I'm looking for FE6 remake/rebalance hacks

Fala

I can't stand the vanilla game but I'm having trouble finding the good stuff.

Help?

To be honest, most of them are fairly flawed. I think I recall one that gave weapons their FE7 hit rates but I could be mistaken.

There is the reverse recruitment hack, however no attention was given to battle palettes, so some of their characters look like vomit, sadly. I'll attach the hack.

I have one FE6 hack called 'James Patch' but don't know anything about it. I will attach it to this post.

I have two patches for early promotion, but they are prepatched ROMs and I don't know the author.

There is a small rebalance by Gringe in the fan project section, but its scope seems limited and will probably feel very vanilla.

You can also get the nightmare modules and play around with classes, stats, and items yourself. I have not found a large remix or overhaul hack for FE6.

FE6 James Patch.zip

fe6rr.zip

Edited by Celice

• 2 months later...

Dluna's patch on FE6 is the best i think

as it gives a balanced difficulty carve,

makes more units viable,

increases the weapons available for the players,

makes affinities better,

has some more enemies and more stealables (promotion+stat boosters)

and makes the last 3 chapters more epic.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34333

However it uses the lol translation. Wish he could update it.

• 4 months later...

I made a great one but Nightmare fucked it up when it comes to any animations involving a weapon breaking or a weapon level being gained. It just freezes. I have no idea why it happens even after hours of troubleshooting and trial and error.

• 2 weeks later...

I started one years back but never got around to finishing it. It was pretty much a "clean-up" patch balancing weapons and classes and making unusable characters (Sophia for example) useful. And like anything else I make, the enemies received buffs in stats, weapons, and AI (Within reason, it was easier then FE12 lunatic, yet harder then Hector hard mode for example). It got lost on my old dead computer sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

Tell and/or give me everything you know/have about hacking FE12, please! Namely any database information on characters and unit disposition.

• 2 years later...