[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

Looking great so far guys, thanks a lot for all your hard effort so far! Here's to hoping Smealum will update Ninjhax to 9.8.0! A quick question however, the font used for the translation, that's the same as Awakening's right? Do any of you know the name of the font? Anyway, thanks again to all of you. Don't forget to take a break as well every-so-often and take care of yourself!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For this Game, you need to have the slot0x25KeyX.bin on the root of your SD-Card.

it is needed to decrypt the 7.x-encrypted part of the Game.

We're not allowed to share this file (Copyright). You have to google for it :/

I managed to get the slot0x25KeyX.bin (with the hex values) but whenever I try to launch the decrypt9 on my 3DS it won't work. I'm using the browser option and instead of getting me to the black screen, it returns to the home screen with the warning to restart my system. T_T

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm using an Old 3DS with the firmware 9.2.0. And I used gateway to get the ROM. And using the decrypt9 browser option to get the xorpad files.

Edited by seri-kun

I managed to get the slot0x25KeyX.bin (with the hex values) but whenever I try to launch the decrypt9 on my 3DS it won't work. I'm using the browser option and instead of getting me to the black screen, it returns to the home screen with the warning to restart my system. T_T

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm using an Old 3DS with the firmware 9.2.0. And I used gateway to get the ROM. And using the decrypt9 browser option to get the xorpad files.

Try going into the settings of the browser and clear the cookies. That fixed the problem for me when I did that.

I'll try writing a step by step tutorial later in the day if I have time.

Edited by bobsung92

Try going into the settings of the browser and clear the cookies. That fixed the problem for me when I did that.

I'll try writing a step by step tutorial later in the day if I have time.

I was just about to edit my post --- I did just that and it worked.

Also since I'm using the browser decrypt9 option, I think I wasn't able to successfully do it earlier was because the internet connection at my school was bad. I'm at home now and the 3DS is currently making those xorpad files. :)

Though a step-by-step tutorial would be a REALLY great help. Looking forward to that ('coz I don't even remember half the things I did...)

So do we just drag-n-drop ver. 1.1 into the folder we had originally put the patcher in, or is this a new one by itself and the old files can be discarded?

I'm slightly confused, do I need the physical JPN cart in order to use this patch? Also assuming Ninjhax 2.0 allows rom patching on the 9.8 all i'd need is just the cart right?

Kinda debating if I should just get a new 3ds (9.2) and gateway or ....

Okay, I take back what I said earlier-- my 3ds was able to launch the decrypt9 and generate the xorpad files EXCEPT the main.exefs_7x. I already placed the slot0x25KeyX.bin in the root of the SDcard with the launcher and ncchinfo.bin files.

My 3DS firmware is 9.2.0. I thought only games for 7.0 and below firmware needed the slot0x25KeyX.bin? I'm honestly confused now. Am I doing something wrong? -_-

2v7w8lh.png

Anyone know why I get the error from windows right after pressing validate xorpads: "Fire Emblem If Patcher has stopped working." Its the basic windows error. I've tried running as administrator and still no luck.

This is my step by step tutorial that I used to get the translation patch working. If anyone has any questions I will gladly answer them. Instead of decrypt9, I will be using 3ds Simple Cia Converter for the ncchinfo.bin and rxtools to get the xorpads.

This is for the o3ds and patching not NTR.

What you will need:

3ds Simple Cia Converter

RxTools

slot0x25KeyX.bin (Google it)

3ds 4.x-9.2

Fire Emblem If cartridge

Translation Patch

Step 1: First dump the rom of the game form the cartridge by either using Uncart or GW rom dumper.

Step 2: Put 3ds_simple_cia.exe into its own folder. Run it once and close it. There should be a bunch of folders that have appeared. Put your *.3ds into the roms folder and open up the program again, this time selecting "create 'ncchinfo.bin' file". A window should pop up and select the roms folder and save your ncchinfo.bin where you can find it.

Step 3: Plug in your 3ds sd card and drag the rxTools.dat, slot0x25KeyX.bin, and your ncchinfo.bin into the root of the sd card. From there, put it back into the 3ds.

Step 4: Open up your browser and click settings and delete/clear the cookies. Then put the url as launch.rxtools.net and you should automatically be put into rxtools. Scroll down to Decryption Options and then Generate Xorpads. This will take some time. At the end, if there is a messsage saying 'Could not open Sdinfo.bin' just ignore and return to the home screen and turn off. You now have your xorpads on your sd card.

Step 5: Extract the patch and patcher into a separate folder and in the same directory create another folder called "Xorpads". Drag all your xorpads into that folder and open the Patcher. Select your original 3ds rom, your Xorpads Folder, and the Patch Folder. Select Card 2 if you want it as a Card 2 Game and select Validate. This will take some time.

Step 6: After finishing validate, click Build 3ds or Build CIA and after some time you will be done. It should be called *_patched.3ds/cia

I hope this has helped some people. If there is anything unclear, ask and I will answer. I wrote this pretty fast so it might not makes sense in some places.

Was there any specifics that got changed with v1.1? Still noticing the "Cancel with XXX" with auto-battle is still there <_<

Edit: also what with Lilith's shrine was fixed? Food doesn't appear still.

Edited by Xanek

Ok, firstly what kind of 3ds do you own? Is it a New 3ds or the old 3ds? (doesnt matter if its an xl or not they are both internally the same)

Secondly do you have custom firmware installed? (NTR-CFW, rxTools, Gateway, PastaCFW are all custom firmware)

Lastly what SYSTEM FIRMWARE is your 3ds on? (When you go into system settings what is the number that shows up on the bottom corner of the top screen)

e.g

P1000477.jpg

I own the new JP N3ds small

This is my step by step tutorial that I used to get the translation patch working. If anyone has any questions I will gladly answer them. Instead of decrypt9, I will be using 3ds Simple Cia Converter for the ncchinfo.bin and rxtools to get the xorpads.

This is for the o3ds and patching not NTR.

What you will need:

3ds Simple Cia Converter

RxTools

slot0x25KeyX.bin (Google it)

3ds 4.x-9.2

Fire Emblem If cartridge

Translation Patch

Step 1: First dump the rom of the game form the cartridge by either using Uncart or GW rom dumper.

Step 2: Put 3ds_simple_cia.exe into its own folder. Run it once and close it. There should be a bunch of folders that have appeared. Put your *.3ds into the roms folder and open up the program again, this time selecting "create 'ncchinfo.bin' file". A window should pop up and select the roms folder and save your ncchinfo.bin where you can find it.

Step 3: Plug in your 3ds sd card and drag the rxTools.dat, slot0x25KeyX.bin, and your ncchinfo.bin into the root of the sd card. From there, put it back into the 3ds.

Step 4: Open up your browser and click settings and delete/clear the cookies. Then put the url as launch.rxtools.net and you should automatically be put into rxtools. Scroll down to Decryption Options and then Generate Xorpads. This will take some time. At the end, if there is a messsage saying 'Could not open Sdinfo.bin' just ignore and return to the home screen and turn off. You now have your xorpads on your sd card.

Step 5: Extract the patch and patcher into a separate folder and in the same directory create another folder called "Xorpads". Drag all your xorpads into that folder and open the Patcher. Select your original 3ds rom, your Xorpads Folder, and the Patch Folder. Select Card 2 if you want it as a Card 2 Game and select Validate. This will take some time.

Step 6: After finishing validate, click Build 3ds or Build CIA and after some time you will be done. It should be called *_patched.3ds/cia

I hope this has helped some people. If there is anything unclear, ask and I will answer. I wrote this pretty fast so it might not makes sense in some places.

I tried this and I only got 2 xorpad files after Step 4. Then when I tried to use the FEif patcher (Step 5), I get the Main.exefs_7x error. :(

I own the new JP N3ds small

What firmware is it?

I tried this and I only got 2 xorpad files after Step 4. Then when I tried to use the FEif patcher (Step 5), I get the Main.exefs_7x error. :(

Did you put slot0x25KeyX.bin in the root?

I can confirm that this patcher is working on N3DSXL 9.5 emunand for Gateway! You need a unmodified rom of the game plus the xorpads. I was lazy, so I got the xorpads from a poster named Kohaku on a certain iso site (google the name). Kohaku even included the link to the unmodified rom file that he extracted the xorpads from.

Also, for the version 1.1 patcher, do I just patch over my existing rom or do I have to patch over a new and fresh rom? I want to keep my save from my existing one if I can.

Thank you so much for the hard work you've put into this! I'm really impressed at how quickly this got out!

I understand that you guys are planning to translate the entire game, and I just have a couple questions about that.

1) Do you plan on doing staggered releases, or will you release the entire thing at once when it's finished? For example: If you finish Conquest first, will you release Conquest and then Birthright later?

2) How quickly do you anticipate this being completed? Obviously it's a lot of work, but will it be a matter of weeks or a matter of months? I don't want to play through the game with only the current patch just to have the full patch come out immediately afterwards, because I could end up burnt out on the game, and obviously I don't want that to happen.

Again, thank you guys so much for your work. Everything looks amazing so far.