NICKT™

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went ahead of the pack and did Nasir, 'cause he just looked interesting to do.

The eyes don't necessarily seem bad to me, but they don't seem right, if that makes sense.

Edited by NICKT™

401002NasirEyesFix.png This should do the trick. But such thin eyes are crazy hard to make look good in such a reduced proportion.

Even if I still find them too big.

Edited by Solum

Enter, stage right- MAKAROV.

I feel it's passable but that it's got a lot of little iffies with it, things like not using much of the armour's third shade but I didn't want to over power the colour like I've done on the others.

The hair's a bit flatter with larger areas of lightest shades, it may have worked better with a fourth to be honest but as it stands, it at least works to convey what you're meant to be seeing, somewhat.

Edited by NICKT™

i think it's a good one, but needs new palettes overall. serrapink is too candylike, and the armour palette is not orange enough.

other than that i like, it probably needs some shading where hair meets the face tho

AmL2ILX.png

i thought the colors were too washed out armor and cloth wise, also tried to make his smile more dopey

but the armor could be more orange still

Edited by Ghatsu!

I've been thinking that when XNA comes out, it'd be great to have a big community push for a remake of as many possible games on it. FE2/4 would be rather difficult, due to free-roaming and a generation system respectively (Doable with coding but not any other way) but FE9 and 10? Piece of cake. Literally everything you need except biorhythm is already there. And biorhythm sucked.

Hope it works out :3

Dude, dude, why do you think I'm doing this..?

I actually assumed for fun haha

Edited by Klokinator

I've been thinking that when XNA comes out, it'd be great to have a big community push for a remake of as many possible games on it. FE2/4 would be rather difficult, due to free-roaming and a generation system respectively (Doable with coding but not any other way) but FE9 and 10? Piece of cake. Literally everything you need except biorhythm is already there. And biorhythm sucked.

Hope it works out :3

I actually assumed for fun haha

I was sitting here almost pulling my hair out because I didn't know what to do for the bigger mugs, 'cause they wouldn't work in the player menus.

It's why I've skipped some and have gone to those that I know fit the FEXNA mug box.

But yeah, I'd probably change a couple things, maybe tweak a few others, but overall, like you said, I don't see it being too hard to replicate.

Edited by NICKT™

Arch has a mockup for FE5XNA sitting in his dropbox. But he has the same problem as me. Toooooo many ideas and he's only one man :(

He did mention if anyone wanted to try it when XNA is released that he'd let them use his ideas.

1. Because it's a good game but could still stand to be improved

2. Because it would be fun to make it

3. Because it would be a good learning experience

4. Because it would generate more resources for the fandom

5. Most importantly, because it would be a good base game if released with all assets F2U for people to edit and learn how a full game works in XNA, since otherwise we only have 7x. (And that won't even be F2U, so currently on release all people will have nothing to work with or any examples to use.)

should I go on

...?

you can substitute fe9 for literally any other game in the series pre fe6 for the exact same reasons and I feel someone would be more validated to do those instead.

I can't speak for everyone but I'd personally be way more interested in a remake of 1-5 or hell even arch's fe5cna mock up than demaking an already localized game that is universally recognized as one of the GOAT in the franchise.

but, whatever.

spend your time the way you want to idgaf.

Edited by Ghatsu!

As far as I know, lots of people have expressed interest in remaking FE4, 5, and 6. There already exist remakes of FE1-2 in multiple reincarnations officially and unofficially (See: Exalted Legacy as the most current example). I haven't heard much interest expressed in FE9-10. If people are already interested in all of the old games, there's no reason another few people can't work on later games as well. It's not like there's a shortage of people to make said games.