Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.

I wonder if there's a way to improve the random growth randomizer. Because as much as I'd want to use it, I'd actually use it if a lot of the growths were reasonable. 0% and >100% just aren't cutting it for me. Like, being able to set a number from X% (lowest) to Y% (highest), while still having the option to completely randomize it as its being done now.

That's the fun part about the randomizer, you can get units with 0 and 100% growths and you'll probably get them. I remember randomizing a lot of ROMs and looking in the Changelog waiting for one where people didn't have stupid growths, but that can't be helped. You just have to play with what the randomizer throws at you.

Though, on the github page of the randomizer I've seen someone adding a "set minimum growth" option to it, so you might wanna go and get that.

Sooo I have a question, it appears as though on version 1.1.1 a feature was added to make it capable of running with Klok's FE8 fix patch which adds a few character classes and all (they don't appear to have been added yet).

If I apply Klok's fix patch for FE7 will the randomizer count the classes added in that patch? I've been using the randomizer him and Ephraim made mostly because of the added female variety and because I don't like crossgender classes. Then I realized his does it anyway and I figured I'd use this one. Not having that extra variety for the women is a little weird to me though (especially in a game with no female myrmidon or cavalier despite having female paladin and swordmaster. Not to mention the obvious lack of femKnights and femGenerals when comparing it to fe8).

Considering the "advantages" in that department FE8 has, it hardly seems advantageous to give that type of attention to fe8 and not 7.

Oh and also: I've been watching Ghast's playthrough of FE7 randomized and whenever he looks at growths he looks at the growths of the characters replaced rather than the characters recieved. Is he right to do that? Does this mean that if I get, say, Harken with his awesome pre-promote bases as my main lord he'll have Eliwood's growths instead? Because if that's so it changes everything.

Edited by Kyne

Sooo I have a question, it appears as though on version 1.1.1 a feature was added to make it capable of running with Klok's FE8 fix patch which adds a few character classes and all (they don't appear to have been added yet).

If I apply Klok's fix patch for FE7 will the randomizer count the classes added in that patch? I've been using the randomizer him and Ephraim made mostly because of the added female variety and because I don't like crossgender classes. Then I realized his does it anyway and I figured I'd use this one. Not having that extra variety for the women is a little weird to me though (especially in a game with no female myrmidon or cavalier despite having female paladin and swordmaster. Not to mention the obvious lack of femKnights and femGenerals when comparing it to fe8).

Considering the "advantages" in that department FE8 has, it hardly seems advantageous to give that type of attention to fe8 and not 7.

Oh and also: I've been watching Ghast's playthrough of FE7 randomized and whenever he looks at growths he looks at the growths of the characters replaced rather than the characters recieved. Is he right to do that? Does this mean that if I get, say, Harken with his awesome pre-promote bases as my main lord he'll have Eliwood's growths instead? Because if that's so it changes everything.

Dude. Klok's FE8 fix patch is for FE8.

For your other questions, if you want to look at growths just see the Changelog that you can generate. Don't know why Ghast uses Nightmare tho.

I know. I meant his FE7 patch. "Klok's Fix patch FOR FE7".

And it's not about checking nightmare or not it's about whether the growths of the character he gets are the ones of the character replaced or their own.

Hello. I have run into a problem regarding FE6 randomized. So I finished Ch. 21 and Roy's supposed to promote right? Well, the game froze, Roy turned into a Warrior (his sprite changed no menu came up or anything) and the game had a darkened screen and then froze completely. Is there a way to fix this?

I know. I meant his FE7 patch. "Klok's Fix patch FOR FE7".

And it's not about checking nightmare or not it's about whether the growths of the character he gets are the ones of the character replaced or their own.

If you don't randomize growths every characters gets the growths of the replacement.

For example, if, say, Ninian replaces Bartre, that character will have 5% in strength and skill.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Ross Journeyman who is level 10 and didn't promote at the start of the next battle. He has 4 move so I assume he is what is called a T0 Journeyman from what I've read on this thread. I've also read that I need to modify a Hero's Crest in order to promote him but I don't know how to do that in Nightmare. Can anyone help me?

btw: Ross replaced Erika if that helps.

Edited by Firion231

Hey, i've got a few questions. These may sound stupid, but i'm an idiot.

So, how do you randomize characters? Even though i manage to randomize the classes, i still get the starting characters like Lyn, Kent and so on.

Also, i've tried 3 different patches that remove the tutorial, but NUPS will say that the patch doesn't match the file. If i try patching the file before randomizing it, it works fine, but after randomizing the tutorial is back again.

The weapon levels also don't work. Sain become a Mage but was still able to use swords and lances, and Lyn could use swords as an Archer.

So, how do you randomize characters? Even though i manage to randomize the classes, i still get the starting characters like Lyn, Kent and so on.

Also, i've tried 3 different patches that remove the tutorial, but NUPS will say that the patch doesn't match the file. If i try patching the file before randomizing it, it works fine, but after randomizing the tutorial is back again.

The weapon levels also don't work. Sain become a Mage but was still able to use swords and lances, and Lyn could use swords as an Archer.

Are you sure this is the randomizer you're using? Because that last problem is not supposed to happen...

To randomize characters you need to go to the "Change Recruitment" (or something) option, located at the bottom right of the randomizer. You can choose either Inverse or Random.

Also you don't need to use any patches that remove the tutorial, this randomizer automatically applies it to FE7. And if you want to go straight to Eliwood's or Hector's story you can search a save on google.

Are you sure this is the randomizer you're using? Because that last problem is not supposed to happen...

To randomize characters you need to go to the "Change Recruitment" (or something) option, located at the bottom right of the randomizer. You can choose either Inverse or Random.

Also you don't need to use any patches that remove the tutorial, this randomizer automatically applies it to FE7. And if you want to go straight to Eliwood's or Hector's story you can search a save on google.

Alright. I got the weapon levels fixed and they work normally now, but the characters are still the same. I tried Normal, Reversed and Random recruitments but i still get the normal characters. Is this just something with Lyn's story? I guess i'll try with Eliwood's story soon...

EDIT: Sweet, it worked! Thanks a lot!

This is what happened in the first chapter though..

xAUdfuv.png

spXoJPG.png

lW4gzfq.png

yup, i broke it

Edited by Ember

Actually I'm pretty sure that for Lyn's story, Lyn, Sain, Kent, Florina and Wil can not have their recruitment randomized. I'm guessing this might have something to do with them having 2 versions of their characters because of the game's tutorial. They will be randomized in the other stories but I've randomized FE7 dozens of times and those 5 never randomize, no matter what difficulty you play in.

Alright. I got the weapon levels fixed and they work normally now, but the characters are still the same. I tried Normal, Reversed and Random recruitments but i still get the normal characters. Is this just something with Lyn's story? I guess i'll try with Eliwood's story soon...

xAUdfuv.png

spXoJPG.png

lW4gzfq.png

yup, i broke it

I also got Wyvern Lord!Vaida and HectorLord!Jaffar in my run :P

xAUdfuv.png

spXoJPG.png

lW4gzfq.png

yup, i broke it

Strength'll be a problem later, as Jaffar usually has a bad strength growth on top of Hector Lord not getting strength on promotion.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there's a problem with Echidna's route in FE6. After randomizing the game (Just classes-- both Roy and the thieves.), the pirate Reinforcements in Ch. 10 will force the game itself to reset and return to the main menu. I wasn't sure how to fix this problem, and thus was forced to freeze the player phase in order to complete the map.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12.1.2017 at 1:21 AM, Esme said:

Looks like there's a problem with Echidna's route in FE6. After randomizing the game (Just classes-- both Roy and the thieves.), the pirate Reinforcements in Ch. 10 will force the game itself to reset and return to the main menu. I wasn't sure how to fix this problem, and thus was forced to freeze the player phase in order to complete the map.

I heard that someone else also had problems with pirate reinforcements - not sure if it was that chapter, though. Have you tried to block the reinforcements? Or did you complete the chapter already?

5 hours ago, Ember said:

I heard that someone else also had problems with pirate reinforcements - not sure if it was that chapter, though. Have you tried to block the reinforcements? Or did you complete the chapter already?

Yeah, I had to freeze the turn count in order to prevent the pirates from appearing. This also meant that I had to forfeit recruiting Geese and Gonzales.

The same thing also happened in the following chapter, right after Kleine appeared. Once the bandit reinforcements appeared and the enemy phase began, the game would go to the bandits' position and then freeze. I had to freeze the turn count again and kill the bandits. When I did, the game continued as normal.

Strangely enough, this didn't occur during the desert chapter when the berserker duo and their bandit group appeared.

Edited by Esme

I was playing chapter 25 of FE7, Pale Flower of Darkness(Jerme's version) and something interesting happened.

dlSnSvT.png

Is there an explanation why this happens? All other enemies in the chapter were fine, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5.2.2017 at 0:51 PM, Ember said:

I was playing chapter 25 of FE7, Pale Flower of Darkness(Jerme's version) and something interesting happened.

dlSnSvT.png

Is there an explanation why this happens? All other enemies in the chapter were fine, though.

He's there in the original game too, the randomizer is not to blame.

This post was originally a complaint but I found out the issue and I can't delete this post so I might as well say this. Apparently, characters including enemy bosses, can have a maximum of a 255% growth rate but enemies can only have a maximum of a 127% growth rate because they for some reason can have a minimum of a -128% growth rate.

One interesting thing is that when I gave enemies 255% growth rates and didn't touch the enemy bosses. The bosses used the enemy (class) growth rates and had high stats instead of using their own personal growth rate.

Edited by amg