Fates of the units: Kaze streetpass competitive guide

In this discussion, we will be taking a look at Suzie- I mean Kaze from Fire Emblem Fates and turning him into an op streetpass unit. Be sure to leave your build for him below, include class and skills. With the introduction out of the way, let's start the process

post-16237-0-26828100-1435320294_thumb.jpg

Who is the unit:

Suzukaze, called Kaze in the English version, was born to a line of ninjas that has served Hoshido for generations, along with a twin brother named Saizou. He is a calm and cool man, unlike his elder brother who can get easily angered. During an attack against Nohr, he gets captured along with Rinkah and 4 other solders. He then finds himself having to fight the avatar, so said avatar can prove loyalty to Nohr. However, he is spared and manages to escape. He then returns to the avatar and vows to protect him/her, meaning he is a character on both sides.

So, now that we know about the unit, let's start breaking him down a little deeper. We will cover the unit's class tree, growth rates, personal skill, and all skills the unit can obtain, excluding DLC. But there is one thing I also want to cover with Kaze...There are 3 ninjas on the Hoshido route. 3!!!! So, how do I know which one to use. For now, I'll give the short answer

Saizou: DEATH EVERYWHERE!

Kaze: The speedy tank

Kageroi...Kagerou?: Glass cannon

Growth rates: HP, 55-STR, 40-MAG, 0 :(-SKL, 45-SPD, 65-LCK, 20-DEF, 20-RES, 35

*Starting class*

Class set: *Ninja* -> Elite ninja or Puppeteer

Samurai-> Trueblade or Weapon master

So, what class to use? Now I actually haven't experienced Fates yet, but from what I see your best options are Trueblade or Elite ninja. For the sake of this discussion we are going to build an Elite ninja Kaze.

Personal Skill: Prayer of Bonds; When the user is the support unit, the lead unit has a <insert your luck stat here>% chance of surviving a fatal attack with 1 HP. Essentially, Kaze can give anyone a free miracle, which makes this a very good skill. Couple that with the fact that he is a tank, have him supporting his spouse, and this can be kind of broken.

All obtainable skills: Flowing Strike, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Strength seal, Line of death, Locktouch, Snake Venom, Lethality, Kunaifaire, Puppet Break, Copycat Puppet

And now, drumroll please, the top 5 skills you should and shouldn't use in Kaze (in my opinion);

Don'ts:

5.Snake venom- When the user triggers the battle, the enemy's HP is reduced by 20% after the battle. If the enemy has renewal or a healer has fortify then this is useless. That is not to say it is a bad skill, it sort of helps Kunais out a little

4.Line of Death- During battles, both damage and damage received +10

I really don't like this skill on Kaze. I get he is suppose to be a tank, but defense doesn't nullify this. He needs to be able to one shot his opponent, something hard to pull of with him unless he gets a crit.

3.Flowing Strike- When the user triggers the battle, avoid +30. Ok...so what if Kaze one shots the opponent...What if the opponent can't counter-attack, like if it's and archer or someone helpless to Kunais?

2.Copycat puppet- Creates a clone of the user once per map with the use of the "Copycat" command. Only useful if he is a puppeteer, this is an Elite ninja build.

1.Locktouch-User doesn't need keys to open doors and chests. Streetpass team...no chests in My Castle...This is useless.

Do's

5.Lethality-Chance of instantly killing an opponent, based on skill x 0.25%. Insta death is good in my book. Saizou makes better use of this skill, but come on, IT'S INSTA DEATH!

4.Vantage-If the user is under half HP, they attack first. Hey, this is great for Kaze, give him a brave sword and he might as well start wrecking stuff

3.Puppet break-The users attacks are super effective against puppets. Coverage is all I have to say.

2.Astra-Based on skill x 0.5%, chance of triggering 5 consecutive hits at half damage. If all hit connect, Kaze will do 2.5x his original damage. Nuff said

1.Kunaifaire-Damage +5 if the user is equipped with a kunai. Yay! Stronger kunai! This will actually make his main weapon useful!

So their you have it. Building a good competitive Kaze as I recomend. Don't forget to comment your build and also what character I should look at next. I'm Wolfie, and Kaze might as well be the next Lon'qu.

Edited by Wolfie (Noheart)

You'd have to consider who he marries too. You get more class options that way.

This discussion wasn't taking marriages in account, these are his default options. Plus there would be a lot more writing to do

• 8 months later...

Solid Necro I learned things.

LoD and replicate are bad astra and lethality are gr8.

Useful well thought out guide. Would use again 10/10.

Edited by joshcja