Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be possible to randomize the summon's classes, along with what items they hold?

(Not in this randomizer, but would it be possible in some kind of future version?)

Hi, I'm just here to report a small bug. My Hector (in Dorcas's character slot) rolled a speed growth of -126%.

http://imgur.com/2gTAJGm My randomizer settings.

http://imgur.com/0l5C9M1 In Nightmare.

http://imgur.com/SBzKgm8 Hector proccing speed on a level up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7hgdapasdxju5h/patch_with_glitch.ups?dl=0 A patch made from the randomized rom (first time trying to share something with DB, so if I messed up tell me and I'll try to fix it).

I tried to collect anything that might help, but if you need something else, just tell me. I'm glad to help, since I've been enjoying this randomizer incredibly.

I got an error message saying something's name was "too long" on the newest version

[spoiler=Error message]

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
at System.IO.PathHelper.GetFullPathName()
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(String fileName, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
at WindowsApplication1.Patcher.applyUPSPatch(String filename, String patchFile)
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.RandomizeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GBA FE Randomizer
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mastergabe2000/Downloads/Universal-GBA-FE-Randomizer-Windows-master/Universal-GBA-FE-Randomizer-Windows-master/GBA%20FE%20Stat%20Randomizer/GBA%20FE%20Stat%20Randomizer/bin/Release/GBA%20FE%20Randomizer%20v1.0.1/GBA%20FE%20Randomizer.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Voidlord

I do have a... major problem. I cant really show a screenshot as the game is on my tablet, but in chapter 11 in Erika's route, the boss is a manakete with max stats because of the dragonstone. Also in random recruitment Ross, Ewan, and Amelia are ALWAYS their base trainee classes.

Edited by Kobazco

I do have a... major problem. I cant really show a screenshot as the game is on my tablet, but in chapter 11 in Erika's route, the boss is a manakete with max stats because of the dragonstone. Also in random recruitment Ross, Ewan, and Amelia are ALWAYS their base trainee classes.

Not always. If there replacement is T2, they'll get a random T2, otherwise they have extremely high chance to conserve their trainee class (In around 10 randomization, Amelia was an Ephraim Lord twice.).

L'Arachel is the anti-Myrrh in some way, becaus she always is unpromoted (I found her as a Hayden replacement as a Tarvos and a Bael.)

Edited by Tamanoir

I haven't read through the entire thread, but I wanna know. Are there plans for the randomizer to generate seeds?

I don't think they said anything about it, although I'd be very welcome to the implementation of seed generation.

I am having a small problem with Fire Emblem 7. Every time I randomize it, Lyn ends up being a mage or a pegasus knight. I've tested this probably 20+ times and haven't had any other class pop up for her.

Try enabling the "Allow crossgender" button. There aren't many female classes in FE7 so without that choice there aren't too many options for her.

Of course you may be using an older version of the randomizer which doesn't have that button, in which case you should download the newest version from the OP.

Just decided to try this in FE8. Tried setting most things to make it very random. So far i really like fire tomes with their 12 mt basically no weight unlimited durability and crit near the imputted cap. Also Franz is a pupil with 8 move and i hope he's good.

EDIT: Forgot to say that thief Eirika is cool i suppose. Seth is ranger with an overpowered bow and great strength and skill (17) Gilliam is still knight. Moulder is also knight but he's utterly terrible. Vanessa is a Mauthe dog with 18 speed in level 1. Garcia is priest and Ross is Ephraim Lord with 15 skill and other good stats. Iron axes are also utterly abysmal with only 3 durability, 43 hit and 3 mt (the minimum i set) and high weight. For something this random i think i'm having a good start given that only Eirika and Seth don't have 8 move at the moment (not including Ross and Garcia).

EDIT 2: Reached chapter 3 and Neimi is a peg knight with terrible bases and bad move. Maybe she has good growths? Also Franz utterly dominates skill and seems to get mag often and not much else. Colm is an Eirika lord with typical Eirika stats and 4 move so he will probably be benched. Also after more experience i can conclude that Vanessa has barely any hit. Not sure if i like her since nothing can hit her but she barely damages and misses often.

Edited by the cool guy

So I decided to try playable characters and bosses with their classes randomnized, and decided to try Lyn mode for the lols(Though I'm pretty sure Lyn mode isn't completely supported, as seen in the last two pictures I got.

id4ayT0.png
First up, any boss reclassed to a thief(And maybe playable characters, but I haven't found one yet.) will have two lockpicks on them. Zugu was a thief, and had this as well. So maybe keep this in mind for thieves in general?
Also, reversed or randomnized recruitment will work in Lyn mode, but not until chapter 4, when Dorcas normally comes along. So Lyn, Kent, Sain, Wil, and Florina still have their same slot. But that leads to a little problem...

LldW25h.png
bmt6cRP.png
I'll let this speak for itself...
The women of Elibe will never be safe again, with two Sain's running around. Though, I'm not sure which one will stick around after Lyn mode, most likely ArcherErkreplacement!Sain, but if both stick around... Well... You know...

Edited by Blackzero

Played through chapter 4, Arthur is an Eirika lord with more strength than speed but good in both stats. L'Arachel was a gargoyle and Dozla and Rennac were Mage Knights and Paladins. Lute is a wyrvern rider and while her skill base isn't anything special her strength and speed are both good. Also the boss is a sage. Sages only have 4 move. Also turns out that Franz is on the way to become a super trainee because of that.

EDIT: Reached chapter 5 and Natasha is my third Eirika lord. To be honest i don't care much since she has bases similair to Eirika. And Joshua is a dancer.

Edited by the cool guy