Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

I believe only the original trainees can become T0. Most likely Vanessa is a T1 journeyman and thus will promote with a hero crest. If you didn't randomize movement, you can easily tell; T0 has 4 mov, T1 has 5.

Well my Vanessa/Ross is a lvl 10 Journeyman that is capped there with 4 Mov and doesn't gain any more experience while I do have a Ephraim as a level 12 pupil so I know he is (1)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my Vanessa/Ross is a lvl 10 Journeyman that is capped there with 4 Mov and doesn't gain any more experience while I do have a Ephraim as a level 12 pupil so I know he is (1)

I think, in that case, you'll have to manually promote her. This involves modifying a promotion item to include T0 Journeyman, and then either hacking it or getting one naturally. The promotions are hardcoded to Ross, Ewan, and Amelia's character slots. I think you must be using an older version of the randomizer, because the new one doesn't allow for this (I think).

It only let me pick "GBA files (*.gba" I don't know what that means and could the rom I downloaded change the way it works

No, that sounds right. Did you unzip the folder that the rom came in?

The movement for all my characters seems to be messed up - some can move anywhere on the map while others can't even move at all. What's up with that?

Randomized movement stat. I had this same thing too, it's quite hilarious when you have a general that can move 9 and a pegasus knight who can only move 2 :P

In randomized FE6 my rom has been wiped after reaching chapter 14 (Arcadia) twice now, both times with different roms and emulators.

A sign that things might be wrong is that the save screen defaults to the topmost file instead of the most recent file after finishing chapter 13. Otherwise there are no indications anything is wrong until you start the game up again and new game and extras are your only options.

Is this a known issue?

In randomized FE6 my rom has been wiped after reaching chapter 14 (Arcadia) twice now, both times with different roms and emulators.

A sign that things might be wrong is that the save screen defaults to the topmost file instead of the most recent file after finishing chapter 13. Otherwise there are no indications anything is wrong until you start the game up again and new game and extras are your only options.

Is this a known issue?

Yeah it happened to me as well. The only thing you can do is saving with savestates really.

Is this a known issue?

Ah, so I'm not the only one.

Got to Chapter 21 of FE6, and once I end my phase the game automatically resets. If I'm not wrong, Gale spawns during this EP, so I can't think of anything else that's causing the game to reset. Although he did spawn in Chapter 16 without any problems.

EDIT: And I just remembered Yoder's replacement, Echidna, didn't spawn with a legendary weapon, making the last three chapters of the game inaccessible.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Unsure if this was brought up somewhere else here, but is there plans for a way to randomize everyone? I'm meaning for a way to randomize random enemies, the generics that are neither bosses, named npcs, or playable units. Probably adding a cap to healers per mission would be smart, so chapters aren't just healers, trivializing the chapter. Or making it too brutal, with them all having Beserker Staves. Going through all the pages is something I lacked the time for, so if this was brought up and dealt with, sorry for bringing it up again.

I seem to also have an issue with trainees. I got Amelia early on as a Tier 0 Recruit (4 mov), and she didn't auto-class in the next map. I thought using a Knight's Crest would've promoted her to a Cavalier/Knight, but that didn't work. I guess I'm waiting for a Master Seal, or her to sit on the bench forever.

I guess she's just destined to be bad. ;w;

Do you think if I do all the sprite colors for every characters for each classes of any gba games and send you all theses files, you could put them in the Randomizer? Is this possible?

Well you have to take into account the fact that in FE7 (and I'm guessing fe6) each character only has one palette that they use for any classes and that in FE8 each character has 1 palette if pre-promote, 3 if normal class and 6 - 7 as trainees. If a character's palette does not fit their class they simply resort to the default palette for the class (typical clue clothes and green hair and all that.)

In FE6, I'm taking the A route on the Western Isles and for some reason, once I reach around turn 4 or 5, on the enemy phase, the game glitches and stays on enemy phase for eternity. Is there a way around this or is there a way to fix this?

In FE6, I'm taking the A route on the Western Isles and for some reason, once I reach around turn 4 or 5, on the enemy phase, the game glitches and stays on enemy phase for eternity. Is there a way around this or is there a way to fix this?

It's chapter 10, right? The one with Nord and Gonzales? The easiet way without digging too deep into hacking is to use a always Player turn cheat code...

It's chapter 10, right? The one with Nord and Gonzales? The easiet way without digging too deep into hacking is to use a always Player turn cheat code...

Yes it is chapter 10. How do I use a Player turn cheat code

Yes it is chapter 10. How do I use a Player turn cheat Code

Here are some codes for the Unit Slots. You take the Turn Status Code for, say, Slot 1 and copy it. In VBA, go to the "Cheats" Section and past it there. The replace he ## by the Turn Status Value. Active is 00 (meaning even after that Char moved, he can still move again). You can find the values further down in the list (somewhere close to the bottom)

Edited by Mariode

Actually, chapter 10A fails because of Pirates/brigands (including Gonzales) using an AI that somehow fails after randomization. If you change their AI via Nightmare Editor to no AI or Generic AI, they will no longer lock up the game.

Makes saving the village a cakewalk, unfortunately.

So I randomized FE7, and I got to chapter 32 HNM. On the start of the chapter, it seems the movement glitches out, because units that shouldn't be capable of mountain-walking, can move into the mountains. Then at the start of turn 3 EP all unit sprites glitch out, the game softlocks, and then resets. I played around with it for a bit, and making sure no units go into glitched tiles doesn't change this.

I use VBA 1.7.2, and I can send you the changelog and a savestate if you want.

When playing through my random FE8 when I got Ross up to level 10 he wouldn't promote, and this also goes for Amelia and Ewan has anyone else had this problem if so do you know to fix it?

It's a known thing and the only way to really get around it is to cheat yourself some master seals so you can promote them that way.

Is there a way to make it randomize classes that it usually doesn't? For an example, there's data in fe7 and 8 for a female merc and shaman as well as myrmidon, knight and cavalier for fe7 that just aren't used. randomizing these in (after making certain balance changes and adding promo bonuses of course) would give the women more options without forcing them to have the men's sprites. And by this I don't mean a function of the randomizer itself (it's pretty obvious that there's nothing like that) but maybe I could alter it somehow? I have next to no knowledge of programming but hey I need something to do anyways.

Hmm.

I wonder if there's a way to improve the random growth randomizer. Because as much as I'd want to use it, I'd actually use it if a lot of the growths were reasonable. 0% and >100% just aren't cutting it for me. Like, being able to set a number from X% (lowest) to Y% (highest), while still having the option to completely randomize it as its being done now.