Hopes for FE 15

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Ranged weapons being able to double attack.

- No waifus/husbandos unless I can marry Vika.

- Grinding for skills and the return of Second Seals.

- Growths similar to Awakenings.

- The game to be on a console, not a handheld.

- None of this "Weapons give you stat penalties" crap.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

- Seconded on ranged weapons

- Less fanservice and more seriouness in the overall tone of the game. I've got no problem with the hotsprings, but stripping down characters and dressing them in ridiculous suits isn't good. Making them walk in ridiculous clothes is also bad.

- Auto promotion at level 21

I guess that is all.

Isn't this a bit soon..?

What I was going to say.

Either that or that Fates can count as 14, 15 and 16.

So, hopes for FE15/17(?)

• FE6 remake with a translation and rebalancing of units and Roy promoting earlier while keeping GBA style mechanics without any waifu crap or children mechanics on Wii U.
...Is what I want to say. Because the chances of that are low...
  • No children from the future, please. FE4 style's okay though.
  • Skinship can go and stay go. As can other silly fanservice things like the bathing suit battlers
  • No more Avatar. I can dream.
  • Can Archers not double in If/Mages not double at range? Wat? If so, let them double.
  • GBA supports fused with FE9 supports, please. Just three ranks, 5 conversations/character. Points gained bth GBA way and FE9 way
  • Return to an old setting that has nothing to do with Marth or Archaneia.

no more My Unit

don't have any anymore really, because I'm not buying Fates and if it's any indication of where the series is going I'm not getting any further titles down the line either.

I agree that this is a bit soon, but whatevs.

I want to say PoR/RD bundle remake with PoR's cut supports and better availability for certain characters, proper support conversations, and additional paired endings for RD, but like that will happen...

So, I'll just say these:

- For the Wii U

- A support system that's a sort of fusion of PoR and Awakening supports. The S support rank can stay, as due to it being an additional conversation, it can allow for more depth and development in the characters. But marriage should happen in endings, not in the actual S support.

- NO CHILDREN. Please.

- Each character with multiple options for marriage endings like in the GBA games.

- Laguz or something really similar (I realize Fates gives us some similar shapeshifters, but laguz were more plentiful)

- RD mechanics, including ledge-climbing and attacking from atop said ledges.

- Varied chapter objectives

- No more stupid in-your-face fanservice please.

- Ike making a cameo or supporting appearance (not as a main character at all). :P

Edited by Anacybele

For me, it would be to bring back previous features, such as rescue, weapon weight, con, etc.

Also, arenas, mid-chapter shops, that kind of stuff, things that should've been in Awakening in the first place.

I'm fine with the MU, since really all it needs is to be adjusted to be better executed. It's odd, before FE12's fantranslation, I'm pretty sure a lot of fans were like "I WANNA MAKE MY OWN FE CHARACTER."

Personally, I think Outrealms needs to go, it basically means anything could happen with the plot, and so it becomes stupidly unpredictable.

That said, I'm fine with marriage and children coming back as long as it's well executed, and as long as marriage isn't the source of some of the most sickening fanservice I've seen in an FE game, I mean seriously, the rubbing dialogue after marriage just, ugh.

Isn't this a bit soon..?

Besides that, ranged doubling, no weapons giving stat penalties (seriously? This was a terrible idea), and auto promotion at level 21. Always liked that system better. So yeah, basically combination of others' ideas.

I'd also like a game split in two generations, with content equal to Birthright and Conquest combined.

Or a FE4 remake. Here, you can't screw up with this, unless you're awful.

- If I have to deal with children, every last first-generation character. DIES.

- I don't mind having a base of operations, but FFS no skin-shipping.

- Put a time limit on village destruction, much like how the GBA games did (take too long, and a brigand ruins your day). Awakening did NOT have this!

- Stat caps should be somewhere between GBA and Radiant Dawn, and do NOT make gender-specific caps.

- Put a time limit on village destruction, much like how the GBA games did (take too long, and a brigand ruins your day). Awakening did NOT have this!

Really? I thought there were bandits that would raid the villages in that desert chapter where gregorio and nowi show up, at least.

Really? I thought there were bandits that would raid the villages in that desert chapter where gregorio and nowi show up, at least.

NOPE. They just chase your units!

I miss traditional lords and if I could have my way I'd have an axe-wielding female lord that gives a run for their money to lords like Sigurd/Hector/Ike. I don't mind the avatar lords and I understand why they're more convenient.

Chapter variety and weapon weight.

I do love the new classes they always introduce but get nostalgic over older classes,perhaps some more laguz types.

Shops and arenas as someone previously mentioned.

Won't have FE14 for awhile so I won't know whats been implemented or not so my hopes are sheerly based off of FE13 and pre release news of FE14.

-Varied objectives. I get the maps lend themselves to this but still having defend missions or raids would be nice.

-Better world building. I'd love to see the lore expanded on like PoR and RD did with the races, gods, and countries

-Children are fine but rather have a time skip even if that means aging the first gen characters to their 30s/40s (think Greil/Gawain age)

-An emblematic on the map villain like the Black Knight that destroys everything in their path

-Keep up quality DLC challenge maps, expanded story maps, and unique past lord models

-Expand on my castle elements. Do less with face rubbing and more with the strategic bonuses they offer and upgrades having effects on your units

If MU still comes back:

-Avatar have unique marriage endings depending on option

-Give Avatar personality choice in the begining (ie selfish, lighthearted, confident etc)

- Have it on the Wii U

- If there's going to be children, either have the 1st gen characters die or be NPCs in the 2nd generation (with one or two characters being playable in both generations ala Finn), none of this time travel or alternate dimension cop-out business.

- A revisit to a world other than Archanea

- Give the player options in terms of how the MU's personality is (if there is an MU to begin with). If I had the choice to make my MU a sarcastic jerk, I'd hope to make him a sarcastic jerk. None of this bland Mary Sue/Gary Stu business (though with Robin they at least tried to give him/her a personality)

Edited by Bullwine85

If MU still comes back:

-Avatar have unique marriage endings depending on option

-Give Avatar personality choice in the begining (ie selfish, lighthearted, confident etc)

Yeah, I like this too if the Avatar comes back. I'd also like to be able to choose my base class and class set like in New Mystery as well. I get that allowing the Avatar to reclass into anything is good because everybody likes different classes, but not everyone is going to use every single one in a game. Everybody just has each Avatar go through a few classes at most. Including me. I want to make my Avatar start off as a cavalier or Pegasus knight and make my reclass options wyvern rider and cavalier/Pegasus knight. I like mounted units. :P

I wished for some returns:

• staves like sleep, silence and berserk
  • ballistas (Idk if they returned in 14)
  • steal command
  • weapon durability
  • magic triangle (even if it's pointless for the most part)
  • ledge mechanic
  • crossbows
  • FE6-9 support system (maximum of five support possibilities)

... removes:

• children

- anima/light/dark triangle, and custom spell animations. also, custom class critical animations, instead of just spinning.

- limited weapon uses and no debuffs. bring back the weapon triangle. bows are not part of the triangle. no more "hidden weapon" crap.

- if there absolutely has to be an avatar, make them like the fe7 tactician, who immersed the player into the plot, but weren't the protag.

- no children. at all. not even a la fe4. losing the entire army you just trained is kind of annoying. also painful.

- a more serious plot. less ridiculousness. at least make the final boss (?) mildly threatening. see below.

- 5 support options, but the ability to A in all of them, with a select few being able to S. no more characters based on single quirks.

- more defend/rout/seize multiple point chapters. less generic seize throne/defeat commander chapters.

- if a the main protagonist is female, i'd like for her to be unequivocally the protagonist. no more lyn/eirika/micaiah dubiousness.

- bring back fog of war and weather conditions. oh, also, status conditions. i'm not sure if those were in awakening or not.

- i'm really liking the darker parts of fates, like the scripted deaths, they're interesting. keeping those would be nice.

- elibe remakes.

sorry for typing like a scrub. no motivation.

Edited by PanneKnight

- no fucking children

- no fucking stupid fan service mechanics

Not sure if Avatar returning should be removed or not. I guess I'm fine either way.

Other than that, I don't demand anything big. I just hope it is a great, well-crafted game. I also don't mind dark moments to be included it the game (eg scripted deaths). And I wish the game sell well, gain great reviews, etc if it truly deserves them.

Edited by RidellCrimea

- anima/light/dark triangle, and custom spell animations. also, custom class critical animations, instead of just spinning.

- limited weapon uses and no debuffs. bring back the weapon triangle. bows are not part of the triangle. no more "hidden weapon" crap.

- if there absolutely has to be an avatar, make them like the fe7 tactician, who immersed the player into the plot, but weren't the protag.

- no children. at all. not even a la fe4. losing the entire army you just trained is kind of annoying. also painful.

- a more serious plot. less ridiculousness. at least make the final boss (?) mildly threatening. see below.

- 5 support options, but the ability to A in all of them, with a select few being able to S. no more characters based on single quirks.

- more defend/rout/seize multiple point chapters. less generic seize throne/defeat commander chapters.

- if a the main protagonist is female, i'd like for her to be unequivocally the protagonist. no more lyn/eirika/micaiah dubiousness.

- bring back fog of war and weather conditions. oh, also, status conditions. i'm not sure if those were in awakening or not.

- i'm really liking the darker parts of fates, like the scripted deaths, they're interesting. keeping those would be nice.

- elibe remakes.

sorry for typing like a scrub. no motivation.

Yes, please.

Also, no more cameos of characters from earlier games, no time-travel and multi-dimensional shenanigans, nada. I want a fully developed world that can stand on it's own feet, with fleshed-out, original characters. I hope that's not much to ask.