lol

I don't even play FF, but I don't have access to the newer ones? Should I play the older games from before their betrayal of Nintendo?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

2. 2. Which is better?

• FF10
    • FE10
  3. 3. Which is better?

4. 4. Which one is better?

5. 5. Which one is better?

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(1) Gen V was the best Pokemon generation (we agree on that)

(2) Gen IV was the worst Pokemon generation

(3) The first two Halo campaigns are kinda suckish. They're not terrible, per se; however, they do feel very clunky and dated

(4) Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, while by no means amazing, isn't half as bad as people claim it to be

(5) Monster Hunter Frontier sucks and should stay in Japan/Korea; I'm dreading the slowly growing influence it has on the main series

(6) Metroid Prime Hunters was a decent game; sure, the main single-player mode isn't as big as the mainline Prime games, but it's still pretty enjoyable for what could be done at the time

(7) Shadow of the Colossus is a bad game. The controls are clunky, colossi design is a mixed bag, the overworld is too big and serves no purpose other than to make the original PS2 version run at every framerate that's less than suitable, and the story is paradoxically minimalistic and confusing

(8) Kingdom Hearts isn't half as convoluted as people make it out to be

(9) Skyrim isn't a great game, and definitely doesn't deserve those 9/10 it got; that said, it's still enjoyable

(10) Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the worst looking 3DS games out there, and easily the most suckish 1st-party offering, graphically

1) I actually enjoyed Metroid Other M and its cutscenes. Sure its not the best Metroid game but it was decent.

2) I actually enjoyed Awakening's story and I like timetravel paradoxes.

3) I thought Skyward Sword was a great Zelda game.

4) I prefer Smash 4 over Melee and think its a better game.

...now I'll prepare for the onslaught of hate.

Edited by LordTaco42

1)I liked Nuts and Bolts

2)FE 8 is better then 7

3)Generation 1 to this day is the worst Pokemon gen(I still love it though)

4)Shadow Dragon is a good game(Not the best but it dose not deserve all the hate it gets)

5)Skyrim was not good and did not deserve all the praise

6)Waifu Emblem is one of the best

7)CoD games are stupid and are literally the same game with just new graphics, new maps and new guns

8)Amiibos are stupid

9)PoR and RD were not that good

Another edit...

10)Casual mode was one of the best things added to Fire Emblem

Another edit, the sequel..

11)Navi is the best companion Link has had

12)FF XIII and its sequels are some of the best and well written FF games even comparing to FE 6 and 4

13)FF VII has aged horribly and is extremely overrated and has been milked a lot

14)FF X-2 is good despite its flaws I think it is one of the better FF sequels( also like Paine)

15)FE 3>FE 12 but FE1<FE11

Edited by Azz01

(Well.. here it goes. I dare you to read on.)

1. The framerate of a game is 100 times more important than its graphics.

2. The 8-Bit era hasn't aged well.

3. Amiibo are a scam.

4. Link being left-handed is a must.

5. Shadow of the Colossus doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

6. The last of us is the most overrated game that ever hit the videogame industry.

7. Telltale Games's older adventure games like Sam & Max are better than their recent ones.

8. Fire Emblem is ruined.

Because somebody mentioned if before: B-K: Nuts and Bolts is actually a fun game. (Absolutely not a Banjo-Kazooie game, though.)

Edited by Ragnar

Only played Melee of the mentioned games and it's my second most favorite Smash Bros game after Brawl, although I haven't unlocked much stuff yet.

• FE10 is my favorite videogame of all time
  • FE13 is my least favorite 3DS game I've played yet of about ten games
  • FE11 and FE13 killed the series for me
  • I only liked the 2D Mario platformers for (S)NES
  • I liked Diddy Kong Racing more than Mario Kart 64
  • I never ever will buy a Wii U
  • The amiboo crap just annoys me
  • Zelda and Peach are the only chicks I liked to use in Smash
  • N64 was the best Nintendo console
  • Micaiah shall replace Ike in Smash 4

I know already that lots of people will shake their head.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

I think Oblivion is the best Elder Scrolls game. I think Radiant Dawns story was actually good. I don't like Zelda Wind Waker all that much. I like the Wii U gamepad.

I like these topics, they seem to pop up like mushrooms in someone's backyard. They end up becoming venting topics too.

1. Other M looks fun and interesting

2. Eternal Sonata has the best story

3. Puzzle & Dragons is the second best mobile game

4. Age of Ishtaria is the best mobile game

5. Wii U looks to be the best new age console as far as games go(shots fired amirite)

6. Klonoa is the best thing Namco spat out

7. Ace Combat is the second best Namco anything

8. Konami should just do Gradius and Yu-Gi-Oh and sell the rights to Castlevania to whatshisface

9. Starfox Assault is better than Starfox 64

10. Starfox Adventures is a great game that more people should play

11. Paper Mario: Sticker Star looks fun and interesting

12. I usually play for enjoyment and ignore difficulty

13. Samurai Shodown is the best fighting game series

14. Mario Kart isn't as great as F-Zero

15. Mario Kart does take skill

16. Video Game Awards are opinionated wank fests

17. Shmups are great and should be on every console

18. I prefer Gunvolt and friends to Mega Man and friends

19. The Mega Man Zero series(and the ZX games) are the best Mega Man games

20. Daisy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rosalina >>>>>>>>>>>> Peach

1)I actually like Navi from Legend of Zelda.

2)Beowolf/Raquesis is my favourite FE4 pairing.

3)Luigi is a million times better than Mario.

4)The fifth Pokemon generation is tied with the third as the best Pokemon generation.

Edit:

5)Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask are the best LoZ games.

6)Emmeryn should have just stayed death.

7)Everyone should just stop complainig about every single thing in a video game.

8)Every single pokemon generation has it's flaws but they are all good.

Edited by Yari

Melee is the worst smash brothers game.

Ocarina of Time is the worst Zelda game.

I think Radiant Dawn's story is fine.

Mario Kart 64 is a terrible game, and has aged horribly.

Generation 1 Pokemon games are the worst Pokemon games.

FE7 is not that good.

Skyward Sword is a good game and one of the better Zelda games.

Micaiah is one of the better developed lords in the series.

Hector is one of the worst lords in the series.

Persona 3 is much better than 4.

The Devil Survivor games are the best games in the SMT series.

Lucina is one of the better written characters in Awakening, and Chrom is the worst written character in Awakening.

Awakening is not that good.

Leonardo is a good unit.

A Link Between Worlds is leagues better than A Link to the Past.

I hate FF tactics (mechanically).

Modern fighting games are all terrible.

2D Mario games control like ass.

Bastion is a slow, tedious, and wholly unenjoyable experience.

Pretty much every title made by Platinum Games is full of crippling design woes that the fanbase always overlooks due to the stagnation within the genre since DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden Black.

Bayonetta is more like God of War than Devil May Cry

Metal Gear Rising is a game that's specifically created to make the player feel like they're doing cool or interesting things without ever actually making them as a player have any thoughtful input. It also has the worst soundtrack of any videogame ever.

DMC1 is still better than just about every other action game ever made on mechanics except for DMC3.

All 3d Tales games are terrible with the exception of Graces F (possibly Hearts R, haven't played it yet). Phantasia aged like hot garbage too.

Shadow Dragon is a fantastic remake and one of the better Fire Emblem games.

Arkham City is way worse than Arkham Asylum.

All Super Robot Wars games are about 80% boring (piss weak mooks) and then 20% frustration (bullshit bosses). The only reason to bother playing them is the crossover stories, which have been irrelevant and uninspired for decades.

Edited by Irysa

1. FFXIII is a Top 5 final fantasy game

2. PS3 is the best console of any generation

3. FE7 is a mediocre game by all standards, and one of the worst Fire Emblems (believe me like 7 years ago most players had a rager for it)

4. Jugdral FEs had a really really good story

5. Twilight Princess is the perfection of the Zelda formula

30 fps isn't a horrible satanic thing sent by god to punish us.

7. FPS is overrated and does not determine graphical quality

8. People bitch too much about things being ruined in general

Edited by Lord Raven

1) I enjoy Star Fox Assault over Starfox 64

2) Star Fox Adventures is a great game

3) Amiibos are a complete waste of money

4) I think Sonic Adventure is better than Sonic Adventure 2

3) Shadow Dragon is not as bad as people make it out to be

4) I enjoy the Battle Network and Star Force series of Mega Man as much as the Classic series

5) Twilight Princess is a better Zelda than Ocarina of Time

6) Mighty No. 9 is shaping up to be a disappointment

7) Sonic Unleashed's day and night stages are both terrible. The day stages, while fast paced are extremely linear, and you know why the night time stages suck.

Gen 2 was the worst Pokemon Gen (Kanto was completely unnecessary as well)

Shadow Dragon is a good game both on it's own and compared to other FE games

Gen 6 of Pokemon is actually a good one

Gen 5 was probably one of the most creative gens

Yukari in the Answer of Persona 3 is not a bitch

Gen 3 had the best Pokemon games of all time (R/S/E: Mystery Dungeon: Gamecube games)

. The day stages, while fast paced are extremely linear, and you know why the night time stages suck.

I actually don't, could you explain?

1) Shadow Dragon was a pretty good game.

2) A good texture mod should prioritise maintaining the feel of the originals over being as hi-res as possible.

3) The first Golden Sun was better than Lost Age.

4) There's rarely ever a good reason to get angry about video games.

5) Amiibo's are pointless.

6) There's no secret conspiracy to ruin or censor video games.

7) Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas: if only by virtue of not corrupting my save file.

Edited by Shuuda

I actually totally agree with OP about Melee and Gen V, and really only particularly disagree with NES Zelda being better than OoT, but hey, different things for different people.

*XI was the best numbered Final Fantasy. Probably still is, tbh; don't have a particularly high opinion of the rest of them outside of maybe I or III. (Not a fan of FF's ATB.)

*Super Mario Kart was the best Mario Kart until 8.

*8-bit gaming in general is highly overrated. While I appreciate the NES for saving video gaming as we know it, it unfortunately couldn't "save" much else. 16-bit was where it was at.

*The N64 controller design is very under-appreciated (though the controller itself did have legitimate technical flaws).

All this being said, "unpopular" and "gaming" are both highly relative terms. "Mobile (phone) gaming is unfun" would technically count as such an opinion when using very general metrics, as would an opinion that held tabletop gaming preferable to video gaming. One should be very judicious when determining what qualifies.

1) I don't like the direction that Fire Emblem is taking.
2) I actually didn't mind Shadow Dragon.
3) FF12 and 9 are the best FFs.
4) Phantom Hourglass was pretty fun.
5) I prefer Persona 3 to P4.
6) I don't really like Pokemon all that much.
7) I prefer older games (like SNES) to more recent games.
8) GBA is one of my favorite systems.
9) I had a lot of nostalgia for Gamecube and especially SSBM due to it being released very close to when I was born.
10) Kingdom Hearts 2 was the first game I ever completed without help from siblings or guides at around 4-5 years old, yet to this day, I still haven't beaten the first one.

15. Mario Kart does take skill

At first I read this as "doesn't" and I was about to object, but no, you're absolutely right. Anybody who says otherwise has, first of all, never seen an unskilled Mario Kart player try to play.

1) I actually like the modification in recent pokemon game, such as infinite HM and EXP share that gives EXP to all the party. I just don't want to waste my time grinding for X hours.

2) I actually don't like Ocarina of time that much, I still like it, but I find it annoying at time and I prefer Majora's Mask over it.

3) I really fucking dislike this whole incarnation/timeline BS of Skyward Sword, and I'm not even talking about the manga, if I didn't knew Zelda since I was a kid, it would've ruined the series for me.

4) I think that giving a definite personality or past to Link is stupid. Link is a link between the game and the player, stop giving him a past, childhood friends, kids think of him as an older brother, just leave me alone with this crap.. And leave me alone with the shitty tutorial too please, let me play the freaking game.

5) I have no problem with story in Zelda games, heck though, I love TP for that, despite it's linearity.

6) I think that Bioware's games are way overated and doesn't deserve all the praise they get AT ALL.

7) Amiibos are complete crap, and I don't understand why people would ever buy it. It's just so freaking stupid.

8) I love Sacred Stones very much.

9) People dislike Shadow Dragon ? I don't. Sure, there's no support, the graphism are kinda crap and I don't like the soundtrack that much, but I love it. Plus, Marth's characterization is awesome, like the story.

10) I honestly think that Dark Souls is not that hard. Sure, you'll die a lot, but ultimately, it's a gameplay mechanic and nothing more..You just need a little determination. And a brain.

11) I'm honestly getting tired of the Tales of series, it's not what it used to be, it's now just manga crap now.

12) Skyrim is overated, sure, it's a good game, but not that much, the story is complete crap, the faction are disappointing, dumb, and full of plothole (Hello Dark brotherhood and thief's guild), the magic is complete crap, the characters are annoying and pushed in your face, most of the quests are just so freaking boring... I'll stop now.

13) Oblivion is better than Skyrim in almost every way.
14) However, the story of Morrowind is superior than both Skyrim (Duh), and Oblivion, Oblivion is still very, very good story-wise though.

15) I think that the Assassin's creed series is not that good anymore, it's now just a cashcow franchise.

16) Devil Survivor 1 is better than Devil Survivor 2, especially story-wise.

17) I think that SMT are not what it used to be.

18) Can they shut the hell up with their friendship BS message from P4 ? Seriously.

19) Speaking of P4, I think that the story and Social links are almost all mindblowingly stupid.
20) I actually like all Pokemon games, there's thing that I dislike there and there in some games but in the end, I like them.

Edited by B.Leu

1)The 3D Zelda games aren't better than the 2D ones and I feel bad for people who have only played the 3D Zelda games.

2)Donkey Kong is overrated.

3)The Wario Ware games are better than the Wario Land games.

4)Animal Crossing and Wario World are the best Gamecube games.

5)FE1 is the best Fire Emblem game

4) Phantom Hourglass was pretty fun.

Edited by Rabbattack