General US Politics

Ansem

what are your thoughts about the race so far? i am personally wondering where/what jeb bush is doing while trump is reveling in publicity.

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. and as much as i like him, unfortunately i don't think the united states is leftist enough to accept him. if he's on the ballot, he gets my vote, but i don't have much confidence that he'll win.

Trump actually announced that he was inviting Oprah to be his vice-president.

Trump-Oprah sounds like an interesting duo to watch, I guess. :D

Seriously? Trump sounds like a guy who alternate histories will be written about in 2050.

Trump needs Kanye on his ticket so he could reach out to disenfranchised youth. Thier personalities complement each other too.

But on a serious note I think Trump and his aides are playing the public like an instrument. I refuse to believe a grown man like him would intentionally make comments like that. He's a celebrity firstly, so I think he would know that inflammatory comments generate publicity, and for a celebrity like him, any publicity is good publicity. This is shown by his poll ratings. But delegates do the nominations, and though the race has only begun he probably have pissed them off enough to dash all hope of nomination. He probably won't end his streak so he will continue to piss them off further reducing the possibility of him being nominated.

Between the GOP and Hillary I'd rather a meteor fell on America.

I don't have much to say about the race so far, but none of the GOP candidates stand out in a good way to me, and the less said about Hilary and the other Dems, in my opinion, the better.

i think the republican party is gradually falling apart, so it should be an interesting race.

yeah there's a lot one can say about the mere fact that trump looks to poll well enough to enter the big boy's primary debate; i forgot where i read this, but there's a lot of stuff about how a lot of the GOP candidates are "appealing to the base". trump, however, is the base; he's the loudmouthed, xenophobic, racist idiot who goes to tea party rallies and sincerely believes obama was born in kenya, just that he has more money and worse hair. he's pretty much the base's id incarnate and that's why he's getting all the support he is

He probably won't end his streak so he will continue to piss them off further reducing the possibility of him being nominated.

i for one am shocked that an old man who gets, no, dives into twitter slapfights with people who laugh at him would do this.

I don't have much to say about the race so far, but none of the GOP candidates stand out in a good way to me, and the less said about Hilary and the other Dems, in my opinion, the better.

why is clinton bad in your opinion?

Edited by Phoenix Wright

yeah there's a lot one can say about the mere fact that trump looks to poll well enough to enter the big boy's primary debate; i forgot where i read this, but there's a lot of stuff about how a lot of the GOP candidates are "appealing to the base". trump, however, is the base; he's the loudmouthed, xenophobic, racist idiot who goes to tea party rallies and sincerely believes obama was born in kenya, just that he has more money and worse hair. he's pretty much the base's id incarnate and that's why he's getting all the support he is

Wait, Obama's NOT born in Kenya?

Isn't xenophobic like fearing different species? Maybe you mean genophohic?

i for one am shocked that an old man who gets, no, dives into twitter slapfights with people who laugh at him would do this.

Whoever deserves to be laughed at is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure he thinks that his opponents should be getting laughed at.

Whoever deserves to be laughed at is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure he thinks that his opponents should be getting laughed at.

no, xenophobia is, "intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries." genophobia is fear of sex.

trump is an idiot. all evidence points to this truth.

Nope. Xenophobia is the fear of things that are "different". . .whether it be a different species, race, etc. depends on context.

I haven't been paying as much attention to the race as I should, but if my choices are Hillary (who probably won't improve the already awful NSA situation) or whatever the GOP cranks out, I think I'll vote for a third party.

EDIT: BRB, banning Phoenix Wright :P:

Edited by eclipse

i'd say something about what xenophobic means, but phoenix wright covered me on that front, looks like

but uh, how does the second part follow with what i said? "donald trump is petty and spiteful enough to personally get into twitter slapfights and tweet angry things at losers and haters his critics and people whom he's publicly feuding with, so it would be unsurprising if he doesn't give a crap about pissing off the RNC with his antics"

also of note, murdoch wants trump buried, while ailes is happily promoting him via fox

Edited by I.M. Gei

Woops. I guess that explains why I've seen xeno- used to refer to "aliens".

Also, I was just saying that people laugh at Trump, but he probably laughs right back at them, thinking he is right. Either that or he's actually a bit smarter than he looks.

Voting for Sanders in the primary, but will vote for whoever wins the Democratic nomination. I may be way more disillusioned with the Democrats than I was in 2008 (when I was about six months too young to vote anyway, but still actively worked for the Obama campaign), but a mostly center-right party like the Dems is still better than a batshit-insane far-right party like the GOP.

Woops. I guess that explains why I've seen xeno- used to refer to "aliens".

Also, I was just saying that people laugh at Trump, but he probably laughs right back at them, thinking he is right. Either that or he's actually a bit smarter than he looks.

he's certainly entitled to laugh right back, but that he, as a public figure, publicly sends angry tweets left and right like he's twelve years old (oh right how did i forget that he doxxed one of his rivals yesterday), says a lot about him and calls into question why one would want his finger on the nukes button

p.s. lolololol

Screen_Shot_2015-07-06_at_8.41.00_AM.png

trumpiq.png

Edited by I.M. Gei

stop being so picky, you have 16 or so people you can choose from.

I'm voting for Bernie Sanders in primaries, but if he doesn't get the nomination I'm going for Clinton in the general election. (or whoever else gets the democratic nomination for that matter)

i wonder what would happen if i attacked trump via twitter...

"forums poster phoenix wright is a yoooooooooge hater and loser! but even he can learn to be successful by observing me, The Donald!"

uh i think that's my best trump impression