lol

I don't even play FF, but I don't have access to the newer ones? Should I play the older games from before their betrayal of Nintendo?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

2. 2. Which is better?

• FF10
    • FE10
  3. 3. Which is better?

4. 4. Which one is better?

5. 5. Which one is better?

I liked the first Skylanders and the second was not too bad but everything after was purely milking the franchise.(And the wallets of people everywhere.)

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the first Skylanders and the second was not too bad but everything after was purely milking the franchise.(And the wallets of people everywhere.)

i've never played any skylanders before it's just that one actually looks like a fun little action platformer....wtih dk and bowser :L

1. FE4 is my least favorite FE

2. Pokémon is highly overrated and only Leafgreen(and Firered) are good games.

3. Crash Bandicoot Warped is the greatest game ever made

4. Shadow the Hedgehog is a good game

5. It's a good thing Shouzou Kaga left Nintendo

6. Radiant Dawn and FE4 have worse stories than Awakening

7. Leif is a worse lord than Roy(not by much tho)

8. FE7 and POR are the only 2 FEs better than Awakening

Flame Shield up

^Yeah, the plot is hilarious, granted that isn't what they were going for, but still. I honestly love the gameplay tho. I love 3D platformers and shooters, this game is both, and I love it for it.

Also more unpopular opinions of mine

9.Super Mario Galaxy is only an okay game

10. I prefer Zelda the Wind Waker's artstyle to other Zeldas(and would love to see an FE with this artstyle, POR is cel-shaded, but WW looks better)

11. Super Mario Bros the Lost Levels is the second best Mario game

> Sonic R is great, the most fun Sonic game to play

> Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 are both extremely fun to play online, Mario Kart 8 gets boring fast

> Game & Wario is a clever, fantastic game

> SMB 3 is the worst Super Mario game

> Trixie is best girl, fite me Hoshi

I notice there's a lot of P3 > P4 going around. I've only watched parts of each be played and seen P4 the Animation. While I really fell in love the P4 cast, the P3 cast seems like they have a more serious and subtle tone to them, which I can see the appeal for. I don't really have an opinion on this as it's something I'm not all too familiar with, but I would like to hear people people's thoughts since I've been wanting to get into the series for a while.

I also think that disliking the new direction of FE isn't an unpopular opinion at all.

replies:

• I liked Diddy Kong Racing more than Mario Kart 64

I feel the same way. Rare made a really accessible, cartoony atmosphere for the game which I find really appealing. I also love the 1-P mode, the world map, and using different vehicles for the courses. I always found it much more exciting than MK 64~

13. Samurai Shodown is the best fighting game series

It's definitely underrated, VI is one of my favorite fighting games. It has some of the most creative characters and it's still easy for anyone to pick up and play.

I hate what people consider gamer culture. Its gross. People should not define themselves by what they consume.

6) There's no secret conspiracy to ruin or censor video games.

So much.

I really detested the DS Zelda games and Skyward Sword. They just didnt feel like a Zelda experience to me. More like a bloody headache.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was the best one out of the bunch in terms of sheer fun.

Mother 3, while decent, wasnt enough for me to want to finish it.

Lego games are freaking awesome.

I had more fun with Gone Home than I did Myst.

I feel that Pokemon becomes needlessly more complex with each game, and for that reason alone, i am very turned off to the series. (Gen Wun, yo :P)

The Super Smash Bros "competitive scene" makes me snicker.

I have been rather bored with Mario for about 15 years now.

Thus i wish to see more good Wario games.

I dont like Starfox.

While it would be unfortunate if they never made anymore F-Zero games ever, i really wouldnt be arsed if they decided that.

MMOs, i dont like them.

Zelda II really is the business.

Indie gaming > just about everything else right now.

Animal Crossing is one of the greatest things to ever happen to video games, period.

Yay, time for hate!

1.) Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks are great games, and some of my favorite

2.) OoT is overrated as hell

3.) The Water Temple is not hard in the slightest

4.) I don't like FE7 that much

5.) I actually don't mind grinding in FE (I kinda want it...)

6.) Lucina is not as bad as everyone says she is

7.) A Link Between Worlds is the best Zelda game

8.) Melee isn't fun, Brawl isn't that bad sans tripping

9.) Gen VI is great, Gen I is overrated and needlessly worshiped

10.) I don't think Bravely Default is repetitive

11.) Navi isn't annyoing

12.) Kirby's Epic Yarn is a great game and one of my favorite games of all time

13.) I don't like Professor Layton: Miracle Mask

14.) Playing with items in Smash is fun

15.) I hate Fe!Morgan

16.) 2D Zelda games are better than the 3D ones (But TP is still my favorite)

17.) Mario Galaxy wasn't that amazing

Edited by SageOfAnys

1. Skyrim is boring. It never feels like you're actually doing anything. And no, mods are never, and will never, be an argument for why a game is good.

2. Monster Hunter isn't fun. Killing fantastical, interesting monsters, and crafting your own gear from their carcass sounds like something that can't not be fun. Of course Monster Hunter came along, and went, "You know this is a cool, and fun idea for a game. Why don't we bury it under mindless tedium! Hell, while we're at it why don't we make every weapon in the game super clunky! No one could enjoy that, right?"

I know I have a few more unpopular opinions, but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Oh, I agree with the Water Temple in OoT not being hard, Navi not being annoying, and Melee not being fun. And Brawl not being bad except for tripping. Forgot about those. :P

And gen 6 Pokemon is great! Gen 3 is overrated as hell.

1. I don't really care much for Zelda or Pokemon these days.

2. I don't really care for Kirby and the Crystal Shards. It's just too slow for my tastes, and being able to mix abilities doesn't make up for the lack of Super Star-style abilities(i.e. ones with more than one move). Don't really like Dream Land 2 either.

3. I don't like "open world" games like the Elder Scrolls. When I play them I don't feel like there's any point or that I know what or where I'm supposed to be going. Though I do like Metroidvanias.

4. All of the Fire Emblem games are good and anyone who thinks that any of the FE games are bad needs to play some actually bad video games.

5. Metroid on the NES has aged terribly and is not very good.

6. Mega Man 2 is not the best game in the series or even on the NES. Too much fake difficulty.

7. I like FE3 Book 1 a lot and feel it's worth playing. The cut content doesn't matter as much as people often claim.

8. All the additions in FE12 make the game worse. This includes My Unit, the assassins subplot, the Gaiden chapters, and all the characters from FE1/11 shoved into the story with no rhyme or reason. The BSFE chapters were good though.

you think super mario lost levels is better than mario 3??? but why

In SMB3 I don't like the physics, the graphics/colors look bad, overall the level design seems lackluster, I feel like items like the hammer/cloud shouldn't exist and are awkward, the game is annoyingly long for having no saves, etc.

tbh I haven't played much of Lost Levels, it's more of me disliking SMB3.

Hoshi, I prefer Lost Levels to 3 for 2 reasons, 1. I prefer Mario's control in SMB1 and TLL to 3's and 2. It's honestly the only Mario game that gives me a challenge.

I think SMW is the best Mario, but TLL comes close imo for actually posing a challenge and favorite control over Mario.

Also, for more opinions o mine, Sigurd is a very boring character who I disliked so much I was rooting for Arvis, a much more interesting character, by chapter 5.

Gaiden and Tear Ring Saga are the only great Kaga produced FE games, the rest are good, but they just didn't do much for me.

I want a FE game with guns.

Edited by MCProductions

2. Monster Hunter isn't fun. Killing fantastical, interesting monsters, and crafting your own gear from their carcass sounds like something that can't not be fun. Of course Monster Hunter came along, and went, "You know this is a cool, and fun idea for a game. Why don't we bury it under mindless tedium! Hell, while we're at it why don't we make every weapon in the game super clunky! No one could enjoy that, right?"

This, the game has so much cool stuff with fighting monsters. After some fishing, egg, farming, hitting little monsters, and grinding out the same monsters to make any gear. I really like killing a pool of 5 monsters early game. You know, the only ones you will be fighting for the first 10 hours.

5. It's a good thing Shouzou Kaga left Nintendo

He worked for Intelligent Systems, not Nintendo. And he only did the early ones, which are usually considered to have a good story for their time?

Few more:

I like Shadow the Hedgehog, gameplay wise. It was fun.

I hate FPS's, except for Perfect Dark and Borderlands.

I actually don't, could you explain?

The gameplay was quite tedious, and it quickly became a hack and slash brawler. It was too slow for a Sonic game essentially.

This, the game has so much cool stuff with fighting monsters. After some fishing, egg, farming, hitting little monsters, and grinding out the same monsters to make any gear. I really like killing a pool of 5 monsters early game. You know, the only ones you will be fighting for the first 10 hours.

I couldn't have fun killing the monsters because all the weapons were too slow. The only thing I could wield without wanting to hurt something IRL was the dual blades, but those deal pitiful damage. Then there's the sharpening mechanic. Just in case you were starting to have fun with the game you now have to stop fighting, and of course when you wield dual blades you're going to constantly be sharpening.

You might want to check out this series called God Eater. It's basically Monster Hunter except without all that fishing, and stuff. I sunk 20ish hours into the game, and had fun. Personally it still plays too much like Monster Hunter, but you sound like you like MH more than I do anyway. There's also Toukiden, but honestly I don't know much about that game other than hearing someone say, "It's like MH, but without all the tedium."

Now, to get back to the usually scheduled negativity:

3. Borderlands isn't that good. You're always either sifting through menus, or unloading clip upon clip into normal enemies. That wouldn't be so bad if you had more than one ability per class, but that would add some variety to combat, so they couldn't have that. They're also not as funny as everyone thinks they are, and the series should just move on from Handsome Jack. Tales from the Borderlands is pretty good though.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Unpopular cultural opinions:

*Eron Gjoni's break-up has damaged (and will likely continue to damage) gaming far more than social justice ever could.

*MOBAs have bar-none the most toxic communities. Fighting games are second. First-person shooters are third.

Edited by Tamarsamar

Why do people not like Melee? Please, all of you tell me, preferably without that ignorant whining of "the only character used is Fox".

In any case...

• Fire Emblem is not ruined, so shut your whiny little mouths, elitists.
  • Self-inserts are quite hit-or-miss.
  • Fanservice in a game is to be expected. After all, a company requires money to sustain itself, and money does not grow on trees. No, it comes from the wallet of some otaku shmuck or another.

Why do people not like Melee? Please, all of you tell me, preferably without that ignorant whining of "the only character used is Fox".

In any case...

Fire Emblem is not ruined, so shut your whiny little mouths, elitists.

You viciously defend Melee, then accuse other people of elitism? Okay.

If it isn't obvious, people don't like Melee for the same reason Sakurai doesn't like Melee: the game is just way too dang fast for anyone who isn't a fighting game lunatic. It is literally humanly impossible to play Fox to his fullest potential, for instance. Fact of the matter is, the barrier to entry is such that you've either already been playing the game for over a decade, or you have since moved on like a sane person.

Whoa, I wasn't expecting... that.

I like Melee myself but I'm not terribly good at it, especially when all of my mains aren't very good.

I just said I don't like the direction FE is taking, but that doesn't mean I won't play it. I think.

On that last bullet, there wasn't much fanservice in FE before the more recent ones. The series as a whole is changing pretty significantly and a few aren't overjoyed with that?

I think I agree with some of what you're saying but you're not presenting it well.

Monster Hunter is fun for what, 10 minute or so, when it becomes annoying. There's always the multiplayer, but that too becomes boring after a while.

21) Even though I acknowledge how good Pokemon's multiplayer is, I honestly don't care much about it. It's not what Pokemon is about, to me it's the main game, the exploration, the PNJ, the pokemons, the main story, the arenas, the adventure.

22) I really don't like the battle tower and it's copy. Doing XX overly long battle for XX time, where's the fun in that ?

23) However I do like the Contest, I honestly think this is the kind of secondary thing that pokemon need.

24) HMs really annoys me, having to sacrifice one move slot to have a move that'll be mainly used outside of battle... Granted, most of them are not bad, but they're still a waste of slot. I'd rather have them being a special item that you can use or something.

You viciously defend Melee, then accuse other people of elitism? Okay.

If it isn't obvious, people don't like Melee for the same reason Sakurai doesn't like Melee: the game is just way too dang fast for anyone who isn't a fighting game lunatic. It is literally humanly impossible to play Fox to his fullest potential, for instance. Fact of the matter is, the barrier to entry is such that you've either already been playing the game for over a decade, or you have since moved on like a sane person.

Well, I was simply saying that so I didn't have to waste my time explaining why Fox was not the only character used. Do people honestly think 20XX will happen?

... At least you don't. Thanks for the reassurance. But Melee is fast? I guess I should be taking it easy, then. And play some Smash 4, when I should be playing EOIII. And might you mention what this barrier of entry is? Anybody is able to play Melee, if they are capable of using a Gamecube controller. There's no real difference between that, and a newbie playing Smash 4 for the first time. For that matter, anybody can join a tournament, though they may not get far in it. There's no bloody barrier of entry, unless you're referring to the sort that involves beating the top guys, and the people able to go against them on equal footing.

EDIT:

I just said I don't like the direction FE is taking, but that doesn't mean I won't play it. I think.

I was referring to those who said that FE was ruined or some foolish claim like that,not those who simply said that they were uneased or unsure about the future of FE. Edited by ScarletFlame