Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

I thought skills can be bought from Spotpass.....and Ragnell is looking awesome in this game.

But just for the same character. For example I can only buy skills for azura from an azura

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But just for the same character. For example I can only buy skills for azura from an azura

That's lame!, it's weird that Ike doesn't have access to the Brave Hero class, that's just stupid TBH....limiting DLC characters is stupid... they are already limited for not having supports..

Edited by The Radiant Hero

That's lame!, it's weird that Ike doesn't have access to the Brave Hero class, that's just stupid TBH....limiting DLC characters is stupid... they are already limited for not having supports..

I guess they want that people who can't buy the amiibos cause they are so limited to fully enkoy the gamr. And more importantly witjout any disadvantages.

So I want to ask a question. I've think I know but want to make sure I have it right when I add it to the opening. Let's say my avatar has access to the Cavalier line and I want to get Luna. If I'm a level 15 White Blood, am I unable to get Luna? Or do I get it automatically via reclassing?

I haven't been able to find a clear post about how this works or what happens so if someone can get me an answer to right down I would appreciate it

Edited by Morgan

I guess they want that people who can't buy the amiibos cause they are so limited to fully enkoy the gamr. And more importantly witjout any disadvantages.

Still I think a skillset off :

• Aether
  • Skill Drain
  • Steel Blade
  • Veteran Intuition/Gentle Blade (Lodestar I believe was found as a DLC Item ? and if it overlaps woth Steel Blade)
  • Aggressor

couple it with a weaponset of :

• Ragnell
  • Brave Sword
  • Tomahawk
Edited by The Radiant Hero

So I want to ask a question. I've think I know but want to make sure I have it right when I add it to the opening. Let's say my avatar has access to the Cavalier line and I want to get Luna. If I'm a level 15 White Blood, am I unable to get Luna? Or do I get it automatically via reclassing?

I haven't been able to find a clear post about how this works or what happens so if someone can get me an answer to right down I would appreciate it

except for special classes(which get 4 skills) every promoted class gets their last skill at lv15 I guess maybe 10 but I think 15. So if you are lv15 White Blood( which is a promoted class) and you use a parallel seal you have 2 options. 1. Great Knight. 2. Paladin. You can't reclass from a promoted to an unpromoted class. So if you want Luna you have to choose Great Knight. So at lv16 you will get the 1. Cavalier skill. At lv17 the 2. Cavalier skill and then finally at lv18 you get your Luna.

Still I think a skillset off :

• Aether
  • Skill Drain
  • Steel Blade
  • Veteran Intuition/Gentle Blade (Lodestar I believe was found as a DLC Item ? and if it overlaps woth Steel Blade)
  • Aggressor

couple it with a weaponset of :

• Ragnell
  • Brave Sword
  • Tomahawk
except that you're missing a personal skill on amiibos it sounds like a solid set

Reclass. Skills are now learned differently when you class change.

As long as you are at or above the base level requirement for the skill, then you start filling in the previous skills and then the skill itself at the rate of 1 per level.

So, from a re-class at 15 promoted, you could pick up the 3 skills up to and including Luna (the first and 2nd cavalier skills and Luna from the Great Knight itself) over 3 levels… 16, 17, and then at 18 promoted you get Luna. You could then go to 19 to get Diamond shield, or you could class change to Paladin, go to 19 to get Defender and 20 to get Aegis, etc.

And of course, this is ignoring the possibilities of Parallel Sealing earlier on (I suppose) so that you can pick up some of those other skills in the spare levels in between earlier on.

Of course, Parallel Seals are probably going to be rare enough that you won't to use them wastefully (unless you can grind them through Hoshido skirmishes + MyCastle shops you built with Dragon Vein Points), but in principle it would be doable.

And supposedly the seals that increase your level by 5 would also allow for picking up more skills in this manner.

On a different note, can we discuss optimizing a Matoi married to Corrin/Kami? I don't have the game yet, but I want to put my Avatar with her.

Edited by astrophys

So, has anybody figured out whether the Villager class line can be inherited this time around? I have the same question for Dark Prince/Princess, Fox Spirit, and Garou, even though the latter two only really apply to Shigure and male Kanna.

So, has anybody figured out whether the Villager class line can be inherited this time around? I have the same question for Dark Prince/Princess, Fox Spirit, and Garou, even though the latter two only really apply to Shigure and male Kanna.

So Dar Prince of course is Kannas default class. I think I've seen a post in another topic that says that azura's son would get if she married the avatar dark prince as well. But not sure about it. Then I don't think the transforamtion classes will be inheritef to kanna. They are both male this time so their exclusive children get it. But kanna doesn't at least I think

Reclass. Skills are now learned differently when you class change.

As long as you are at or above the base level requirement for the skill, then you start filling in the previous skills and then the skill itself at the rate of 1 per level.

So, from a re-class at 15 promoted, you could pick up the 3 skills up to and including Luna (the first and 2nd cavalier skills and Luna from the Great Knight itself) over 3 levels… 16, 17, and then at 18 promoted you get Luna. You could then go to 19 to get Diamond shield, or you could class change to Paladin, go to 19 to get Defender and 20 to get Aegis, etc.

And of course, this is ignoring the possibilities of Parallel Sealing earlier on (I suppose) so that you can pick up some of those other skills in the spare levels in between earlier on.

Of course, Parallel Seals are probably going to be rare enough that you won't to use them wastefully (unless you can grind them through Hoshido skirmishes + MyCastle shops you built with Dragon Vein Points), but in principle it would be doable.

And supposedly the seals that increase your level by 5 would also allow for picking up more skills in this manner.

On a different note, can we discuss optimizing a Matoi married to Corrin/Kami? I don't have the game yet, but I want to put my Avatar with her.

Actually you can spend all your dragon vein points onto the seals shop and you can buy limitless. Of course it's not that easy cause you need to do that with many characters. That's why that skill buying frature from earlier gamefiles is in. So basically I will prepare my team as much as I can in my hoshido and nohr runs. And in the third route I will buy all the skills and only need to use a few parallel seals

I'm personally not keen on buying skills because while I do have wireless internet access in my building for DLC downloading/eshop, its often unreliable/sporadic in its availability, such that I often go to a cafe or a library to get better/more reliable wifi access.

Since doing this [going to one of those locations] every time I play the game (well, not literally, but you take my point) and the wifi here often cannot be fully relied on, I'm trying to come up with character plans totally independent of buying skills, such that I'm sure that my desired builds are attainable at all times and without the inconvenience of having to repeatedly make special trips to those places for no other reasons.

But its good to know that seals are purchasable eventually infinitely, money allowing.

At what level can you first reseal in this game?

I'm personally not keen on buying skills because while I do have wireless internet access in my building for DLC downloading/eshop, its often unreliable/sporadic in its availability, such that I often go to a cafe or a library to get better/more reliable wifi access.

Since doing this [going to one of those locations] every time I play the game (well, not literally, but you take my point) and the wifi here often cannot be fully relied on, I'm trying to come up with character plans totally independent of buying skills, such that I'm sure that my desired builds are attainable at all times and without the inconvenience of having to repeatedly make special trips to those places for no other reasons.

But its good to know that seals are purchasable eventually infinitely, money allowing.

At what level can you first reseal in this game?

Well I was doing that just because I wanted to come up with somethig myself. But then I heared that you can buy skills from older files. And so I began to plan skills for characters at my hoshido and mohr route. So I can buy these for my final 3rd path team. And so I don't need other players help. And to answer your question I guess at lv1 because lv don't reset anymore but not sure about it.

Oh, by all means, if the buy skill system and the logbook skill buying system works for you, by all means go for it!

Although beyond my own limitations that I just mentioned, I really had a lot of fun tinkering around with class sets and pairings in Awakening, so I kind of want to do it myself…. I could get awesome skillsets the way you describe, but that just doesn't seems as fun to me personally. But thankfully its optional, so I can largely ignore it, while those who are interested in it can still make use of it. Win-win.

Oh, by all means, if the buy skill system and the logbook skill buying system works for you, by all means go for it!

Although beyond my own limitations that I just mentioned, I really had a lot of fun tinkering around with class sets and pairings in Awakening, so I kind of want to do it myself…. I could get awesome skillsets the way you describe, but that just doesn't seems as fun to me personally. But thankfully its optional, so I can largely ignore it, while those who are interested in it can still make use of it. Win-win.

By all means I never said I liked that new feature. I just improbed my old sets and as you said it's alot of fun. And my older files aren't bad so they would still work I guess. Btw who do you think is bezzer takumi or his son

Alright I think I got most of the important info down. If there's anything else you all would recommend let me know

Guess we can make it a rate my team zopic now. And rate other teams

Takumi and his son are both Holy Bowmen…

His son is going to most likely have superior stats, although the precise outcome depends on who is mother is. [He'll have higher stat totals as a child, but the more pertinent question is how they are distributed].

Takumi might very well (even most likely) have an edge thanks to his personal weapon. His personal skill can also give him an extra +3 damage. They both have both of the weaponfaires that would be useful to a Golden Kite Warrior, and of course they can both stick with Holy Bowman as well for stats and no flying weakness.

Takumi and his son are both Holy Bowmen…

His son is going to most likely have superior stats, although the precise outcome depends on who is mother is. [He'll have higher stat totals as a child, but the more pertinent question is how they are distributed].

Takumi might very well (even most likely) have an edge thanks to his personal weapon. His personal skill can also give him an extra +3 damage. They both have both of the weaponfaires that would be useful to a Golden Kite Warrior, and of course they can both stick with Holy Bowman as well for stats and no flying weakness.

Here my plans:

#BlameTakumi x Hana

-Raven Strike

-Ogre Strike/Astra

-Bowfaire

-Breaking Sky

-Counter

-[Rivalry]

Classes required: Shura, Holy Bowman, Basara

Endclass: Holy Bowman

Overall: +1Str

+3Skl

-2Spd

+1Lck

-2Res

Kisaragi x Mitama

Parents: Takumi x Hana

-Breaking Sky

-(Astra)/ Logbook Counter!!

-Raven Strike

-Magic Counter

-Bowfaire

-[Positive Thinking]

Classes required: (Trueblade), Holy Bowman

Endclass: Holy Bowman

Skills inherited: Breaking Sky, Magic Counter

Overall: +3Str

+5Skl

+1Spd

+1Lck

-2Def

Note: In orderfor them to get counter/ogre strike Takumi needs to marry rinka in one of the earlier playthroughs

Alright there's a pitting I wanted to talk about and how I should set them up. I've grown to like Leon and Sakura and I'm currently looking at what Foleo would look like. After looking at modifiers:

Sakura!Foleo

Str: -1

Mag: +5

Skl: 0

Spd: 0

Lck: +1

Def: 0

Res: +3

Not bad. Not spectacular. Foleo would have the Rod Knight, Dark Mage and Priest lines. I want him to be able to use that Magic stat and I'm to sure if his end class should be Exorcist, Sorcerer, or Strategist. Thoughts?

Alright there's a pitting I wanted to talk about and how I should set them up. I've grown to like Leon and Sakura and I'm currently looking at what Foleo would look like. After looking at modifiers:

Sakura!Foleo

Str: -1

Mag: +5

Skl: 0

Spd: 0

Lck: +1

Def: 0

Res: +3

Not bad. Not spectacular. Foleo would have the Rod Knight, Dark Mage and Priest lines. I want him to be able to use that Magic stat and I'm to sure if his end class should be Exorcist, Sorcerer, or Strategist. Thoughts?

Do you want him for PvP or ingame? Becaude for PvP it really depends on the rest of your team.

PvP. Thinking I want Foleo to generally fire off hard hits with magic but also heal. The rest of team I can't say yet so maybe I can't be helped but any suggestions are great in terms of what class.

PvP. Thinking I want Foleo to generally fire off hard hits with magic but also heal. The rest of team I can't say yet so maybe I can't be helped but any suggestions are great in terms of what class.

I think these skills are the best he has naturally access to:

-Tomefaire

-Devilish Wind

-Battle Command

-Magic Counter

-Renewal

-Lifetaker

Taking out Devilish Wind he would make a good support strategist I think. Of course there are better units for stratgist like the one I chose(Anna) but it would work. But you have to consider that he can also marry one and likely will have access to one A+ Supporr so that gives more options. Maybe you can marry him to a unit that has a clss with more offensive skills. Because I think +5 magic would be a waste on support

So saying you want him to hit hard but also heal exorcist would be the best imo.

skills:

Patient Assurance/Sol

Devilish Wind

Vengeance

Tomefaire

Magic Counter/Kunaibreaker

Well this set just hits hard especially if you get hit.

It's far from being perfect but maybe a start. Also you can switch the skills around as you want. Patient assurance is for even more damage. Magic Counter is good together with it cause it puniches the enemy even more for attacking you. Kunaibreaker and Sol are more defensive abilities. Kunaibreaker so the weakness to kunais is solved and Sol for recovery.

Edited by Dämonplay