Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

there's a nightmare module that does exactly that, i don't remember which one. one of the promotion editors one would assume.

ok I found the nightmare modules for gba fe games. but how do i use them? it's mostly txt files

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I found the nightmare modules for gba fe games. but how do i use them? it's mostly txt files

well you could try reading the relevant thread, google, looking around basically anywhere on this site, or using some basic technical know-how.

I'm not gonna hold your hand through everything man. run nightmare, load up your rom and the .nmm modules, and change the promotion pointers for non-master seal items to the promotion pointer for the master seal.

you could also just open up your rom in HxD (or another hex editor) and make the changes manually. Or use that new practice of using the event assembler to modify roms like you're writing an actual program. This however, is probably easiest.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if it is possible / if you even want to balance the classes' stats? Most reclasses work alright, although the difference between magic classes on the weak side and mercenaries and wyverns on the strong side is pretty big - but the promoted Lord classes seem to have absolutely atrocious base stats. I'm currently at chapter 22 in FE7/HNM and well...

post-25602-0-69470300-1471084752_thumb.png

...Eubans is mostly a joke. According to the main page, he loses in every single stat except luck (-4 STR, -3 SPD and -3 DEF for excample). It obviously doesn't make the game unplayable, but it's a pity that the promoted lord classes pretty much break a character or boss (although I suppose Pent would still be great :)

---

I also don't really like how the randomized growths work. I tried to play around with it, but right now, chances are that most characters will get completely screwed in at least one essential stat and fall behind after a few chapters. I'm aware that 0% growths would still not make the game unwinnable, so this feature won't either, but I personally didn't really enjoy playing around with it. The randomized bases OTOH work better since every unit still has its class bases as a minimum to keep it playable.

Perhaps it would be possible to leave the numbers in the growth spreads the same but swap them around? So basically Eliwood's 45% STR growth becomes his DEF growth, his 30% DEF becomes his SKL growth...

To keep the HP growth the highest on average, you could enforce a certain percentage to stay on HP - so if Eliwoods HP(80%) and DEF(30%) got swapped, his new growths would be, say, 55% HP (25% enforced + 30%) and 55% DEF( 80% - 25% enforced).

You could the get additional randomness by redistributing a little bit of each growth rate to another random one (after the shuffling).

---

Those are just some random thoughts I had while playing around with the options for a bit. Although this post might seem somewhat naggy, I really like this randomizer as it is. So I shouldn't post without thanking you - it really makes replaying the games much more fun. :)

Edited by ping

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been trying to use this on a Rom Hack (Particularly the Weapon Reversal Mod, since it gives you a lot more options for the female characters without getting the male sprites) and it does not seem to work. :/

First it tells me that the item table offset has been updated and the item table might have been repointed.

Then it tells me that if the number of items has changed then only the items up to the original amount will be used. I assume this is because the mod alters Reginleif and the Rapiers to a different weapon type (axe and spear respectively)

This I click OK and it seems to be randomizing.

It then does the standard warning on how I'm playing FE8 and to avoid the easy mode due to the tutorial and after that the problem arises.

An error pops up saying that "a non processed exception occurred in the application." and "The object reference was not defined as an object instance".

The original message was in Portuguese so I translated to the best of my ability. Help please?

That is why programs such as Wine exist which I tried using (and have used for everything else that is windows only) but it doesn't seem to be compatible with wine. So I was wondering if there was someone else who had a similar problem or is using a different converter program.

Hmm, I seem to be having a problem myself. Soldier!Wil can't promote even though it's stated in the original post that Soldiers now have access to promotion via Knight's Crests. Nor would an Earth Seal work.

The same is happening to me except with Marcus and Lucius who are both mercenaries. I wish I could help you but I'm clueless as well.

Got a Question do Triangle Attacks still work? And if they do How exactly? Will Bors, Wendy and Barth Still triangle attack if they're not Armor Knights?

Got a Question do Triangle Attacks still work? And if they do How exactly? Will Bors, Wendy and Barth Still triangle attack if they're not Armor Knights?

Yeah, Triange Attacks stay on the same characters no matter their class. It's listed as an ability on the units in the changelog you can have the randomizer produce after randomizing.

Do Journeymans in Fe8 still promote after reaching lvl 10? My Vanessa-Ross Journeyman reached level 10 and I went into chapter 6 and there was no promotion.

I believe only the original trainees can become T0. Most likely Vanessa is a T1 journeyman and thus will promote with a hero crest. If you didn't randomize movement, you can easily tell; T0 has 4 mov, T1 has 5.

for some reason the randomizer cant find my FE7 rom whenever I click browse it cant find it even thought I know it's there could it be the rom i'm using?

Try looking for all file types (should be next to the box with the file name).