• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His CCS says he cannot critical. His non-CCS is doubling his Attack. That means he can go to x4 if his CCS is inactive.

That is correct, but I feel that is pointless. At what point is even 2x not gonna hit when it isn't an evasion? 140 + support is hitting everything. I do suppose it is something to keep in mind in case a high defensive wall ever happens.

Minerva's ability reads: ā€œWinds of Macedonā€ / CONT / If there are two or more flying affinity units on your battlefield, this unitā€™s attack is increased by 10.

Does she count as one of the two flying units required to get the bonus?

Minerva's ability reads: ā€œWinds of Macedonā€ / CONT / If there are two or more flying affinity units on your battlefield, this unitā€™s attack is increased by 10.

Does she count as one of the two flying units required to get the bonus?

Rereading her effect, it says 2 or more ally flying units. I'll update the wiki to reflect that.

Currently, I have 3 questions about the rules.

First, I believe Level Up is considered as Class Change as the rulebook and even the official FAQs have always used a bracket(Class Change) directly after the phrase. As such, I believe the benefit of drawing a card is still there? If not, can anyone provide me with an official source?

Second, regarding B01-050SR <Sable Order, Camus> card skill - God Spear Gradius, whereby all cost 2 and below units on opponent's battlefield are destroyed, if the opponent's main character was cost 2 or below, does it mean that the opponent automatically draws an orb card if he has one? And does this add to the number of units destroyed by the skill or are we to consider only the units destroyed besides the main character? Because from the official FAQ it only says the skill can destroy a 2 cost or below Main Character but judging by the existence of orbs, I believe that means 1 orb is automatically destroyed but whether that adds to the destroyed unit count for the latter part of the skill remains ambiguous to me. Hopefully someone could help me double confirm about this.

Last but not least, something similar to second question but a lil different. Regarding B01-097R <Man of Flowerā€™s Fragrance, Inigo> first card skill - Sol, it takes effect when this unit destroys an enemy through a battle, this unit attack power is increased by +20 until end of your opponent's next turn. Say if you won a battle against the opponent's Main Character, but since he still have orbs, an orb was "destroyed" instead, so does Inigo still get +20 or not at all?

Possible rulings I think that works for my questions 2 and 3 will probably be that, since an orb is destroyed in place of the main character, it means the opponent's Main Character does not count as destroyed. So the main character's defeat does not count to the destroyed units for the latter part of the God Spear Gradius skill, nor does Inigo will ever get Sol benefit from successfully defeating the opponent's main character in battle.

For 2 and 3, the MC is destroyed by battle, it just happens to stay on the field, is all. Note that these effects do not require the destroyed unit to go to the retreat area, just be destroyed. So, yes Camus and Inigo still work to their full abilities.

As for 1, I am pretty sure level up is separate, but I get my info secondhand, so if anyone who has a rule book in hand and can translate, please answer this.

First, I believe Level Up is considered as Class Change as the rulebook and even the official FAQs have always used a bracket(Class Change) directly after the phrase. As such, I believe the benefit of drawing a card is still there? If not, can anyone provide me with an official source?

A level up is not considered a class change as if you look at the card they all list what class the unit is. For example Navarre has two Myrmidon cards and two Swordmaster cards. You draw a card when you "promote" a card to it's next class. The rule itself is "At the time a unit Class Changes, you draw a card as a Class Change Bonus."

The interesting thing to take from this ruling is that this means Xane's Imitate ability counts as a Class Change since everything but his Name and Power change. This means ally units with skills that trigger upon an ally class changing will trigger when Imitate is used. By that logic, you should also be drawing a card. So there's a use for Xane.

On an unrelated note: It is possible to level down your own unit.

Edited by Fallsmyer

Yup. It's possible to play a lower cost unit over a higher cost one. In this aspect you could burn your hand to draw a card if you really need to refresh deck.

I should put in a question to see if level down class changes still trigger class change bonus/skill trigger.

Edited by Fallsmyer

For 2 and 3, the MC is destroyed by battle, it just happens to stay on the field, is all. Note that these effects do not require the destroyed unit to go to the retreat area, just be destroyed. So, yes Camus and Inigo still work to their full abilities.

Thanks FutureKnightnightX

A level up is not considered a class change as if you look at the card they all list what class the unit is. For example Navarre has two Myrmidon cards and two Swordmaster cards. You draw a card when you "promote" a card to it's next class. The rule itself is "At the time a unit Class Changes, you draw a card as a Class Change Bonus."

The interesting thing to take from this ruling is that this means Xane's Imitate ability counts as a Class Change since everything but his Name and Power change. This means ally units with skills that trigger upon an ally class changing will trigger when Imitate is used. By that logic, you should also be drawing a card. So there's a use for Xane.

Ok this is where it confuses me because based on this official FAQ fecipher.jp/howto/faq/search.html?cardno=B01-053HN for 053HN Chrom, the answer said that if Xane level up, Chrom gets +20. But Chrom only gets additional +10 for class changed ally units. If transforming allowed Chrom to get additional +10 attack power, they would have just answered "Yes, Chrom does gets +20." But they specifically said only if Xane levelled up would Chrom then get +20. So is there any other mechanics they are talking about here?

Ok this is where it confuses me because based on this official FAQ fecipher.jp/howto/faq/search.html?cardno=B01-053HN for 053HN Chrom, the answer said that if Xane level up, Chrom gets +20. But Chrom only gets additional +10 for class changed ally units. If transforming allowed Chrom to get additional +10 attack power, they would have just answered "Yes, Chrom does gets +20." But they specifically said only if Xane levelled up would Chrom then get +20. So is there any other mechanics they are talking about here?

So, I think I understand what's going on here. It's a typo/misunderstanding from both parties, essentially he starts the question listing if Cost 1 Chrom's effect will activate due to Xane's transformation, but then he lists the power boost from Cost 4 Chrom which is +20 when an ally class changes. When I saw the 20 I assumed he was talking about Cost 4 Chrom, so that's why I came to the conclusion I did.

Edited by Fallsmyer

So, I think I understand what's going on here. It's a typo/misunderstanding from both parties, essentially he starts the question listing if Cost 1 Chrom's effect will activate due to Xane's transformation, but then he lists the power boost from Cost 4 Chrom which is +20 when an ally class changes. When I saw the 20 I assumed he was talking about Cost 4 Chrom, so that's why I came to the conclusion I did.

No, he didn't list the power boost from Cost 4 Chrom because Cost 4 Chrom does not get +20 when an ally unit class changes, instead its the ally unit that is class changed that gets the +20 power boost.

How he mentions the +20 is because of the class changed Virion which triggers Cost 1 Chrom's skill and adds the first +10 to the Cost 1 Chrom. And thus, he is asking if Xane's transform to the class changed Virion would further trigger Cost 1 Chrom's passive skill to give him another +10 which totals to a +20.

However, whoever gave the official answer to the question only stated that if Xane is leveled up, Chrom does gets +20(this is the confusing part because he was not clear as to if this level up mentioned is before or after the transform takes place)

Alright, so the Ī±, āˆž, & symbols and the like indicate when a skill is to be activated from what I gather, do I have that right? Is there a list that says what each means? My friend and I just started playing and we were having a pretty rough time trying to figure out when skills were to be activated and whether they took up a unit's attack or not.

And to clarify, if a unit is attacked outside of their range they can still defend, yes?

Alright, so the Ī±, āˆž, & symbols and the like indicate when a skill is to be activated from what I gather, do I have that right? Is there a list that says what each means? My friend and I just started playing and we were having a pretty rough time trying to figure out when skills were to be activated and whether they took up a unit's attack or not.

And to clarify, if a unit is attacked outside of their range they can still defend, yes?

Yeah, we really oughta fix that. Ī± means "action" and you can thus use it as an action. What this means is you declare that you are using the ability, pay the cost, and then do the effect, all during the Action Phase. āˆž means continuous. This means that as long as the conditions are met, it is active (like Tiki needing 5 or more bonds to gain +30 power). & is automatic.This means that when the conditions are met, the ability activates, with some allowing you to choose whether to activate the effect or not. You can only use the ability once per timing. I'll work on fixing this soon, as I overlooked this.

And yes, you can defend an attack coming from out of the unit's range. They would be evading the attack, not countering it.

In reading the comprehensive rules, it states that you do not draw when you place a bond. Am I to assume that if you wish to place a bond, you must skip drawing for your turn?

No, it's a separate phase, and even happens after you already drew that turn. I specified that you cannot draw, as most TCGs with a similar mechanic have you draw when doing such an action. In Buddyfight, you draw, and then you have the option to "charge" a card (place a card from your hand into the gauge) and if you do this, you would draw another card. Basically, the fact of the matter is, people would think that you could draw another card when you placed a bond if I didn't say that, due to how so many other games work.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new here this is my first post actually hehe. I have a question my friend and I started playing FECipher a weeks ago, We now understand all the rules actually (thanks to all the people that made this possible with the translations and more)well the Question is regarding Elice and her Aum Staff skill. Does the effect of Aum Staff can only use once per match? and that includes Elice right? because on the wiki says "no other allied units may use the Aum Staff" skill and I donĀ“t know if by "allied unit" means Elice too.

Thanks in advance

Edited by IkeCantu

Hi I'm new here this is my first post actually hehe. I have a question my friend and I started playing FECipher a weeks ago, We now understand all the rules actually (thanks to all the people that made this possible with the translations and more)well the Question is regarding Elice and her Aum Staff skill. Does the effect of Aum Staff can only use once per match? and that includes Elice right? because on the wiki says "no other allied units may use the Aum Staff" skill and I donĀ“t know if by "allied unit" means Elice too.

Thanks in advance

That was a slightly confusing translation. I've changed it to be more clear. It reads to the effect of, "After this skill has been used until the end of this game, no allied units may be targeted by this skill." At this point, it's a long-winded way of saying once per match. In the future, we may get some kind of recruit enemy unit skill which would make it so this card's skill is usable more than once.