Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

Oh, I might have screwed that up. I don't think I remembered to check for the trainee classes when converting classes.

Yeah, easy thing to miss. Other than that it's a really awesome tool, so thanks a bunch. Having a lot of fun with it.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-To make playthroughs without thieves less painful, maybe door and chest keys could be added to all or most shops.

-Maybe there could be an option that makes it so all promotable classes can promote with all promotion items. Alternatively, all promotion items could be combined into one. This would make it so that players wouldn't necessarily be completely screwed over if they end up with a team of 90% magic-using classes or something.

-Somewhere down the line, could bosses potentially be added to the list of random recruitment characters, and normally playable characters added to the list of boss characters? This could potentially increase the craziness.

This is quite awesome and I can see myself randomizing the GBA FE games to keep them fresh for years.

1. That's definitely going to be in fix patches. FE6 is my least played game though, so expect that specifically to take forever.

2. I'm already on it.

3. Nope. Limits on the number of characters that can be recruited plus what you're basically asking for here is event editing and changing the actual mechanics of the game up. The character limit thing is hardcoded though, FE6 rams the limit, FE7 maybe has room for a couple more, and FE8 already gives you all the important bosses recruitably in the postgame anyway.

I'm on a mac using wine, and I can execute the WindowsApplication1.exe, but I can't execute the GBA FE Randomizer.exe. The WindowsApplication1.exe only randomizes the bases and growths, and I want to randomize the classes and items. Any ideas?

1. That's definitely going to be in fix patches. FE6 is my least played game though, so expect that specifically to take forever.

Well, its large cast makes FE6 the most appealing to randomize for me personally, so I might just do this myself. I'll also add in Flux and Lightning (in case you get Bishop Marcus) while I'm at it, I guess.

i have encountered a bug as well... this one time, an enemy zombie had some rough claws that acted like a range weapon... the problem is when he attacked ranged, he froze the animation screen, unless there is a way to make monsters that use their own weapons at a distance, i think their weapons should never be ranged.

I made a patch for FE6 that changes the chapter 5 shop to have Flux, Lightning, Chest Keys, and Door Keys. All other shops are the same.

Apply it to a Japanese FE6 ROM. The below patch includes the numbers patch I created because that's how I usually play the game. If there's demand for it, I may make a shop edit patch without the numbers patch (though really, it's easy enough to do on your own).

https://www.mediafire.com/?i5mvv1w455a21ct

EDIT: Started a new game with randomized recruitment and classes, oh lawd, Yoder the Brigand is my main character. Also ended up with Deke the Druid however, so it's not all bad...

Edited by gringe

This is amazing! I've just started it with FE8.

So far I have

Cavalier Eirika with 5 move (._.)

Rouge Seth with 7 move

Wyvern Rider Franz with 3 move (;-; Hopefully Wyvern Knights/Lords have better move stats.)

Soldier Gilliam with 6 move. And 0 defense.
Archer Vanessa with 6 move

and Monk Moulder with 2 move (:O)

Also, Valter is some form of Pupil.

And Iron swords have an eclipse effect.

I did a random run of FE6 and hand axes got the eclipse effect. Only my jeigan had a handaxe for a while there. It was amazing because he only attacked once (FE6 effect limits you to one attack that knocks the enemy to 1 HP) and then another unit could come in and get the kill for good exp. It also made training units easy, as well as fighting bosses. Literally the perfect jeigan.

Edited by Klokinator

Oh my god. Vanessa has a 60 use bow with the brave effect that's also effective against monsters. This is beautiful.

Also Ross is a 7 move Gargoyle, Garcia is a 6 move Cavalier, Neimi is a 3 move Eirika Lord with Sieglinde, and Colm is a 3 move shaman.

And Javelins and Hand Axes are both Poison weapons.

I made a patch for FE6 that changes the chapter 5 shop to have Flux, Lightning, Chest Keys, and Door Keys. All other shops are the same.

Apply it to a Japanese FE6 ROM. The below patch includes the numbers patch I created because that's how I usually play the game. If there's demand for it, I may make a shop edit patch without the numbers patch (though really, it's easy enough to do on your own).

https://www.mediafire.com/?i5mvv1w455a21ct

EDIT: Started a new game with randomized recruitment and classes, oh lawd, Yoder the Brigand is my main character. Also ended up with Deke the Druid however, so it's not all bad...

That's awesome, but it'd be really nice if you make a version with just the shop edit - I'm already mid-playthrough on an already randomized and translated ROM, and would like to be able to patch it with just the shop instead of having to deal with whatever issues might come from plopping a randomized playthrough on a new ROM.

i think the reason that claw weapon was ranged was because it got inbrewed with that magic spell thing. like how an iron lance can suddenly cast elfire, i think it happened onto the monsters weapon as well...

how will you fix it? will you make it purely impossible for that weapon to get that magic spell? or are you gonna make the monsters do their phisical attack for an animation and then cast the spell?

So, should Neimi as an Eirika Lord have come with Sieglinde? Shouldn't she have come with a Rapier instead? A sacred twin weapon seems a bit excessive for chapter 3.

Definitely a bug. His engine probably lists PRF weapons in the same category. It's easily fixed by putting the 'secret' weapon levels to E and S for rapier and Sieglinde respectively. Eh, maybe A rank for Sieglinde.

I do have one problem, for some reason characters like Myrrh as a female cav with a sword and Marisa as some other classes don't have an animation. Why is that? Also Myrrh has an animation when she uses a lance.

Edited by Kobazco

You're gonna have to be more specific. Does marisa always not have an animation? Are you randomizing recruitment or reversing it? Is it all animations or just some? Specific weapon types don't work, or all of them? Etc.