Seals [minimal spoilers]

meowcakes

So I'm very confused on how Seals work in Fates, what does the parallel seal do? And is it true that when you promote to a second tier class, you can't move back down? And with parallel seals, if your level stays the same, wouldn't that mean that when you reach level 20, you can't raise your stats any higher?

Any help would be appreciated!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parallel Seals are like Awakening's Second Seals, but they don't reset your Level and you can't change down to a non-promoted class.

Normally, once you reach Level 20 in your final class, you can't gain any more Levels. But there is a rare item called the Eternal Seal that lets you gain 5 more Levels.

This time around there are many seals.

Master Seal:

Allows you to promote into one of two classes.

Parallel Seal:

Allows you to reclass into a class of the same tier.(You can not go down a tier and your level dose not reset)

Everyone has two reclass options, their base and another.Some characters have three, however these characters are mostly prepromotes and have limited supports

Marriage Seal:

Allows you to class change into the base class of a person you S supported with.(If promoted one of your spouses base class promotion options)

Level dose not reset

Buddy Seal:

Allows you to class change into the base class of a person you A+ supported with.(If promoted one of your buddies base class promotion options)

Note: The Avatar can no A+ support, but he can use these seals with anyone he A supported with.

Level dose not reset

Dread Scroll:

Allows someone to class change into the Dread Fighter class.(Hoshido Only.Male only?)

Level dose not reset

Dark Falcon Feather:

Allows someone to class change into the Dark Falcon class:(Nohr Only.Female only?)

Eternal Seal:

Raises max level by 5.Promoted units only

Note:There is no cap on level to my knowledge.

This time around there are many seals.

Eternal Seal:

Raises max level by 5.Promoted units only

Note:There is no cap on level to my knowledge.

Thank you so much! Do we have any idea on how rare the eternal seals are? So we know if they're purchasable?

Parallel Seals are like Awakening's Second Seals, but they don't reset your Level and you can't change down to a non-promoted class.

That would mean you have to be very careful with which class you pick for skills... correct?

That would mean you have to be very careful with which class you pick for skills... correct?

When you promote to a second class, you learn each skill that you missed every time you level up. For example, if you class change Odin from a level one sorcerer to a trueblade, he would learn Flowing Strike the next time he levels up and Vantage the level after (both are samurai skills). He would also learn the trueblade skills at the levels that he normally would learn them.

Edited by Zvarri!

When you promote to a second class, you learn each skill that you missed every time you level up. For example, if you class change Odin from a level one sorcerer to a trueblade, he would learn Flowing Strike the next time he levels up and Vantage the level after (both are samurai skills). He would also learn the trueblade skills at the levels that he normally would learn them.

Ok, good, I was worried I wouldn't even be able to fill the skill slots.

So regarding the marriage seals, can your partner reclass to Nohr Prince with one?

Unknown at this time, but I believe it may be possible due to an image I seen of Velour as a Dark Princess(Dragon Form).

Is there no other way to get them? Makes sense to the game balance.

They may be random drops from enemies and you may find some in chests and villages.houses but currently all we know is that they are buyable at I believe second to last level of item shop at a limited quantity and infinite at max level.

To confirm:

It it only to the partner's original base class/promoted versions, or can it also take their second base class/promoted options?

Only base class and base class promotions.

I see… so for example, just to ensure I got this correctly:

If Luna marries Arthur, for example, she can use a marriage seal to get his Fighter class. She cannot use a marriage seal to get his Cavalier class.

If Arthur marries Luna, for example, he can use a marriage seal to get her Mercenary class (and thus also Bow Knight access, plus redundant Brave Hero access), but not her Pegasus Warrior Class.

How does it work for Kamui/Corrin? I'd assume that thier spouse cannot get Nohr Prince(ss) and its promotions. Does it default to Corrin's other chosen class instead?

I see… so for example, just to ensure I got this correctly:

If Luna marries Arthur, for example, she can use a marriage seal to get his Fighter class. She cannot use a marriage seal to get his Cavalier class.

If Arthur marries Luna, for example, he can use a marriage seal to get her Mercenary class (and thus also Bow Knight access, plus redundant Brave Hero access), but not her Pegasus Warrior Class.

How does it work for Kamui/Corrin? I'd assume that thier spouse cannot get Nohr Prince(ss) and its promotions. Does it default to Corrin's other chosen class instead?

We don't know.All the streams and videos I have seen don't show reclassing or the new seals.Once people here(e.g Shadowofchaos)start uploading or get the game, we will have more info.

Okay. That makes sense that we don't know yet then.

So I guess I'll take a break from the forums for a few days and then check in again to see if new information has come in by that time.

Oh, speaking of seals and pairing considerations, if anyone is interested I made a pairing thread a few days ago, but its only currently received a few posts. If anyone is interesting in pairing discussions (children, seals providing class sets to the spouses, etc.), feel fee to use it.

With regards to Parallel Seal (and if I'm reading this correctly), does this mean that it's not possible to demote Felicia to a Mercenary, as an example?

You cannot demote no, but if you miss skills, you can reclass to a promotion of the class and every level you will get skills you missed.

my head hurts from all this seal rebalancing, but i really must know, if i ACCIDENTALLY max out my lv and want more skills from other classes, is there another way to get those skills besides using eternal seals??

also i would really love to get an update on that dark falcon class thing, i really need info that it's really only for nohr side, really wish it's for both so i can galeforce everybody :|

Edited by AceDaemon

You can't get skills without levelling up (manual based skills aside, though there aren't any obtainable right now anyway) so you won't be able to without eternal seals.

Well, I suppose you could try to buy from other players, but I'm still not sure how that works

I seem to have contradicted myself though, oops

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

thnx for the info, great... i better make a new routing for every character in game :/ which this game has the silver card and also that dark falcon item... wish it's accessible in all 3 routes too

Anybody know if you can gain 2 skills in one level up? For example, if you parallel seal a promoted unit at Lvl. 4, once you level up can you gain both the unprompted first skill and the skill you would usually gain on that level up?