Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually Kagerou for Breaking Sky.!

Yes but Kagerou feels like a waste when you could put her on someone who needs strength more... along with the ninja class. Usually with Ryouma. If you really want to pass it down to Gurei, then you can just have him marry Syalla. Their supports are fast anyway.

Yes but Kagerou feels like a waste when you could put her on someone who needs strength more... along with the ninja class. Usually with Ryouma. If you really want to pass it down to Gurei, then you can just have him marry Syalla. Their supports are fast anyway.

Is it just Sakura you're pairing for Saizou.?

So whats the recommended class path for Nohr with Samurai as the secondary class? as well as cavalier and mercenary?

In my first run, I went Nohr Prince (Lv.20) > Dark Blood, then reclass to trueblade too late at Lv.18 and then back to Dark Blood at lv. 20.

So whats the recommended class path for Nohr with Samurai as the secondary class? as well as cavalier and mercenary?

In my first run, I went Nohr Prince (Lv.20) > Dark Blood, then reclass to trueblade too late at Lv.18 and then back to Dark Blood at lv. 20.

If it's just for getting skills, and you want to end up a Dark Blood, you can go

Dark Prince 20 > Trueblade 15 > Weapon Master 17 > Dark Blood and you can learn every skill for those classes by level 20/19. As for Cavalier, you can go Dark Prince 20 > Paladin 15 > Great Knight 17 > Dark Blood.

Generally my rule is Dark Prince 20 > [secondary Class Promotion with better Speed Growth] 15 > [Other Secondary Class Promotion] 17 > Dark Blood

Has anyone figured out how stat bases for the children get effected by the parents yet? I've got a lot figured out on growth rates, but I haven't been able to tease out the pattern for base stats yet. I've had people contribute information, but I haven't been able to tease out the pattern yet. Does anyone have any ideas?

Well, rather, it seems that the kids start off with a minimal value of their personal bases + their class bases… but then (even when recruited at level 10/0) they seem to have a few stat points in [seemingly] random points that put them higher than this. Of course, I don't think they're actually random, but I haven't given the pattern yet.

Anyways, not knowing how the parental base stats affect the child base is making is throwing an extra level of uncertainty into my calculations when I attempt to figure out the 20/20 stats of the children as averages; because while I have their personal bases and class bases and think that I have their growth rates, I don't know where they'll gain a random extra point or two in a stat from their parents.

Basically, this leaves my predictions for the child's final stats as:

Final Stats = Personal Base (coming in at level 10) + Class Base + [Personal Growth Rates + 1st-tier class growths] * 10 levels + Promotion Bonuses + [Personal Growth Rates + 2nd-tier class growths] * 19 levels + {Unknown Base Stat Bonus from parents}

Of course, if they change class to a different tree or spend time in different classes, we replace a few of the terms or turn it into a sum of a series, but these are easy extrapolations of the basic version. And I basically have all of this information except for the last term, + {Unknown Base Stat Bonus from parents}.

So, for instance, looking at the Hoshido Route, I can say this about 20/20 Hinoka, going Pegasus -> Falcon, speaking with regard to averages:

Hinoka:

38 HP, 28 Str, 14 Mag, 29 Skl, 35 Spd, 31 Lck, 22 Def, 36 Res

But say if I try predicting the average outcome of Hinoka!Matoi, I can capture the leveling gains and the personal/class base stats, but not the bonus stats.

Hinoka!Matoi

40 HP, 27 Str, 13 Mag, 25 Skl, 32 Spd, 32 Lck, 20 Def, 29 Res

+? HP, +? Str, +? Mag, +? Skl, +? Spd, +? Lck, +? Def, +? Res

Where the +? represents the unknown effects of the parents on the base

I mean, obviously we can see some things; Hinoka clearly has generally better bases than Matoi does, but some of the gaps might be narrowed, to an extent, but its difficult to determine what should be considered the average or expectation values when we're missing something that could account for a few stat points in some key stats.

I did a search for his name and nothing came up, so pardon me if its actually already been talked about.. but what about Zero?
Hes going to be my most used unit alongside Mamui because Im marrying him.. and because its MamuiXZero I dont really have to worry about Eponine or Kanna, buuut. Im not really sure where to take Zero. I know his SPD is pretty good (Ive even read that other players just let him practically carry them through because of it) but his MAG makes me feel iffy. Its not the worst but its not really the best either.. I was gonna reclass him to Sorc my first run because that outfit is skeevy as hell and fucking ridiculous and I love it, but Ive heard magic got kind of screwed over and since his magic is kind of so-so, would it even be worth it? I know it all comes down to preference, but still.

My Mamui will probably be +MAG, not sure about the flaw though. Because of my asset, am I just over thinking things? I was also gonna go Berserker my first run because aesthetic, so I realize the +MAG thing doesn't really make any sense other than to boost Zero, IF I'm understanding how this whole thing works. The Fates system and mechanics in general have been pretty confusing to me. If I decide against +MAG for Mamui because of Serker, itll probably be +SPD instead.

Basically...thoughts on optimizing Zero?? i almost made a thread for this specifically haha

MU's stats have no bearing on Zero whatsoever; Unless you mean a few points of pairup bonuses (how does MU's even work) just go speed, +Mag isn't gonna make Zero's mag any better and an utter waste on Berserker

What MU can do is pass Berserker as a class to Zero

MU's stats have no bearing on Zero whatsoever; Unless you mean a few points of pairup bonuses (how does MU's even work) just go speed, +Mag isn't gonna make Zero's mag any better and an utter waste on Berserker

What MU can do is pass Berserker as a class to Zero

Yeah, I was thinking of the pairup bonuses. Shouldve clarified. I realize that +MAG is a waste on Serker, I just tend to go with the Asset/Flaw Im most comfortable with, but for the sake of having an easier time Ill probably switch to +SPD instead. Thanks.

I did a search for his name and nothing came up, so pardon me if its actually already been talked about.. but what about Zero?

Hes going to be my most used unit alongside Mamui because Im marrying him.. and because its MamuiXZero I dont really have to worry about Eponine or Kanna, buuut. Im not really sure where to take Zero. I know his SPD is pretty good (Ive even read that other players just let him practically carry them through because of it) but his MAG makes me feel iffy. Its not the worst but its not really the best either.. I was gonna reclass him to Sorc my first run because that outfit is skeevy as hell and fucking ridiculous and I love it, but Ive heard magic got kind of screwed over and since his magic is kind of so-so, would it even be worth it? I know it all comes down to preference, but still.

My Mamui will probably be +MAG, not sure about the flaw though. Because of my asset, am I just over thinking things? I was also gonna go Berserker my first run because aesthetic, so I realize the +MAG thing doesn't really make any sense other than to boost Zero, IF I'm understanding how this whole thing works. The Fates system and mechanics in general have been pretty confusing to me. If I decide against +MAG for Mamui because of Serker, itll probably be +SPD instead.

Basically...thoughts on optimizing Zero?? i almost made a thread for this specifically haha

If you do want another class option, of course Bowman from Hoshido could work for Bowfaire. Berserker though, hm? That's an interesting one. Tell me how it goes.

Is there any classes Kaze would benefit from during the storyline other than his default ninja tree? Trying to figure out what to pass him from MU.

Well what are you planning on having him end up as?

Well, I was in a discussion with some other people on the forum (I think VincentASM, although I might be confusing them for someone else, so don't quote me on this one) and someone had compiled a list of data on the pair-up stats of the Avatar.

It seems to depend like this, although the pair-up stat page isn't yet updated to account for asset/flaw….

C rank bonus: +1 in a stat peripheral to your asset [generally one of the peripheral stats that your asset also effects]

B rank bonus: In addition, you get +1 DEF

A rank bonus: In addition, you get +1 Spd

S rank bonus: In addition, you get +1 Res and +1 point in your asset stat.

I haven't confirmed this myself yet, but this is what I've been told.

According to this information, supposedly a +MAG asset gives +1 Spd as its C-rank bonus, so the cadence would be [if the information I've been given is correct, that is]:

C rank: +1 Spd

B rank: +1 Spd, +1 Def [new for this rank: +1 Def]

A rank: +2 Spd, +1 Def [new for this rank: +1 Spd]

S rank: +1 Mag, +2 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Res [new for this rank: +1 Mag, +1 Res]

These bonuses are then added to the bonuses from your class to get your total pair-up bonus.

I was wondering, how good would +spd/-res Kamui!Sophie be as a Hero or Bow Knight on the Hoshido path? I love the two classes, but sadly, there is no character with that base class in Hoshido. And with Silas and Felicia, I would prefer those two to stay as a Paladin and Maid. Which would be better for her?

Edited by Carter

Well what are you planning on having him end up as?

That's what im trying to figure out

What are good options for him outside of what he already gets? Or if his best options are what he already gets classes-wise, what are good options to synergize skills with either EN or TB?

He's going to be my most used unit alongside Mamui because I'm marrying him.. and because its MamuiXZero I don't really have to worry about Eponine or Kanna, buuut. I'm not really sure where to take Zero. I know his SPD is pretty good (I've even read that other players just let him practically carry them through because of it) but his MAG makes me feel iffy. Its not the worst but its not really the best either.. I was gonna reclass him to Sorc my first run because that outfit is skeevy as hell and fucking ridiculous and I love it, but I've heard magic got kind of screwed over and since his magic is kind of so-so, would it even be worth it? I know it all comes down to preference, but still.

My Mamui will probably be +MAG, not sure about the flaw though. Because of my asset, am I just over thinking things? I was also gonna go Berserker my first run because aesthetic, so I realize the +MAG thing doesn't really make any sense other than to boost Zero, IF I'm understanding how this whole thing works. The Fates system and mechanics in general have been pretty confusing to me. If I decide against +MAG for Mamui because of Serker, it'll probably be +SPD instead.

Zero (max stats/growths as sorcerer/adventurer):

Mods: -2/0/-1/3/0/0/1

Base growths:

hp - 40

str - 35

mag - 20

skl - 40

spd - 50

lck - 30

def - 30

res - 40

Growths as a sorcerer:

hp - 40

str - 35

mag - 45

skl - 40

spd - 60

lck - 30

def - 35

res - 55

Final stats as a sorcerer (not including statues):

hp - 50

str - 23

mag - 35

skl - 25

spd - 32

lck - 26

def - 29

res - 34

Growths as an adventurer:

hp - 40

str - 40

mag - 35

skl - 45

spd - 70

lck - 30

def - 30

res - 60

Final stats as an adventurer (not including statues):

hp - 50

str - 25

mag - 31

skl - 26

spd - 37

lck - 27

def - 25

res - 35

-----------------

If you really want an end class of Sorcerer, I'd recommend going through at least 5-10 levels of adventurer for that speed and resistance growth to have time to get in a few extra stats before switching over to sorcerer. If you want lifetaker on him, switch to dark knight at lv 13 - he will get magic seal at lv 14 and lifetaker at 15 - then change back to sorcerer. I think you should choose a Hoshidan class as your secondary, because both Mamui and Zero can get fighter from Harold. It's especially useful for Zero, because Harold is the only one of his A+ options that actually gives him a new class, as both Leon and Odin give him dark mage (which he already has).

Thinking about skills/classes is still important in this game despite the skill buying mechanic, because most units aren't very easy to find online. Most teams seem to use Azura/Elfie/Camilla/Oboro/Hinoka/Kamui/Mozume/Rinkah/Kazahana. I've never seen an Odin, Flannel, Velour, Shigure, Ophelia, Suzukaze etc online before. Plus, even if you do manage to find the unit you're looking for, there's absolutely no guarantee they'll have the skills you're looking for. I'm still yet to find a Kamui with Breaking Sky, although I did find one with aptitude...

I assume there's no way to make Shino a berserker while also making MU his mom, right

I really like the mods +Str-Def MU gives him, but I'd like it better if he could plop that on to Berserker :x

(obv this would be postgame)

Edited by Thor Odinson