General US Politics

Ansem

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend actually said that he knows the grandson of the previous democratic Senator of Alabama prior to Doug Jones and he said that his dad recounted the hearing that kept Sessions out of the state AG spot.

Anyway, my friend showed me this quote from Republican backer:

Damning statement from Senate Leadership Fund CEO Steven Law: “This is a brutal reminder that candidate quality matters regardless of where you are running. Not only did Steve Bannon cost us a critical Senate seat in one of the most Republican states in the country, but he also dragged the President of the United States into his fiasco.”

1 minute ago, Lord Raven said:

My friend actually said that he knows the grandson of the previous democratic Senator of Alabama prior to Doug Jones and he said that his dad recounted the hearing that kept Sessions out of the state AG spot.

Anyway, my friend showed me this quote from Republican backer:

Fake news. It's a small local election. This was a referendum on Harvey Weinstein; nothing to do with national Republicans or with Trump. Why are we even talking about Roy Moore? The real story of the night is new evidence that anti-Trump liberal Bob Mueller needs to be investigated for running a crooked investigation. (Sorry. Still watching Fox.)

7 minutes ago, The Geek said:

This is going to be contested to hell and back.  Trump is going to be off his rocker (more so than usual, I mean)

Eh, Moore will come out tonight and give up sometime around midnight eastern tonight, it's over.  

5 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I'm flipping to Fox News just because I want to see their reaction. Lol This should be good.

Laura Ingraham isn't going to talk about a loss.

Here's an interesting editorial from the USA Today, a pretty non-political paper https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/12/12/trump-lows-ever-hit-rock-bottom-editorials-debates/945947001/

I pray everyday that the President learns to be a decent man because a decent man can be humbled, maybe this loss in Alabama will be a lesson for him to just grow up, but not matter Doug Jones should celebrate being the most vulnerable senator in the whole United States Senate; he's going to be creamed in four years.

There was 20,000 write-ins. Less than the margin that Jones won by. There was obviously some disgruntled Republicans.

I'm sure Trump will pretend that he never endorsed Moore when he emerges tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I'm flipping to Fox News just because I want to see their reaction. Lol This should be good.

Are US news channels 24/7? That's pretty insane - I'm not entirely sure that contributes to healthy coverage, but considering the state of media in the US maybe it's not just that...

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

There was 20,000 write-ins. Less than the margin that Jones won by. There was obviously some disgruntled Republicans.

I'm sure Trump will pretend that he never endorsed Moore when he emerges tomorrow.

Are US news channels 24/7? That's pretty insane - I'm not entirely sure that contributes to healthy coverage, but considering the state of media in the US maybe it's not just that...

On election nights they are, they go like 20 hours on normal days.

3 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Are US news channels 24/7? That's pretty insane 

It is, and most of it is just panels of paid talking-heads yelling at each other. Its a bit nutty. (When a politician's official career comes to an end with inglorious defeat, they go over to the news networks and become paid panelists. Because what Rick Santorum thinks about the election results is exactly what we need to hear right now)

5 minutes ago, Zasplach said:

I guess I'm a liar, I feel physically ill after that 'concession' speech.

It's exactly what I thought a hateful, bigoted, God-fearing pedophile's "concession speech" would sound like. 

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

It's exactly what I thought a hateful, bigoted, God-fearing pedophile's "concession speech" would sound like. 

God-fearing men can be humbled by the Lord, he's just an ass who's whining like a big baby.

8 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Could you give me the rundown? I'd rather not get the water from the poisoned well myself to be honest.

1 minute ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Could you give me the rundown? I'd rather not get the water from the poisoned well myself to be honest.

He said the race wasn't over, that he was expecting to see a recount automatically happen (.5% difference results in automatic recount) and that God was in control and that he hadn't lost and thanks to the media for your lies and we haven't lost yet.

Just now, Zasplach said:

He said the race wasn't over, that he was expecting to see a recount automatically happen (.5% difference results in automatic recount) and that God was in control and that he hadn't lost and thanks to the media for your lies and we haven't lost yet.

What a fucking muppet. The fact that a child molester can say something like that with a straight face is disgusting.

The Alabama Secretery of State also basically shut him down and told him that if he wanted to pay for a recount he could, but it wasn't going to help.

"The people of Alabama have spoken," says Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill, a Republican, seeming to reject Moore's contention that the result is somehow in doubt.

Then again, are we really surprised that Roy Moore can't take 'no' for an answer?

Edited by Tryhard

4 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

What a fucking muppet. The fact that a child molester can say something like that with a straight face is disgusting.

He is definitely a caricature of a human

3 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

The Alabama Secretery of State also basically shut him down and told him that if he wanted to pay for a recount he could.

"The people of Alabama have spoken," says Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill, a Republican, seeming to reject Moore's contention that the result is somehow in doubt.

Then again, are we really surprised that Roy Moore can't take 'no' for an answer?

But all those military provisional ballots are still out there and clearly all those God-fearing military men and women voted for Moore, or so Mr Moore's argument goes.  And just because the state of Alabama isn't going to pay for it doesn't mean that Steve Bannon can't raise money to get a recount and then drag it into the courts and make this last for weeks at least, maybe months.

17 hours ago, Tryhard said:

Lol.

I have to wonder what people like him do when faced with reality. Like, he can keep saying, "the media is lying" till the sun goes down, but it's not going to change anything. Like, seriously. It's over. He has to know this.

So in case people don't know the Trump administration is apparently banning certain words from being used by the Centers for Disease Control in their reports:

http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/healthcare/365204-trump-admin-bans-cdc-from-using-evidence-based-and-science-based

The Trump administration has reportedly banned the Centers for Disease Control from using the phrases “evidence-based” and “science-based” on official documents.

Senior CDC officials distributed the list of “forbidden” words and phrases to policy analysts at the CDC on Thursday, the Washington Post reported Friday. The list also bans the use of “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender” and “fetus.”

i don't want to hear about political correctness from the right until they can defend or disavow this

snowflakes indeed

Edited by Tryhard

5 hours ago, Tryhard said:

So in case people don't know the Trump administration is apparently banning certain words from being used by the Centers for Disease Control in their reports:

http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/healthcare/365204-trump-admin-bans-cdc-from-using-evidence-based-and-science-based

The Trump administration has reportedly banned the Centers for Disease Control from using the phrases “evidence-based” and “science-based” on official documents.

Senior CDC officials distributed the list of “forbidden” words and phrases to policy analysts at the CDC on Thursday, the Washington Post reported Friday. The list also bans the use of “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender” and “fetus.”

i don't want to hear about political correctness from the right until they can defend or disavow this

snowflakes indeed

Nothing says conviction in one's beliefs and love for freedom quite like literal censorship.

Edited by Thane

12 hours ago, Tryhard said:

snowflakes indeed

"Analysts are reportedly prohibited from using the phrases in official documents they prepare for the 2019 budget, which is expected to be released in February."

I think you should post everything, by leaving that part out you made it sound like in total, they could not use those words

Personally,  with the exeption of the word "fetus",  I think they're trying to keep identity politics out of the CDC.

HOWEVER, I think that it may unnecessarily hurt some research projects they want to do.

edit:typo

Edited by Captain Karnage