Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

In my most recent test run, I ran into an issue. After I got to chapter 2, both of the replacements for Ross/Garcia were eyes. One of them was Joshua, and after he attacked once, I realized his damage went down substantially. I thought "okay, maybe the Eye class is bugged." Nope. After he attacked, it was apparent to me that Gerik was also doing next to no damage. For some reason, both of them were shown as having "--" damage, and whenever either of them attacked it miscalculated their base damage and the weapon's damage. I would theoretically do 15 damage to a bandit (he has 0 res, while Gerik has a 9 might tome and 6 base mag) but I only did 10. Am I missing something? I am using randomized weapon traits, but I've never seen something to this extent, so I was wondering if it was because of a trait. As shown below, there's no indication of a decrease in mag either. Just kinda confused. Going to keep playing until I can test out another tome.

screenshots:

1997%20-%20Fire%20Emblem%20-%20The%20Sac1997%20-%20Fire%20Emblem%20-%20The%20Sac

quick edit: THIS GUY HAS 0 RES

1997%20-%20Fire%20Emblem%20-%20The%20Sac

Edited by Theguru1020

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An attack of -- usually means the weapon has the Eclipse effect of halving HP.

this explains everything. I was getting so mad! no wonder I kept getting 10 damage on 20 hp enemies. xD thank you for clearing that up. I totally forgot that was a trait.

this explains everything. I was getting so mad! no wonder I kept getting 10 damage on 20 hp enemies. xD thank you for clearing that up. I totally forgot that was a trait.

In FE6 the effect reduces enemies to HP. I then had a jeigan who started with a hand axe that had eclipse. Needless to say, he was VERY good at weakening enemies and not killing them off so my other units could get kill EXP.

In FE6 the effect reduces enemies to HP. I then had a jeigan who started with a hand axe that had eclipse. Needless to say, he was VERY good at weakening enemies and not killing them off so my other units could get kill EXP.

It's just a little inconvenient that I got a half decent mage and a spell that isn't great for training. I feel stupid for not realizing it was the eclipse effect and making a whole post about it though, lol.

Edit: On a side note, when can I promote Amelia? It seems there is a flag holding her back from promoting this early. She's my Eirika, and at her current state she is being entirely useless. Would there be a way to change the time she can promote in future builds? (minor edit to grammar)

Edited by Theguru1020

Oh wow. I randomized the growths and Tarvos!Ephraim is at 19 defense right now. At level 12. Literally everything in chapter 9B will plink him except the magic users, the boss, and that one knight with a horseslayer. This is beautiful.

Oh wow. I randomized the growths and Tarvos!Ephraim is at 19 defense right now. At level 12. Literally everything in chapter 9B will plink him except the magic users, the boss, and that one knight with a horseslayer. This is beautiful.

Mauthe Doog Natasha has 16 attack and 17 defense and 7 mov. She is SCARY, and pretty much my only ridiculously powerful unit, even more powerful than my jeigan, Deathgoyle Forde with 15 str and 16 def.

Oh, perfect. Cormag is a thief. And he's a great thief. 11 speed 14 strength. But this is Ephraims route so he starts on that fort on an island in the bottom right. Tana is a Mauthe Doog and can't reach hime, and Duessel is a Berserker. He can walk on water, sure, but the fort is surrounded by cliff tiles.

This is gonna be fun.

Edit: Just tried and I can drop Tana on Cliff tiles for some reason.

Not to big of a stretch considering I managed to drop Mage!Kyle in a wall before.

Edited by DizzyWaddleDoo

So I can't upgrade any of the "trainee" units and they're all at level 10. Is this recurring issue, or did something go wrong? It's not just my Amelia lord anymore, because the game decided to give me both Ross and Ewan on chapter 10 to replace Gerik and Tethys. Neither of them are promoting at level 10. Do I need to use items for their pre tier 1 promotion, now?

the only way i was able to premote one of the tranies was with the master seal... but that leaves the problem of not being able to use em on all the characters... unless you can program them to forcefully premote early. or give them ways to use the promotion items.

The trainee issue is something I'm actually not sure how to solve. I dug through a little bit of ASM to look at it, but I haven't found anything yet. I thought it might be hard coded to look for a specific character ID and a specific class ID, but I didn't find such a routine in the ASM, so I don't have any other ideas at the moment. Or maybe there's a table hidden somewhere for those three characters that hasn't surfaced yet. I don't think there's anything in the nightmare modules that cover this. So I'll have to look for it some more when I have time.

the i guess our only hope is to wait for an update where we can get more master seals. or at least 3 so we can premote them before end game.

I'm not too bright when it comes to hacking, but as a simple workaround, would it be possible to implement a "Trainee Seal", assign them to Ewan/Ross/Amelia as a promotion item, sell them in the first shop from ch5, and have the randomizer patch in the seal if it detects you're using FE8?

The trainee issue is something I'm actually not sure how to solve. I dug through a little bit of ASM to look at it, but I haven't found anything yet. I thought it might be hard coded to look for a specific character ID and a specific class ID, but I didn't find such a routine in the ASM, so I don't have any other ideas at the moment. Or maybe there's a table hidden somewhere for those three characters that hasn't surfaced yet. I don't think there's anything in the nightmare modules that cover this. So I'll have to look for it some more when I have time.

It's a simple fix with a fix patch.

http://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-more-than-two-promotions/512

You just ignore current trainee classes and make three new class ID's per each trainee. Apply the fixes in that thread (Ie: I will), then set them to promote to each other naturally. After that give each of the three trainees a unique promotion item only they can use for their T0 to T1 promotion (Maybe call it Noob Crest idk lol) and when they reach level 10, they can use it to promote and afterwards, the regular items.

Added bonus: That thread is all about extending the number of classes one can promote to, to 3 classes.

I've randomized recruitment three times now on FE7 and Lyn has been Lyn every single time. And because of her class being different I can't beat the prolouge to see if anyone else has changed.

Tutorial characters aren't part of the random recruitment because then it'd be possible to have double characters (i.e. Kent and Tutorial Kent). This applies to Lyn, Sain, Kent, Wil, Florina, and Rath, I think.

Tutorial characters aren't part of the random recruitment because then it'd be possible to have double characters (i.e. Kent and Tutorial Kent). This applies to Lyn, Sain, Kent, Wil, Florina, and Rath, I think.

Oh, ok. thanks.

I'll just make a copy of my normal FE7 .sav and rename it so I can skip Lyn mode then.

Updated the first post, but v1.0.1 is now available. Some minor fixes and a new option for class randomization since it was asked for. :)

• Added logic to make sure legendary weapons don't show up prematurely.
  • Updated logic for movement costs to only update them for classes of units that need them (FE6: Miledy and Gale, FE7: Fiora and Farina, FE8: Glen and Valter).
  • Removed Enemy Buff: At least Amount.
  • Added Cross Gender option when randomizing classes.
  • Fixed an issue where FE8 monster weapons were getting 1-2 range causing crashes.
  • Fixed an issue where FE8 wasn't determining an appropriate promoted class for trainees (should only affect random recruitment).
Edited by lushen124