Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

well I found a glitch with fire emblem 7 where when you meet lyn and her comrades in eliwood's tale, If you did lyn mode, they may be different charecters

edit: well I found will again, though hes a different class than in lyn mode(he was a hector lord)

stuff.PNG

Edited by squid4001

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Fantastic work. But there's no random recruitment order in the latest version?

I wonder if shops could be updated too, could be kinda of scary to roll 3 magic users and only get iron swords/lances shops.

Meanwhile I'm having fun. Lyn started as a Knight, Kent fit perfectly as a Monk, Sain also fit perfectly as a Bard. What a duo. Florina looked great and also fit as a Great Lady.

Edited by Lanko

• 3 weeks later...

Can random growths exceed 100% like Karel (FE6), Fa and Myrrh have?

edit: I'd like to see an option for preventing characters from all getting the same class. Doing an FE8 run and got a ton of armor knights and cleric/priests

edit 2: Cormag is unrecruitable if he's a non-flying class. Erika (even being ferried by a flyer you might not have) can't get next to him, and he can't move. I imagine this is true for

Edited by deuxhero

Wow, I completely forgot about this thread. I’ll make a full post later, but I wrote a newer, more robust randomizer called Yune that you can find in the first post of this thread now. Please use that one as I won’t be supporting the old one anymore. If any mods are reading we can probably close this thread.

Reasons to use the new randomizer:

* Less crashes! (Hopefully)

* Random enemy classes!

* Fixed palettes!

* Cross platform support!

* NEW! FE4 support! (Still working out some small bugs with this one. Major thanks to the previous documentation from Lamia on this one.)

* And probably more!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 11:46 AM, lushen124 said:

Wow, I completely forgot about this thread. I’ll make a full post later, but I wrote a newer, more robust randomizer called Yune that you can find in the first post of this thread now. Please use that one as I won’t be supporting the old one anymore. If any mods are reading we can probably close this thread.

Reasons to use the new randomizer:

* Less crashes! (Hopefully)

* Random enemy classes!

* Fixed palettes!

* Cross platform support!

* NEW! FE4 support! (Still working out some small bugs with this one. Major thanks to the previous documentation from Lamia on this one.)

* And probably more!

Yune won't apply the changes to the rom, it only sits there saying "applying  changes."

Edited by squid4001

• 4 weeks later...

I normally don't post, but I have found several issues, primarily with FE6. First, the randomized recruitment option on the randomizer for all three GBA games is grayed out and unselectable. Also twice, I have found an issue where a unit's stat turns into --. I think this comes from something when the stat is capped. The stat is then treated as 0 and needs the use of several stat-boosters to get it back to zero. It happened to my Nomad Trooper Wolt in speed and my General Lilina in Def. Also, getting past chapter 21x is impossible for me, as after the cutscene and receiving the Binding Blade,  the game freezes on the glitched sprite of my Falcoknight Roy on the throne for about 20 seconds, then goes to the transition to the save select, but freezes again permanently in a blacked-out state. Any idea why this happens? After I finished the Sacaen route of the midgame, Yoder appeared with a second Durandal in his inventory instead of Maltet as well. I included my settings below.

Glitch1.PNG

Glitch2.PNG

Glitch3.PNG

Glitch4.PNG

Clog.PNG

Edited by Astra's Wielder
Missing Info

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking randomizing base stats might be a bad idea.

My first run of a randomized FE7 resulted in Lyn having 2 speed and 3 magic as a sorcerer, can't even kill the first bandit and she gets doubled right after.

• 2 weeks later...

every time I try to randomize FE6, class weapon ranks are fucked up, in 8.4 it's S rank for everyone and the main executable has A rank for everyone. is this supposed to happen? seems broken but idk

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got Seth as a Recruit, which I though would be really nice seeing as I though I could promote him twice, but now I can't even promote him at all... Does he have to be level 20 or something? He's level 10 and I've tried both the Knight Crest and Master Seal and neither of them are usable...

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 6:22 PM, Ammonil said:

I got Seth as a Recruit, which I though would be really nice seeing as I though I could promote him twice, but now I can't even promote him at all... Does he have to be level 20 or something? He's level 10 and I've tried both the Knight Crest and Master Seal and neither of them are usable...

I assume that Seth is a final stage Super Recruit

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Trainee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, I have been trying to translate FE6 randomized ROM, and I took a long time to do it. So I will be posting this in case anyone end up having the same problem.
To randomize Fire Emblem 6, you need to use an original ROM file, that is in japanese. But to translate it to english, the UPS patch(wich is the most commom i found on google searches) won't work. You have to use an IPS translation pack. This one here, worked for me: FE6 IPS translator. Seems like it is an old one, and might have some issues, but I'm glad it at least worked. (And you need an IPS patch program to do this, you can fin one here: Serene patch tutorial)

TL;DR; To randomize and play FE6: First you use YUNE on original FE6 ROM, and THEN use an IPS translation patch to translate the randomized ROM.

Edited by KuriTKTD

God damnit....Neverming what I said....just noticed the "Apply English Patch" option that already BUILT IN YUNE....
Never knew that was a thing...

47 minutes ago, KuriTKTD said:

So, I have been trying to translate FE6 randomized ROM, and I took a long time to do it. So I will be posting this in case anyone end up having the same problem.
To randomize Fire Emblem 6, you need to use an original ROM file, that is in japanese. But to translate it to english, the UPS patch(wich is the most commom i found on google searches) won't work. You have to use an IPS translation pack. This one here, worked for me: FE6 IPS translator. Seems like it is an old one, and might have some issues, but I'm glad it at least worked. (And you need an IPS patch program to do this, you can fin one here: Serene patch tutorial)

TL;DR; To randomize and play FE6: First you use YUNE on original FE6 ROM, and THEN use an IPS translation patch to translate the randomized ROM.

Edited by KuriTKTD

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone will reply to this, but I've recently been doing a HHM FE7 randomized run, and it's been going great. (Except for Battle Before Dawn where I had to cheat in a rescue staff because a fighter had 8 movement and one shot young Zephiel turn 1)

Now I'm on Chapter 32, but the game keeps crashing and/or stopping completely. For some reason a blue unit that looks to be a Lyn Lord appears at the top left forts and runs into one, which happened many times since the beginning, but I've always been able to just reset and continue. But all of a sudden when some of the mages move from the bottom right (they have like 7 movement, don't know if that matters) and the Lyn appears again, the game just stops. The units are still moving in their idle animations and I can see some enemies who've yet to move in enemy phase, but the game just comes to a halt. I'm sorry if this was brought up before, but I would appreciate some help if possible, as I'd really like to finish when I'm so close to the end!

• 4 months later...