.

As a well endowed female myself, I find all of the whining over a chesty girl wearing a v-neck shirt silly.

Depends. As long as the fanservice doesn't spoil the story or take away the strategy parts, I don't mind it.

That's my opinion on it, too.

Though I considered the expies (or not so expies...) as fan service so voted "yes," only because I worry if those shenanigans make its way into the story. : ( It's a preliminary yes, I guess. xD

I would much rather be "immature" by your definition than get offended at the sight of big breasts.

As a well endowed female myself, I find all of the whining over a chesty girl wearing a v-neck shirt silly.

I think he's just offended, or rather pointing out the fanservice-y ness of the angles and focuses rather than what it is, I guess. It's hard to argue that it would not be considered fan service, but indeed not really something one should be easily offended by.

Edited by Kirokan

Rubbing does bother me, mainly due to how completely out of place and ridiculous it is. There's a definite cultural context with the hot springs, so I won't complain on that.

Fanservice is all right in moderation, but I'd say this game takes it a bit too far (from what I've seen thus far). It's not exactly appropriate to claim that everyone bothered by it is insecure or anything else of the sort - Fates hardly seems to incorporate sexual themes in a mature fashion. I won't say anything conclusive on the game itself before I've played it, though.

Oh yes, her v-neck shirt is certainly the feature that people most take issue with.

Edited by Topazd

Yes.

Some fan service is to be expected and it can be portrayed in more creative, fun and self-aware ways than what we have seen so far. I don't expect a lot of realism out of a series like this, but when designs don't even match their characters, most noteably in Camilla's case where she's an overprotective older sister and princess who's wearing something I don't even know how to describe, then it's a bit strange.

However, if it were all a matter of design, then I could've just rolled my eyes and moved on, but the face-rubbing is fan service on such an in-your-face level in a game where it absolutely doesn't belong that I can't help but feel like I'm not the target audience anymore. Naturally, that's just one part of the whole game, but still.

As for the hot springs? I think that's perfectly fine. As someone who has gone to Japanese hot springs with friends, I can tell you that it's relaxing as all get out, and you forget you're naked within seconds and start making conversation easily. It's fun and has been part of Japanese culture for ages, so if you include your own castle base, why not have that?

Even though I'm bothered by parts of the fan service, I'm still very psyched for the game. Thankfully, it's all optional, so I'll just pretend like it's not there and all should be fine.

I'm not offended at all by the sight of some big brests, not at all.

I'm offended by the time that the dev team have put on the works of this kind of things, that it seems to be, for most things shown until now more that half the time spent for the game itself thanks to the re-used assets of the 3d game and some 2d artwork joke insert related..

I don't like rubbing people in a game

I don't like to propose incest in a game even if it's optional

I don't like to rape prisoners or anything that could come from it..

I don't like many things that many people don't like, but i'm not doing a state question because of that.

You are (i'm just pointing you because you are defending this kind of things)

I don't pretend to be on the right side, but the other side pretend to be on it, and that's the blind state i was talking about in particular..

Oh yes, her v-neck shirt is certainly the feature that people most take issue with.

I really have to wonder if the people who get offended by Camilla's outfit have any social interactions with females at all.

During 100 degree weather, I see girls wearing shorts as short as panties with crop tops or tank tops, and nobody bats an eye at them for the most part.

It's extremely commonplace.

And if it's simply because "well I think a wyvern rider should wear more clothes," I simply find that reasoning silly and sometimes hypocritical as well (when other girls wearing more revealing clothes are mentioned yet it is "justified" for them depending on their class).

It bothers me. Fanservice is nice on occasion but when it's so in your face, it's just embarrassing. Not the sort of game you would want people seeing you playing. It's not enough to make me want to boycott the game but it feels so crass.

Umm, it's a close focus on TITS, ASS, CROTCH and a seductive, flirty look. From your sister. She looks like she's a stripper at someone's hollywood bachelor party.

I'm not offended at all by the sight of some big brests, not at all.

I'm offended by the time that the dev team have put on the works of this kind of things, that it seems to be, for most things shown until now more that half the time spent for the game itself thanks to the re-used assets of the 3d game and some 2d artwork joke insert related..

I don't like rubbing people in a game

I don't like to propose incest in a game even if it's optional

I don't like to rape prisoners or anything that could come from it..

I don't like many things that many people don't like, but i'm not doing a state question because of that.

You are (i'm just pointing you because you are defending this kind of things)

I don't pretend to be on the right side, but the other side pretend to be on it, and that's the blind state i was talking about in particular..

Wait...what????????????????

Yes, it bothers me. The game supposedly has a serious story, but it's going to be hard to take any of it seriously knowing that other parts of the game treat its characters like little more than fetish fuel.

Not the sort of game you would want people seeing you playing.

Also, this.

To be honest though, the people on Reddit are really whiny and immature virgins.

Are you just trolling or did you really think opening this thread with an ad hominem like that would make you seem more mature than the people you're referring to? Edited by Icy Toast

I really have to wonder if the people who get offended by Camilla's outfit have any social interactions with females at all.

So you see nothing wrong with her panty window bottom half?

I'm not saying I'm offended by it, I just think it looks incredibly stupid.

Edited by Tryhard