lol

I don't even play FF, but I don't have access to the newer ones? Should I play the older games from before their betrayal of Nintendo?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

2. 2. Which is better?

• FF10
    • FE10
  3. 3. Which is better?

4. 4. Which one is better?

5. 5. Which one is better?

1) I don't see why so many people like Final Fantasy.

2) I think SSBB was the best Smash Brothers game.

3) I think Gen 3 was the best Pokemon generation.

4) I hate Gen 5 to a ridiculous extent.

5) FE8>FE7

6) Fire Emblem: Awakening, as much as I like it, is my least favorite FE of the ones that I have played.

7) I prefer Nintendo over Sony and Microsoft (but that probably isn't uncommon around here)

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) The Skyrim games aren't fun

2) PC games aren't fun

3) Conception II was a decent game

4) IMO Xbox doesn't have any good games, other than GTA

5) The Wii is my second favourite Nintendo console

6) The Amiibo's are really irritating. And only because I can't find any of the FE ones in my local stores. Like, I seriously DON'T want a Peach/Bowser/Mario/Link. Why must u do dis 2 meh.

7) I really don't like Lucina or Tharja, they are two of my least favourite FE 13 characters

8) However, Inigo and Severa are my two favourite FE characters of all time. Followed closely by Lyn, Lucius, Erk and Marth. I want a Marth amiibo so I can get him in Fates when it comes out.

9) I actually liked Awakening's storyline

10) Minecraft is the worst game I have ever brought

1. Star Fox Assault is my favourite and I'm not looking forward to Star Fox Zero all that much.

2. Radiant Dawn's story isn't nearly as bad as people say it is, only part 4 kinda sucks.

3. I think the Metroid Prime series is almost entirely better than the classic Metroids.

4. Valve is not the godsend company everyone says they are. Most of their games are good, if only they actually made any more.

5. The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series is better than the regular Pokemon series.

6. This is kind of a response to two other opinions, but I've never understood complaints about Shadow of the Colossus's controls and I think SoC's overworld's uselessness is subjective.

7. There is no best or perfect Zelda game.

8. Nintendo's marketing team has to get with the times.

9. Skyrim is bad and overhyped.

10. Gen IV of Pokemon is the second best.

11. Mario has not been really innovative since Mario Galaxy.

1.) I think Phantom Hourglass is better than people say.

2.) I don't like the direction Fire Emblem is going.

3.) I think Dual Strike was the best game in the Advance Wars series.

4.) I originally didn't like how Smash 4 was going to switch to a brighter tone than the Brawl washed out color scheme.

5.) Gen 4 is the best gen due to how much new things they tried such as customizable Pokeballs, walking Pokemon and get this...A RUN BUTTON WHERE YOU DON'T HOLD B.

4) I think that giving a definite personality or past to Link is stupid. Link is a link between the game and the player, stop giving him a past, childhood friends, kids think of him as an older brother, just leave me alone with this crap.. And leave me alone with the shitty tutorial too please, let me play the freaking game.

5) I have no problem with story in Zelda games, heck though, I love TP for that, despite it's linearity.

Dont these two contradict each other?

5)FE1 is the best Fire Emblem game

Doesnt this contradict your favorite FE game on the sidebar?

1) I don't see why so many people like Final Fantasy.

I don't know how this is an unpopular opinion. An unpopular opinion is "I don't like Final Fantasy."

1. You can win against Garnef.

2. Shadow Dragon, though it could have been much better than it is, is a great game (though this isn't as unpopular an opinion as it is made out to be; just look at all the posts above).

3. Playing FE11 is not a proper substitute for playing FE1.

4. Playing FE12 is not a proper substitute for playing FE3.

5. FE1, though it has aged quite badly, is a great game.

6. I'm scared of the direction Fire Emblem is going in.

7. I don't ship any characters in any video games.

>Unpopular opinions topic.

>Half of them are either fairly normal or even rather popular opinions.

>Another quarter aren't opinions in the first place.

As expected. My own are pretty limited, though:

>Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is a great game with a great story.

>Super Smash Bros. Melee is a great game but its competitive scene has grown stale and dull.

>Pokemon gens 1 and 2, while great for their time, are not the best by any means, and anyone who says either of them are the best only says so through nostalgia.

1) The Skyrim games aren't fun

There is only one Skyrim. Edited by Red Fox of Fire

16) Devil Survivor 1 is better than Devil Survivor 2, especially story-wise.

Oh, forgot to include this, can't possibly be stressed enough.

And I guess having 12 as my favourite FF is somewhat unpopular.

Wind Waker is my least favorite zelda game and probably one the games that bored me the most

Skyward Sword is great

Radiant Dawn is my least favorite Fire Emblem game and part 2 is IMO the worst thing in any fire emblem game I've played (and I've played all of them but the first three and thracia)

Shadow Dragon is fantastic and better than New Mystery

Robin is not that bad but Kris is.

Nintendo kind of deserves their failure when it comes to home consoles and could learn a lot from Sony

XY are fantastic pokemon games but ORAS bored me and made me rethink my love for gen 3.

REmake is by far the best resident evil game. Revalations is the best resident evil game since 4.

CoD can be enjoyable once in a while

GTA is great and there's nothing wrong with it having so much violence.

I don't see the point of amiibos

Final Fantasy 3 (the actual 3, not 6) is my favorite FF game

1. Video games are boring.

Why play video games when you can complain about them on the internet, right? :p Edited by Nobody

1. Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD are not spin off

2. The motion controls in Skyward Sword are useful

3. The Kirby's games are hard to play

4. Kindom Hearts 358/2 days has the best design boss and skills and items management

5. Pokémon X and Y has a good story

6. Sakurai had the best idea by adding the tripping mechanic in Brawl

7. Kid Icarus is a popular franchise

8. MOBA are overrated

9. Blizzard is the best video compagny ever.

10. COD games are not a waste of money

This thread is showing that, when it comes to liking or disliking a game, both sides consider their opinions to be unpopular compared to the other side's opinion.

3)Phantom Hourglass wasn't that bad

I also liked Phantom Hourglass, but I didn't get into Spirit Tracks. My favorite thing about PH was actually the multiplayer.

Also,

-I really loved Xenoblade, but mostly every sidequest that wasn't a "kill a unique monster" quest sucked. That being said, I still did a pretty substantial portion of 'em.

-Not a big fan of wind waker.

-That shitty starfox game for the DS was fun.

-Freedom Planet's gameplay is better than what I've played of 2D sonic (1, 2, 3).

Dont these two contradict each other?

No. I mean, it is a kind of odd pair of opinions to hold and they do potentially conflict somewhat, but you can have a story that doesn't require the main character to have much of a defined. See mute main character JRPGs. In Twilight Princess, for instance, I might argue that Midna has more of a story than Link does. (I might)

15) I think that the Assassin's creed series is not that good anymore, it's now just a cashcow franchise.

I agree with this so much. I forgot to mention it in my post.

I just never liked it to begin with though.

1)The 3D Zelda games aren't better than the 2D ones and I feel bad for people who have only played the 3D Zelda games.

2)Donkey Kong is overrated.

3)The Wario Ware games are better than the Wario Land games.

4)Animal Crossing and Wario World are the best Gamecube games.

5)FE1 is the best Fire Emblem game

I thought you liked the Donkey Kong games?

It seems like most people don't talk about them much.

I thought Phantom Hourglass was regarded as pretty decent by most people...

1) The second legend of zelda game is amazing

2) I can't stand persona 3. I just can't get into a game when I have literally no threat or driving force. Oh no, shadows are attacking some people and other people are safe in coffins.

3) SMT: Devil Survivor overclocked is the best smt game.

4) Bloodborne has a lot of problems that I haven't seen most reviewers comments on. Mostly how stupid armor works since there is no poise system. Meaning you can get stunlocked with no counter if you get unlucky and attacked by too many quick enemies. Don't forget everybody's favorite enemy http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Brainsucker with enough super armor to make brawl metaknight seem under powered.

Let's see... I know I can list at least a few.

1. Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker are the worst Zelda games and two of the worst games I've ever played (should've sold my copies, but now there's no point since TWW HD and MM 3D exist)

2. Gen 3 is the worst Pokemon generation by far and Hoenn is the worst region by far.

3. Gen 4 is the best generation in Pokemon.

4. Super Paper Mario is the only really good Paper Mario game and isn't a bad game at all.

5. Skyward Sword and Four Swords Adventures are the best home console Zelda games.

6. Skyward Sword is the best Zelda and the best 3D Zelda.

7. Tri Force Heroes doesn't look like a bad Zelda game at all, it looks very fun (seriously, I've seen so much hate for this game already, it's sad. It might not be Four Sword Zelda, but it's fairly close and it still has me excited).

8. Fire Emblem 7 is rather boring.

9. Chrom and Lucina are terrible characters.

10. Fire Emblem is the best Nintendo series.

That's all I can think of for now.

A lot of people dislike Phantom Hourglass mostly because of the time dungeon and the lack of unique items. I think it's decent.

Many people hate Spirit Tracks, despite its improvements, because of lol trains.

Edited by Knight

What? Spirit Tracks is awesome! I can hardly believe that a lot of people hate it. The train is fun, if you ask me. :( Oh, and you can collect bunnies!

Edited by Anacybele

A lot of people just don't the DS game's touchscreen playstyle as well. Though I find it rather easy to get used to.

I really hated Spirit Tracks, the tower dungeons were fun but that's about all I liked. The whole on a train thing bothered me because you couldn't go anywhere special, I didn't think I was exploring to find anything cool. It mostly felt like a one way train ride right to the dungeons. Also using the mic for music sections is the worst thing ever.

1. Henry in Awakening freaking sucked. I hated that guy

That's about it! I know Henry was at least generally well-liked here at SF, but I'm not so sure about other places.

I really hated Spirit Tracks, the tower dungeons were fun but that's about all I liked. The whole on a train thing bothered me because you couldn't go anywhere special, I didn't think I was exploring to find anything cool. It mostly felt like a one way train ride right to the dungeons. Also using the mic for music sections is the worst thing ever.

This. It felt like it was trying to re-enact the Wind Waker feel but it was really bad. I ended up dropping the game at a music section when I decided the game didn't want me to progress because I couldn't get the notes or w/e down properly no matter how hard I tried. Bottle-necked by horrible mechanics.

Phantom Hourglass wasn't bad, though.

Playing the pan flute was the only part I found annoying at all, but eventually I kind of got the hang of it.

I gave up on PH because of the stupid Temple of the Ocean King. Worst idea ever. I'd rather play any part of TWW or MM than that BS.

1)Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game.

2)Generation IV was the best Pokemon generation.

3)I prefer Super Mario Sunshine over Galaxy/64.On that note:

4)Super Mario Sunshine is the best 3D Mario game,and it's becoming underrated because of the newer 3D games.

5)I prefer Devil May Cry 4 over 3.

6)I kind of like the Devil May Cry reboot.Keywords are kind of.

7)Shadow the Hedgehog is my second favourite Sonic game.Colors is my favourite.

8)I like Sonic 06 because it's a glitchy mess.

I feel like I just admitted stuff that can make an entire fandom hate me.Especially the Devil May Cry stuff.

Edited by ShadowShine

I thought you liked the Donkey Kong games?

It seems like most people don't talk about them much.

I like Donkey Kong. The games are great, but aren't anything new or amazing. This stigma really only comes from people asking for King K Rool to be in smash. My hate for K Rool extends to the rest of the series.

1) The second legend of zelda game is amazing

It is. I think Nintendo should make another Zelda game like it or at least add elements from it into the next Zelda game. If Zelda U had a magic system with spells that would be amazing.

is anyone else here looking forward to skylanders supercharged? anyone!! i swear i will find at least one other person on sf who is!

4) New Super Mario Brothers U is the best 2D Mario game
6)Mother 1 is better than EarthBound
7)Mother 1 is the best Mother game
8)Generation V of Pokemon was the best generation

a lot of people like nsbu...

why is 6 there? earthbound i a mother game lol

lots of people love gen 5