Some questions about the Fire Emblem 0

Sanakitty

I've been looking forward to this since I heard about it months ago, and I'm totally hype to get import some, but so far I've had little luck finding the information I'd like to get. Right now I know there are 100 cards in the first set, 16 packs in a box (which is less then half of what a Pokemon box would be, 36 packs), and the two starter decks have cards you can only get in them (or are at least marked differently maybe?). However, that's not really enough information to make an informed decision.

I'd like to get at least one of each card in the set. If there was someone who was just selling a complete set I'd probably buy it if it was a reasonable price, however I haven't had any luck with that. So I need to buy boxes. I don't know however how many I should get to have a reasonable chance to get all of them. For one thing, I'm not sure how many cards are in a pack, for starters. Pokemon has 10 per booster pack, but I'm guessing this will be less. This should be something I should know, but I haven't been able to find it out, and obviously almost anyone here could probably tell me, so I'll just ask.

After that I'd like to know what sort of rarity the set has. I'm guessing the Common/Uncommon/Rare rarities are still present as they basically are for all TCGs, but I don't know if there are any higher, special tiers then that that I should be worried about. Since some cards seem to be going for like $30 I'm guessing there are, which is just awful but $$$ and all that. If there are I'd need to know the rate of getting those to determine how many boxes I need as well

So does anyone know any of these numbers so I can make a guess? Or if someone just has first hand experience that'd be nice too <.> Right now, just as an estimate, I'd think three boxes and the two starters should be enough to get me at least one of each, or at least enough of similar rarity that I can trade or buy the rest without breaking my bank any more then it already will be. But that's like... $250, at least, which is a lot if I go over, and if that's not even enough... I might want to just bail and buy one box and be happy with whatever I get <.>; I throw down like $180 on Pokemon every time a new set comes out I can't manage anything much more

Anyway, hope this is okay to ask. I found this forum when I was looking around and you guys seem to know way more then I'm going to be able to find out on my own

I'm both low on time at the moment and not terribly knowledgeable, but here's the gist of what I know:

There's Normal, HN (uncommon), Rare and Super Rare. All rare cards are foil. However, there's + version of the rares and super rare which have gold lettering (I'm not sure if that's all of them or only some). There's also signed versions of some cards.

A booster box has 16 packs of 10 cards each. Out of your 16 packs, 4 of them will contain a Super Rare cards, your 12 other packs will contain a rare card.

For reference sake, in my box I got no duplicate rares or super rares but I'm missing a lot of them still. For example, I was really hoping I'd be lucky enough to have enough of the pegasus sisters to make a deck based on them, and I got a grand total of 0 them (They are regular rares). I got one Rare+ (Minerva) and that's the only noteworthy thing I got (Well, I got some good cards to be honest, just not the ones I wanted most for the most part or any signed or Super Rare+).

I got my box for around 40$ on AmiAmi though, and starters are at around 10$, so 3 boxes and 2 starters are definitively less than 250$. If you don't care about the + or signed version the cards, I'm pretty sure that 3 boxes + 2 starters will be enough to trade for a complete collection... But don't hold me to it.

10 cards per booster pack, 16 packs per box. A single box will net you 85-94 cards from the set if you don't get too many duplicates. There's one holo card in each pack so what you'll be missing mostly is the rares (grade 3-5 cards). There are starter exclusive cards the 100 count is purely from the booster set.

The promo cards are mostly just alternate art of the cards that are already in the booster set. (If it's the same name and cost, it's just alt art).

I'm not entirely sure about the specifics of rarity in terms of Rares and above but you get one per pack. And then 9 Common(Normal)/Uncommon(High Normal? It's designated as HN).

The starter deck exclusives will have ST in the card number. I think you can get at least one of every card within 2-4 boxes (depending on luck) and both starters.

At the very least you should have enough trade bait to get what you need from others.

On that note: I bought a single box and both starter decks. I was missing 6 cards from the set.

Edited by Fallsmyer

On that note: I bought a single box and both starter decks. I was missing 6 cards from the set.

? I thought there were 12 SR cards total, and it's written on the booster box that there's 4 SR card per box (which is what I got myself).

Edited by Ayra

Just for reference.

I bought one booster box and one starter deck. Missing a number of R and SR. Though I've gotten Minevar R+ and none of my foils are duplicates.

My friend bought 2 starter decks, 2 booster box and five booster packs. He told me he didn't get SR Chrom and Lucina. Though he gotten a signed Marth.

As someone who bought 8 boxes (lol yes I am crazy, which is why I'm always working :P), I barely finished the set, as SR Caeda was the only card that I got 1 of.

But for general information of the booster set, there are 4 rarities: N (Common), HN (Uncommon), R (Rare), and SR (Super Rare). There are also some cards that have an alternate foil, which is either R+ or SR+ depending on what rarity the original card was. This is similar to the Full Art cards that can be found in the Pokemon TCG (tho the + rarities have a different foil to them that has the entire edges of the card as well as specific spots on the card being a Golden Bronze foil, which makes them similar to Yu-Gi-Oh Ultimate Rares and some of them are also Signed cards, similar to signed cards in Weiss Schwarz). Each box has 16 packs. Each pack has 10 cards; 9 being N and HN(I don't remember the ratios of N to HN cards) while 1 being R. Every R is a foil so you'll recognize the R immediately (this is similar to how they do rares in Weiss Schwarz and Cardfight Vanguard). There are also 4 SR and 1 + card in every box, so basically 5 "special" foils. The SRs have a special texture to them that are similar to Ultimate Rares in Yu-Gi-Oh.

In terms of ratios, the 1st 2 boxes that I opened gave me every N and I was missing about 1-2 HN, 4-5 R, and I got no duplicate SRs. After the 3rd box was when I started getting Duplicate SRs. And of course, the last SR I needed was Caeda, who I got 1 of in the 8th box. In terms of + cards, I got 1 R+ Inigo, 2 R+ of Est and Catria, 1 SR+ of Chrom, 1 SR+ signed card of Navarre, 1 R+ Lon'qu.

I would suggest you maybe get about 3 boxes and 1 of each Starter Deck, as 3 boxes should get you a large percentage of the set. As for the starters, most people aren't actually aren't looking for much from the starters, outside of maybe some + foil cards but they are largely not too great of trade bait.

That should be all the questions that you wanted to be address, but if you need more answers, I'll do my best to help.

Edited by viewtifulkye

If it helps at all, I went through 2 booster boxes and am missing a total of 18 cards (including the + variations of which you find only one per box)

I'd say that with 2 boxes you will comfortably find every N and HN card, you might even manage that with just one box if you're lucky.

Okay so for some reason I can't copy paste into the reply thing, probably because I'm using crappy IE since it's all I have, but alright, thanks for all the help. I didn't know about AmiAmi, so I was going off of Amazon's price of $70 a box. I wanted to get how much shipping was but once again in my experience, they don't tell you until you make a purchase -_- I also would like to use SAL Small Packet but "small" makes me think there is a weight limit that I would likely exceed

But whatever, unless shipping is $30 a box it's better then Amazon's price. Assuming that it'll be roughly $50 a box after shipping, I think I'll grab four boxes and the two starters when I can and hope I luck out and get everything I want. And to clarify, I don't really care too much about superficial changes. Aside from characters I really like (like Chiki and Pegasus riders in general) I just care about getting all the different art. Halo/Signed is cool and all but I'm not going to worry if I don't have them all

Also I'm REALLY going to kick myself if this comes out over here and I spend like $200 on it when I could have just waited <.> And again, thanks for all the help

I get EMS shipping from Amiami so when my order ships I normally have it in about 5-7 days from when they ship. It's a little more expensive than SAL but it's fast and reliable.

My last shipment from amiami was 2 booster boxes, 6 decks, 2 chrom sleeves, 1 set of each of the other Cipher sleeves, and a pair of glasses. The shipping came out to 4,840 JPY which translates to 40 bucks.

I'm super cheap and don't plan on dying any time soon, so I don't care for a long wait if it'll be cheaper. All that for $40 sounds pretty reasonable though. Thanks for reminding me of the sleeves too, the Tharja ones look really good, but their price on eBay and Amazon were way above what I care to pay for them

And done, ordered four boxes and the two starter decks. Now to wait for an invoice and all that other junk. I wanted the Tharja sleeves, but they were all sold out. So I'll have to pay $20 for them unless I can find them somewhere else cheaper, or just give up. I have the Tharja figure, honestly, that should be enough

And done, ordered four boxes and the two starter decks. Now to wait for an invoice and all that other junk. I wanted the Tharja sleeves, but they were all sold out. So I'll have to pay $20 for them unless I can find them somewhere else cheaper, or just give up. I have the Tharja figure, honestly, that should be enough

No, it isn't. You gotta make Tharja your MC, mark her with her figure, and then sleeve them all in Tharja. XD

So I got my four boxes. Out of the non-special cards, I got 98/100. I'm missing 51 and 91. It looks like each box gives a special one, of which I got signed versions of Lucina (and no normal ones), Female Robin (also no normal ones), and Lissa. While not signed, Tharja was apparently the other special one. I also did not get the normal version of that card.

So I need 51 and 91, and would kinda like the normal versions of Lucina and Female Robin, and maybe Tharja as well, but mostly just cause I like Tharja. I'll probably make a post in the trading area later trying to get those ones with the extras I have

Not all special cards are signed, and Tharja is among those cards. Just to let you know, signed Lucina is the most valuble card. Easily worth more than $50. You can use that as valuble trade bait. Most cards aren't worth more than $10, and that is generous for most, as well.

I'm guessing since this is my own topic and my last post was days ago it's alright ot double post, but apoligizes if it's not

Just wanted to say that I noticed that the next set of sleeves went up on AmiAmi and instead of waiting too long and having to buy them at 3 times their price, I would preorder the one I wanted, Chiki, because there is no way I could pass up buying sleeves of her <3 Sadly I was not interested in the others, but while I was at it I preordered four boxes of the new set and the two starter sets. Going all in from the get go instead of waiting forever