How many copies of an MC should you play?

DarkFrosty117

I'm currently trying to formulate a Shadow Dragon deck after buying a booster box. I want to have Marth as my MC, but I'm not sure how much deck space I should allocate for him. As of making this post, I'm thinking 8-12 copies would be great (leaning more towards a higher number) since that would increase your average amount of evasions in the game.

What do you guys think? How many copies of your MC do you play in your deck, and why?

8 seems to be the standard for the lowest amount of copies. With a higher number of cards you increase the likelihood of holding crit/dodges, but you also get more failed support checks. I'm currently testing a 24 Marth deck and it's kind of silly.

I'd say the biggest thing to keep in mind is rather than how many MC cards you run what do your non-MCs do for the deck? In terms of your turns and support calls. Will they support him enough to warrant more MC cards? Or will it weaken the deck overall.

8-12 is a good number, regardless of how many forms the MC has access to (many people use a number of cost 4 and 5 Marth and few to none of the cost 1 when using him as MC, for example). Go low if you want many units on the field, while go high if you want to have a few, but more powerful, units on your field, in general.

For Marth, he does have access to 6 forms, more than any other character in the game, and all that crit and evading may be crazy, but you won't have much of a field presence, which does limit his effectiveness, in my opinion, seeing as both his promoted forms rely on having many units on the field. Go for the lower numbers. Just my two cents.

Yeah, it's been a weird run so far. But if you supply him with good support units like Olivia and Cordelia. You start having access to multi-swings. Which has won me a couple games. Navarre also gives you access to a potential 2 kills per swing if the enemy is using low cost units.

Edited by Fallsmyer

Inigo is a good example. People play 1 additional Inigo level 1 that can never ever be played, just for crits and dodges.

Marth decks play 1 level 1 Marth, 4 Lodestars, 1~3 level 5s.